Acai PureOvercharge

P

I ordered a trial of the ACAI pure, for $1.99 shipping. When it showed up on my checking account it was $41.85. This, I agree, seems like a scam and I want my money back. I don't care how much I may have liked the product, I would not order it again for fear of being screwed, yet again, by this company.

• VITT Acai Advance is not a product sold by Central Coast Nutraceuticals. I advise contacting your bank to find out the information on which company is really charging your account.

• Ev
    EVELYN M HAHN Aug 12, 2016

I cancelled this program per doctor's instructions. ORDER #3732832 Per Mike Speilman, Cust Care Repr
    @ the above phone #, is was assurred that participation was cancelled.

5/5/09 my bank acct was charged $64.95 forVIT*Acai Advance; and 5/7 I was again charged $24.95 "VIT*Live Lean A.

Evelyn M. Hahn Cust/ #1158065

Please confirm and issue credit AT ONCE.

• Ba
    Barbara Warren Aug 10, 2016

Sent products not ordered and charged $41.85

maria Aug 10, 2016

I had order acainberry cleansing free trail only when someone ask me over the web if i wanted to by acai pure trial, hoodiburst gum, hoodiawater i sed no only the free trial 2 weeks later i got this paket whit a charge of $41. 85 i try to coll i have been put on holl for 65minutes i try againg 60 minutes i try againg 45 mn why are this people doing this to us

• Ms
    msgarrison Aug 10, 2016

I happened on to a webpage offering the AcaiPure Detox pills stating that all I would have to pay is the Shipping and Handling of $4.95. Also for the Colon Cleanse XR. So I requested both be sent to me. Then another page appeared saying I "qualified" for another bottle of both products FOR FREE. NOW I HAVE BEEN CHARGED $88.00 for all four bottles. I am processing a request with my attorney to receive a full refund unless the company will credit my account and charge only the $4.95 as is stated on their website.

• Cv
    c. vickers Aug 08, 2016

my complaint is: Iordered a free sample and agreed to pay a $4.95 shipping fee.(Period)
    When I received the package there was gum and
    some kind of appetite drops with it. I called and said I did NOT order anything other than the free
    sample and that my credit card was already charged for all of the products that was NOT ordered.. They said that they would put an amount back on my card and they did, but then turned around and sent me more product, deducted it from my credit card again. PURE BULLCRAP>>>>
    I again called and they answered and blamed it on the person who took the order being a rookie. I told them I was going to the UPS store and send the product back. The cost of the tracking of this product went to an address in Largo, Fl with a return number that was given to me so that it would be put back on my credit card and noe I get no answer at the [protected] phone number.
    Is this not fraud????????

BeeBee Jun 21, 2016

I ordered and received this product, but decided to cancel my order after I was sent (and charged for) several additional products. I was charged 39.95 and the next month 44.95. I returned all products in January 09, unopened, as indicated by the customer service rep. To this date I have not received a refund even after about a dozen emails. I also received 4 additional charges to my credit (29.95 each) from companies associated with this company. I didn't not request or authorize these additional charges. This company is a rip-off. Do not order this product...you will be sorry!

• Mo
    Mother of Four Jun 16, 2016

Just like the others here, I got totally screwed out of $39.95 for a product that does NOTHING!

I ordered the product and used it as directed for the two wek trial period. NOTHING happened.

I canceled my membership and was then charged 39.95. I called several times to get the charge refunded and was faced with waits of at least 90 minutes every time! I have 4 small children and no time to sit on the phone for who-knows-how-long for a person to answer! I finally reached a person and was told that the "return" period had ended. What? I was supposed to RETURN it? I was NEVER TOLD this... In fact- there was nothing in the box but my shipping address, and they make no exceptions.

I had to fight with the customer service person JUST to get him to transfer me to a supervisor. When I spoke with this so-called supervisor- She said she is "the highest" person in the customer service department- but when I asked for the last name of the first CS person- she said he is the ONLY Kile in the company. NO WONDER they can't answer the phone- they have only a handful of CS reps handling the WHOLE world's sales- or I guess I should say RETURNS!

I was really hopeful for this product to work, & I got totally scammed- DON"T DO IT!

