Acai Burn / cancellation of product not being honored still billing your bank account after cancelling product within time limitacc

1 3600 army post roadDes Moines, IA, United States
Phone: 800-659-3588

I ordered trail size paid shipping charge of 4.95 12 days later there a 69.95 charge on my bank satement call the number associated with the charge spoke with albert he said did you read the terms and conditions you have to cancel within 14 days of placing your trial size order and u order 12/4 so, its after the 14 days so I said today is 12/17 it hasn't been 14 days and I would like to cancel he said you are exactly right it hasnt been 14 days I will take care of reversing the charges from your credit card I am still waiting. c english 1126 e 83rd street chgo ill 60619 email cenglish [email protected] hotmail.com

Comments

• Ob

I mapped the address you have been writing and it looks like it is just someones house

Acai burn - unathorized

I ordered Acai Burn's "free" trial... before I even got the pills my credit card was charged $59.95. After calling a few different places including my bank I got a working number for them... (1800-659-3588) after a few minutes, a nice lady answered, took my info, canceled everything and issued a refund. I thought I'd pass the number along

• Ji

Acai burn - False Information in Terms & Conditions
    Des Moines
    Iowa
    Phone: 1-800-659-3588
    acaiburn.com

Terms & Conditions #5 Orders/Billings: reference to Comprehensive Weight Loss and Insiders Secrets. Cancellation phone number information is not provided upon cancellation of program with Acai Burn direct. Elizabeth agent id # 41062 can't even explain what this paragraph straight from the terms & conditions means: "You also get the Insider Secrets Expert Tips Package and the Comprehensive Weight Loss eBook Package that come with a seven day and twenty eight day trial period so that you can put the diet expert’s extensive knowledge into practice for yourself. You're billed only four dollars ninety five cents and nine dollars ninety five cents monthly (will appear as Internet Access Fee and Membership) for as long as your unique All-Access passes remain active. These minor bonuses are non-refundable. Cancellation is hassle-free and immediate whenever you wish. (All necessary cancellation information is provided when you claim your AcaiBurn System today before it is released for others to claim). Any charge is made through the same account." I can't get money back from either company. Complete fraud! I suggest a class action suit if for nothing else but to put these folks out of business.

• Ku

The same thing happened to me. I got the product, took it, got real sick from it and called and cancelled. I got the run around and extreme pressure from the salesperson. It was within the time frame of 14 days and I kept being pressured to give it a try. Finally, they said they cancelled my order and then low and behold I received another charge (without the merchandise) I might add and another 60.00 charge. I disputed this with my credit card company and then just today (1-15-09) I received 3 more bottles of this junk without any paperwork inside.

I spoke with Ann today and she SAID she cancelled the order and that no other cancellation was on my account, which is pure bull. She was nice enough to help me (or so I think). Just found out that they put another charge on my account. I am disputing this as well. I have this junk ready to be mailed back and I hope that it is finally said and done. Do not take if you have GI or gallbladder disease...it made me real sick.

I hope a class action suit is brought against them. This is a deceptive company and the 4.95 for just shipping is a lie.

I have more to write but I am running out of time.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I too felt sick and tired. I have a colostomy and need to lose weight for a reversal op hence my taking the pills. They didn't give me energy or make me feel healthier at all.

They didn't help me lose weight either and the company is almost impossible to get hold of. I've had to put a hold on my credit card untill I have sorted it out so at least they won't get any more payments.

I've also sent the bottle back requesting a refund and cancellation of any further shipments. If any arrive at my door I just won't sign for them.

Kind regards,

Tracy in the UK

• Am

Acai burn - Charges/Shipments
    Acai Burn

I ordered Acai Burn yesterday before reading any reviews on this product. I got scared, and I called to cancel all of the memberships. I agree that this seems fishy the way all of the charges are hidden. Sure, the first bottle is supposed to be the $4.95, but also with the first shipment comes three other bottles of Acai, which you will be charged $59.95 if not returned within 14 days. You will also be charged a monthly fee for the Insider Secrets to Weight Loss and the Comprehensive Weight Loss eBook Package. I am listing below the necessary phone numbers needed to cancel all of the memberships. Make sure to ask for a refund and a cancellation confirmation or ID number from the representative. I hope many find this helpful, and when I mentioned the complaints that I had read, not one representative denied any of the alligations. Ironic, don't you think?

Acai Burn (800) 659-3588
    Insider Secrets (866) 279-6513
    Comprehensive Weight Loss eBook (800) 989-5907

• Me

Acai burn - Unauthorized billing
    acaiburn.com

Please be aware of trail offers there are hidden agenda's and could cost you to loose your money I order a free trail of Acai burn (acai berry) from acaiburn.com. A customer service called to me to offer me the product and I declined because I haven't even received my trail Acai burn.

