Menu
Home Diet Products Acai-pure billed credit card before i got trial offer

Acai-pure review: billed credit card before i got trial offer

Author of the complaint
7:07 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

on 9/20/08, i order the 14-day risk free trial off er in which i was given a discount and was supposed to be bill$1.95 for shipping ($3.00 discount). On (9/24/08 i'm checking my account and this company has debited my acct $41.85. There was suppose to be a 14 day free trial of the product, which i never received and then if the company didn't received notification to cancel, then proceed with the 30 day order. They took money out of my acct before i even received the free trial offer. Therefore i want them to cancel this order in which i din't order and refund my money.. I tried calling them several times, but they claim such a high call voulume to call back. [protected]) This is afraudulent act and the Attorney General should get involved and stop these types of companys from this kind of activity...

More Acai-pure complaints & reviews

Acai-pure - I did not receive the product
32 comments
K
Oct 15, 2008 5:38 pm EDT

I requested a trial offer of the Acai-pure diet pills. I thought I would only have to pay shipping, but I was charged an additional $44.90. I e-mailed the company and was told there was a two week window in which to return the unfinished product and be charged only the shipping. There is no such disclaimer on the website - I looked it over thoroughly. In that same e-mail, I asked them to cancel my subscription. I just received another bottle and was charged again. I sent the product back "Return to Sender" and mailed them again to cancel. I have tried to call and can't get past the overwhelming call volume they supposedly have. I just want my money back and for them to stop any future transactions. Please help me.

Sep 23, 2008 1:45 am EDT

My wife ordered Acaipure after receiving an email that said risk free, $4.95 trial offer. I went to their web site, www.acai-pure.com and their fine print said they would bill $39.95 14 days after receiving the product. We were billed $44.85 immediately, not in 14 days. The web site also said "I agreed to be sent refills monthly for $44.95, plus I agree to two other products to be shipped monthly", for a total of $89.95 per month. I sent an email telling them to cancel our membership immediately, but I never heard back from them. When we received the "trial offer", I marked it "Refused, return to sender" and gave it back to the post man. I never heard back from them and the charge is still on my card. My wife called their number and they put her on endless hold without ever answering. I had to cancel my credit card to "get out of their forced membership". I even went to Oprah's web site, since her picture is on the Acaipure web site saying she endorses it, and I sent her an email asking if she was aware she was endorsing a company that scams people, and explained what they did. Guess what? I never heard from Oprah or her managers who claim to read her emails. I guess Oprah is too busy counting her money to care about common folk, nevertheless I will never respect, watch, or take advice from her worthless show.

Jun 22, 2009 3:32 pm EDT

ACAI-PURE IS AN UNETHICAL, AND PREDATORY COMPANY - STAY AWAY FROM IT
This company offered a "no cost, no risk" trial of an acai berry product. Nowhere in its advertising did it mention HOODIA products. Upon placing the order for a free trial of acai, I realized that I had bee charged $44. Turns out, I had not "unselected" boxes for HOODIA PRODUCTS. On investigation, I noticed that these boxes had been buried far beneath the screen, far below and out of sight of the "Submit" button.
Although I immediately called the customer service number to cancel, I was unable to reach any human. Instead, a recording referred me to another number that did not work.
I tried calling "North Coast Pharmaceuticals" the notional maker of the charge which did not seem to exist.
Today (22 June) I received email from a person named Kevin threatening third party collection.
It provided several links: to Acai-Pure, to "Terms and Conditions", and to GETORDERHELP.COM.
ACAI PURE is still advertising "Risk Free Trial Offer", although I notice it is no longer slipping in charge for HOODIA products, but entails a commitment for $59.95 per month for a membership, unless specific notice is given to cancel.
Terms and conditions currently state:
Negative Option Clause:
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CONSUMER TRANSACTION INVOLVES A NEGATIVE OPTION, AND THAT I MAY BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF FUTURE GOODS AND SERVICES UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR $59.95 PER MONTH IF I FAIL TO NOTIFY THE SUPPLIER NOT TO SUPPLY THE GOODS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED.
The problem is that the terms and conditions which Kevin insists I subscribed to are not any that I agreed to. They refer to an entirely different "risk free trial offer".
Now, Kevin tells me my $40 bill will be sold and I will become instantly responsible for an additional $100 charge and a bad credit referral.
THIS IS A VERY BAD COMPANY.

