Acai OptimumScam Deceptive Terms and Conditions

ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM ACAI OPTIMIM!!!

You will be lucky to have found this page, since they have created countless fake Acai Optimum reviews / warning scam web pages...funny how the Acai Optimum scam pages still direct you to purchase their product via hyperlink! :-|

So, I saw the advertisement for Acai Optimum on Facebook. They stated you could have a free trial and only pay shipping and handling. I filled out the order form to have the free trial bottle of Acai Optimum sent out. Sorry, I am repeatedly using the keyword Acai Optimum to help the spiders sent out by search engines to help this reach a more desirable position.

Upon reading their tems and conditions I realized that Acai Optimum was a total scam. You have to cancel within 14 days or you become enrolled in a recurring $79.98 monthly charge. That raised an immediate red flag for me. So, I went online to cancel my order. HERE'S WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU...I was enrolled into an Acai Optimum Plan AND some sort of product subscription that IS NOT stated in their terms and conditions. When I accessed my account on Acai Optimum, I canceled what I thought was my order. NO! I received a confirmation email saying my subscription was canceled for the Acai Optimum plan and I would no longer be charged for the Acai Optimum plan. Done right? HELL NO! Yesterday, I was charged $79.98 from Acai Optimum within 3 weeks of signing up for the "Trial Offer."

I called explained my case (after waiting over 20 minutes on hold) and was told when you sign up for their product you are enrolled into TWO plans??? This was not stated anywhere in the terms and conditons. He said I also needed to cancel the product and send it back within 30 days. I explained that I thought I canceled the Acai Optimum order and could still send it back within the 30 period. NO! He said both memberships needed to be canceled from Acai Optimum within 14 days. Total B.S. I went to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau only to find that Acai Optimum is based out of Antigua.

I should have known better than to try and receive a free trial, but am just sickened that these deceitful rat ### are allowed to conduct business. I wish Acai Optimum all the impending misfortune that they have coming to them. A claim has been filed on behalf of my credit card company. I don't expect the charges to be refunded, but strongly urge anyone scammed by Acai Optimum to do the same.

• Pe
    pericles Mar 23, 2010

WARNING!!! This is the pro scam of XXI. century ! The advertisement is professionally built. Congratulation!
    But there is NO information true on it ! This makes me to avoid buying products from internet.
    I'am sure this kind of fraud is increasing dramatically in the next future. Authorities and fair internet selling companies should do something ASAP, because it can destroy the whole industry...

• Ac
    Acai Optimum Team Apr 14, 2010

I'm sorry but I don't understand why you think the Acai Optimum Weight Loss Plan is a scam, as you haven't provided any details in your complaint. The site is legitimate, sends out orders in a timely manner, clearly states all the terms of the offer on the order page and provides links and phone numbers for customer care.

• Ac
    Acai Optimum Team Apr 14, 2010

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the terms of offer, but it does clearly state on the order page that you are ordering the Acai Optimum supplement and getting bonus access to the online weight loss plan. Once the order is processed you will have received two emails and both have links to their respective customer care sites where you can easily cancel each online if you choose. There is no scam or deception here. However, if you want a refund we will be happy to refund your trial order. You can send an email, along with a link to this page to [protected]@acaioptimum.com or phone customer care and they will get it sorted out for you.

• Sc
    scj88 Apr 16, 2010

The same thing happened to me. I have read the terms and conditions on the Acai Optimum website thoroughly and it says nothing about there being two things needing cancellation. I was charged the $79.98 and then when i called to cancel, two women with this AcaiOptimum HUNG UP on me! this company is terrible. I complained with the FTC and BBB. These people are thieves and if you try and call them they will either hang up on you or refuse to give your money back, money that you didnt authorize them to take in the first place.

stupid123 Apr 20, 2010

This company is a scam.
    They charged me 169.95 for a membership i do not want.
    When I called them they said they cannot credit me back my money.
    DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT!!!

