Acai Max CleanseFailed To Cancel Order

On 28 JAN 2010 I ordered Acai Max Cleanse and after it arrived I called to cancel on day 9. According to the terms of the order I had 10 days to cancel any additional orders. I was placed on hold for over 45 minutes. I hung up and called back at a later time. Again I was placed on hold and again I waited 45 minutes. I again hung up and called back at a later time, 5:45 PM. I was on hold till after 7:00 PM and then the phone announced that it was after 7:00 PM and all customer service agents had gone for the day. Had they taken my call that day I would have been able to cancel my order on time. I did get to talk to someone on the next day and they were supposed to cancel my subsequent orders but instead issued me a credit for $20.00 dollars off the next order. As it is, they allegedly sent me another order and ONLY charged me $67.47 due to the CREDIT. If you call [protected] or [protected] you have to listen to the blaring noise of a screaming Saxophone forever to get someone on the phone. I asked them for an address and they refused to give me one. All their banking is outside the USA and is in AG where ever that is. I think it might be Antigua. I just want my money back after the initial order and nothing else to do with them.

More Acai Max Cleanse Complaints & Reviews

Chuck Turner May 25, 2010

Acai Max Cleanse scam.

Report to FTC at www.FTC.gov

Charles3000 Jun 17, 2010

They are a scam. They do not send emails that they say they will send, they do not tell you the bases of charges. They are, in very simple terms, crooks.

• Bl
    blondyann Jun 22, 2010

Acai Max Cleanse is a scam. I also got took by them. I never received an email after I ordered their product and did not receive the product so by the 9th day after ordering it I called to cancel, they said the product was on its way and they where sorry for the delay, and said they would give me 10 more days and asured me I would not be charged until the end of those extra 10 days in which I could cancel if I did not want to keep the product. They told me they would send me an email and again I never received one, in stead they charged my debit card the day I called to cancel, which was not in agreement of their terms of 10 days, and I still have not received any product, again I called them, told them they charged my account not in agreement with their terms and I wanted my money back and that I still have not receive any product. I was told it would take 10 to 15 days before they would return my money to my account. I told them I thought they were frauds and said I was going to turn them in as fraudulent. This time I got an email threatening me that they would put me on a fraud list with the internet, this is their threat: "If a customer charges a purchase back we will place their name, address, zip code, and credit card number into an Internet fraud database.. This also serves as a retraction of any actions initiated by you the customer that may lead to or is a potential chargeback. All sales and terms are final."" PLEASE DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY SPARE YOURSELF WHAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH. I don't know if I will ever get my money back and still have never received any product.

• Dl
    DLChaney Jul 09, 2010

I ordered Acai Max Cleanse and on day 9 of my trial my product had not arrived. I called customer service and obtained an additional 10 day trial and was assured that I would not be billed until the expiration of my trial. However 3 days later I was charged the $87.47 plus $2.62 international fee. When I called customer service again I had to repeatedly demand to speak with a supervisor. After about my 8th request to speak with a supervisor I was finally put through to the supervisor who informed me that I would be receiving my money back within 10-15 days it has now been 4 weeks and I have not received my money. I called again today and the representative told me that the request for refund had already been sent to their billing department and that he would send it again, because the refund has not been processed. When I asked to speak with the billing department directly he stated "They are not available at this time." This company is a scam and they have very bad customer service. Their product has no results and they have poor customer service. On top of all this they are based in France, so you are charged extra money for International Fees.

• Pv
    PVHW Jul 16, 2010

What a scam I failed for. Yes, you do not get the e-mail as promised and the 11 day or so trial begins from the day you order. My bill for shipping came into my acct. on 7/1 and by the time I received the merchandise it was 7/9!!! Much to late to cancel. I was also told that I would receive e-mail re my complaint and of course that never happened.

• Pv
    PVHW Jul 16, 2010

Does anyone know what state agency to report them to??

• Ab
    abbie123 Aug 05, 2010

i also fell for this scam. Only just recieved my product today (day 9) and i called up to cancel but the number isn't in service! does anyone have an e-mail address for them that i can use as i can't find one on the website and need to cancel my next shipment fast! please help!

• Vl
    vlw Aug 08, 2010

I have also been had. This is a scam. I am out of pocket $340.00Aus after 3 weeks of placing and order for the FREE TRIAL. Have closed my bank accounts, and just accepted the loss of this money. Please do not buy from this company/scam...they are simply low-lifes. Please make formal complaints to Fraud authorities everywhere you can and stop these [censor]. Dont be had like me and thousands of others. Exact products can be bought from your local pharmacy anyway...Do your research and Good luck to you.

JackieHarms Aug 09, 2010

I have tried cancelling my order - it was a trial offer but they never provided a proper trial period as the product was not delivered until weeks after the trial period date. I tried to speak to a manager and after going through 3 girls, they left me on hold - I was on the call for 30 minutes - and 20 of those minutes were on hold. I have names of people I have spoken to there - Annie, Patricia, Ella, Camile and Jasmin. I have not received my credit back, not even the partial one they told me I would get and I am furious at this company and that they are allowed to do business as they do.

• Dl
    DLChaney Aug 24, 2010

You can file a complaint with the South East Florida Better Business Bureau at the URL listed below. They are listed as Dietmax Cleansed or Lean Body Burn. I submitted my complaint today. There have been 21 complaints since July 2010.

Thommo Oct 06, 2010

Acai Max Cleanse. I attempted to cancel within the 10 day period as I had not received the product (AUS) and found that I was unable to get through to the Company on the various numbers. All email addresses bounced back. When I did get through they hung up on me. My credit card was charged the full amount on the day following the "supposed" shipment (and their postage costs). At this point I went searching and found these blogs. I have since spoken to people at this company on several occasions by getting through on the international numbers (which transfers to the USA in any event. One person advsied I would be refunded but I now realise this was just to get me off the phone. No confirmation was received as was advised. When I got through to them again someone else told me the information I had been given was incorrect and my cancellation of the order was outside of their 10 days which I dispute. This is a call centre at which they clearly have a script to read from which starts with "how can I give you excellent service today". They have advised me to return the product when it arrives and a refund would be given for the amount charged. Looking at these blogs I'm not waiting that long and have cancelled my c/c. They won't even confirm in writing that my order has been cancelled and I'm not prepared to "wait and see". The credit card company appears to be aware of this mob and will investigate and attempt to get a refund. I think cancelling the credit card is the only option to prevent further payments being taken. Thanks to DLChaney above for the link. I have seen blogs on many of those other products listed being a scam as well and all these being linked. I dare not leave my credit card in the hands of these people. The BBB link above is no longer accepting complaints - clearly been overwhelmed.

Thommo Oct 06, 2010

This is the reply from the Attorney General that I received. Download from the links or pass to your credit card fraud. For those in Aus I have forwarded this to NAB during my discussions with them. There is a cease and desist order against this mob penalty of up to $5000 per breach. Hope the cc company lodges all the breaches!

Thommo Oct 06, 2010

Sorry missed the attachment.
    The Cease & Desist Order barring XM Brands from doing business in this state is at: http://www.ag.nd.gov/CPAT/XMBrandsCeaseDesist.pdf, and the news release is at: http://www.ag.nd.gov/NewsReleases/2010/08-13-10.pdf.

I hope you find this information helpful in your efforts to reverse the charges to your credit card.

Jo9155 Oct 11, 2010

I called and got a confirmation number. and was billed, credited, and rebilled??? Does anyone have any other ideas how to cancel this disaster?

• Ar
    Artie W Oct 14, 2010

On 9/23/10 I ordered my free trial. Was supposed to ship within 24 according to the web site. It didn't ship until 9/28/10. Since they didn't ship within the 24 hours, I called to see if they extend the trial period. They said no. I cancelled within the 10 days but they charged me an extra $1.49 for using the web site and they charged me the full price before my 10 days were up. Not a good company to do business with.

AW

• Wo
    wolverine5454 Oct 14, 2010

call 1-800-440-4397 and i did get someone with horrible communication skills but after she tried to sell me three times on more product and to offer me free shipping on all future orders she bedrudgingly said she'd send me a link via email to cancel my account. i was given a digital signature, customer service rep ID and a password to enter once this ermail link is recieved to process my request. We will see if I actually receive this email.

• Mi
    Michelle Moseley Oct 18, 2010

I went to the web site, mydietmaxcleanse.com and decided to try their free sample. Not only did I not receive my free sample, I am now being charged for a monthly supply I am not receiving. While on the site that same day, I decided I didn't like the idea of a monthly shipment and hit the cancel button. When I called, they told me my order had shipped a month ago. So, I tracked it. Guess what, nothing found with that tracking number. I called back and told them that. They said to wait 3 to 5 days and I would receive my product. I told them I did not want it and to refund my credit card account. They said they could not do that because my 10 day trial period was up. I NEVER received a product!!! How can they do this? I canceled my transaction, they never sent a trial product, they are charging me for a monthly shipment of something I am not getting, they won't cancel my order, they won't refund my credit card and my credit card company says they can't help me. AAAHHHHHHH

Does anyone have any tips???

