acai pure trialcharged 41.38, was only supposed to be charged 1.99 shipping

H

I ordered a product that was supposed to be endorsed by
Oprah Winfrey, if in fact she does endorse the product she should check it out. It a scam.

The ad said try a sample of Acai Pure, free, only pay
shipping and handling on first bottle, but at once there
was a charge in the amount of 41.85 appeared on my
bank account.

I immediately called to tell them not to send anymore of
this product. Of course I don't know if it did any good,
this kind of thing causes people to not trust online
ordering.

This is false advertising.

Helen Sargent

• Di
    dianne Aug 30, 2008

You stopped me as I was just about to order this for 1.99 shipping. What a scam. I also found that the supposed "live agent" that is speaking to you gives only computer generated responses as she answered none of my questions appropriately. i think Oprah should know about this...

• Ki
    Kim Sep 02, 2008

I only ordered the "Acai Pure Trial." I only authorized the shipping and handling PERIOD! Once I received my free trial they also included HOODIBURST GUM and HOODIAWATER. Who wants to pay $10.00 for a stinkin' pack of gum and $30.00 for HOODIAWATER. This company is dishonest in their practices.

• Di
    Dianne Guillory Sep 03, 2008

I ordered a product that was supposed to be endorsed by

I was charged 44.85 and my order only for the trial item included two more items which I did not order. When I call the company, [protected], an anwer machine tells me that they will return my call. I have called them several times and get no response. I want to return the two items which I received and have my charge returned.

• Tw
    TWP Sep 03, 2008

I wish I saw your emails before I ordered Acai Pure. The order confirmation was to arrive in an email but it never did. I was to be charged $1.99 for shipping and receive a 14 day trial. In order to not get any additional supply I needed to cancel within 14 days. I checked off both boxes (they sneak in extra products as your checking out so you must be careful) and was very irritated with a “virtual” agent.

The next day I did not receive an email confirmation so I called [protected]) to find out where it was. They said it sometimes takes a while so I should give it another day.

On the third day I still did not receive an email so I called again. They said it sometimes get stuck in the “filter”. I checked the spam folder and other folders only to find nothing there. That’s when I started getting suspicious so I asked them what I was charged and they told me $44.85. I said why? They said because I checked the boxes to receive the other products but I didn’t. I unchecked them. I told them I didn’t want them but they said they were already shipped. I said I wanted to cancel any future orders and they said I can’t until I receive the order. I continued to ask them to cancel any future orders and they hung up on me. Extremely rude.

A week later I called Central Coast Nutracueticals to tell them I want to cancel the order because I returned the product. They hung up on me several times. I was left with no choice but to call my credit card company to dispute the charges.

• Th
    thomas romero Sep 09, 2008

i recieved products i did not order. i've tried to call but could not get a h0ld of anyone. i do not want to recieve any products from central coast nutraceuticals, inc. order number 1035354

• Ca
    Caroline Sep 12, 2008

Thanks so much, you guys. I almost went through the order and got suspicious. I'm glad that I saw your complaint. They should stop doing this to people.

• De
    dee Sep 13, 2008

I agree with most of you. I was charged for shipping and an additional 44.39. Customer service at this company is very un professional. They don;t return any phone calls or e-mails. Oprah should look into this copmany business practice which is horrible. I am going to spread the word as much as possible.

Pat Sutton Sep 13, 2008

I have also been scamed by this Acai Pure Free Trial. I was charged $44.95 for products I did not authorize for. It should of been $4.95 for shipping and handling. I agree that this is the worst scam on the web site. They are stealing from people to sell a product. I will be sure to tell everyone I know and send as many emails to stop others for making the same mistake. I'm sure they will still prey on others. If Grahm D Gibson is even a real person I hope that you will be forgiven.

Joan Cassell Sep 19, 2008

I, too, only ordered the trial size bottle for $1.95 and was charged $41.85 because they sent along wtih it the Hoodia gum and water that I specifically indicated I did not want. Customer service was no help--IF YOU CAN GET THROUGH TO THEM!!
    Now I am responsible for the postage to mail it back. This is a scam--do not get caught.

Pat Sep 22, 2008

OK, I am a victim of the same scam. I just received my package on Friday. I have not opened it. I have called repeatedly with no response. Has anyone had any success with a refund of this product. I am totally frustrated. The total of $44.85 was debited from my checking account (was only supposed to be $4.95!).

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK??

