Acai MaxxScam

D

I placed an order online on 11/16/08 and did read all the fine print. They said when my product was shipped I would receive an email notifying me. After almost a week and no email I contacted via the 800 number and had to leave a message asking about my product and requesting a call back. After a couple more days of no response I tried to contact again but had to leave another message in which I stated I was not satisfied with there service and requested my order be canceled. Then I immediately sent an email to the address they give for canceling since this is the way the fine print requires you to cancel. Today 12/3/08 I received a months supply out of no where and immediately tried to call, only this time I couldn't leave a message because it said the mailbox was full and this was about 11am Texas time. Then I went to my bank statement to find a charge of 5.95 like the original trial said I agreed to. After finding all these other similar complaints (and I am one of the lucky ones) I went to my bank with my concerns who advised I contact the company to make sure I am not charged further. Since this seems Impossible to do the bank canceled my card and is issueing me a new one. That is the only sure fire way not to get charged that I knew of. I will try the product. Expect it to do something for me but would not advise anyone to do business with a company that has NO customer service whatsoever!

More Acai Maxx Complaints & Reviews

• Ba
    Barb Nov 24, 2008

I requested a trial of the Acai Berry product and was supposed to pay only $5.95 S & H. I never got the trial. A few weeks later I rrecieved a full bottle and my checking account was debited $79.95. There is no phone # to call for their customer service.

• Am
    Amy Jones Nov 25, 2008

I ordered a 2 week free trial of this product for 1 dollar plus s&h of 4.95. My credit card was then charged a total of 44.95. When I try to contact them there is a wait of 72 to 84 minutes. The product is not even good. What should I do so they do not continue to bill my credit card?

• Lu
    LULA M. Nelson Nov 25, 2008

I orderd a trail bittle of acai maxx and decided to cancel my order and calling the costomer service number the will not answer. I have tried for 5 days. I don't want a 80 dollars deducted from my account I can't afford it. I am going to contact the Attorney general of this state for some answers on this matter.

• Ji
    Jill Nov 25, 2008

What are you talking about. I used acai berry maxx and lost 10 pounds already.

• Bl
    BLM Nov 25, 2008

It's so true you can't get a hold of Acai Maxx, they charged my account to before the 10 day trail period. I filed a complaint with the better business.
    But in the mean time what you can do is cancel the credit/dept card you placed the order with and they will issue another card with a different number on it. The company will not be able to take any addition charges from your account. If you don't do this they will coutinue to take the 79.95 out every month from your account.

becky Nov 26, 2008

Never had any problems with Acai Berry Maxx. They always ship on time. Been using it for 2 months already, lost 30 pounds.

• Me
    Melissa Nov 26, 2008

Acai Maxx helped me lose 15 lbs. I'm giving it to all my friends as Christmas gifts!

• Wa
    Wally Nov 26, 2008

..So I was knockin out some reps the other day, in my tight tight shorts, when I noticed I was out of energy. I just about split my backside when my buddy Hank comes over and hands me a bottle of Acai Maxx. I've been on the stuff ever since and let me tell you, it delivers on its promise. I've seen both improvements in length and girth as well as stamina.. let's just say Thomas (my life partner) hasn't been this sore in MONTHS. I would definitely recommend acai maxx to anyone looking to improve their game. Acai Maxx, you've found a permanent place in MY medicine cabinet (next to the amyl nitrate and K-Y sensations). Can't recommend anything better.

Chris Messer Nov 29, 2008

It is SO true! I called customer service eight times and left a message as instructed. Have never had a return call. I also sent several emails. They have had 21 complaints filed at the BBB. Any response from the Attorney General?

Chris Messer Nov 29, 2008

Just called my credit card. They do have the charge for the $5.95, although I still have not received any product. They gave me a different telephone/contact number from the one on the site. It is 866-851-2281. Maybe we will have some luck with this one! I am on hold with it now... "due to high volume of calling..." please let me know if anyone has actually reached this company.
    Keep a record of your email cancellation.

• Pa
    Patty Nov 29, 2008

If anyone is even thinking about using this product, I would recommend them to reconsider. I have a job where I actually use photo shop a lot, it is very easy to use, and I can tell that they have used it on all their photos. This freaks me out, because they are already being dishonest! I was going to use this product, until I saw that! It pisses me off so much when I see companies ripping people off like this!

