Complaints & Reviews

Trying to fool me but didn't.

Sold my FFXI paladin for $147.80 US to paypal. Two weeks pass and now they are trying to take the money back through paypal saying buying dispute. I wrote them and tried to talk to them but they keep ignoring me. Lol guess whos nottttt payyyying them? ~.^ Stupid Company dicks are for chicks. I swear, these scammers have it coming to them. I tried to log back into my account and they changed it all, so either way, I sold my account, and they'll never see that money ever again. Nice try scammers. God they piss me off. But that's my rant. Justice was served for once. Just the nerve of them trying to get their greedy stubby hands on MY money. Hahaha nice tryyyyy. Ok I'm done!

Josh

• Ne
    neophyte Apr 08, 2009

The problem was, at the time you made your transaction they were selling the company, they had a buyer lined up and the paperwork was done. They didn't care what they did to the reputation afterwords so they screwed you, it is regretable...

The new owners are great, they are in the US and they seem to actually care about your experience

Scam

I bought an account from accounts.net, the account was banned after 24 hours and they do not want to offer the compensation!! And be careful, accounts.net = Charz.com !! Watch out!

• Al
    Alexander Julian Nov 23, 2007

I sold an account to accounts.net recently however they refuse to pay me. In fact they dont answer my emails - and it seems that everytime i try to get in touch with them they find some way around it or just dont reply.

I've earlier sold an accounts to accounts.net and they payed me then, but now for some reason they dont seem to be willing to pay me.

I would not reccomend using their site for selling or buying at all..!

Attempted to steal my account without payment

I attempted to sell my world of warcraft account to these people. They sent me an email saying I should change the registered email to one of their choosing. When I tried to log in to do this, I found that the password had been changed. No one besides them had the password and I have the email from Blizzard saying my password was changed a few hours after I submitted the information to them.

What really strikes me as odd about this is just how stupidly they've gone about it. They've denied changing the password but it was clearly them. Since I have the registered email still, they will either lose control of the account, or the account will become locked, at which point either both of us will have nothing or they will try and sell a locked account to someone. If they had just waited a few days they could probably have successfully scammed the account from me, but they were apparently too impatient. Childish at best.

• Br
    brady May 27, 2008

attempted to sell my ffxi account to them, and they ask for your keys and password after they say they are going to buy your account, now i am out of my account ( since i took it over for a ex college friend who quit playing) so i cant get it back, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING!!! they get your keys than like in my case, asked me to change jobs to confirm the account, yet if they havnt logged on to the account, they would not of known this. this is the info from domain.com i got from them:

Registrant:
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: ACCOUNTS.NET

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration [email protected]
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

mabye this company should unhost them, mabye if they get some complaints they may help perhaps

again, DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Ca
    carlos Jul 16, 2008

I put up one of my extra RS accounts just to see what would happen. A week later I got RS with my main and I saw that my other character was online. When I attempted to access my Accounts.net account via e-mail I am directed to a page that says: "This Account Is Not Ready Check Back Later". It had been posted on the website for about 2 weeks and now all of a sudden it is gone. THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM. AVOID IT.

• Se
    Sevnth Dec 21, 2009

Wow...so it's true...man this is straight freaky ### here.
    Many people at that "company" are soon going to die.

It could be nonsense, but I doubt it, because the origin of this information came from a conversation NO ONE knew was being over heard.

Long story made very short - They pissed off a very rich and resourceful ex-special forces psychopath with friends...which was the whole reason I ran home to get online to even see what the hell "Accounts.net" even was.

I thought I should go to the police, but I didn't because I figured they'd just think i was nuts...now after reading all about these evil ###, I'm glad I didn't report it for a TOTALLY different reason...God I truly hope they get away with offin' those punks...Lord forgive me...

Completely bogus!

Ahhh, hindsight. I sold my account through these people. Then five days (and countless chats w/ company reps) later I found this page. Firstly, I never received ANY confirmation emails, despite constant verification and assurances with the live reps. They said I would receive an email confirming the bid. Nope. "Check your spam filters and your paypal email address." Nope. I watched the listings diligently and once my account disappeared I checked with the reps again to make sure. "Your account sold yesterday. You will receive the money in your PayPal account within 12 hours." Nope.

It's been 60 hours since the 12 hour promise, I'm back in the queue to talk to a rep. Now it's time for the lawyers. I only hope I can track down the poor sap who bought my old account so I can suggest he dispute the charge.

DO NOT SELL OR BUY AN ACCOUNT THROUGH ACCOUNTS.NET!

• Wa
    waren erickson Dec 17, 2007

Agree with accounts.net as fraudulent. i am putting together a formal complaint to BBB to begin with, and if indeed they are based in china then will continue further as needed. Has anyone been able to aquire some sort of contact information other than the bogus account.net emails? lookin for a phone number to company headquarters or even names of people who own the company, etc? Any info would be appreciated.

• Cr
    Creyo Dec 17, 2007

Waren,

I was told they are directly from China. BBB doesn't help you when it's an offshore based company. They have so many fraud reports nowadays and my issue is still not resolved with them either, nor do they care as they disconnect me from live chat now.

• Ro
    Robert Williams Jan 12, 2008

This company completely stripped my account of all gold and valuables and returned a completely bare and useless account to me after they failed to sell it. You do business with these people at your own expense. I URGE you not to do business with them!

chris Jul 17, 2008

I was looking around to sell my WoW account today, looked at this website.

1. They offered me $142 for an account easily worth $750-$1000.
    2. They spoke -horrible- english in the live chat. Obviously based in China.
    3. They tried to pressure me into selling my account in a way that made me feel it was almost certainly a scam.

- DO NOT EVER USE ACCOUNTS.COM -

Jamie Oct 01, 2008

I'm currently searching options for selling. I did the test and asked them location info in their Live chat. The english was fine and their response was - "Hello! We are currently based in South East Asia." I was actually suprised they told the truth. LOL now it's probably copy paste from a list of responses, but eh.

• Ru
    rusty shackellford Oct 06, 2008

This site is a scam. I tried to sell them my Final Fantasy XI account, and they stole it and I had to contact Square's customer support and have my password reset. Also, I sold them a World of Warcraft account about a year ago, and today I got an email saying that the account was "no longer in our possession", that they were "unable to reset the password", and that they were filing a complaint against me with paypal... this is BS because they have all the account info (obviously you're required to give them all account info incuding cd keys etc.), and it has been a full year... I no longer have a computer capable of running WoW, let alone the info required to reclaim the account after a year... they also claim to have "strong evidence in our case that includes chat logs, IP addresses, contact information, etc.", which is ###ing absurd... should also be noted that IGE has dropped support for this site (accounts.net used to be the official account trading site of IGE, but now accounts.com is...).

• Sp
    Splixter Nov 02, 2008

I sold them an account for 135$, easily worth $500+. But i didnt care, i went for the 135 anyway. Few months later, they are saying that they dont have the account anymore and its in a contract that I have to get it back for them. Does that seem fair? NO. They even filed a dispute on my paypal. wtf?

Illegal company!

I am a big member of the glider community, and have been buying accounts from accounts.net for a good 6...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices