AcaiScam

I want to share what a site called acairesource.com that person there shared.

Two different websites, but the same product. I ordered from one website & was charged from both. I have an online “chat transcript” where the Representative denies knowledge of one of the website products. I am reporting them to the FTC for “Fraudulent Billing Practices.” Please go to the following website & file your complaint: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en#last

Please note, the Better Business Bureau is a wonderful organization, however - they ARE NOT the long arm of the law - they are a CLUB! The FTC IS THE LAW! PLEASE file your complaint. Thank you!

Cathy Roeber Sep 27, 2008

I agreed to get a sample of Acai and pay the shipping of $4.87. But now my credit card is being charged $74.76 on 8/22/08 and $5.67 on 9/11/08 from SE Westminster. When I call the phone number [protected] I get a recording and put on hold or told to go on line to www.gohelpnow.com, which doesn't connect me to the company at all. These are unauthorized charges. What can I do to stop them?

Ann Clymer Sep 30, 2008

I ordered a free 10 day trial of Hyper Hoodia and I greed to pay $4.97 shipping. Now my account is being charged $74.76 and I haven't even received the product. I called [protected] and got a recording telling me to go online to www.gohelpnow.com. When I tried this it shows web page down. I haven't even received this free product to see if I can use it and they are already chargeing me for it. How can I ensure that future deductions are not made to my checking account? I NEED SOMEONE TO PLEASE HELP ME.

Thank you.
    Ann Clymer
    Houston, TX

• El
    elaine ciolkowski Oct 03, 2008

10/3/08

I agreed to get a sample of ACAI and only pay the shipping charge of $4.87, but now on 9/23/08, my credit card is being charged $79.76. I tried calling, but you only get a recording and put on hold or told to go on line to <www.gohelpnow.com>.

Effective immediately, do not send me any more orders.

Please send me an email to confirm this.

Elaine Ciolkowski
    <[protected]@yahoo.com>

• Em
    Emily Oct 09, 2008

i WAS CHARGED ALMOST 90 DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT ORDER!

• Ze
    zeferino huerta Oct 15, 2008

i just order acai and purecolon1000 purchase trials for $4.87 each, , on 10/02/08, now my debit card is charged for -$79.76.. i call to their number [protected].. I can't get a hold of them.. is this a fraud what can we do?

Joan Sosa Nov 10, 2008

THEY AGAIN CHARGED ME $5.87 FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT ORDER OR RECEIVE.

• La
    Laurie Wise Nov 16, 2008

I did not see a final page with my added charges before they submitted and charged my credit card.

• Ga
    Gary Townsend Nov 17, 2008

We ordered the free trial offer on October 19/08, but we never received any product. Then on November 5th, we were charged on my credit card for, what I presume is another order of acai, from what I thought was a different company as the phone numbers were different. But when I called the phone numbers on both orders the answering message was the same for both and no one answered the phone. Thus my presumption that it is the same company. The original was called 14slimtabs, the second time it was called IP-4onlinehealthyfit. I never received the first order so why would you charge me for a second order, plus you signed me up to a place called PRICELIMBO.COM which I never authorized. I have tried to contact you several different ways, but there is no answer. Please return my funds asap for the original $4.82 CDN charge of shipping & handling, since I never received the product and the $108.56 CDN for the second order which I have not received and also the $10.47 for PriceLimbo which I didn't authorize. I have already contacted my credit card company and they are working on this on my behalf. Thankyou for striving to do everything possible to make the cancellation experience easy and fast in the spirit of good customer relations. I wish I had read all the complaints on the acai berry experience before I signed up for a trial, as I would not have ordered after reading them.

• Va
    Vasudha Donnely Nov 17, 2008

I got not one but two $29.95 charges. I fortunately noticed them today and called my bank. They gave me a number to call but it was invalid. I cancelled my credit card. I have to fill in the fraudulent card but I expect not to have to pay these charges. What I would like to know is how they got my credit card number because I certainly didn't give it to them! I don't care that I paid a dollar for something I obviously won't get but I do care the inconvenience of waiting for a new card, having to make arrangements for standing orders to be paid, and the fear that my computer has been hacked into.

Chetia Nov 24, 2008

I too was scammed when I tried to order a free trial for 4.95 but was later charged 44.85. If anyone knows how we can terminate the ongoing charges without cancelling our bank accounts, please advise.

• Ee
    eev Dec 05, 2008

This is a scam. They send you and email saying you qualified for a free trial of this product. Then they proceed to bill you 44.95 for what they say is another product that enhances the Acai. They have Oprah's picture so you think Oprah is promoting their product. Well, another nasty surprise is that the next month another charge appeared on my credit card and when you try to contact their phone number you only get music saying
    that "due to the popularity of their product your wait time is" 48 minutes. They say if you need online help to go to www.gethelp.com which turns out to be a useless webpage with some drug related links. They will charge your account every month it appears and there is no way to contact them and stop it so I started an investigation with American Express to stop the charges. Beware, don't fall for this scam.

Carmela Dec 10, 2008

I replied to the ad and cancel but they said they will reduce my shipping fee to $1.95 so I did take my chances since they said its a free trial. It happened 11/14/08 am, by noon they charge me $41.85 and because I am not aware of them charging me that soon I did not put any money on my debit account which in the end charging me an overdraft fee of $20.00. So I end up paying $61.85, no product delivered until after 25 days. I tried emailing and calling them to get some answers but I need to wait for 80 minutes. How rude people can get just to earn money, i hope they all burn in hell with the damage that they did us.

• Kh
    KHM1174 Dec 11, 2008

I ordered the free trial of Acai Berry and paid $4.95 shipping. Never received my product. I've written SEVERAL emails inquiring about my product and requesting refund. I have NEVER received a response. BE VERY AWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ac
    Acipure Dec 15, 2008

Acai is indeed a rip off scam. I experienced the same thing that many of the others did, I did not order the product and was unable to get my money back, let alone receive the product. I received a message by way of voice mail stating that they had received all of my e-mails and phone calls, they left a telephone number and e-mail address, needless to say, I still have not been able to contact anyone in person. This is a criminal act against people who are struggling to make ends meet and others who have been scammed, no matter what their economic condition is. Why don't we get a law suit going and bring these crooks to justice.

Marci Dec 26, 2008

I too have just received a charge on my credit card in the amount of $59.00 after having cancelled any further shipments of the product Acai. I received the free sample and paid for the second bottle, followed by cacellation of product. I am alerting my credit card provider to look into this matter. What a scam!

• Ab
    abbottir Dec 27, 2008

i too got ripped off with the free trial of acai, it was only supposed to be 3.95, then i get the stuff and with it came some hoodia stuff i did not ask for, and believe me there was no where on the page that said i was getting it .then i realized i had paid for it, or i should say they just took it out of my account.then a couple weeks later i get a statement from my bank saying i am overdrawn, i went to my bank and a fee was taken out from fitfac.com i called them and they said i agreed to be there client.whats worse is you don't get any thing from them, you just use there web site for something i'm not to sure what exactly.and they would not even listen when i told them i did not ask for this and they would not return my money.so after arguing with the lady, i got on the BBB web site.they have also had complaints and were not getting any answers from them.i hope people really read these complaints before they go for free trials.

Catherine Happ Jan 05, 2009

Do not send any more. No results in fact I've gained weight! Do not charge me for anything. No way to speak to someone. Poor customer relations!
    I order for my daughter-n-law and she didn't receive it. Stop that trial order as well! Do not send me any more!! Do not use my credit card. You are Not authorized to bill or charge me!
    Send me a confirmation that you received and acknowledged this.