May 15, 2009 11:12 pm EDT

Well everyone. I feel so stupid. I got nailed too. Here is an easy and inconvenient way to fix this problem. Cancel your debit/credit card number and ask your bank for a new number. It doesn't close your account, but saves your piece of mind and gives the finger to the the deceitful $%#&@$*&'s. You have to wait 7-10 business days for a new card in the mail. It's worth it. Take that jerks!

T
Feb 26, 2009 8:35 pm EST

Got me too...They are committing fraud and should be shutdown.Same scenario..order on bottle of pills pay only shipping and handling..next thing you know, you've been charged upwards to $90.00 without your consent. I recommend all of us file a class action lawsuit against the con-artist thieves. That will teach em a lesson!

D
Dec 30, 2008 8:29 pm EST

Another of the many to fall for this SCAM. I have contacted the Attorney General of Arizona as well as my home state and sent the same info to the Better Business Bureau. I suggest everyone do the same. Good luck everyone and don't give up. Companies like this should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!.. They are criminals!

T
Dec 26, 2008 9:00 am EST

I ordered the "Free Trial" from Acai-Pure. I was to be charged $4.95 for shipping. I received Hoodia Water and some gum and was charged $41.85. I did not order it, but was told that I did. I have since had 3 more charged put on my credit card, another shipment of the worthless product, and I am still trying to get my money back. Somebody shut this fraudulent company down! There tactics are criminal.

D
Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm EST

I ordered a 14 day trail of acai-pure and sent it back after 7 days and they still charge my account 2 times for a total of $81.84. It has been over a month now and they have yet refunded my money. e-mail or phone calls don't help, if you can get thru to them!

Oct 14, 2008 3:05 pm EDT

I ordered a trial of the acai-pure product and now I am being billed 44.90 monthly and not receiving any product! I have phoned the customer service and the phone is not answered.

Oct 09, 2008 11:02 am EDT

Order Trial to be billed for handling/postage only.
Over-Charged $41.85 on Discover Credit Card. Never received product.

H
Sep 30, 2008 12:15 pm EDT

Advertisment stated free trial, pay shipping
only. Credit Card statement shows extra $40.00
added to the cost. I have contacted Credit Card Co.
and ask for charges to be removed. I have tried
on numerous occasions to contact Acai-Pure to
cancel and they will not answer phone, therefore
is shippment does arrive I shall return as refused.

Sep 16, 2008 7:46 am EDT

I ORDERED A FREE TRIAL OF THIS PRODUCT FOR SHIPPING
ONLY FOR $4.95! WHEN MY STATEMENT CAME IN AT THE
BANK IT SHOWED THE ABOVE COMPANY CHARGING MY
CREDIT CARD $44.85!WHAT A RIP OFF! I HAVE CONTACTED MY BANK TO THIS KIND OF FALSE ADVERTIZING FROM THIS COMPANY!
THANK YOU C.S.

B
Nov 12, 2008 12:18 pm EST

These scam artists charged my card $44.85 ! I was only suppose to be charged $4.95 for shipping and handling of something that I have never received. I have tried to call them and the wait time is usually more than 50 minutes. I have also sent e-mails to customer support with no replies. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE SCAMMERS, they will take your money and send you nothing!
If you already have been scammed, callyourbank, they can help you undo the charge and then send them an e-mail on customer support page and tell them not to send anything and not to ever charge your card again.

Dec 22, 2008 3:48 pm EST

ordered trial got it then got billed two more times in december but never received anything. got billed 39.95 n 44.00

Jan 05, 2010 7:56 am EST

I just recevied my second package of Acai Pure at the cost of $64.90, I was not told I was doing a monthly
membership. I was told I was only reciving trial offer. This company is a scam.

W
Oct 16, 2009 1:59 pm EDT

This company has fraudulent practices, I specifically did what it takes to cancel any additional orders after the free trail before receiving a surprise package today of Acai Pure. There customer service "lead representative" was extremely rude, loud, and unprofessional. She insisted that I had a membership, I'm an unemployed student who already new that I did not want automatic charges on my debit card. I was charged $64.90 USD funds. It is very suspicious when it takes a longer time to cancel and receive a refund then it does to have an unauthorized charge on your account. Now I must cancel this card to assure no future orders. I have learned a big lesson, check the Better Business Bureau or Internet for complaints before accepting cheap trail offers, because your account may be billed without permission. Even if the product works, because of their business practices, and the customer service representative's rude attitude I would not become a repeat customer!

