AcaiNutraBurstUnauthorized charges

J Review updated:

I ordered the AcaiNutraburst for the cost of 4.95 for shipping with a free trial. 2 weeks later my credit card company called me about an unknown charge of $74.95. I called RM Billing that said I may have ordered some vitamins and gave me a number: [protected]. The person I spoke with told me I had not cancelled my subscription for the vitamins. I was out of town for a few days, so I thought I would call back to make sure I had not received the vitamins (I had not). He told me I would still owe the money whether I received the vitamins or not cause I had not cancelled within two weeks. I asked him if there was a confirmation that the vitamins had been delivered. He said yes...June 6th(which is exactly 2 weeks after I placed the order). I asked this guy what how he would define a 'free trial.' From my experience, trial period allows a consumer to try the product. He began to argue with me, so I hung up. I am home and still have not received any product and they are refuting to reimburse my credit card for a product I have not received, even 3 weeks later. Nowhere in the agreement is it stated what the price of the vitamins even are after the free trial. Apparently they think charging one $74.94 plus 5 bucks for shipping for plane old air is completely legal. Beware of this company.

• R
      Jul 14, 2009

I, too, am a victim of the Acai Nutraburst "Free Trial Scam". Now I am out, not only the $4.95 for the free trial, but also for the unauthorized order for another bottle ($74.94) AND the shipping/delivery confirmation receipt to send it back (which was nowhere near the shipping they charge!!). American Express is stating that their claim is valid!!! Supposedly, in very fine print, when you click to accept terms and privacy policy, it is hidden in there about canceling within 14 days after you receive the "free sample" and they will not refund your money if you send it "Return to Sender" after you receive the second bottle. This is quite a well put together scam. NOWHERE does it mention in the advertising screen OR the order screen that this is an automatic continuing shipment!!! You think you are only ordering the one "free trial" bottle for $4.95.

• M
      Jul 21, 2009

The same exact thing happened to me. I called to cancel twice the person couldn't hear me and there were other people on the line, I was put off saying I didn't have an account with them and it must be another company. The next time I called I was told that it's too soon to pull up my info., meanwhile I was running out of time. They finally cancelled my auto shipment but said it was too late, that they already billed my account, but yet did not sent me another bottle, which I would assume is what they charged me for. This is a definite scam and I will never order a free trial from the internet again. I want to get my money back and I don't want another bottle of Acai Nutraburst. What a rip off!!!
    Michele C.

Jul 31, 2009

This scam just happened to me on July 30, 2009. I printed out the advertisement
    " WHERE SHOULD WE SHIP YOUR ACAI NUTRABURST? "
    LIMITED SUPPLIES AVAILABLE!
    THEN IT ASKS FOR YOUR FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, PHONE, EMAIL. AFTER YOU FILL ALL THAT OUT IN PURPLE IT HAS:
    " SHIP MY BOTTLE TODAY!"
    ONLY $4.95 SHIPPING AND HANDLING (YES YOUR ORDER WILL SHIP TODAY)
    IT EVEN HAS McAfee SECURE 100% secure What a joke!!! You never have to agree to any terms or conditions so you have no phone number or know what this company is going to do next, Then all of a sudden your charged on your credit card a fee for $74.94. When you hear this charge on your account, you call to find out what this charge is for: SURPRISE IT'S THE SCAM WITH A [protected]. YOU CALL THIS NUMBER AND THEY SAY YOU AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU DID NOT CANCEL WITH IN 15 DAYS SO THIS IS FOR A BOTTLE OF NURTRA BURST. I TOLD THEM THERE WAS NEVER A TERM AND CONDITION IT ONLY WANTED YOUR NAME ADDRESS STATE ZIP ETC. THEN YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO BILL YOU FOR THE $4.95 SHIPPING AND HANDLING FEE. I WAS VERY SKEPTICAL TO BEGIN WITH THEN I WENT AHEAD AND FILLED IN THE INFORMATION AND NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED, I WAS TOOKED FOR MONEY I DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND
    MY ADVICE: BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT!!! YOU WILL BE TAKEN FOR CHARGES WHEN ALL YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING WAS JUST TRYING THE PRODUCT!!! I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED THE PRODUCT YET FOR IT ADVISES YOU TO TALK WITH YOUR DOCTER FIRST, SO I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THIS ACAI BERRY NUTRA BURST EVEN WORKS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
    THIS COMPANY HAS A GREAT SCAM GOING AND I KNOW I LEARNED MY LESSION
    " I'LL NEVER ORDER OFF THE INTERNET AGAIN " SCAM!!! SCAM!!!SCAM!!!

