• Kt
    kt5000 Dec 08, 2008

I too am having the same problem. I have tried to call and send email after email canceling the order, but I continue to be charged. I just filed a form with my credit card company to dispute the charges. This company is beyond bogus!!

• Du
    dumb Dec 08, 2008

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION W/O READING THE WHOLE PAGE? C'MON PEOPLE.

You are ordering the AcaiPure 14-day risk-free trial offer for $4.95 shipping and handling. Your 14-day trial begins when you receive the product. If you are not satisfied with AcaiPure for any reason just return the unused portion anytime before the end of the 14-day trial period and you will have no further obligation. If you are happy with the product do nothing and your credit card will be charged an additional $39.95 approximately 14 days after your receive your trial shipment. In addition, approximately 30 days after you order your risk-free trial and about every 30 days thereafter, we will automatically send you an additional 1 month supply. The credit card you provide today will be billed the low price of $39.95 plus $4.95 shipping & handling for a total of $44.90 when each new product ships. That's 20% off the regular price for a 1-month supply. You may cancel your membership during the trial period or any time thereafter by simply calling our Customer Care department at [protected], by emailing us at [email protected], or by using the Contact form on our website. Remember, most customers see noticeable results by using AcaiPure consistently for 3 months. If you are not fully satisfied with future shipments you may return any unopened containers of within 30 days of receipt for a full refund less the shipping and a 15% restocking fee. Please read the full Terms and Conditions for complete details of this offer. I also agree to the 30 day bonus trial Fit Factory for $29.95 each month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. For questions or to cancel Fit Factory please call our Customer Support team at [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST

Mary Ann Petrone Dec 08, 2008

I ordered Acai Pure free trial and was only suppose to pay $1.95 shipping and handling. When I opened the package I also recieved Hoodiburst Gum and Hoodia Water which I did not order. These items cost $9.95 and $29.95. Also they charged me $4.95 shipping and handling and on the bag which it was shipped in the charge for shipping it says $2.54. I tried to call this company 5 times. The first three times I was left on hold for 15 minutes waiting for a customer service representative. I then hung up. I tried back two more times, put my phone on speaker and after one hour my phone disconnected. I sent two e-mails. Did not get a response from the first one. On 12/1/08, I recieved a response saying thank you for contacting our Customer Service Dept., our representatives are diligently working to get your problem resolved. Please allow 48 - 72 hours for a response. It is now 12/08/08, one week later, and I have not heard back from them. By the way I sent the products back with no confirmation number because I couldn't get one from them. I haven't heard back yet. I did however, put a dispute in with my credit card company. So hopefully I will not have to pay this charge. Boy did I learn a lesson!

• Gy
    gypsyeyes Dec 07, 2008

If there is a class action suit, please contact me.

I have been eatting right and working out for the past year and a half following the end of an abusive marriage. I have lost 45 pounds and 5 sizes on my own. After hearing so much advertising about acai pure and Ophra endorsing it...I decided to try it. The free trial ended up being barely a week because delivery time was so long.

I didn't see any positive results, but thought if it offered the health beniftis claimed I would try one month paid.

I was charged $39.95...then two weeks later charged $44.90...I never recieved either product.

Calling customer service, each time the recording says wait time is over 70 mns..I've waited and waited, and no one.

In addition to being ripped off, I gained in 2 months 16 pounds using this product, while still eatting right and working out!!!

I've seen online where a man was sueing Ophra for her part in this fake product.

If any lawsuit comes up, I would like to be a part of it. Times are hard enough without being ripped off

• Ml
    M L Dec 06, 2008

I ordered Acai Pure, I was only to pay the shipping which was $4.95. A few days after I made the purchase on line my account was charged $44.85. I called, I was told I had a twelve minute wait I waited over a half hour no one answered the phone. Other time I called and was told that the wait was over hour. I sent an e-mail which I was suppose to get a response within 72 hours. It has been more than a week and I have not heard from them. When I received the acaipure I was charged $9.95 for some hoodiburst gum, $29.95 for some Hoodiawater all of which I did not order, then I was charged $4.95 the cost of shipping for which I ordered. the letter stated that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee on somehting that I did not order. Please beware before you order anything from this company. Product must be returned at your expense.

• Li
    Liz Dec 06, 2008

Well, dumb me should have read all the complaints regarding acai pure. I did read the fine print and saw I was going to get charged an additional amount after 15 days AND you were automatically signed up for monthly shipments. I've noticed a lot of posts on this site complaining about recurring costs but the website DOES say you are automatically signed up for monthly product shipping. I'm not defending their practices as I also suckered into buying hoodia water and gum.