• Nc
    Nckat Apr 26, 2010

Do not go for the trial of Acai Optimum. They wait til right before your trial period is up and then charge you 79.98 for the bottle you received. Try to talk to them and tell them you cancelled your order, but they refuse to refund your money. They get you every time.

• Dj
    djay310 Apr 29, 2010

Dear Acai Optimum Team-
    um... lies! I have disputed the charge because you did lie and I have talked to your "customer service dept" mulitple times to no avail. So yes, I have disputed the charge, and yes I did report you to the BBB under your actual business name which is Sterling Management Solutions, and yes I did call the ftc with all the cancellation confirmation numbers and emails. Hopefully more sites like this prove how fradulent you are and sales DROP significantly!

And to anyone reading this please go to the BBB and look at this company's actual name which is Sterling Management Solutions, LLC located at 2711 Centerville Rd. Ste 400, Wilmington DE 19808... you will see it has an "F" rating due to their fraudulent activity.

• Bs
    bsds May 04, 2010

hmmmmmmmmm...

sarajane May 13, 2010

Oh my gosh. I am a poor college student trying to lose some extra water weight. I am a fit person who exercises daily, but wanted to try and lose a few unwanted pounds. I do not like to take supplements but the Acai Optimum seemed safe. I researched for natural cleanses and thought WOW I really lucked up, FREE TRIAL! I put my contact information in and thought, hmm this sounds to good to be true. I know I will probably have to cancel something to prevent being continually charged but that can't be so bad, this stuff sounds GREAT! Thank goodness I found this site. Thank you all so much for posting, I would have been hit with so many over draft fees it is ridiculous. Thank ya'll so much! I have heard that The Master Cleanse works well, and I do not believe to have to buy anything. So no room for scams. My brother it VERY holistic and recommended to me, I am going to check it out.

Thanks and good luck to all of your cc issues and with those jerks at Sterling Management Solutions, LLC located at 2711 Centerville Rd. Ste 400, Wilmington DE 19808. Probably worst company every. Sad people result to fraud because they realize they are not good enough human beings to actually be honest. ANd the product more than SUCKS if they have to scam people into purchasing it. Lol

Sara Jane : )

• Tb
    tbird81 May 25, 2010

There is nothing stating anything about two memberships that need to be cancelled when you sign up for the free trial. After I cancelled my order I received an email stating "No further action is necessary! You will receive NO additional charges or shipments!". Once I received this email I assumed that I would not have to worry about additional charges. When I looked at my bank account today, I had a charge for $98 hitting my account from these scam artists. I spoke to a customer service representative on the phone who was rude and obnoxious when I said that I should not have to pay this charge. I have spoken to my bank and filed an official dispute for this charge. I hope that someone shuts this scam artist company down.

• Ef
    Effing Stupid People May 25, 2010

You complainers are pathetic. Stop buying [censor] you can't afford. If 79 dollars overdrafts your bank account, why the hell are you putting your credit card info into an online order form from a company you've never heard of??? Take some personal responsibility for your decisions and move on. A trial is a trial, and trials end. When a trial ends, you pay for what you were trying... That's how it works! It DOES mention the trial and that you will be billed at the end of the trial, AND mentions the trial membership to the online plan thingy... You all are just too effing stupid to take responsibility for your own [censor]edness. Nothing is free. Period. These companies will continue to flourish as long as Americans blindly open their wallets to buy [censor] they can't afford to help reduce the ever increasing size of their fat [censor].

• Am
    Ams28 May 28, 2010

. SATISFACTION GUARANTEE (Within the 14 Day Trial Period)

If you are unsatisfied with AcaiOptimum for any reason, simply cancel your order by contacting our Customer Care department at [protected] or please visit us online at www.acoptimumcs.com before your 14 Day Trial Period expires. Upon contacting Company and cancelling your order, you will be provided with a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) number. After canceling your order, you will have 30 days to return the unused portion of the Product, or if it is empty, just return the empty bottle to our Company. You must write the RMA number on the return packaging in order to avoid being billed for the Product. If you follow the procedures outlined in this paragraph, you will not be charged for the Product you received during the 14 Day Trial Period.

