Acai MaxxScam

D

I placed an order online on 11/16/08 and did read all the fine print. They said when my product was shipped I would receive an email notifying me. After almost a week and no email I contacted via the 800 number and had to leave a message asking about my product and requesting a call back. After a couple more days of no response I tried to contact again but had to leave another message in which I stated I was not satisfied with there service and requested my order be canceled. Then I immediately sent an email to the address they give for canceling since this is the way the fine print requires you to cancel. Today 12/3/08 I received a months supply out of no where and immediately tried to call, only this time I couldn't leave a message because it said the mailbox was full and this was about 11am Texas time. Then I went to my bank statement to find a charge of 5.95 like the original trial said I agreed to. After finding all these other similar complaints (and I am one of the lucky ones) I went to my bank with my concerns who advised I contact the company to make sure I am not charged further. Since this seems Impossible to do the bank canceled my card and is issueing me a new one. That is the only sure fire way not to get charged that I knew of. I will try the product. Expect it to do something for me but would not advise anyone to do business with a company that has NO customer service whatsoever!

More Acai Maxx Complaints & Reviews

• Ac
    AcaiberryMaxx Jun 06, 2016

I hope they don't charge my account aagain!! I sent back two unopened bottles of Acaiberry Maxx and wrote them to do not charge me again for any further shipments!!

I don't trust these people who say they have a cancel site and then you go to it and find out they don't but hear of other people who have been ripped off!!!

This Must Stop!!!

• Ca
    Cathy in Westmoreland Jun 06, 2016

I ordered the free trial of Acai Max. I did not receive the first bottle until way after the initial trial period stated on the website. There was no documentation in the bag as to how to return or cancel the product.

I have logged onto the site stated on the bottle: does not exist any longer.

I have called the number listed on my bank statement; no answer.

I have gone to my bank for help. They have stated that since I agreed to purchase the original bottle, I was liable for the others until I could meet certain specifications for disputing the claim. How can anyone do that if you only receive fraudulent or non-existent information from the company?

I am very frustrated. My family and I recently lost our home due to a mortgage broker/appraiser scam, and I definitely don't need $80 taken from my bank account every month for a product that does not even work.

• Fc
    F Cunningham Oct 22, 2010

I am based in the United Kingdom and don't know how to cancel as their customer number is not being answered. My bank won't cancel and I cannot see any e-mail address to write to. How can I cancel this?

• Sh
    shellyspen1 Jun 15, 2010

They are scam artists. I cancelled my card before they ever charged me. I was charged $3.87 for shipping of my "free trial" that never arrived. I waited a week, called the bank, reported their merchant number to Visa's fraud division and wrote to the BBB.

• Im
    Imelda1 May 01, 2010

Thanks for your comments. I was considering checking out the "free trial". I figured it had to be a scam--most of them are. After reading your comments, you have probably saved me hundreds of dollars--literally!!!

• Vi
    vixipixi Jul 02, 2009

Avoid these scam artists, they will not send you the product and then will charge you routinely for a service you never receive and then it is impossible to cancel. When you do actually get to speak to a live voice (to call them human would be degrading to humanity) they will repeat the same thing over and over and over again which will cause you to become completely, utterly and rationally infuriated. She actually said "It is not our fault if you cannot understand the Terms and Conditions in the email sent to you"; it's a little hard to understand them when you never actually receive the email. They are criminals - end of story!

• Ke
    Ken L. Lonon Jr. May 21, 2009

Acai Maxx; Has stolen $171.85 of my money. I have none of their product. I mailed it all back unopened at my expense. I signed up for a free trial ($5.98)
    S&H only. I received my bottle and that was it. I did'nt reorder. Two (2)
    months go by.. Suddenly here's a package with TWO MORE BOTTLES!
    I check my bank account and guess what? I just got hit for $85.90! I returned
    the bottles immediatly (at my expense). Two more months go by and I got hit again! I returned those bottles at my expense. The bank told me I had to cancel my check card to avoid further debits from this company. Which I did.

I actually got a hold of this company, they promised a refund of only 68% and that would take 90 days! They said I was warned when I ordered the product.. "NO SUCH WARNING WAS GIVEN."
    It has now been 100 days... 100 days and NO REFUND! Guess what? Their
    phone has been disconnected!

Sincerely,
    Ken L. Lonon Jr.

• Do
    Donna Mar 12, 2009

Wish to cancel but unable to get calls through to cancel.

• Pi
    Pissed! Mar 11, 2009

I ordered the product and didn't think anything of it until my bank called me. I was told by my bank that they had a couple of suspicious charges on my last 2 recent transactions and wanted to know more about it. One was for $5.95 and the other was for $69.95. They both were under a unidentifiable merchant names and the transactions were made at 1:00 in the morning (I was asleep). I told my bank that I did charge $5.95 but definitely not the $69.95. So my bank unauthorized the $69.95 transaction and canceled that card. Now if it wasn't for my bank calling me to let me know of this unauthorized charge, I never would have known about it until I got the bill or more pills.