My complaint- I was charged 44.95$ IMMEDIATELY (not after 15 days of receiving item), no email invoice, nothing.
    I've been sending emails to stop the service and they ask for an order number. Of course, like other folks, I didn't get an email order number or any other reference. It's like a black hole with no response. I just got charged last night on my credit card for another shipment. Hope I can get this stopped by January.

• Br
    BRENDA ROBERTS Dec 06, 2008

I ORDERED A BOTTLE OF ACUAI PURE WEIGHT LOSS PILLS & A BOTTLE OF LIQUID HOODI FOR $ 34.90, BY DISCOVER CARD. I TOOK BOTH AND THE PILL FORM DID NOTHING FOR ME BUT THE JUICE DID. IN THE MEAN TIME I FOUND SOMETHING ELSE TO TAKE. I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING ELSE FROM THEM. ONE DAY I GOT ANOTHER BOTTLE OF THE PILLS IN THE MAIL AND I SENT THEM BACK STATING THAT THEY DIDN'T WORK FOR ME & I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE THEM TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE TRANSACTION ! THEY SENT ME SOMETHING ELSE DIFFERENT ! THEN, I GOT MAD ! I STARTED READING ALL THE OTHER COMPLAINTS ON THIS WEBSITE AND I SENT THEM A LETTER STATING IN A LETTER TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT FOR BOTH TRANS-
    ACTIONS ASAP AND DON'T SEND ME ANOTHER THING IN THE MAIL WITHOUT ME CALLING TO AUTHORIZE IT OR THEY WILL HEAR FROM ATTORNEY NEXT TIME ! THE ONLY CREDIT I HAVE GOTTEN SO FAR HAS BEEN
    $ 33.95 BACK. I AM ABOUT TO SEND THEM ANOTHER LETTER ONE MORE TIME ABOUT THE LAST CREDIT THEY OWE ME WHICH IS $ 44.90 AND THE NEXT LETTER WILL BE FROM MY ATTORNEY ! I HOPE SOMEBODY IN HIGHER RANKS STOPS THESE KIND OF PEOPLE ! THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST THIS !!!

• Jm
    JMW Dec 05, 2008

BEWARE!! BEWARE!! SCAM!! I saw Oprah's Face and thought that she would NEVER be supporting a company that is dishonest! What an eye opener this has been. I ordered a SAMPLE for $1.95 and was charged $41.85. Calling the company, I called 17 times with wait times to get to a customer service representative as short as 43 min, 23 sec to as long as 58 min, 16 sec. to get an answer as to WHY they charged me this much. I was then sent HOODIA along with the order that I DID NOT ORDER. I sent an email that they did not respond to until more than 96 hr later saying that they would credit me $15.00 if I kept their order. They they charged me again another $39.95 and now again another $44.90. None of these charges authorized and NO product sent out but American Express is allowing the charges because I provided the credit card number even though I only AGREED to a $1.95. It is in disputes and will take two months to resolve with the company still being able to charge my credit card at their whim unless I close my entire account. SHAME ON OPRAH for allowing them to use her face to push their product to steal from everyone else! SHAME ON AMERICAN EXPRESS for not blocking their UNAUTHORIZED charges. I phoned yesterday and waited over 80 minutes for them to answer and then immediately hang up. I called back and waited over 66 minutes only to speak to a young guy in "customer service" who said that I ordered it and then hung up on me resolving NOTHING! BEWARE!! BEWARE!!! SCAM!! SCAM!! SCAM!! SCAM!! SCAM!! BEWARE!!!

tammy Dec 04, 2008

I just checked my credit card statement and so far I was only charged the 5.96 shipping, so after reading your remarks...even though I have not received my order, I tried calling them to cancel and could not get through..so I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they cancelled my account and are sending me a new card. I am lucky I read your comments before they zapped me the extra charges. Thanks for taking the time to let people know.

• El
    E.L. Dec 04, 2008

This company is nothing but a scam. They lure you in with a free trial of acaipure (endorsed by folks like Oprah) 4.95 S/H then immediately charge your card the day you place your order. Not only that they send you products you didn't order. those products were on the webpage and they look like advertisements, however I do believe they treat them like orders. The confirmation they send does not contain the amount you owe nor the product you ordered.