• Po
    Pope Jan 09, 2009

I also requested the free trial and did not authorize the additional product. I have called them on 2 occassions requesting to stop account and reverse charges, They said they would. They have not stopped charges yet. This is such unprofessional activity by this company! I want my money back. 2 charges for $88.97 for a total of $177.94. I am requesting my back to stop current pending charge.

mary kyle Jan 15, 2009

I was charged for product that was supposed to be free or at a cost of $5.95. I was charged $86.00 on my credit card. It is a total rip off . When I called they said you have to call within 10 days to keep from getting charged for more product. Beware of using your debit card for any product.

JOYCE HAWKINS Jan 19, 2009

THIS MERCHANT IS HOLDING FUNDS OF 78.45 SINCE FRIDAY THE 16TH AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY MONEY RELEASE. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS!!!

Judy Wang Feb 01, 2009

I ordered Acai berry after Christmas, never got it. I called 2 weeks ago and complained. I was told a supervisor would call me back in 24 hours. Nothing happend. I called on my next day off and told the guy who answered, that I had ordered the product and it didn't come in, and I had been told a supervisor would call me bac, and nothing happend. You know what he said? "What do you want me to do about it". This guy is named Davey and has a thick Inidan accent. He then said another order was shipped to me the previous day. I asked him if he wouldn't like to look up my account first. What a joke. I still don't have the reship, and I don't want it.

• Ro
    rosemond shull Feb 09, 2009

i paid 5.95 for a free trial and never got it and i have been charged 88.62 for this trial . i have called and the man said i did not cancel in time but i have proof that i did cancel within the time limit he also said they will not refund my money. i have a dispute with the credit card company. this is outragous. I am paying for something and never got it.my total rip-off is 94.57and boy am i hot.

• Rh
    Rheanna777 Feb 09, 2009

PURE ACAI BERRY PRO - I CAN HELP YOU!
    [protected] IS A SCAM! TO GET THE REAL CXL #
    YOU MUST HAVE THE PACKING SLIP OR READ THE PHONE NUMBER ON MINE AT THE END OF MY POST.
    I think I can help some of you as I started off getting scammed and ended up with getting a break which not many people report succeeding with however it may be do to the company I went through.

First it's clear that the free trial is a scam with all the companies because there is not enough time to recieve the product, try it a few days and return the unused portion within 14 days of the order date. Worse yet some of them lock you into a three month deal. Unless you succeeded at returning it on time you will be charged and it explains so in the small print under tems and agreements so there is nothing you can do but bite it.

There are different compainies selling different types of Acai Berry products so you need to know where you ordered from...For example I just read an article that was saying not all types work and rated Acai Burn first, Acai Pure second and Pure Acai Berry pro third although they where all using the Oprah and Rachel ray claims even though they where selling different products.

Here is what happend and how I ended up getting some of mymoney back. I bought Pure Acai Berry Pro from www.buypureacaiberry.com. When I completed the order I wrote down on my calandar the phone number indicated to cxl wich was [protected] and the Order number. I missed the 14 day limit but needed to cancel future shipments and at the time I did not have the packaging slip so I used the info. above. The lady said that they did not have Order #'s that where like mine and she was unable to verify by using my name, phone number or e-mail and said she could not use the address. She said there was nothing she could do and used the excuse that other companies where selling these pills so I must have the wrong people even though I got the number and order number from writing it down from the website I ordered from. At this point I knew I had been scammed and I got online and googled the phone # and product name in which I saw many websites all stating that the phone number was accociated with a scam. Many people are having this happen and then they have no way to cancel the outragous price of future orders. If this is you then I have info. to help.