• Ki
    Kim Philips Jun 16, 2016

I participated in the trial product by paying only shipping charges for the Acai Pure. They also sent HoodiaBurst gum and Hoodiawater, which I did not order and was charged to my card. They continued to send bottles of the Acai Pure. I have e-mailed them numerous times and tried to call with a wait time of 45+ minutes. They have a contract e-mail [email protected] and also a www.getorderhelp.com. I did finally get them to cancel any future orders, however by that time they had sent me about 5 orders total. I sent their products back and have not received but one credit of $39.00. They said that I sent it back too late!!
    I have been e-mailing and going on the get help website over and over and still get no response.
    Something should be done with this company, especially as many complaints that I see regarding this same problem. Kim

• Mh
    M. Hardy Jun 16, 2016

I ordered the free trail of Acai pure for shipping cost only of 4.95; upon receipt of the Acai pure there was included a package of Hoodiburst gum for $9.95 and a bottle of Hoodiawater for $29.95 niether of which I had ordered or authorized this seller to charge to my credit card. There is return policy within 30 days of purchase date of 15% restocking fee and shipping costs equaling $10.93 pluse what ever my cost of shipping it back will be. I am returning all these products since this seller is dishonest.

Joann Jun 16, 2016

charging credit card for unordered items
    not shipping product until you complain
    charging card monthly
    now, i'm going to try and get them to destroy my account info

Margo MacDonald Jun 16, 2016

I too was tricked into a "$4.95" charge. I am now am on hold with their customer service department. My hold will be 21 minutes it told me. It's been 30 minutes now. I have called my bank and they are changing my debit card number, so this fraudulent company will not be able to get any more money from my account. I am returning the 2nd shipment in one day. I hope I get my money back, but I'm not counting on it.

• Th
    thomasshaver Jun 16, 2016

I Marvin shaver ordere the acaipure for $1.99 but my visa card was chared $44.85 on 12/03/2008 and I have recieved nothing. Thanks !

• Fl
    flushed Jun 16, 2016

Acai Pure is a false advertiser of their product. They over-charged me $45 like everyone else who orders the free trial. If you call their customer service there is a wait time of 45 minutes. When I tried to ask the person about the overcharges they said the website was clear, which it is not. When I asked how the product works no one seems to know. They say it "detoxes" your system. I say how does it do that? No one knows, there is no information on the website. All I can say is that after three does, one pill once a night -- I've been on the toliet for a week straight. This product can cause serious problems to your intestines and colon. You may never be able to digest food again properly for a long time. BUYER BEWARE!

sarah Jun 16, 2016

I got scamed as well. However, I have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office for the state that I live in as well as Arizona (the one that the ACAI Pure is in).

PLEASE FILL OUT THIS SHORT COMPLAINT FORM !!! Its all online and really FAST AND SIMPLE. It took me 2 minutes to fill out.

THIS WILL STOP THIS COMPANY and we may even get our money back. You have nothing more to loose. If we all pack together we can get this fixed. FILE A COMPLAINT at the Arizona Attorney General's office. Here is the DIRECT LINK to do this:

Lets work together! There is more of us then there are of them. We can WIN this. FIle a complaint ASAP!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE

• Jm
    Jmss Jun 16, 2016

I ordered their trial which was to be 4.95 for shipping but on arrival paperwork said I would be billed 79.90. If I returned the product I owed returned shipping plus 15% stocking fee. I cancelled on their supposed website - gethelp.com and got a response that they received it. Now a month later they are billing me again and the credit card company says I have to honor it as it is a membership thing. What happens to when we have cancelled it following their directions. Credit card companies are keeping them in business by not withholding payment. What else as a group can we do to get the word out?

• Ke
    kenold pierre Sep 22, 2010

I still have the small bottle they sent to me from china . the worst thing about it, i did not authorized them to take money from my account

• Mh
    MH. OKLAHOMA. Aug 27, 2010

I ordered the ACAI-PURE along with the colotox online as a trial for $2.95 each. after reading the fine print i discovered that if you didn't cancel your membership within 14 days your credit card would be charged $59.95 each. I opened their website and canceled online as instructed but when i received my next months credit card statement their were two charges for $59.95. I called the toll free number listed on the statement and it was a recording stating that due to pending litigation with the federal trade commission they were not taking phone calls. I called my credit card company and disputed the charges and my card company advised me I did not have to pay them. some of these companies are a scam. READ THE FINE PRINT AND DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS. Check your statements closely.