Im not sayin yall are full of bs but i coppied this off their site and i just cancled today. I havent been charged any further. But I guess We will see!

• To
    Tom Sv Jun 02, 2010

The author of this scam report is 100% correct - I had the exact same experience. If its ot a scam, well then at the very least it is extremely deceptive and unethical ! I was wondering why my account was close to 400.00 short. Then I saw - two charges for 78.98 for NOT cancelling the initial 4.95 + 4.95 for the colon cleanse and whatever the hell the other product is. Then, I see 98.00 twice, for an automatic delivery for the same products again (which I recieved no matter that I did not explicitly order them) . I called, livid - and got the exact same rasp about 2 accounts, cancellations, etc. SCAM. Period.

• Av
    averymay Jun 02, 2010

Amazing. I did not even receive the product withing the 14 DAYS! I called to cancel, they told me they would refund, but no refund. One month later, no refund and 2 charges. I called to make sure they would refund me, and I was informed that there would be no refund. I had cancelled my subscription and nothing was mentioned of the 2nd subscription. Spent 30 minutes listening to why there was no refund and no 2nd bottle that I paid for. Scam artist. STAY AWAY!!!

• Ti
    Tim V. Jun 06, 2010

The exact same thing happened to me. This is NOT a random issue, but a systematic scam. And contrary to the company damage control comments, there is no such clear and specific warning about cancelling the trial order. You get automatically enrolled in a default continuation of the program, and I take exception to the statement about two emails advising you to elect or change your "order preferences". I didn't get anything of this nature. I'm taking my complaint to the next level, the FBI's Internet Crime Commission (ICC), to get this on the record there as well as the usual BBB and other boards.

• Mr
    MR. JAMES Jun 07, 2010

errr... You guys should've read EVERYTHING before you give your CC info and click anything on the computer. just cancelled my account on their company today... guess what? i had too keep this product for just $9.95. just be cautious and always be aware always you guys. this is not actually a scam, cause scam is someone you were charge for nothing. but this is a subscription. so, what you pay, you get. the better thing is, i lost 7 lbs already. just put an eye on the webpages

l57e Jun 08, 2010

The product is worthless. "IF" it has the herbs, etc. that it claims then I guess it was o.k. for my system BUT, you are not going to lose weight. Try to get it cancelled GOOD LUCK!
    Try to cancel~HA! I still received a 2 mo. supply and was told I could not ship it back. That it was cancelled.
    When you call them they will then offer it to you at $9.95 to stay on. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE! We go from $79.95 for a two month supply to $9.95 a month.
    I will take this up with the credit card company as did the other person on this blog!
    DON'T DO IT! GO TO A REPUTIBLE HEALTH FOOD STORE IN YOUR AREA AND GET SOUND ADVICE THEN WORK WITH THEM!!!

l57e Jun 08, 2010

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN SCAMMED READ THIS!!!
    Like many others I had called the customer service dept. when I rec'd. a 2 mo. supply after cancelling during the trial period. I got the run around that they didn't have record of cancellation. . .
    When I tried to get an address to send back the 2 mo. supply just rec'd. like everyone else I was told I couldn't do this (huh). As stated by others, I rec'd. no invoice in the box etc.
    I was ready to do the FBI scam line when I decided to check things out further. They are actually: Calais Naturals LLC which is managed by a company called Sterling Management. They have rec'd enough BBB complaints that they have agreed to comply with persons who have had a bad experience LISTEN UP. DID YOU HEAR ME, LISTEN UP!!!
    I followed the info on the BBB and called the # below. At first, the person I spoke with tried the same ole lines as the "customer care" dept. and asked how I got there # and where I came up with the info. (at that time I had clicked off the BBB info). As I was getting back up she hung up on me. . . HUH!
    When I called back another person answered and I went through the scenerio again with the result of ALL CHARGES REMOVED (and there are more than I even imagined)!!! This is not just 79.98! There was a $98.00 (what!!!), and a $49.00 (huh)!!! I was given 4 different cancellation #'s. So be diligent and you may get lucky!!!
    Here you go (this is pasted directly from the BBB):
    Sterling Management Solutions has advised BBB that it will issue a full refund to any customer that is not satisfied with their product or service. Consumers should call [protected] to obtain a refund