• As
    A.Sancho Oct 20, 2010

Do not purchase this product!!! I ordered my free trial online on October 7th. I called them on October 12th because I still did not recieve the product. The sales rep informed me that it was shipped and that I should be recieving it soon, I asked him if the trial period would be extended due to me not recieving the product yet, and of course he said "no" and that my 10 day trial period ends on October 16th. I finally recieved my product on the 13th, and I tried it for 3 days, and nothing! Since October 16th was on a Saturday, and of course they are not open on the weekend, I called on Friday the 15th to cancel my free trial. The rep sent me a link via e-mail that I immediately had to click on and fill out the information then submit it to cancel my order. I complied with everything in the e-mail, and almost an hour after I submitted my cancellation I recieved a conformation e-mail that my account had been cancelled. Well, come Monday, the 18th, I look in my bank account, and they charged me $88.00!!! I called and asked why I had been charged, and the rep told me that I had not cancelled in time!!! She said that since I had called on Friday, it takes 24 hours to process my cancellation, and since they are closed on the weekend my account did not get cancelled until Monday! I asked to speak to her supervisor, and after some yelling (on my part), she finally transferred me. The supervisor told me that she would send my account to the billing department and that they would contact me in 10-15 business days! I am planning on sueing them for fraud if they do not refund my money!!!

• Je
    jeccy Oct 22, 2010

I cannot believed they are being allowed to get away with this. Is there nothing we can do? I do was sucked into the free trial (and feeling very stupid now), received no pills and have now been charged an extortionate amount of money and have been unsuccessful in speaking to anyone. I am so frustrated and angry

• Va
    val57 Oct 25, 2010

i stupidly applied for this offer and to date have not received the item and have been charged for the trial offer plus £50 and have not been able to contact the company on the numbers given, ended up having to cancel my bank card, wish i had read up on this company first, avoid this scam

• Ni
    Nicole V1 Oct 28, 2010

A.Sancho .. Do you have that link? I was suppose to get it by email but never did, so I have all the passwords and everything but never received the link. I cancelled my credit card and I would advise evrybody to do the same. IT IS A SCAM!!! Feeling very stupid to have fallen for it especially since I have done internet research before ordering. If you have the link please post it thank you.

• Sh
    SHATORY ROQUEMORE Nov 08, 2010

I JUST CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE THEY SENT ME MAXIMUM XTREME BURN AND I ORDERED ACAI MAX CLEANSE. SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD HAVE TO REOPEN THE ACCOUNT THAT I CANCELED AND CHARGE ME FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING AGAIN. I TOLD HER TO LET ME SPEAK WITH SOMEONE OF HIGHER AUTHORITY SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD BE THE ONLY PERSON HELPING ME TODAY. NOT ONLY DID SHE TELL ME THAT [censor] BUT I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE ORIGINAL NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED I FOUND ANOTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER UNDER THE COMPLAINTS AND THAT'S HOW I GOT IN TOUCH WITH THEM. I ONLY WANT THE RIGHT PRODUCT I DON'T WANT ANY MONEY BACK AND AGAIN THE PRODUCT I ORDERED WAS ACAI MAX CLEANSE NOT MAXIMUM XTREME BURN!!!

• Me
    MelissaBales Nov 13, 2010

I have all the same complaints as everyone else on here. They sent me a web site to go to, too cancel, i am not sure if it canceled or not because I have never recieved the comfirmation letter they said you would get, but they won't be getting anymore money from me, because I canceled my card and filed a grivance with my bank and they are usually pretty good about getting your money back, so we will see!

• Ca
    carlybrown Nov 20, 2010

to whom it may concern,
    i rang today to cancel my order and get my refund back of $95.34, i believe i have been wrongfully charged for the product which i have not received at all. i want my money back and am very un happy with the service you have provided. i have rang within 24hrs of the confirmation of money being taken from my account. i feel as i have been mistreated as my understanding was 10 day trial from date receiving product, as how are you able to pay for something in 10 days without trialling the product first or how do you even now that this could be a money making scam!!! pay for product and never receive it. i want my money returned. please help me to get my money back and get this company of the net...