I got lucky and found my packing slip or else the info I wrote down when ordering would not help at all do to it being a scam.
    I remember thinking when the order came that I didn't need the slip because I had wrote the cxl phone number and my order number on the calandar. I am sure many others did this too and threw it away. If you ordered the Pure Acai Berry Pro then this is the real phone number to cxl.
    [protected]
    But wait and keep reading! Today is Feb. 9th. I tried to cxl and the man insisted on selling me more...so frustrating but I remained decent and kept saying no. Finally he offered me a different offer than the previous two and said I was lucky to be calling today because they just got a new offer to sell future bottles at $18.81 + $4.99 S&H and GET THIS...he would refund $60.00 from my first bottle price which cost $83.80 which ment I would be paying only ($23.81 x 2) $47.62 instead of $83.80 and getting twice the product. All I had to commit to was paying $23.81 x 2 which included the price of the first "free trial bottle" and the second bottle. I can cancel when I recieve the second bottle or keep buying at the reduced price but I will cancel.

I messed up by getting scammed but I found the correct number to cancel that is on the packaging slip not what they give you on the ordering site. Further more though it's another hasstle to call and try and cxl again and deel with the haggling I will CXL when I get the second bottle and it will end up being $36.00 cheaper than had I canceled after the first bottle. Sounds to good to be true but I guess they are counting on me forgetting to CXL. I cannot verify yet if they will truly refund the $60.00 as promiced off the price of the first bottle.
    I reiderated the details step by step at least 4 times and got the mans name which was David and he gave me a confimation number so I hope this works out to my advantage since the free trial scam already burned me and I hope this might help anyone who is trying to find the real CXL phone # for this product. Best of luck to ya!
    Rheanna

• Pj
    pjackson Feb 10, 2009

They did the same thing to me verbatim...I admit I was stupid! I tried calling them and I did get response but it was negative and the whole time the supposed floor supervisor Christina kept talking over me ans finally I got pissed and said that I did not want or ever recieved their product but they charged me 3.95 + 39.95...unreal! Gotta love the American way of scamming!

• Jt
    jtg Feb 21, 2009

does anyone have a charge of 4.99 for this acai... i orderd it two weeks ago and still dont have the product...WWW.NATURES-ACAI.C, RENO, NV ... is what it says on my card...please help.. [protected]@yahoo.com

judy corcoran Feb 27, 2009

I took advantage of an offer of a free sample of Acai Resolution, after the 15 days I received a bottle of 60 capsules without my consent. I do not want these and need to know how I can return them. There was absolutely no information in the shipment. Please help me return this bottle and recieve my credit information back.

• La
    lake Feb 27, 2009

Acai
    Sent without consent

Was there an address on the package? Write a letter and send it back to them that you are cancelling... make copies of it.. the only way to do that is go into the Post office and pay for the stamp sending it back to them with your letter. You have your reciept and your proof. You need to file charges with your credit card Company. File Fraudulent charges and get rid of that Credit card. Trust me, if you don't, you will see continuous unuathorized charges...

File charges with the Federal Trade Commission in whatever State you got the product

Mary Richmann Feb 27, 2009

I also had the same thing happen to me. I found a number for customer service on their website. I called and said I wanted to return the product for a refund, and was told once it leaves their warehouse, it is non-refundable. I was told that their "terms and conditions" state that by signing up for the free trial, you agree to keep getting the product unless you cancel. I cancelled (I hope) by phone, but I am stuck with this product and the charge of $87.65 on my credit card. If anyone knows of a way to get my money back, please let me know. What a rip-off!!

• Co
    Company Employee Feb 27, 2009

JTG,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number [protected]). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Acai Berry Supplement. Your satisfaction is our number one concern. We hope to hear from you soon to resolve any outstanding issues. Have a great day!

carolyn hill Mar 06, 2009

i ordered ACAI on line and was suppose to be charged shipping ONLY now I am being charged a charge for $87.13 and another for $78.84.
    I WANT THESE AMOUNTS REFUNDED TO MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY OR THERE WILL BE BIG TROUBLE...
    THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM I HAVE EVER SEEN...EMAIL ME OF CONFIRMATION AT [protected]@ROADRUNNER.COM

• Di
    dissatisfied nurse Mar 09, 2009

ordered the free sample from healthbuy.com. was charged $79.90 twice without authoriaztion. product DOES NOT work...don't try it

• Av
    avi Mar 10, 2009

I have recieved the order but I have been charged $79.96 for I dnt knw what...and along with it an amount or $88.97 by some Genix Diet.Kindly guide me, I dont knw whatr is happening and I dnt need any more surprise withdrawals.