l57e Jun 08, 2010

ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED (like myself) This will give you the ability to GET ALL, YES ALL charges removed! It took some diligence but when I read the agreement they had with the BBB it was done pronto!!!
    DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Chuck Turner Jun 10, 2010

Acai Optimum scam ?

They own all these website also:

aclipocs.com
    joliesetan.com
    joliesetancs.com
    paraslimcs.com
    paraslimplan.com

Owner is: http://www.nutritioncraze.com/company.html Vitacraze.com nutritioncraze.com

Nutrition Craze Group Antigua

Chuck Turner Jun 10, 2010

Complaints can be filed online at: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

• Te
    telduh Jun 18, 2010

I had the same problems noted in other posts. Charged my account $79.98 x 2, called to cancel, they ignored it and claimed I'd hung up on the CS rep without cancelling, which is the exact opposite of what transpired. They sent more bogus product and charged me $98 and $60 more. Called back, hung up on 4 more times by them and told that the product was non-returnable.
    I filed a complaint with the BBB phoenix and received this response 2 days later:

Dear Consumer,

Our client is dedicated and committed to providing the highest quality of customer service and support. In an effort to assist you with your refund request, we have set up a special toll free number you can call 7 days a week from 9 am to 6 pm EST [protected]). When you place your call, please have your original order information available to ensure our customer service specialists can help you quickly and the credit card number you used for your original order. This will allow our customer service specialists to ensure the proper account is credited.

We sincerely hope your matter is resolved quickly and apologize for any inconvenience.

Should you have any further questions, please respond back to us via the Better Business Bureau.

Very truly yours,

MORRISON SKUPIN, PLLC

/s/ R. Michael Skupin
    Attorney at Law

Called the number and was promised a prompt refund of all 4 charges that should post to the account within 2-3 days. We shall see.

• Nb
    NBrant Jun 22, 2010

The same thing happen to me as well!

I just got off the telephone with these scammers and they refused to give me my money back. I spoke with a supervisor name Tyler Ross and he relentlessly kept repeating the same scam about cancelling the plan opposed to the pills. He offered me a dinner gift certificate instead of refunding my money. I Google "Acai Optimum" to find out more information and came across this website.

Thank God! I dial the customer service number below and got results immediately and will have my refund in three to five business days.

7 days a week from 9 am to 6 pm EST [protected])

• Da
    Dante017 Jun 25, 2010

This [censor] happened to me yesterday.
    I had canceled my account with them 2 1/2 months ago, and had done so within the 14 day trial.
    after it had asked me to deliver the products back to their given address with the rma code.

As i did so, within the 30 day limit.
    After 2 months there was no activity on my account, so I assumed everything was fine and taken care of.

well yesterday, they made several transactions onto my account for 70 bucks each, which had me overdraft on my account.

When i called they, said they never recieved any return package from me.
    I had the confirmation codes and everything with me, and they still try to play [censored]es.

Well, i sure as hell scared the [censor] out of them.
    I asked to speak with the supervisor, named Jay.
    After having him verify all of the address and conf. codes, he at first was not willing to cooperate...

So, I had no choice but to tell him..
    "I hate to do this to you and your company, but I am a legal assistant, and have just spoken with my lawyer, and if you choose not to cooperate with me, and refund my money, then that leaves me no choice but to take legal action, and you will be issued a letter from the law offices of (blah, blah, blah). Now note that if you do choose to just cooperate and understand that everything I have said had such credibility, then this will help save you time, money, reputation, and most importantly prevent from you having a huge lawsuit in your hands, are we clear?"

He didnt even hesitate to refund my money, why?
    because their [censor]ing frauds!!!