• Ls
    LSprinke Jul 02, 2010

I got the info for this company off the Alice's diet blog telling all ths stuff how great and that the cleanse was 97 cent and the other one was 99 cent i was billed 169.00 called both these comapnies and they are saying its not them so i put a stop payment on it and canceled my credit card so anyone who comes across the Alices diet Blog beware. I will know Tuesday what company it is and I will be reporting them and filing action against these scam artist.

• Sh
    shouldofknownbetter Jun 03, 2010

I ordered just the Acai Pure for shipping and handling. Then I received email saying there might be a foreign transaction charge so I sent an email through their "GETORDERHELP" site and never got anything more than we received your inquiry and will get back to you in 48 hours. Never heard from them. Add stated a month free trial but when it arrived on the 11th (they say the 14th) day I say I only had 14 days before the credit charge. The 59 dollars plus was already charged. I tried calling but it was a holiday weekend so they are closed. i sent numerous email via the GETORDERHELP site and never got a response. I finally reached someone by phone after the 14 days and she said she cancelled it. Then I called two days later and the new person said I needed to return the unused portion (so much for a 30 day trial) for a refund. I'll see how that goes.
    DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE. It is misleading regardless of the FAQs etc.

annon1769 May 05, 2010

yes I was too. after a about few months they send me a letter from collection that I owe them money be very-very careful this is really a scam !!

• Ro
    Robert Baer Apr 13, 2010

I was taken in by this companies scam. The offer was for a 30 day free trial for $9.95 for these products, Acai Pure & Colon Cleanse. Aparently in the fine print the trial was for only 14 days 4or 5 of which were used up in the shipping. When I contacted them after trying the product for 20 days without the advertised results I was told that I owed them $133.95 for a cancelation of the auto shipment of more product. I refused to accept any additional product shipments and they did not ship them. I also offered to return the remaining product and was told that they would not accept any returned product. So it appears that they make there money on the scam rather than the product. I will file a complaint with the FTC. Do not fall for this one as I did.

• Ll
    lLaney1 Apr 06, 2010

I had the same problem. I did notice, until later, that there were not any phone numbers on my order to cancel.

Bernadette Swanson Mar 29, 2010

was offered a LOW PRICE for a trial sample and charged through the roof

• Cy
    cylproductions1 Mar 15, 2010

I did everything I could to cancel the account and I still received 2 more packages as well as 4 more charges to my account which I have not been credited for. The have over 20 emails coming from 20 different people and 20 different email addresses from the company prommissing me that the refund was on the way and this was 5 months ago. Frankly, I just have no time to deal with such incompetent scam artists and I am currently filing ann official complaint with the Better Business Bureau so they can deal with it and take this company out of the market for good. Acai Pure should be ashame of yourself completely and believe me that I have mass emailed all my friends and everyone on Facebook to avoid making purchases with this company.

• Ca
    Caitlyn L. Mar 05, 2010

Free trial?

Not even!

I NEVER agreed to 149.95 charge, and if I had KNOWN about it, I would not have agreed or agreed to a FREE trial!

I am a college student! I cannot afford this! There was NO fine print or reason to believe I would be charged some unknown price!

In FACT! I believe it said, FREE! No Hidden Fees!

Do not purchase this product! It is a MAJOR scam! Lets hope to God the bank will help me with this or I will not even be able to afford groceries for the month!

• Au
    Audry Hollinder Feb 20, 2010

This product was great I actually lose 40lbs my first month. I was charged more than I thought but I received more supply so I dont mind. If it works, then why not? All the terms are written clearly on the page when you checkout. I dont see the problem.

• Ti
    Timothy Feb 15, 2010

Here's a "roundabout" way to avoid such scams--

Acai is an excessively abundant provincial berry. It sells for $1 a bottle of freshly squeezed juice at any major Amazon city. 400, 000 lbs of acai berry are sold every day in every major Amazon city. The species (euterpe oleracea) grows in the wild and on plantations by the billions. It is a weed species - the very same one used for hearts-of-palm (you know, the cheap $2.00 cans), a product which kills the fruiting trunk.

You Americans are paying out the ### for this product, marketed by greedy advertising charlatans. They pay next to nothing to acqire their acai product (most of thir cost is -packaging-), and they artificially inflate it's value, by spinning all this washy BS about it being a "superfood" and having superior "health virtue." These unscrupulous US companies (not the native growers/harvesters) are making a killing because they make 500-1000% profit in many cases. It's abhorrent.

They are playing the ignorant public like a fiddle, and giving "health food" a bad name. You all would do better to be skeptical of anything making such claims. Make every effort to understand where things come from, and what it is. That way at least you'll have some persepctive.

Mary Bouche Feb 15, 2010

Same issues as all of the rest - ordered sample and got charged $120 with additional orders shipped without my OK and now have charges of $265 pending. I place 5 calls to Custotmer Care and even spoke with manager and got no resolve. This is a big scam and needs to be stopped.

• Km
    kmedia Feb 15, 2010

Hello,

I work for Advanced Cleanse. I'm sorry that you are unsatisfied with our product. Please feel free to contact our customer support center by email or our toll free number at [email protected]/ [protected], Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 9:00 PM EST and Saturday 9:00AM – 5:00PM EST. We suggest email for a faster response. We will be happy to answer any questions or solve any issue that you may have.

• Kc
    kchicago1111 Feb 13, 2010

Somehow I was sent a "free trial" of this product along with the Advanced Cleanse and Celebritiy Teeth whitener. I was charged $.99 for each item on my credit card for s&h, however I NEVER placed this order. I don't know how they got my information, but I've had to cancel my credit card. I called the co to investigate and they canceled future orders (that would have been charged and shipped automatically). Of course they take no blame and said I should open an official police investigation...

• Al
    al3888 Feb 10, 2010

I ordered Acai Pure and was dissatisfied with product. My credit card was charge right away before i received the produce. I called to cancel and was told I didnt have to send the remaing pills back but was later contacted by a collections agency saying that I owed 100.00. I filed a complaint with BB with no resolution. I cant speak with a manager or get the owner of the companies name. I will never order anything off line like that again

• Pa
    Patty P Jan 20, 2010

I ordered acai berry and hoodia water from Acai pure. I returned bottles unopened via USPS with delivery confirmation. The delivery was made to the company mid December 2009. The company emailed me to say my account would be credited the total amt minus 15% restocking fee. It's now near the end of January and still no refund. It's a scam. They're thieves pure and simple.

bentleybent Jan 19, 2010

yes, further I have found within 30 minutes about 7 different sites all with the the same "MO" Modus Operandi
    I was lucky (maybe ) I wrote to my credit card company and informed them of what they were up to and they said they could not help . but I wrote back and told them that they had breached their contract because in they charged me in £pounds and not in $dollars as to their terms and conditions, they had charged me more !! The credit card company agreed and took back the money sent but said that they do have 45 days to take the correct ammount, if not I will recieve it back, both scammed payments .. all being well this will be within the next 10 to 12 days . ...
    I recently got a random email from this same company advertising another free sample !!! . ummm I was curious . this time on its UK site (which had not been there before, ) had been on its USA site . ...Things have changed slightly, , , the wording is different and they point out what they are doing more clearly, so perhaps something is being done ...HOOrraaah !! but still open to people not fully understanding the terms, complicated legal jargon is worse, and strange warnings about using and linking to their website ? not sure what all has been going on but has made me very curious .. warning ... this looks like a mine field of trouble ... READ very carefully all free sample products, trials, clubs, 30 day refills etc, read all terms and conditions and look out for the warnings of "NEGATIVE OPTIONS CLAUSES " .. Personally I feel that NEGATIVE OPTION CLAUSES " should not be allowed legally in terms and conditions, as all tthey really seem to be is a lawful way to hide extra, larger, charges direct from your credit card, without you really knowing ! Beware !!

bentleybent Jan 19, 2010

Hi
    I fell for a very similar "Free sample " SCAM but for anti - aging cream ... and since then have researched a little about what is going on ... with these scams on the internet . It would seem that in the "terms and conditions ", in all the sites I found, have what is called a " NEGATIVE OPTION CLAUSE "which most people will not see, as they feel they are getting a free sample and should not have to wade through lots of terms and conditions, makes sense !... Basically it is a hidden charge, carefully placed and worded to scam more money out of unsuspecting honest individuals .. perfectly legal apparently and acountable as we have "agreed to the terms and conditions " ... Its very strange that all the different web sites I have been to and the different health products they are advertising, the ploy is always the same ?, the terms and conditions very similar with the hidden "negative Option " clause . A club, every thirty days ." Do nothing " "we will gladly charge you the full price of the sample and take it off your credit card, and !!! we will kindly charge you and send you more crap in another 30 days etc etc, " Are we not a great company ?" ummm ... Now I have noticed that during research If i put scam in with some of these products it brings me up other sites with personal stories of miracles
    and links to other product sites, USA and UK with guess what ? more product trial scams ... same wording same negative option clauses. it really is wild ...