Shame on you Acai Maxx to deceive people like that. It's wrong, deceptive, and just plain FRAUD! Your an all around fake and a phony and when you get caught, I hope with legal action they make you pay back everything that you took out of that new ### hole they're gonna ripped you!!!

ann Feb 28, 2009

Someone even posted the ingredients on this website and one of the ingredients said that it was Not Digestible by Humans...

I went to /link removed/ and found hundreds of Complaints just like the ones on this website. One person from California was seriously ill and put into the hospital.

ann Feb 28, 2009

Some Banks are already aware of this Scam going on. One person posted here and said that his Bank shut everyones card down because of this Scam.
    There are investigations in some States happening as We speak. They have been on a few local News channels to make the Consumer aware.

Found this here:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

ann Feb 28, 2009

It is a scam! If you leave that CC card open, you will continue to get unathorized charges. Get rid of that card. Some people get rid of the Credit Card and a few months down the line thinking they can just get a new card only to find out they still get charged.
    I had to file unauthorized charges with my CC Company and file charges with the Federal Trade Commission and Attorney Generals office online in the State that I received the product from.
    Even though I closed the card, I still got my money back.
    File charges, the Federal Trade Commission will go after them.

• Tl
    T-LA Feb 28, 2009

I ordered the free samples but decided against taking AcaiMaxx. This was months ago, then this month I get two bottles in the mail along with a letter telling me that I agreed to the monthly shipment charging me $89 and bolded note at the bottom threatening about reversing the charges. If their "So Called" monthly shipment policy was as boldly stately in their ad, I wouldn't be here.

Since I couldn't get a response from the email to cancel. I returned the two bottle with my letter that said to cancel and that they have 30 days to credit my credit card or I will give my letter, and receipt of the package recieved over to my credit card company to reverse the charges. If I don't have a credit in 30 days, then I will report them whomever I wished. We had no contract, no meeting of the mind for I was paying for a the shipping of free samples. This is a scam!

Jackie Feb 27, 2009

Hi All,
    Looks like they have quiet the scam going once they get your CC #. I have now had to cancel mine to stop them.
    They have a 25% restocking fee if you return the product. Has anyone on the list gotten a refund for retuning the product? How much did you get in return?
    I filed complains with my bank & ask what can be done to stop them but it appears that there are really an international company the money isn’t even staying in the States. Which complicates things from what I’m understanding. Oprah really should do a follow up story, would make a good news show also if anyone out there has any connections. I’m hopefully done with them now. If anyone need a name for a list to go against them you can count me in.
    Thanks,
    Jackie

angry with acai maxx Feb 23, 2009

I am very pissed off with this acai maxx company. I ordered the product about 2 months ago. When i finally recieved it in the mail there was no reciept at all. The product never worked for me at all; however, i could not return it for a refund because i had no contact information to do so. Furthermore, today to my most shocking surprise i recieve another shippment in the mail, 2 bottles. I am blown away right now. A charge to my card of $85.00. This time there was a reciept inc luded i been trying to contact them by the number listed, but it continues to state that the office is closed right now. It is monday at 3PM how in the world is the office closed? no answering machine or anything? no notification of business hours or anything. come on. I left an email for them to contact me within 2 days and that i will be reporting them to the better business bureau. this is so unprofessional. They are totally a scam! I will handle my business concerning them. This has to stop.

• Ba
    Barbara Jones Feb 21, 2009

I received another shipment of the dreded Acai Berry today.

You can cancel your bank card, . will take 7 - 10 days to get new one. But is worth it. Is what I will do.
    B. Jones

• Ca
    Catherine modica Feb 18, 2009

after receiving a free sample i called within 2 days to cancel automatic shipment...never received anymore of the product but have been billed 3x on my credit card. they are unstoppable. contacted amer ex. outcome pending

jenni p Feb 16, 2009

read my comment posted 2/16/09 by jenni p threre are a few numbers there to call also on your cc statement or bank statement there should be a number i have seen so many different numbers for the same thing
    i spoke to paula davis (supervisor) at fit factory and she had me fax my info to a emily koons at fit factory she said there main office is in ny 305w broadway 114 new york, ny 10013.