Aug 05, 2009

I, too, am a victim of the Acai Nurtabrust "FREE TRIAL SCAM. They also credited my account $74.94. When I called them about this matter, they said; SORRY, there's nothing we can do about it. It was NOT mentioned ANYWHERE that they would send automatic continuing shipment. Something should be done about this. How many more people will be avictim of this well put togetherscam.
    SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!SCAM!!!SCAM!!!SCAM!!!SCAM!!!SCAM!!!

Susan Catts

Aug 07, 2009

THIS BULL HAPPENED TO ME TO THEY SCAM! ME FOR 74.95 AND MAID ME OVER DRAFT.

• J
      Aug 08, 2009
    AcaiNutraBurst - Difficulty cancelling online
    Avon
    Indiana

I need to cancel before I am sent another bottle and before my credit card is charged for another bottle. My doctor recommened that I not take this productMy order # is 5371758.

•   Aug 08, 2009

Why are you posting your order number in this forum? Do you think someone here is going to contact AcaiNutraBurst for you? This is a complaint forum.

• A
      Aug 14, 2009

I placed my order june 20 and tried to cancel it on june30 but couldn't get ahold of the company. Ive been charged 3 times 74.94 I had to cancel my bank card so they would stop charging me

• C
      Aug 19, 2009

i to had the scam done on me and it doesnt state any where in the terms (that i could find) where it says you will be billed in 15 days if you dont cancel the order... i am not sure where to go from here but they got me for 74.94 2 times and they had told me that if i mail the bottles back (that i never received) they would issue me a partial credit of 50%... this company is a rip off dont ever use them...

ct

• D
      Aug 20, 2009

Many of these people are complaining that they have been scammed and I've seen this time and time again. Now, I understand there are companies out there to try to skim what they can and hope you don't shout loud enough or ever notice while they take your money BUT Many of these new ACAI products have been covering their A$$e$ by putting the exact terms and conditions in the very "Terms & Conditions" link at the bottom of the page with all the other links that are legally displayed on almost any webpage.

This form of marketing is now new or should not be treated any different than any informercial that has a trial period then automatically bills you if you don't cancel it. It clearly states that after the 14 day trial you would be billed the $74.xx amount until you cancel.

I don't mean to sound rude but "impulse buying" does not excuse you from your due diligence in making sure you're not stepping in pooh. You are being advertised to and although it can be quite persuading we can't just order out of excitement with out looking before we leap and not paying attention to anything else and cry "Scam" because even though this has happened to thousands before us we were to excited to go over the details before we whipped the plastic out.

It's 50% your fault, no matter how harsh that seems. You, as an adult are responsible to also look over as many of the details as possible. If you're buying a home, getting a loan... ANYTHING! Cover Your A$$ as well and don't expect the company selling you something to NOT try to make money off of you.

I'm not condoning the hypnotic selling methods but really, can you honestly say you've never heard of this form of marketing before... I don't think so.

Dan

• A
      Aug 25, 2009

well yeah i guess its bad when u think you have the right to buy anything off the internet with your own money, right? but you also have the right when to say its enough. I felt like i wasn't given the opportunity to this. Wait, I'm still paying for this, Why? cuss These people don't give me a straight phone number to call to. I called at least three different companies all different numbers given to me by Acai nutraburst to cancel and there's no way to reach them with these phony numbers. I'm beginning to think i have lost weight on my own because I gave up allot of food just to loose weight. Long story short I have finally found a phone number to cancel this product, problem is I have to wait until tomorrow.

Dec 01, 2009

Total scam and they are arrogant about it. I ordered the trial offer 6 months ago. Was not pleased with the produce and canceled future orders. They still sent and billed my credit card for $74.95. I called the customer service number and they said I could send the product back but would be charged a restocking fee of $34.95. I told them that was unreasonable and the guy got rude and ignorant with me. I told him I was going to contact the Attorney Generals office and he said that if I did that I would not get any refund. I did contact the Attorney General and have yet to see a refund. The Attorney General responded by saying they would keep my conplaint on file. I would love to file a class action suit.
    Barb in Pittsburgh