• Ag
    AGer Nov 23, 2010

I am sppalled by this product.
    It took about a month and a half to actually recieve the "free" trial product. Terms and conditions were not even given until I gave them my credit card details where I learned that I have to call and cancel with them or they will automatically charge me.
    The terms and conditions gave me 20 days to cancel, I called within that time and cancelled.
    I was still charged a full $95.00 CAD!!!
    I called for a refund and ofcourse it was like talking to a bunch of robot scam artists! Appalling.
    They took my money for something that I did not agree to!!!
    The biggest scam that ever was!
    DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT!!!

charlaine brousseau Nov 26, 2010

Company information:
    Diet Max
    Hong Kong
    weeklyhealthnewscanada.com

On November 19th, on my Credit Card statement was showing under description NovaPay OL8772923588 Hong Kong HK amount of $ 65.76 charged non-authorized for a transactions, i never made. What can i do for refunded my credit card.

• Ni
    Nicole73 Dec 01, 2010

This product reminds me why 'they' always told me to do my research! I fell for this free trial without even thinking! I never received any product ever, I have have spent days on hold and I am yet to actually get in touch with someone to cancel this order! There is no email? No address? I ended up having to cancel my card, which was easier anyway. Who do I get ahold of to stop this? Its a giant scam!

• Ps
    psychopat75 Dec 06, 2010

I got almost the same but I do not have any company associated:
    NOVAPAY-OL8772923588 HONG KONG
    AMT 87.13 UNITED STATES DOLLAR
    I believe it is after I answered a survey at the opening of my bank web site. At the end of the survey, I had been offered a free product, only the shipping to pay.
    I call my bank to cancel my card and ask for new one, but I am waiting more info. Good credit card companies should consider that as a stolen card. Usually the liability of the customer is 50$. Patrick

• Up
    upsetinmaine Dec 11, 2010

same company just did this to me!!! I did not authorize anything, and when I called them, they refused to give me the web site that I supposedly ordered their product. they also refused to say what the product was. my card company has been gracious enough to help me fight this.. good luck to all of you..that have been scamed by these people

• Ph
    PhilipB Dec 15, 2010

I fell for this scam and after having two small payments taken from my account they then took 55 pounds from my account. I cancelled my debit card but having read some other comments i have now closed my bank account to sever all ties with this company. I know its a hassle but if you have given your debit card details to this company then it is the best thing to do.

Also - I haven't been able to cancel this with the company in question - has anyone been chased for payment etc?

Nols Jan 08, 2011

In October I ordered, what I thought was just a trial of the Acai Max Cleanse. The website only stated that you had to pay the shipping and handling. There was no mention anywhere that unless I cancelled they would be billing me every month. They have now taken out two payments from my bank account totalling over $150 but I have yet to receive anything from them. I only picked up on this now as I received an order comfirmation email on the 4th of January and have been checking my bank. On further inspection I found that there was a previous charge in November. As overseas/internet purchase payments takes ages to show up on my bank I did not pick up on the transaction until today. As I have a debit card there is not much my bank can do. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!! None of the phone numbers work. There is no email address. Even if I cancel and get a new bank card they can - apparently - still charge the new one. If there is anybody out there who knows a way to get my money back please let me know by posting on this website.

• Cl
    Claire C. Jan 24, 2011

Keep ringing but do it early in the morning for Diet Max. I had to do it 3 days in a row. First day only had a recorded message all day long. 2nd day started ringing at 8 am and after an hour of being on hold, it turned into a recorded message. 3rd day rang at 7.30 am and it took me 1h30 on hold to get through to someone in the states. I had to insist that I wanted to cancel the order, they were still trying to sell me something. By the way, I never received the product and they did not refund me for the one month supply of tablets $90.97, which of course I never asked for. I also had my account debited of $36.31 by KMASSIST. Sick of this scam... Not sure how to stop it

angryz May 13, 2011

They done me for £500.00 GBP, and when I tried to get refund they said they never received the items back, and after I sent the second lot recorded, I called them and they again said they never received the items but when I slapped them with the recorded code then they apologized and said it was a technical fault and refunded only £80.00 then after canceling my bank card and made my bank aware of the scam and after 2 months they again did withdraw money from my account twice... cut the long story short, I ended up closing my 15 year account to stop them stealing money from me, I wish someone will find them and burn their company down and all who involved put in prison..!

• Zh
    Zheniay Dec 06, 2011

Unwanted and Not ordered and Unauthorized shipment of ACAIMAx. Unable to find any contact information to talk customer support

• Ca