• Ka
    Kathy B Feb 15, 2009

I ordered this product as a trial, and like everyone else I was charged $84. I have emailed the company and have been told it will be resolved in 24-72 hours. They have been telling me this since October. What can be done?

jean white Feb 11, 2009

I think online sites are missleading people when they state something is FREE, then keep sending items. I feel like this is definitely a SCAM!!! Shame on you!!! Jean White

jean white Feb 11, 2009

I received Acai Maxx that my under age daughter ordered as a free trai. I am still receiving bottles of Aca Maxx, and I do not want them.They came from Shipping Dept.; 916 113th St Ste B; Arlington, TX [protected]. Please do not send anymore. Jean White

jean white Feb 11, 2009

I ordered the free trial for Acai Maxx, then I was sent more bottles, I did not order these bottles, and I do not want them. How do I get out of this mess?

jean white Feb 11, 2009

I received Acai Maxx, and I did not ordered it. I did order the trial offer, but I do not want any more sent to me. How do I cancel this mess?

• Be
    Betty Lemke Feb 04, 2009

I ordered a tial size Acai Maxx for free, just ppay shipping charges. They billed my credit card $85.90.
    This is a scam, I see that they have a line of complaints against them. They need to be prossicuted. This is just plain fraud.I have stopped payment on my creidit card & am going to contact therm on line to inform them. They don't answer the phone. I waited 1 1/2 hours to speak to someone ony to be disconected.
    Betty Lemke

Lost in Texas Feb 02, 2009

I have the same complaint as everyone. I rec'd this stupid product in the mail and have no earthly idea how this company got my address!!! I have not seen the amount charged on any of my credit cards as of yet. However, I like the rest of you can't find a phone number. If anyone gets any information about this scam.. lets pass it on.

• Wh
    what a fool i was Feb 02, 2009

I CERTAINLY DONT KNOW WHO POSTED THE POSITIVE COMMENTS ABOVE, BUT HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW SHORT THEY ARE!!! I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THESE STATEMENTS ARE CORRECT AND ALL THE HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF FRAUD COMPLANITS ARE FALSE???? I HAVE HAD MY OWN PERSONAL NIGHTMMARE WITH THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY AND I HAVE ONLY NEGATIVE THINGS TO SAY...FIRST OF ALL, THEY OFFER FREE TRIAL OFFER FOR 15 DAYS..YOU DONT GET PRODUCT UNTIL AT LEAST 3 WEEKS AFTER YOU PLACED THE FREE TRIAL OFFER, (THAT IS IF YOU GET IT AT ALL), AND THEN YOU ARE CHARGED FULL PRICE BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN GOT THE PRODUCT. YOU CERTAINLY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO TRY IT...THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISMENT AND FRAUDULENT PRACTICES. I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS JUST READ ALL OF THE OTHER FRAUD COMPLAINTS AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF!!!

• Sh
    Shirley Lattig Jan 30, 2009

I had ordered the Acai Maxx & paid the shipping. They did not note in the advertisement this was a membership. I ordered two bottles that way. Then I show a charge on 1/22/2009 of $85.90 0on my bank statement. I hope they don't charge me twice. I would appreciate my money back. I can't afford these charges. If I had of known it was a membership, I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place.

• Mj
    mjm Jan 30, 2009

I ordered a free sample bottles of Acai max for a shipping fee of $4.99, I received it then a month later 2 more product came and I was charged again for 86.35 with out my permission. I called the number on the bank statement and the girl gave me a number to put on the package and send it back which I did. She said their would be a restocking fee and the rest would be credited to my account which never happened. When I tried to call back the phone just rings and the 1(888) they gave me is out of service. I don't have a phone number or an address to get my money they stole from me back!

• Ni
    Nina L. Jan 28, 2009

On approximately the 5th of November, I submitted a request to receive a free trial offer (just pay $5.95 for S.H) for Acai Berry Maxx. I read the fine print and understood that I had 14 days from the original order date to cancel my order. The problem was that I never even received the free trial offer. The $5.95 was deducted from my account on Nov. 10th.

I called the number that was listed on my eft - [protected] and after being on hold for about 1/2 hour, I finally spoke with LaTasha. I explained to her that I had never receivced the free trial but had been charged the S.H. After giving her my information, she proceeded to inform me that I was not even in their system and that she would have to have their manager (Michelle), return my call to authorize the chargeback and to confirm that my order was cancelled. I never heard back from them.

Upon reviewing my bank statement for January, I noticed two debit charges dated Januaru 20th from Acai Berry Maxx, one for $85.90 and the other for $2.58, what they called a Foreign Transaction Fee. I immediately called [protected] and waited on hold for at least 1 hour. After speaking with Tamar, she had told me that their was nothing they could do about the $5.95 charge due to a system failure that they had had, which caused them to loose their entire database. She said that they would credit me back the $85.90, but she had no idea what the Foreign Transaction Fee was for and told me that my bank had assessed that fee. This is not true. She then stated that once I received the product, I needed to return it to them with an RMA # at my expense. I have nothing to return to them, I never received anything

I checked my account the following day and the $85.90 had been credited back to my account. Per my banks instructions, I now have to cancel my bank card in order to file an EFT dispute for the other charges and to ensure that there will not be any further unauthorized charges to my account.