If you don't believe me look at their photos closely!! --- Ps. I would also listen to the people above, and try calling this company BEFORE hand and see if you can reach anyone, if you can't. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!

• Le
    lee white Dec 01, 2008

I have the same problem; I contact them (Acai Maxx) and I Complain, no remedy to the problem. I ask my bank to investigate and they say they will, they need from me to write letter to my bank explain my side of the story. Wow what system do we have?

• Kj
    KJ Dec 02, 2008

Same thing happened to me. My bank has credited my account and will now put a block on this "FX Supplement". My bank said it has become a problem. I hope these people are found and jailed.

• Th
    THERESA F GREEN Dec 02, 2008

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! YOU SAID IT WAS FREE.
    TAKE OFF MY CREIT CARD NOW!
    $79.95

• Ai
    Aischa Jackson Dec 02, 2008

I have had the same experience, made attempts to contaxt Fx Supplements and was usuccessfull, so I put a hold on my credit card account since I gave this company no authorization for more than the S&H! P.S. BE WARE OF THEIR ADVERTISMENTS ON FACEBOOK etc.

• Cg
    c graves Dec 03, 2008

Happened to me too. Go to acaiberrymaxx.com to cancel. Hope this works!!!

• Su
    Suzanne Hemenover Dec 03, 2008

I orderer mine a month ago and finally received my order plus 6 other bottles which I did not want or need that bad. I E-mailed them to cancel my order and never heard back from them!!! I to think I'm going to report this to the Attorney general !!

Manira Dec 03, 2008

I am using for abt 2 weeks now, nothing happend.. I just realized that they did charge me $79.95.. I will call my bank on that..

sandy Dec 03, 2008

I sent for the trial offer of $5.95 and now they have charged $79.95 without my authorization. Beware of the scam!!

• De
    denise Dec 03, 2008

i agree its a scam i ordered to, but my bank never authorized it so i havent paid and i got it in the mail, same company same shipping address the customer service number doesnt work. but what are they sending did the copy the ingredients or are these sugar pills? what do you guys think these pills are and does anyone know how i will find out

• Ad
    Adrienne Pittman Dec 04, 2008

First of all it seems this site has been advertising this product Acai Berry for free with just a shipping charge of $3.95 and its yet to be delivered. I never received the product, just the CHARGE! Secondly, I also have copies of the confirmed request with an approved charge amount of $3.95 that was authorized for payment, not $29.95. Thirdly, because you have taken from me monies that I did not authorize, that is fraud and a serious crime. I am asking that you reverese the charges immediately. I am going to report you to the authorities because this is not right and I'm sure their is a law enforcement agency that will police you.

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Dec 04, 2008

Buying samples/free trials off the internet or television is the worst thing you could ever do. Companies like Wu-Yi Tea, Fit Factory, Acai Berry, Natural Cures, Online Health, etc, etc will all give you the same story "free-trial with a 14-day cancellation period" Problem is, most of the time you won't receive your "free" trial until AFTER the 14-day period has expired, which means you're automatically renewed for their monthly fee. Also these companies will sign you up for 1, 2 sometimes 3 more sites/products without telling you. Unfortunately, this information IS available on the merchant's website, usually buried in the fine print somewhere. Because of this, it is 100% legal for them to charge your account every single month under a variety of different merchant names. Charges that come associated with free trials are pricelimbo.com, web access, membership fees (usually with Wu-Yi Tea) and a variety of others. If you've paid for this with your credit card, you can dispute the transactions with your bank. The only thing is, you HAVE TO CANCEL with ALL the companies in order to be successful with your dispute. If you don't have phone numbers for the companies, your bank should be able to provide you with some. Otherwise, send emails, find a mailing address and send a registered letter, anything and everything you can think of. And keep copies of everything you do/send. Also, if these companies are still sending you any merchandise (the original company you ordered the sample from), you HAVE to send it back through registered mail so you can have a tracking number and postal receipt - otherwise, the company will simply claim they never received it, and you won't have any proof that it was sent. The worst part of these scams is what they're doing is completely legal (charging without your knowledge, charging under different company names, adding on additional services, etc, etc) so protect yourself. Bottom line: don't EVER order a "free" sample unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into canceling it. If something actually works, it'll be available in stores soon enough.
    p.s. for Acai Berry, their website has their full disclaimer available & it clearly states what you'll be charges in conjunction with their company & when