I have received the products and am returning them with letters to Fla, WA, and AZ state attorney generals office and the ATC. I am supposed to have a return number and have requested it from them via email. Ijwill probably never get it, but will mail the package anyway.

I was never able to reach them by phone (60-70 minute wait each time I called for over a week). they never answered my email of 11/15/08 which inquired about the additional charges.

I am taking steps to try to get someone to intervene with this company so that they will stop taking advantage of the consumer.

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Dec 04, 2008

Buying samples/free trials off the internet or television is the worst thing you could ever do. Companies like Wu-Yi Tea, Fit Factory, Acai Berry, Natural Cures, Online Health, etc, etc will all give you the same story "free-trial with a 14-day cancellation period" Problem is, most of the time you won't receive your "free" trial until AFTER the 14-day period has expired, which means you're automatically renewed for their monthly fee. Also these companies will sign you up for 1, 2 sometimes 3 more sites/products without telling you. Unfortunately, this information IS available on the merchant's website, usually buried in the fine print somewhere. Because of this, it is 100% legal for them to charge your account every single month under a variety of different merchant names. Charges that come associated with free trials are pricelimbo.com, web access, membership fees (usually with Wu-Yi Tea) and a variety of others. If you've paid for this with your credit card, you can dispute the transactions with your bank. The only thing is, you HAVE TO CANCEL with ALL the companies in order to be successful with your dispute. If you don't have phone numbers for the companies, your bank should be able to provide you with some. Otherwise, send emails, find a mailing address and send a registered letter, anything and everything you can think of. And keep copies of everything you do/send. Also, if these companies are still sending you any merchandise (the original company you ordered the sample from), you HAVE to send it back through registered mail so you can have a tracking number and postal receipt - otherwise, the company will simply claim they never received it, and you won't have any proof that it was sent. The worst part of these scams is what they're doing is completely legal (charging without your knowledge, charging under different company names, adding on additional services, etc, etc) so protect yourself. Bottom line: don't EVER order a "free" sample unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into canceling it. If something actually works, it'll be available in stores soon enough.

• Ca
    Cathy Smith Dec 04, 2008

I strongly agree with the posted complaints. I wish I had seem them prior to applying for the trial sample. I only checked off the trial sample and reeived the Hoodia water and gum. When I called the 800# no answer. Sent an e-mail was told since I did not return in 14 days I owed for the product. My account has been charged a total of $129.70 before I was able to contact my bank to stop any future charges. This is a total scam and I will never use or order this product again. Terrible - terrible customer service. They treat you like royalty until you purchase the product then no one wants to hear from you.

• Pr
    priscilla Dec 04, 2008

I ordered Acai Pure 2 weeks ago and recieved an email stating that my order has been shipped..but it never came so i called the number that came with the email and it was a wrong number...a number for Acai Berry and a different company so they couldn't help me with my order or cancelling it at all..i bought the product and never recieved it still...so basically i really think that they ripped me off for my money because they gave me the wrong number too..and i have no way to contact them or cancel my order. its a SCAM!!!

Sally Ericson Dec 04, 2008

Further - As I have not received any of those products I have been charged for in November, I DO NOT WISH TO DO ANY FURTHER BUSINESS WITH YOUR COMPANY. In the future I will let my personal physician help me with any health issues I have.

I will be looking for the credit of $84.85 on my next VISA bill.

Thank you.

Correction on Ref. Order number 1310278

Sally Ericson Dec 04, 2008

Ordered TRIAL AcaiPure this past October. No charge for the 1 unit of AcaiPure. However, included was 1 HOODIAwater @$29.95 and HOODIBURST gum (this item was NOT in the package and never rec'd. Total charges came to $44.85 REF. ORDER #131278.

CURRENT VISA BILL SHOW ADDITIONAL CHARGES 1 - 11/11/$39.95!!!??????

AND 2.-11/26 $44.90!!!???????? For what???? No items were ordered other than the trial. AND I HAVE NOT, REPEAT NOT REC'D ANY ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS. FROM YOU!

In reading your on-line sites, it appears many have had this same experience. I need answers and immediate credit applied to my VISA in the two charges placed in November.

Please confirm.

• Te
    Terri Dec 04, 2008

Honesty vs. Rip Off. After reading how wonderful this new product was, I too wanted to try a trail sample. (ha ha pie on my face) ACAIPURE charged my account not once, not twice but repeatedly. Each charge keeps increasing. Have I have seen any product? NO...Like others, we all have been ripped off. You would think that if Oprah has her name tied to a product that she would be Honest. I am very disappointed. No more Oprah for me. Where's my money...