• Si
    signmasters24 Jun 28, 2010

Had the same thing with:
    Sterling Management Solutions, LLC.
    Acai Optimum
    Business Address: 7102 W. Roosevelt Street, #100
    Phoenix, AZ 85043
    Original Business Start Date: 4/22/2009
    Local Business Start Date: 4/22/2009
    Type of Entity: Limited Liability Company (LLC)
    Incorporated: 2009 in DE
    Principal: Mike Skupin
    Phone Number: [protected]
    [protected]
    BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business
    Type of Business: VITAMINS & FOOD SUPPLEMENTS
    Website Address:
    Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of NR Reason for this NR rating include:
    This business is not currently rated. BBB has recently received numerous complaints against this business.
    In Michigan I filed with Consumer Protection Division
    P.O. Box [protected]
    Lansing, MI 48909

I think they are all the same scammers (A person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud)!!!
    GOOD LUCK!!!

• Cw
    CWheels Jul 28, 2010

I also had the same massive BS happen to me, canceled immediately after I ordered, but got charged anyway. Called the 1877.823.1667 number (after having called two other times to try and get reimbursed) and they said I would get a full refund in 7-10 business days, but wouldn't give me a confirmation number, so I guess I just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best?...
    This company is the worst, completely unethical.
    I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau & the FBI. I hope they get shut down. Absolute scammers!

• De
    deidre stoll Jul 28, 2010

this so called company needs to be shut down, they are nothing but scam artists. you cant even get in touch with them. they totally hid the faact that you would be charged all of this extra money, in total we were charged over 600.00 for something we did not order, and had no intention on using. i think everyone who has this happen to them should take legal action.

• Lo
    LonghornMom Aug 01, 2010

I stumbled across a website with an advertisement similar to the one shown here:
    I paid the shipping and handling with my debit card for two separate products on April 15, 2010, and never received any product. When I called customer service to inquire about delivery and to "cancel" so as to avoid outrageous (nearly $80) additional charges as the fine print said, I was informed that my order had been cancelled by the company because the items were sold out or that the offer was no longer available (online customer service records indicated order was placed April 15 and cancelled April 19). The customer service rep (CSR) informed me that my money had been returned (my bank records indicated that it had).I specifically asked, "so no further charges will be made against my account?" She replied "no". Now here it is the end of July and I see two charges on my back statement totaling $2.52 each:
    07/30/2010 Debit Card Transaction NTR*acoptimumcs.com 8664 07/29NTR*acopt $2.52
    07/30/2010 Debit Card Transaction NTR*acoptimumcs.com 8664 07/29NTR*acopt $2.52

Now, if I had $100, 000 in my bank account, I’m sure I would not notice $5.04 being stolen from my account. Now that I’ve seen it and am reading about others who have experienced similar situations with this company, I see that on this website and others, this scam has been public for quite some time:

And this website documents numerous complaints, and claims to have contacted or will contact the BBB have been made:

Yet what I am wondering is why this scam continues? Shame on our government for allowing this to continue! What kind of legal recourse is there? I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The above website has a link to file a report of your own if you have been scammed and ripped off. I guess Monday I will be going to the bank to close my checking account so that additional charges won't occur in the future.

• Do
    dog186 Aug 04, 2010

3.8.2010
    I applied online for this product acai optuimum after reading about 4 different recommendations including an ad from one of the largest newspapers in Australia The Syndey Monring Herald.
    The promotion quite clearly said a trial offer with payment only .99c. Fortunatley I saved the pages but never received any confirmation email.
    Four weeks later on checking my credit card I found an amount of A$113.78 on my account for this product for which I had so far not received? I lodged a complaint immediately with my bank who are now investigating it but was told by one of the staff at the branch that there is nothing they can do as these companies will not refund.
    I called the Australian telephone number indicating a Melbourne location and found myself speaking to an asian sounding lady who said she was in America and when I demanded to know why I had been charged this money told me I had not read the terms and conditions which on checking back are not available on the page I ordered from. I advised her that the bank had cancelled my card and would be investigating to which she said she had cancelled my order but that the product was laready on its way.
    Guess what my order just arrived and was posted in Linlithgow which is in the UK??? Plot thickens.
    What scam are these people carrying on and why can nothing be done to stop them. I wish them all in hell along with the poor pathetic abusive people working for them, they are lying cheating leeches on a sad and vulnerable society.

• Fr
    Frustrated B Aug 05, 2010

This is the biggest scam i have ever, ever, been apart of...It clearly states a FREE trial and you pay for shipping and handling ONLY, nothing about some damn mail n rebate. They charged my account the full amount of 99.96, after I call them and stay on hold for 30 minutes b4 any1 answers, they tell me its clearly in the terms and conditions and after speaking to a so called supervisor... they tell me that the ONLY way i can get my money back is to print some mail in rebate form, which takes 3-4weeks b4 u even receive ur money...if u receive it. So i called my bank, made a claim against them, had my bank card canceled, so they couldn't charge me any more, and will have my money returned in 3-5 days...The really bad thing about this is when i called the customer service for the 4th time...the rep said "oh, i see u agreed to the 75% off your second order", I FLIPPED OUT ON HIM. After the hell i went through to cancel it, they still had me in the system as receiving a discount...Boy, oh Boy, They are indeed some PRO'S at scamming people.

• Ni
    NinjaRider Aug 09, 2010

Nobody has commented on whether the actual product works or not. If you're trying to cancel the trial membership I am guessing you're not happy with the results?

• Li
    Lisa26 Aug 10, 2010

I AGREE!!! ACAI OPTIMUM IS A SCAM!!!

First of all, the ACAI OPTIMUM product sucks. It didn't make me loose any weight, it just made me feel very very sick so I stop using it. But it is my problem for ordering things online that are not FDA approved.

Also, I order my "FREE_TRIAL" and when I was charged the $99.96 I called and asked why? They said that I had to send a mail-rebate form. But the mail-rebate form says that in order to get the $99.96 I had to be charged twice. So, obviously it is not a free-trial. I had to pay the full $99.96 plus shipping and handling.
    I'm so upset because before ordering I went online to try to see if this was a scam and all I saw where FAKE reviews.

• Mi
    missjosie101 Aug 10, 2010

I order from the internet for try out they're suppose to only charge me for $1.99 for the shipping but instead they charge me $99.00 dollars. This is a false advertisement. So I have this acai optimum and I don't know if it is even worth it to even try coz' I feel I was betrayed from this advertisement...

Charlie Stonehouse Aug 11, 2010

Hi my name is Charlie and I feal a right charlie falling for aFree Trial offer from Acaioptimum &Advancedcolon promoted by a women from Channel 7 Melbourne Aust just click the offer and pay only $1.95 for each product. Not so it cost me a total of $186.96 a month latter a double order $222.94. I did not find out till I recieved my bank statement, despite many emails and a phone call to a local support centre they cancelled any further orders ? what orders ? not so. I just recieved convoluted verbage not answering any of my questions.Dont deal with these sleaze bags. A very bad company.