• D
    D. Sep 22, 2008

Has anyone resolved a complaint with Central Coast Nutra (AcaiPure) yet. I have complained to the company via e-mail and on-line with no response.

Mary Sep 24, 2008

Have also ordered trial product which never arrived, and was charged for $41.85 for other products that I did not order. Customer service said his name was Cory and when I receive products just return unopened and call for a return. Can not get through to a person in 3 days. Called my credit card company and found out that I have been charged 3 x's in one day for the same product. Do not trust this company. Maybe Oprah should do better research on this product and company.

Maria Carrion Sep 25, 2008

Yes, a scam!! I too was charged $41.85 and received the gum and Hoodia water which I did not order. I'm sending it back and hoping for a credit to my account.

Maria Verbeck Sep 25, 2008

I order the free trial at the shipping cost only. My credit card was bill for for $44.85. I called to ask why the additional charge, they said that I ordered it because "I did not unchecked boxes that they checked for my convenience." When I asked for the president of the company's name, A...n stated she could not give me that information. When I asked for her supervisor, she repeated "I can not give you that information." So, where do I go next. I will be sending back the items to the "Fulfillment Center" and be charged a "restocking fee" of %15 to the tune of about $11.00. Can you imagine the company earning $11.00 for evey order that is sent back for the items the company ordered for us. As A...n stated, this is a "legitimate business." I agree with the others, in my opinion, this is a scam and this is fraud.

Joan M Deibler Sep 25, 2008

I ordered the trial bottle of Acai Pure Trial & was to pay the $4.95 shipping. Instead, I received a pack of Hoodia Gum for $9.95 & a bottle of Hoodiawater for $29.95, neither of which I ordered.

I sure hope that my credit card is credited for the $39.90 that I never should have been charged for.

Why doesn't Oprah get on this scam???

• Br
    Brenda Henderson Sep 27, 2008

I too was charged for items that I did not order from Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. I agree to a free trial of Acai Pure for shipping and handling $1.95. This was taken from my account on 9/08/08, and I just received that items (two of which I did not order) today, 9/27/08. I will contact my bank and have this stopped as well as contact the company.

• Kr
    kristine Sep 28, 2008

I sent for a free trial for $4.95 shipping only...I was then charged $39.95 (unauthorized) on my account and never recieved what they charged me for! My bank will now be notified that this is a fraud and not to authorize any other charges!

• El
    Eleonora Fichter Sep 29, 2008

I e-mail OPRA not to avertising for the product ACAIPURE
    pick scamp.hou can she has swindler on like this.

Paula Sargent Sep 29, 2008

I ordered the acaipure and was charged 44.95 and this month another credit card debit.I try to call the corporate office in arizona and there is only a voice message.It is a scam.Don't order from this website.It is such a scam.Will probably have to cancel my credit card to get them to stop billing me.I did talk to someone who said they would stop the credit card withdrawls but never did.

• Ms
    m.schneider Sep 29, 2008

How can one get intouch with this outfit. I too was only to pay 4.95 shipping and on my bill there is a charge for 44.85 dollars. Shame on oprah for promoting this.

Annie Oct 03, 2008

YES!!! WHAT A SCAM!! WHEN WILL I LEARN MY LESSON, NOW I HAVE LEARNED TO DO SOME HOME WORK BEFORE ORDERING ON LINE, I HAVE NOW SENT A CERTIFIED LETTER, AND CNCELED MY DEBIT CARD...WHOM KNEW $1.98 WOULD BE SO HORRIBLE...

None Oct 07, 2008

ATTN: CCN RETURNS

I did not order products and I wish to have this order canceled!!
    Order#989743 and Order#1151295 also I talked to my Visa and there is another order being processed now and needs to be canceled too. These first two orders are being sent back to you and needs to be canceled off my account please!! PLEASE CANCEL THE NEXT ORDER BEING SHIPPED AND DO NOT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AGAIN!
    L. Probus

• Ro
    Rosemary Barger Oct 07, 2008

I orded the same sample of Acai Pure was only surpose to be billed for shipping, received the water and gum and a bill for 44.85 . I called my credit card they said I could disupt the charge They contacted The company and handled the problem.

• Th
    Thelma Oct 08, 2008

Have the same problem as everyone else, ordered what was supposed to be a free trial with a shipping only charge of $4.95 but was charged $44.85 on my debit card. Tried calling but cannot get throug. Got two products that I did not order as I know that I unchecked them at checkout. How can we stop this
    maybe Oprah needs to be told about this company. will not order online from any company I do not know in the future.

• Ba
    Barbara Evans Oct 08, 2008

Same problem as all others!!! I called at least 15 times -leave message-no answer. One guy, when I did get an answer was so rude!!!
    He said that he would do a refund. They still charged more than half for the first charge of 44.85. They also sent 2 products that I did not order because they said that I did not un check the proper boxes, and again, next month was another charge, with no product after canceling!!! What a scam!!! Oprah needs to know about this!!!

Susan Oct 08, 2008

i ordered the free trial and gave credit card info to pay shipping and handling. details about monthly commitment were on a completely different webpage. I tried to cancel by phone and by website, and am unable to. They will not accept cancellation, and continue to bill me monthly. I do not know what to do.

• El
    ELIZABETH ROMAN Oct 09, 2008

i ordered the free trial and gave my credit card info to pay shipping and handling. The next month they charge me $5.87. Couldnt get threw to cancel. So I reported my credit card stolen so that they could not charge it anymore. Havent been charge again. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN.

• Ju
    Judy Owen Oct 09, 2008

They have done the same thing to me. Charge me $4.95 for trial and shipped. Now have charged for an order I did not place nor receive. No one will answer the phone as they are experiencing a high volume of calls.
    Watch out, it's a scam.

• Li
    lisa Oct 10, 2008

I also had $44.95 subtracted from my checking.How can I get my money back?

• Je
    Jean Jackson Oct 11, 2008

I'm another that got cheated from this awful fraudulent company. I did not order the gum or the drops that they sent along with the "FREE SMAMPLE" When I protested it, they said I had to DESELECT them when I ordered the free sample. I complained to my Credit card company, who initially took it off, and then the company convinced them that it was a valid order. I cancelled.
    Now in the mail, comes another bottle of this stull, and they charge me another $44.90!
    How can I stop this FRAUD!!
    Credit Card companies; GET WISE !

• Ki
    Kim Oct 11, 2008

All I can say is read the small print. This company is sending a very misleading signal by offering a "free" trial. I also received Hoodia gum and water. And, yes, I was charged for them. I returned them after finally getting through to the customer service dept. I am still waiting for credit! I have since been charged the full amount for the acai pure product. I have now been charged $84.80 when I thought I was being charged $4.95.

cheryl Oct 14, 2008

sent for trial of acai pure & was sent two products I never ordered & card charged $44.85 instead of free for acai pure with s&d @$4.95--unable to get through to customer service.

• Sy
    sylvia negrete Oct 14, 2008

I ordered a free trial for $1.95 shipping only. However, I received two other products that I never ordered or ever even heard about. I was charged $41.85 for these products that I never ordered.

• Mj
    Mj Green Oct 15, 2008

I ordered a free trial and recived tso products unordered that cost $44.95. Totally outrageous.

How can I get m y money back.

• Sh
    ShaTarr Oxendine Oct 16, 2008

Yes this also happened to me...This company isn't even real, and if it is...Will they be fined, or all together pulled from the internet?

• De
    Debbie Oct 19, 2008

I too got scammed by this Company. I was supposed to pay $4.95 shipping and handling and got charged $44.85. Why are all of our prices different from each other. I do believe we should all be fully reimbursed for this so called error in the system.
    Yeah for Opra, I'm sure she never got charged a dime. = ( very upset with this whole situation.

Paula Oct 23, 2008

I wished I had read this before I fell for the same scam!!! I cancelled the order immediately after I sent it and again the next day by e-mail. I called and finally talked with a person and they told me that the order went out the following day at 7:00 A.M. and he couldn't retract it. It never arrived. I called again and they told me it was on backorder and when I told them to cancel my order, I was told he couldn't do that. He then told me it had been sent and gave me a bogus tracking number. I went through my credit card company and then 4 days later I received the product and 2 products I didn't want and weren't advertised with the free trial. The company is a scam and none of the Acai Berry products offered online are valid companies. They are there to screw us only...

Support Oct 23, 2008

Is www.gohelpnow.com a fraud???

Support Oct 23, 2008

Im able to disguise my self as "support"

• Al
    Alecia Clark Oct 27, 2008

Hi,

I called and left a voice mail cancelling my order. Your company is charging my account again for an unauthorized amount of $39.95, today. I am requesting that this amount be refunded back into my account. My bank needs your six(6) digit code to stop this transaction immediately. I tried calling [protected] and I would get a voice mail. Could not leave a message because voice mail is full.
    Please contact me immediately at [protected]@bellsouth.net or [protected].

Thank you for your cooperation.