• De
    denise slayton Dec 04, 2008

I have to say something should be done about this company. They keep charging my account after i called and cancel this product twice and now i know that other people went through the same thing. My money is very important and I don't have money to be scamed like they are doing to people this needs to be stopped they are just preying on unexpected people and that is unbelievable. I hope other people read this before they get in the big money scam of these people and lose 60.00 like i did.
    thanks ds

• He
    Heidi Peachey Dec 03, 2008

I too ordered the free trial offer. I called very upset about the gum and water and was eventually given a rma number. Then I was charged 39.95. Don t you think that they should have said about the additional amount at that time. They did not and now are saying it is my fault because I did not read the terms. I checked the website and the terms do not show up on the sign up box for the free trial. I had to scroll down at the bottom of the website is the terms. If they expect us to read them why are they not included in the free trial information box. I truly feel I was scammed and am going to file a complaint with the bbb and 8 on my side. I aslo plan on writing to Oprah Winfrey.

Tanya Bostic Dec 03, 2008

I ordered the acai pure for a fee of 1.99 and my checking account was charged 41.85 I think that is very disloyal.

• Je
    Jenni Dec 03, 2008

Even I ordered and I screwed up with 90 dollars. This product never works. This is a big fraud company. All of us has to take a big action on this company. We should put on paper whether Ophra agrees with this scam. and Customer service is so rude. Never answers the e-mails.

• Ab
    Abigail Dec 03, 2008

I ordered free sample products from this online advertisements called Acaipure and Colotox through this company called Central Coast Nutraceuticals. I was charged for the free trials on 11/12 without receiving my products. I called two times, to the company asking when my products were going to arrive and they repeatedly told me in a few more days so I waited. Finally I called again to cancel my membership before 14 days because that's how long I had before they would ship out the next shipment. So assuming the company they would charge me even though I hadn't received my products I called again to cancel the membership so that I wouldn't be charged, the gentleman said that because I hadn't received the product I couldn't cancel and I had to wait til it arrived and until it arrived I wouldn't be charged and the day it arrived was the 14days would start. I received one of my products on 12/1, more than 2 weeks since they charged me and on 12/2 I noticed on my bank account there were two pending transactions from the company for a total of 78.90, so I called to clarify and the gentleman I spoke to was rude and uncooperative. He repeatedly told me that I agreed to be charged for the amount and that they have no control over stopping payment once it has been shipped. I told him what I was told only two days ago about not getting charged until I received the first product and that I had 14days to cancel before they charged me, he rudely disagreed and said that when I receive the second shipment that I would just have to send it back and then I would receive a refund. I don't agree with the way they charge your account and the way you can't cancel before you receive it. I asked him what if I lie and say I did receive it and want to cancel the membership before the next product is send out and he said they can track when you received your product and you can't cancel until you received it, so if that was true they know that they shouldn't charge you until that first product has arrived before they ship out the next set.

• Ka
    katenoise Dec 02, 2008

WOW I am so glad I read this! I just ordered the free trial for the shipping charge of &1.95, but something didn't feel right so I looked it up here. After reading the first few comments, I called my bank and stopped payment on my "free trail." I can only hope that this scam gets shut down soon!

• Lu
    luckyinmemphis Dec 02, 2008

I, too, was almost scammed by this company. I had wished that I looked up this site prior to ordering the product. I must admit that Oprah's endorsement made it easier for me to do it, but I won't do it again without having researched the company prior to ordering. It a hassle to dispute the charges and await for the credit card company to do its research before reimbursing your money. I do feel that this company needs to get it act together! The customer service reps are rude. It takes over 90 minutes before you can talk to a rep about the situation. That is perplexing to me, that a reputable company would place itself in legitation way due to not doing what it promotes. My hope is that I can be reimbursed for the foolishness that the company put me through, and that no one else goes through this like I did.

• Je
    Jennifer Dec 02, 2008

Product still not arrived that was a trial for $4.95, charged twice out of my bank account, had to shut my card off and I cannot get thru to anyone!! What a scam...

Anna Munos Dec 02, 2008

I was charged 39.95 from my debit card and I did not order future shipments of this product. I need to be reimbursed for this. I am a single parent and can not afford this. PLEASE refund me my money and cancel any future orders.
    You can call me at [protected]

Janet Kipapa Dec 02, 2008

I, too, have been scammed. I agreed to pay $4.95 S&Hfor free trial offer but Acaipure charged me $44.85 and sent me nothing. Isn't there anything I can do to get my money back and stop these people from scamming again? I called several times and e-mailed too but no answer and no response.