• Di
    Disgruntled Customer Dec 05, 2008

On November 3, I intended to only order the "Free" sample of Acai Maxx for the $5.95 shipping/handling fee. After ordering the "Free" sample I then read the fine print stating that my credit card would automatically be charged the monthly fee of $79.95. I know it is my fault for not reading this information BEFORE ordering the "Free" sample, but it was buried on another web page, no where to be seen on the "Free" sample page.

The next morning(Nov. 4) I immediately started in trying to call the company to cancel my order. I did reach an answering service. I told them I wanted to cancel my order (at least I did have an order #). I then kept trying & trying to reach someone at the company, after many, many tries I did talk to someone (I have the name) & she assured me the order would be cancelled. I even sent an email the same morning saying to cancel my order. I did get a reply that said they "would be glad to cancel my order". Thankfully, I saved that email!!

Then I recieve my Nov. credit card statement and there is the charge for shipping the "Free" sample. I did finally receive the "Free" sample in the mail on Dec. 4...one month later, AFTER I asked them to cancel!!

I have tried repeatedly again today to call & verify that my order is cancelled. NO ANSWER!!! This company is a scam and I'm certainly not breathing easy that I still won't be charged the $79.95. The customer service is nonexistent. I will be contacting the Texas Attorney General's office regarding this company.

• Da
    David Burleigh Dec 08, 2008

Original order of Acai Maxx on the 8th of Nov, no arrival, called on the 20th of Nov, "we have just sent it", arrived on the 24th of Nov. Charged the original $5.95 shipping on the 8th of Nov., charged $79.95 on the 23rd of Nov. Note the final charge was one day before the arrival of the Acai Maxx and this means the entire "FREE" trial period was taken up by their shipping, etc. This adds up to a real SCAM...and it took me hours to get through on the 20th...left it on speaker phone while I did other tasks. Note there is no way to contact them on their web sites...and I say sites as they are all over the web. At least one of the phone numbers listed has someone who answers...but it is the wrong number. Sounds like the BBB and Texas Att. Gen may be our only source of receiving any real help.

Beverly Richardson Dec 08, 2008

I order a free trail for $5.95 shipping, in Oct. 2008. I received it. Then in Nov. 20, 2008 they charged me from my acct. $86.35 . I e-mail them to cancel all other future orders. no answer. I call they no answer. I want them to stop taken from my acct. I haven't even received the product for Nov.I want my money back.

• Am
    Amy Stitt Dec 08, 2008

[email protected]
    www.getorderhelp.com-------"Hoodia" something or the other
    [email protected]
    All these are associated together. The getorderhelp is the one that charged 44.95---Acaipower, 888 692 8352
    I did the same thing. The colonmed costs almost 90 a month. I cancelled all three and in the process of getting my money back for the colonmed and waiting response from getorderhelp for a refund, I haven't used that product though.

bee gill Dec 08, 2008

I ordered a trial ofAcai Maxx at the mid of Novemeber and have been unable to call the company to cancel my order.

I have tried numbers: 1-866-851-2281 but it is not the correct number.
    Please would you inform me of the best way to prevent this company from sending me any more product.
    Thank you.
    Kind regards
    Bee Gill

James OBryan Dec 09, 2008

Agreed to trial - now get auto delivery - cannot stop.

janie bird Dec 09, 2008

This was to be a charge for ship and delivery only. Try out product and if you like may purchase more. Instead you billed me for this herbal capsules $89.99. I would never have ordered this product if I knew your company was going to deceive me in this fashion. I am making a request you return my money and I will be glad to send you back these 2 bottles. janie bird

• Ri
    Rian Dec 11, 2008

I have the same problem! the 1-888 number is a voicemail box that is alerady full. I will get my credit card company to chargeback anything that comes from Fx Supplements. Can't believe that they are still in business!!