• Go
    goodgenie Aug 15, 2010

My husband had similar problems with Acai Optimum. While on Facebook, he clicked on the link for a free trial and completed his information. In the confirmation email, he did get the mention that if he didnt cancel within 30 days, he would be charged 79$ per month. For some reasons, he seemed to think it was a good deal. My husband is a supplement junky... anyways, a few days later (not 30 days as mentioned on their email) he got hit with 2 charges of $165 on his cc. He had no idea what it was and called his cc company. Lucky for him, the customer service representative who took the call had actually dealt with this fraudulent company. So she explained to him how they operate. They tell you on the false advertisement that you are signing up for a automatic enrollment that will cost you $79 per month should you not cancel your free trial within 30 days. What is confusing is the amount of time you have to cancel your enrollment. The web site says 14-day trial, but the confirmation email you receive states " If you wish to cancel your order within your Trial Period, simply call [protected] and return your bottle (Even if it’s empty!) within 30 days from canceling and you will not be charged anything other than the shipping and handling fee." And that's where they get you. What they dont tell you is that 79$ is for each product you try. So you're charged $79 for the Acai Blend and another $79 for the Advanced Colon (so total 158 us = 165 Cad). Then the representative also explained to my husband that the reason he got hit twice with the $165, is because, the products for your "free trial period" are not actually free. Should you not cancel within 14 days, then you are billed for them and then your automatic enrollment also starts! So the representative, with my husband on line, called Acai Optimum customer service department. After being on hold for more than 30 minutes, they finally get through someone. The person rudely tells them that my husband should have read the small prints and that the contract is clear regarding what customers will be billed. The credit card representative then asked to speak to a supervisor and gets disconnected! They call again. To make a long story short, after finally being able to speak to a supervisor, Acai Optimum agrees to cancel his enrollment and reimburse him a full $165 charge. They said that the trial products had already been shipped, so they wouldn't reimbursed him the other $165. After the call, when my husband asked the credit card representative if he should put a stop payment just to be sure they wouldnt charge him again, she told him that if the charge is declined, they then try to charge the credit card under another company name!!! She told my husband that they best thing for him to do what cancel the credit card altogether. I'm gonna post my story every where I can because people need to be aware of how fraudulent this company is. We called the Canadian Consumer Protection line and we were told they had received thousands of complains regarding this company, but it was difficult to do something about it because they operate under so many names. Pass the message along, they need to be stopped!!!

• Lo
    lois gilliam Aug 16, 2010

i responded to the asvertized as for acai optimum and colon cleanse for the advertized free trial at a cost of $.99 plus $1.97 postage and handling fee . then was robbed for an extra $199.92. i only authorized the $.99 and $1.97 so as far as being a honest company they are not. they are crooks and theives. please don"t anyone else get ripped off by this scam to rob you too.

• La
    Laurie Troxell Aug 16, 2010

I 100% agree with your comment!!! I too, went through the same ordeal ordering on line. You must read the fine print. You have a 30 day trial period, when you order the product on line you actually have the time it takes to mail the product and the company begins taking out the money from your acccount 14 days after you place the order on line. There is NOT 30 days to see if the product works in any way or form. They screwed up my checking account so bad I had to close my debit card, and start a new. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

SteffR Aug 17, 2010

I also was duped by Acai Optimum! I thought I was signing up for one bottle of acai optimum and a one-time fee of $99.96 with a mail-in rebate dropping me down to $1.19. Three weeks later I received two bottles of acai optimum and no other information. When the second charge for $99.96 showed on my account, I contacted Acai Optimum to cancel and try to get a refund. At this time I had not yet filed for my rebate because I still had not received my e-mail confirmation, but I had, luckily, printed the receipt that popped up after they got my money the first time. I was told by two associates that I was out of luck and should have paid more attention to the "terms and conditions." I had read the "terms and conditions" and it said nothing about a second charge. I told the associate that and he explained that the "terms and conditions" in "fine print" told of the second charge. The associate told me he would send me a copy of the "terms and conditions" via e-mail. I asked him if these would be the same "terms and conditions" I had previously read. He actually told me that the company policies change often! Needless to say, at this point I was extremely irritated and upset. I told the associate that I was not pleased and this was not the end of this, have a nice day and hung up. I then found this complaint board site and read some previous complaints, many mirroring mine. I also was fortunate to find the information given by one person to call [protected] for a refund. I did and was finally treated with some respect. The gentleman listened patiently to my complaint and located my order. He then put through a full refund, including for shipping, and gave me three refund transaction numbers. I will have to wait 3-5 days to see if I am blessed with a full refund! I have high hopes! Thank you l57e! You may have just saved me more than $200 and nsf fees!

SteffR Aug 17, 2010

Call [protected] for a refund!

SteffR Aug 17, 2010

Try calling [protected] for a refund!