• Ba
    Barbara Carver Dec 02, 2008

I sent off for free item and I was to pay 1.99 shipping. However I received an additional item and chared for it. Now 1 month later the - - company sent me another item and billed my credit card for 44.90. Enough is enough !! To me this is outright theft !! Someone needs to look into this matter. Think I'll call Better Business and see what they tell me and connect with my credit card to see what steps they want to do. Maybe nothing, then again who knows. I can make sure that they don't charge anymore to my acct.

• Ly
    Lynn Jones Dec 02, 2008

I, too was overcharged and I called my credit card company to dispute them! I was never able to reach them by phone or email, so I canceled my credit card to avoid further charges showing up! I will never order from these people again, and will be skeptical about these so-called trial offers!

• Su
    suri Dec 02, 2008

This is the worst thing to order, never order this. I ordered the free sample only paying $ 4.95 for shipping and now they are billing me twice a month. One time they billed me $ 39.95 and $ 49.95 next time. Not received anything and this rips off people. I'm so helpless, it's very difficult to contact them.

Jan Burkhart Dec 01, 2008

After visiting the Acai website, I did not place an order. But a few days later, I was contacted by an ambitious male salespersonwith a definite accent I finally agreed to accept the 14 day supply of (800 mg) acai berry for a s&h charge of $4.95. It has been over 16 days ago and I have not received the product.

douglas cooper sr Dec 01, 2008

can't get anyone to answer customer service phone to cancel oder waiting is 70 to 60 minuets long everytime i call.

• Te
    terry freeman Dec 01, 2008

i, too, ordered the FREE trial of acaipure and discovered that my credit card had been charged $44.85!!! it has been over two weeks and i have not received any product yet. but, i was angry that they charged that much over the price and made the numbers similar enough that if you weren't looking you might actually miss it. it was a free trial but the shipping/handling was $4.95. i tried contacting them but could never get through. i hope my credit card refuses to pay them and that they then get fined for scamming people this shamelessly.

• Ka
    Kathleen T. Holly Dec 01, 2008

I paid for shipment of a trial offer and was then charged $44.90 for another bottle of pills shipped to me. I did not order this and I do not want it. Trying to call the customer service number is nothing short of a joke. Please reimburse my account. Order Number Is: 1529201.

Please do not bill lme for any restocking fee as I feel you have already taken advantage.

Kathleen T. Holly
    11888 Longridge Ave. Apt. 3019
    Baton Rouge, LA 70816
    [protected]

dolly kidd Dec 01, 2008

I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD CO. THIS AM AND TALKED TO THE DISPUTE DEPT. AND THEY ARE WILLING TO DO A CHARGE BACK TO ACAIPURE AND HOPFULLY THAT WILL STOP ANY FURTHER CHARGES. I DID AGREE TO PAY THE FIRST CHARGE SINCE I WAS (DUMB ENOUGH) TO FALL FOR THEIR SCAM. WE MUST LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES. GOOD LUCK TO U ALL.

• Mi
    Michele Brown Dec 01, 2008

Just wanted to let you know...finally talked with customer service about the additional charges...and apparently...you have to contact them within 14 days of receiving your FREE TRIAL and let them know whether you want to cancel and send back unused portion...if you fail to do this you will be charged 39.95 for your FREE TRIAL bottle. What a ripoff. I guess the words FREE TRIAL is not really free anymore.

Tamara Waldron Dec 01, 2008

I have been charged 3 times for this product I only received one bottle. I have tryed to cancel yet I still continue to be charged.

• Vi
    vicki crown Dec 01, 2008

this company sucks. my trail period hasnt even ended and i returned the products and they still charged my debit account another 38.95 on top of the 45.85 and 44.95...DONT DO IT ITS A SCAM. WAIT TIME ON THE PHONE IS OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF...

• Ro
    Ron Stempin Dec 01, 2008

I to have been ripped off by this scam and have experienced the same difficulty in my attempt to contact the company. So far I've been able to stop payment through the credit card company. Don't know where that will take me.

dolly kidd Dec 01, 2008

yes, i agree with all of the above complaints, i am having the same problems, did not what the products they sent and now they are containing to bill my charge account and the product they have charged me for i have never recived, what can be done? I DO NOT WHAT THE PRODUCT AND I WANT ALL CHARGES REMOVED FROM MY CHARGE ACCOUNT