Stinky business ;-( practices.

October 16, 2009

R
Sep 10, 2009 12:14 pm EDT

to whom it may concern, i want to cancel any future orders of colonpure it dont work .please dont bill me for anymore my name is rhonda wells address, 5702mayberry lane, park hills.mo 63601.thank you

Jun 30, 2009 3:25 pm EDT

I, too have received several harassing emails from KEVIN threatening to send me to collections. What did you do? I don't know whether this is another part of their scam, or if it is legitimate...

Jun 24, 2009 10:36 pm EDT

know what your getting into, especially when it comes to your credit card information.

Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm EDT

Its called TERMS AND CONDITIONS! IF your Gonna enter your credit card info online, wouldn't you be smart enough to AT LEAST read all the info that is provided for you? i mean DURRRRRRR!

P
Jun 05, 2009 1:34 pm EDT

I totally agree. I fell for the same thing, luckily there is not enough credit available on my card. I now have an rma # to return these products. Also, you must keep all the packing slips from each in order to return them. I will not fall for this again!

May 29, 2009 1:23 pm EDT

YES, this is a scam operation.
I too have got nailed by this scam company. Tried to cancel their product and they charged me again
for another shipment. Go ahead and notify your bank to change your card numbers and file a dispute
claim about this product.

Sherlocko Holmes

Mar 28, 2009 7:54 pm EDT

found out acai is not affective if its in a pill form was charged and never received product !
found it in a glass bottle (nurition can be leached through plastic containers) from a company called mona vie i received the product and this company is legitimate!

B
Dec 04, 2008 7:06 am EST

I live in the UK and ordered the free trial - this bogus company ran two transactions, totallying $75.05! Scammer!

Nov 23, 2008 9:34 am EST

Me to. this company is a rip off. We should all file a class action complaint with consumer fraud hotline.
what I want to know is how are they are still getting away with this scam on the web. When I saw how much they charged my card I called to cancel was on hold for 62 minutes, but I was determine to speak with some one who was rude as hell and if I could have jump through the phone, well you know. I am not going to stand for this, I will have my Lawyer on thier ### as soon as possible. So don't be surprised when he contacts you all. This company is going down... the m f ers I can be contacted at [protected]

J
Nov 21, 2008 9:20 am EST

This place ripped me off also. I was to be charged $4.99 Shipping and they charged me $44.85 I sent it back the day I recieved it because I saw how much they had charged me and then a couple of weeks later I called my charge card to see if they had refunded my money and they had charged me $39.99 more. I filled a complaint with my charge card and they are investigating them. I am also getting ready to file a complaint with the BBB. What a bunch of crooks. I called them and the same thing as everyone else I was on hold 75 minutes !

Nov 15, 2008 2:54 pm EST

I too ordered the AcaiBerry trail in Oct. I never received it and wasn't sure if the order went through so I again ordered in Nov. at the $1.95 trail offer. First I received the order from Oct. I called their customer service to tell them not to send anymore. I was supposedly able to do this within 14 days. Their answer was I ordered in Oct. Now, since it was a month later they were sending me another order for $89.00!
They were very rude. I told them I would not accept it and would send it back and expect them to take this off my charge.
Today I received the second one I ordered for the 1.95 and they charged me $41.85 which included Hoodiburst Gum at $9.95 and hoodiawater for $29.95 which I did not order.
I have now written two emails besides the phone call. I also tried to email their www.centralcoastnutra.net address and no matches were found.
This is truly a scam!

Nov 13, 2008 10:55 am EST

these people charged me twice 44.85 when i only wanted to order the free trial one time..now their phone number is disconnected and i would like to know if any refunds are being made to anybody out there who has gotten scammed by these people. Has anybody been able to contact them?

Nov 06, 2008 7:11 pm EST

I ordered the free trial offer and paid only the shipping of $4.95 as they stated, I found my credit card was charged $44.95 the next day, I called and a computer recording said due to the volume of calls the wait time is 57 min. Beware of this company, they are scamming people every time.

N
Oct 02, 2008 4:14 pm EDT

This is a scam. The same charges were applied to my account (41.95) and the amount of $1.95 was all that was supposed to be bille. No product ever received.

R
Sep 27, 2008 12:18 am EDT

its junk does not work it caused health problems

Sep 16, 2008 12:21 pm EDT

The same thing happened to me. Im going to ontat the bank.