• Du
    Dupedbyscam Jan 18, 2010

I ordered Acai Pure on the trial basis for 99 cent S&H for a thirty day supply. It was not until after I placed the order that I read the fine print and found I had only 10 days. The product was ordered on the 6 of September 2009 and according to their report arrived to me on the 14th. I had called the company to tell them I had not received the product in time for this trial period and asked for an extension. How can you have any results from a product in one day? My credit card was charged but I did not have sufficient funds so the charge was declined. I refused any further shipments yet they kept hitting my card.

Now it is the middle of January and I am just being contacted and being told that I need to pay 77 dollars for the order or my bill will be sent to a third party collection agency and I will be billed an additional $100 dollars for a product which has very little benefit. The original cost was $49.95

Five months later I am being harassed into paying over three times what the initial cost of the product was. Their ads are misleading and deceptive. You can buy acai berry products for half of what they want to get you for on a monthly basis. I received one bottle. I would pay them for that, but they insist on charging me $77 plus collection fees now. All they want is to get you on their monthly pay plan. Be aware!

• Co
    conchy Jan 15, 2010

This people ask you for a free trial you paid for the shipping and handling and then next month they send you additional orders and charge you $90.00 for the pills. I don't use it and I don't ask for more. Why do they send me additional bottles and charge me that amount without asking me? Why the Credit Cards allow this fraud happens they know what are this people doing. Why, Why, Why????

• Bo
    bow 3 Jan 14, 2010

I too was scammed. I ordered my product in September for the $1.95, I put it on a pre-paid credit card, so they wouldn't try and charge me extra. I get a call in January saying I owe them $79.95 and have been turned over to a collection agency. WHAT??? I had all these extra charges and late fees. Never once did I receive anything through e-mail or the mail saying I owed them money!!! I had no idea this was such a rip off. When I tried calling for an explanation the people on the phone were some of the rudest people I have ever talked to. They're in customer service?? What a shame that this had to happen, it was a great product, but never again will I order from Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. Please don't let this happen to you!!

• Kr
    krone Jan 07, 2010

I TRIED TALKING WITH THIS PERSON AT THIS SO CALLED COLLECTION AGENCY ABOUT A BILL I DO NOT OWE TO ACAI PURE. I CANCELED THIS PRODUCT AND SENT THE FULL BOTTLE BACK AND SPOKE WITH THE PERSON AT THE WAREHOUSE THAT SAID THEY RECEIVED IT. NOW THEY HAVE (4) FOUR MONTHS LATTER DECIDED TO TURN ME INTO COLLECTION FOR SOMETHING I RETURNED UNOPENED TO THE TUNE OF $77.95 PLUS COLLECTION OF $100.00. THATS $177.95 FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT HAVE AND RETURNED PER THEIR INSTRUCTIONS.

• Se
    SERA333 Dec 15, 2009

SCAM DON'T ORDER-----I ordered from the company a FREE TRIAL and paid the $1.99 shipping fee, after 30 days I was charged $59.99 for the product. When collections finally got a hold of me the woman on the other line (Katie Collins) was rude and unfriendly, she told me to pay my debt or it would go to a third party collection then she hung up on me (what customer service rep hangs up on someone-fire her butt!!!) After FINALLY getting a hold of a supervisor (who had nothing nice to say- Thanks for your help Erin) she explained that they have been trying to get a hold of me for three months- I'm not sure how, I never heard from them-my bill for this FREE TRIAL came to $77.49. I paid the debt and then called the company again to see if I could talk to a manager. The guy on the phone (Herbert) said he was not allowed to let me talk to a supervisor. I stated "you will not let me talk to a supervisor?" He told me NO. Not only should people not purchase this product the company needs to be barred for poor treatment and banned from selling - Poor leadership, terrible customer service and oh this great product SUCKS!!!