THIS IS A SCAM AND I WILL BE REPORTING THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AS EVERYONE SHOULD DO!

• Li
    linda d Jan 27, 2009

I am right there with you girls, I got taken in as well. I am old enough to know better! I had to cancel my card as well. They should not be allowed to get away with this.

• Ro
    Robin Peterson Jan 27, 2009

My husband ordered Acai Maxx juice poweder on line for a free trial offer of 5.95. They charged our credit card the $5.95 and we did receive the trial. We received another shipment on 1-26-09 that we did not order. They charged our credit card $83.00 without permission. We have canceled our credit card. We have been scammed!

• Gw
    Gwen Gilchrist Jan 27, 2009

I have had the same Aciberry nightmares with this scam company. We need a class action law suite against them. Alert everyone !

• Ge
    GeeGee Jan 26, 2009

Acai Maxx - is a freakin Joke...I canceled after getting my first "free trial" bottle after the 79.$$ on my cc and they still sent me 2 more bottles and charged my cc $85.90 more (mind u this is after canceling) I called the company at [protected] put my phone on speaker phone I knew it was going to be a while...I was on my cel phone calling my cc company about the fraud charges finally after 50 minutes waiting on the phone someone answered after trying for another 40 minutes trying to get my $26.00 that they shorted my credit from the 2nd charge they said there was NO RECORD WHATSOEVER THAT I CANCELED THE MONTH BEFORE so they charged me the 26.00 for disposal fee for me returning them.
    Ends up I canceled my credit card so they can not charge again...company says there is no way they can stop them from charging...they can just fight to get credit back because they have your cc#. They are issuing me a new card...I feel for any of you that have to go through what I did today to try to regain my hard money back and nothing to show for it. ACAI MAXX A FREAKING JOKE

• Va
    Valerie McGrory Jan 26, 2009

I too was dragged into the Acai Maxx scam. I freceived a second shipment of product with no account number, no paperwork, and have tried in vain to get a response from the company. I want to send back my shipment and I want my money back! What should I do? the comapny makes it virtually impossible to get in touch with them! I even wrote to Oprah as they used her name and Dr. Oz's name as supporting this product!

• Be
    Betty J. Smits Jan 24, 2009

The same thing has happened to me and now I am unable to get anyone to response. There is no way of finding where to cancel this order. I am forced to cancel my credit card so they can not
    charge my account. Can anyone help me with this?

Lora S. Jan 24, 2009

I too, cannot seem to cancel my order. Once I realized that I could not cancel, because of the fact that we cannot reach this bogus company, I went to my bank institution to cancel my VISA card, and they will issue me a new one so ACAI Maxx cannot do an autoship.

I had taken only 3 days worth of the pills before I wandered if this powder was even a legitimate product. Well, to our surprise, it appears the company to be a fraud! It's fraud when you cannot even get a valid phone number that works!!

Lora S. Jan 24, 2009

I guess I'm one of you, this has happened with me too. I'm appalled that we could fall for something that meant so much to us. I have gone to my bank institution and had to cancel my VISA card and will be issued another with a different card number. I'm looking forward to getting a credit back of which they charged me $85.90. That's a lot of money for nothing!

I was skeptical of using the product once it came in an envelope with no contact number on it, that means I paid for s/h for a product that I'm not even sure is a real thing. I mean how do we know its just not some random vitamin C powder? oh well. Thanks for sharing.

Mad for Acai Maxx Jan 23, 2009

I ripped off too. I just signed for the trial. Since then, I did not receive any shippment or e-mail or anything at all. All of sudden, they charged $85.90 for two bottles. And i tried to contact them to cancel further shippments. The rep said they are not the employee of Acai Maxx and they asked me the account number, which they never provided for me.

Is there any way I can get a refund? Today, I just received and have two untouched Acai Maxx. I don't how I can dispute with them. It is very time consuming to contact them. Even, i contact them they required me provide account #, which I never know.
    Be careful for ACAI MAXX.

• Ra
    Ray Jan 22, 2009

I ordered the free order of 30 days and only had to pay for shipping 5.95. When I received the 30 day supplement ther wasn't any paper work on terms of agreement.That was in NOV 16tnh .On JAN 21st I received 2 bottle of supplement, and the paper work for member terms of agreement. Which siad I had to cancel my free offer 14 days after receiving it . But I was unaware of this policy.

Sara Jan 19, 2009

I completely agree! I am furious with the way they run their service and am trying to get in contact with the better business bureu about how this is being run.