• Da
    Dan Breeden Dec 12, 2008

My complaint is just like all the others. I was to receive a months supply of the product and just pay shipping and handling of $5.95. When I received my credit card statement there was not only the shipping cost but also the cost of $79.95 on my card. I called the 1-800 number but of course no one is there to take my call. I'm pissed.

Bev Dec 14, 2008

Ordered special offer at 5.95. It took 6 weeks to receive. Finally recieved in envelope with no instructions or invoice #.

Was checking my bank statement and saw the charge for 79.95. Called the # that was assoicated w/charge and got an answering service. She told me I could e-mail them at [email protected]

I have no idea if they were going to start sending other bottles or not.

Called the other day and got answering service again, she took message and told me they would call back yesterday (Saturday) and still have not heard from them. Will call again tomorrow. These are the 2 numbers that I have found. I have been using the 866 #. 1-888-549-2111 or 1-866-851-2281

johncamps Dec 14, 2008

I recently ordered the ACAI MAXX on 25 Nov 08. The fine print advertisement indicated customer must cancel order 10 days after submission of order. I received the product 13 Dec 08 which is well beyond the 10 day limit to cancel. The advertisement indicates free but the company does not ship product until after cancellation period has expired.

This is without a doubt a scam! I contacted the credit card company to ensure the $79.95 was not billed to my credit card. Thus far, it has not but I will watch this one closely.

mary frazier Dec 19, 2008

CAN NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH NO ONE TO CANCEL STILL CHARGING ON MY ACCOUNT.

• I ordered a Free Sample, they sent a bottle and charged $79.95 on 11/18/2008, 12/15/2008 they charged $85.90 and sent me 2 bottles which I did not ordered.

They enclosed a paper in the second delivery, says they put me their automatic member, if I do not cancel they are shipping the same items every month.

there is no phone # of the paper, only email address listed. I eMailed to them to cancel and ask for reply for confirmation, but no reply.

I contact my Credit Card company ( Amex) to stop payment, but they said no way until they investigated.

• Mi
    miranda Dangler Dec 22, 2008

I just went through a heck of a time with this product. Like most people, I emailed and called and left messages but received no follow up on anything. After reading this I called my bank and asked them what I should do. They gave me this number: 817-607-7300. I called and took care of everything. Apparently this is the number you need to call. They canceled my order and refunded my money for me. When I complained about the website, the customer service rep I spoke to, named Rose, said she was sorry and that they had a lot of trouble with their website. When she pulled up my account, she was then able to read all of the emails I have sent.

Do not waste anymore of your time with the contact information from the website, it is all bogus. Call the number above and they should take care of everything!

Hope this helps!

Sara Jan 19, 2009

I completely agree! I am furious with the way they run their service and am trying to get in contact with the better business bureu about how this is being run.

• Ra
    Ray Jan 22, 2009

I ordered the free order of 30 days and only had to pay for shipping 5.95. When I received the 30 day supplement ther wasn't any paper work on terms of agreement.That was in NOV 16tnh .On JAN 21st I received 2 bottle of supplement, and the paper work for member terms of agreement. Which siad I had to cancel my free offer 14 days after receiving it . But I was unaware of this policy.

Mad for Acai Maxx Jan 23, 2009

I ripped off too. I just signed for the trial. Since then, I did not receive any shippment or e-mail or anything at all. All of sudden, they charged $85.90 for two bottles. And i tried to contact them to cancel further shippments. The rep said they are not the employee of Acai Maxx and they asked me the account number, which they never provided for me.

Is there any way I can get a refund? Today, I just received and have two untouched Acai Maxx. I don't how I can dispute with them. It is very time consuming to contact them. Even, i contact them they required me provide account #, which I never know.
    Be careful for ACAI MAXX.

• Lo
    Lora S. Jan 24, 2009

I guess I'm one of you, this has happened with me too. I'm appalled that we could fall for something that meant so much to us. I have gone to my bank institution and had to cancel my VISA card and will be issued another with a different card number. I'm looking forward to getting a credit back of which they charged me $85.90. That's a lot of money for nothing!

I was skeptical of using the product once it came in an envelope with no contact number on it, that means I paid for s/h for a product that I'm not even sure is a real thing. I mean how do we know its just not some random vitamin C powder? oh well. Thanks for sharing.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices