Acai Pure DetoxCharges

Ordered this product and recieved it over a week after it was ordered even though the website said in three days. Then the trial was for 14 days, I tried on the 10th day to contact them to cancel and they could not find my information in their system and said call back next week. I called back and they still could not find me. I went to check my bank account today and there is a charge pending for $83.95 for this product. I called the number on the transaction this time and they looked for me for 25 min before finding me by my email address in their system. I was then told that they could not refund my money that I am out the $83.95 because I did not contract them in the 15 day free trial period. It did not matter that I had tried two other times and nobody could help me. They said it is done and they can not refund my money. I suggest you don't order from this site and if you do that you make sure you cancel it before the free trial is up or you will get ripped off like I did!

marc van g. Nov 06, 2009

Exactly the same happened to me. THIS IS A BIG SCAM!!! we ordered and they called 3 times the same day; each time I told them to cancel and that I did not want to receive any more. Today I have a charge for $83.95. I called and they told me I did not cancel and they cannot refund the money. Not only is this a money scam, the product is causing severe stomach aches for my wife. I am seriously thinking about suing this company because they are 1. a fraud and 2. a danger to the public. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SCAM- THEY ARE CROOKS

Marc Van G., North carolina

• Ki
    Kimerly Nov 12, 2009

Something about this free trial was bugging me (I ordered the free tial of Acai Pure a few days ago) so I went back to the webpage and read the very small print that you have to cancel with some companies within 14 days. Then I get to this webpage and realize I've been scammed. The company is in Scottsdale, Arizona. Based on what I have read, it's impossible to get through on the phone, so thanks to you folks out there posting these comments, I will be going straight to the bank tomorrow to cancel my credit card. I have also noticed that the two afternoons I took this supplement, I feel very wound up when I get home from work. I will not take it again. I really hope they get what's coming to them for deceiving people.

Kim W-Mount Vernon, WA

satisfied_customer Nov 13, 2009

I don't understand what is so confusing. First of all, the terms are on the website and the checkout page, clearly written in plain English - not in fine print, not hard to find; the time constraints are explicitly explained. I read them and understood them. There is nothing overly complex about any of the terms. I use Acai Pure Detox - the product DOES work, it just needs to be taken for more than 14 days. The first 30 days I took Acai Pure Detox, I lost 17 pounds, but I took it twice a day, every day for 30 days. Taking it for more than 14 days means that the company thinks you're satisfied with the product, and will continue to ship you a bottle a month until you explicitly state otherwise. This is the way business on the internet is done these days so ALWAYS read the terms and conditions before you purchase something online. I really don't understand people who don't take responsibility for their actions and then whine and complain about it. I also think you should take a chance on this product – use it for more than 14 days and you will probably be as satisfied with your results as I am with mine. This is not rocket science, people.

• Ar
    Aromafest Dec 22, 2009

This is NOT the way business is done on the internet! To the Satisfied Customer.. Reputable companies send confirmation emails and a clear way to get in touch with them.. They ship on time so a person can actually try the product within said time, and they ship clear instructions on how to cancel.. I think 'Satisfied Customer' works for or perhaps has an interest in this company.. There are many reputable companies who do business on the internet and are not purposefully trying twist their TOS that only an attorney can read.. This is a scam! Simple..

• H2
    h2ho Jan 12, 2010

I only actually had this product for 5 days but they still want to rob me 83.95 cause of their 14 day billing scam. They send it out late on purpose . Special place in hell for these lowlifes

• H2
    h2ho Jan 12, 2010

AcaiPure Detox is not even Acai berry. Its mostly ginseng, green tea leaf and other forms of caffeine. You could get this crap anywhere. An energy drink is about as healthy as this garbage.

• Sp
    Splash Jan 14, 2010

I was foolish enough to buy the two extra bottles at a discount price. Then when it got here, I read the lable. each capsule is loaded with 200mg of Caffeine! Of course it's going to give you extra energy, DUH! A "Red Bull" energy drink only has 8omg of Caffeine! My wife is Caffeine sensitive anyway, so she cannot even use this product! So, I got scammed for a bunch of "Caffeine capsules" for an extra $127.00 that are not returnable! Wow, what a scam! there's no one to regulate these people and make them accountable for marketing a deceptive product. You definately cannot get your money back!

• Sp
    Splash Jan 14, 2010

Kimberly described it very well. Paraphrasing: "She took the product for two days and felt very wound up in the afternoons after work." With 4oomg of Caffeine in her system, I'm surprised she didn't have a heart attack!
    Sounds like you can go buy some "No-Doze" and do this diet for less than $15.00 a month. No, don't try that either.

• Hj
    HJP Jan 20, 2010

I fell for this scam also. They said free risk. I saw no where on the site that I had 14 days to cancel and they took out money with out my knowing this. There has to be some way to stop these crooks from robbing others!!! Better buisness bureau or the Internet Crime Complaint Center with the FBI Something needs to be Done to stop thieves.

• Go
    GotMe in SC Apr 01, 2010

This is definitely a scam. We called and cancel after the the 83.95 hit our account. We were promised a refund which never happened, afte calling several times. Then they sent us to a collection agency because they claim we receive 2 bottles instead of one. Yet no $ amount appeared on the collections letter but the total due was due now. DO NOT fall for this.

Chesca Aug 08, 2016

This company puts ads out for a $4.95 trial period, pay very close attention to the fine print. They send you a 3o day supply without any instructions on what to do with the additional. If you do not send the remainder pills on bottle, which you think it is the trial supply, back they will charge your card $88. They will do it again in 30 days but they do not disclose to you that they did. I had to cancel my credit card to prevent this from happening. I returned the next month and they say once it leaves their warehouse they do not credit your account. You are stuck with it! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!
    The product does not WORK!!