• Sk
    Skeddy Mar 12, 2009

I ordered the Free Product and paid the $4.99 for shipping. Once I received my email conformation I looked at the details of the order. In small print it lets you know that you also signed up for 3 other fffff programs and will be charged automatically after your 30 day free trial. The programs will automatically bill your card every month for the programs.

I called them immediately and asked what is are the other programs all about. I told the rep to cancel the programs now all of them and send me just the product. I demanded an email confirmation that all programs were canceled and that I would only be charged the $4.99 for shipping of the Acai berry product, they try to talk you into using the programs for the free 30 days and if you don’t like it then cancel. Don’t take that crap, cancel now and demand it in writing.

I received email confirmation about my cancelling the programs and was not charged for the programs, just the $4.99 for the shipping of the Acai Berry product. However, they charged my account on 02/02/09 and I still have not received any product. I have called them now 3 times and they keep telling me they are in the process of sending it out. They say it has been shipped on the 02/17/09. I asked them why would it take until now and I still don’t have your ffff product. They said they will look into it ASAP.

I asked for a shipping tracking number, they could not give me one, I asked for a confirmation number on this last call; they could not give me one. hmmmmmmm. Maybe time to get a class action suite together. I have spent more time on this than the product is worth, but the facts are the facts, hundred of thousands of people are being scammed and they are using Ophra's name on the ad. Stay away from this company called Nature's Acai, and miss leading you to believe it is Nature's Way website, I don’t think they are related.

I will check back if anyone wants to get a suit going let’s make a list.

Julia Bleavins Mar 12, 2009

Yes Skeddy,
    I would go in on a class action lawsuit. They are scaming people and I just happen to be one of them. You can contact me at [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• Sk
    Skeddy Mar 12, 2009

There are so many front companies for this company it is not even funny. Thousands of different domains that own the other domains. What a raquet. Time to contact the Attorney General, Secret Service, IRS and HLS. They have to go down.

/URL removed/

• Ka
    Kathrene Mar 14, 2009

I was supposed to be charged for shipping only. I was charged $61.50 twice. I mailed the bottle back and the company never took the charges off my bill.

• Iv
    ivette Mar 17, 2009

they offer you a free sample then they charge you $79.98 to you credit card, without you knowing and when I called when I received the package the phone was always busy so I had to eat the 79.98 in my credit card.

• Ly
    lyricraziel1227 Mar 17, 2009

I work for a Credit Card Company and I have seen the greivances that these companies have caused for many of our members your best solution is to speak with your credit card company and find out what dispute rights you do have. I have worked with this company for about 6 months and i could not tell you the number of calls i have recieved with complaints about the company charging repeatedly not only for thier product but for other products as well

• Ur
    Ursula Wheeler Mar 23, 2009

Welcome to the club, I called this # [protected], I got confirmation #ers, one for a refund of 79.95, even though I was charged 2x that amount. I also got a confirmation #er for closing the account that I never opend to begin with. Now i will wait and see what happens, I supposed to get a refund within 10-12 buisness days. But I also will go to my bank today and stop them from doing anymore thievery to my account.

• Dan Postoskie Mar 24, 2009

I purchased a 'trial' bottle of ACAI pills from a promotion online. I did not receive the order (that I was to pay shipping ONLY) until 11 days later. Fortunately I read the literature sent with the product, which stated that my credit would be charged 72.00 (and change) after 15 days. I tried to call and cancel but was unable to communicate with anyone, ONLY recordings. I canceled my card that day to ensure I would not be charged. Since that time I've read about countless reports and complaints that echo mine. BEWARE.