A month later I receive a charge on my credit card for $29.99 from a Fit factory. I called this company and stated that I didn't sign up for the services and requested a refund. The company would not refund my money and told me that when customer sign up for the acai berry free trail the company automatically give them a trail of a fitness program website and this was stated in the fine print of the agreement. I was this was a hidden agreement and not advertised to give the customer the choice to choose this website trail.

I'm not the only person this company rip off.

• Sh

I was able to cancel before my 14 days but they still wanted to charge me 59.95 for my "free trial" sample. Upon pushing for information I asked if I could return my unused portion. and not get billed, I was told yes I could...but...my credit card would still be charged and then I would be refunded. Regardless, I will also dispute through my credit card company. Do not fall for this or any other "free trial" offers

I’ve have had the same problems... Yea… I lost weight because I was throwing up….

I got sicker then sick... and tried to cancel... got the run around... so I just ended up canceling my credit card... before any charges could be charged on it... thanks to reading these reviews...

I can’t believe Oprah is indorsing this product... someone should really let her know about all of this... I am not one to use pills… and the only reason why I tired it is because of Oprah...

DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT…

Sam C from MN

• 0 Votes

Well all I have to say is thank you to all people who have posted complaints on this website. I to decided to read all this after I placed the order. I did read the fine print and I know that it says that I will be charged the addtional money after the 14 days if I don't cancel and send it back. So what I did today is cancel everything, the acai burn, the insider secrets and the comprehensive weight loss e book. Everything has to be cancelled separately. They say the free trial is on the way so as soon as I get it I can mail it back to them and I won't be charged. But since I've read all these complaints I don't trust this company so I have already taken the necessary steps to cancel my credit card so they cannot put any other charges through. Thank you again for all the complaints posted and giving a heads up to this company.

• Tl

Thank you so much for posting these phone numbers. They were very helpful. Many blessings to you!

• Jw

Absolutely correct! I was charged BEFORE the trial period ended for these additional services which I was to receive as a gift. I have spent 45 minutes on the phone waiting to cancel the Acai Burn (which did NOTHING for me) and these additional products/services which I never wanted in the first place. Tomorrow would end the 14 day trial period from the day I received my "free" trial bottle. I called within the timeframe but was told my account was set to bill $60 tomorrow and could not be canceled in time -- "these things take time with the amount of paperwork required for a cancel " is what I was told. It did not take that much time for the paperwork to CHARGE my account.

Buyer definitely BEWARE. Not worth the hassle for me. I did not see all these complaints before I ordered the trial and I thought I had performed a good amount of research. If I had seen these first I would not have ordered any Acai!!!

• 0 Votes

AMEN!!! I WISH I HAD SEEN THESE COMPLAINTS BEFORE I PLACED MY SO CALLED "FREE TRIAL OFFER FOR 4.95 S&H CHARGE ONLY...I HAVE 159.00 PLUS THAT I HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH...AND TO TOP IT OFF---I SENT BOTH BOTTLES BACK AFTER FINALLY RECEIVING THEM 3 WKS AFTER I PLACED THE FREE TRIAL OFFER. I KNOW THEY GOT IT BACK BECAUSE I SENT IT BACK VIA USPS TRACKING SYSTEM AND I WENT UNDER THE WEBSITE USPS AND CHECKED AND THEY ALREADY HAVE BOTH OF THEM BACK. I HAD TO CANCEL CREDIT CARD AND GET A NEW ONE WITH DIFFERENT ACCOUNT NUMBER...THAT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL STOP THEM FROM FUTHER CHARGES...PLEASE DONT BELIEVE THEIR LIES IF THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU WONT RECEIVE ANY MORE CHARGES...I WAS TOLD THAT ON JAN 2ND AND ON JAN 7TH ANOTHER 39.95 CHARGE ON MY CRED CARD AND THAT IS WHEN I CANCELED IT AND GOT A NEW ONE...I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK AND IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY EMAIL ME OR POST COMMENT HERE ON THIS SITE. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE AND TAKE CARE. GOD BLESS, ., , , , I HOPE THESE CRIMINALS GET CAUGHT SOON, I WANT THIS NIGHTMARE TO END FOR EVERYONE!!!IT IS NOT RIGHT AND THEY WILL PAY IN THE END. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER ALOT TO AVOID THE POLICE FROM FINDING YOU, BUT YOU CANT HIDE FROM GOD... SINCERELY,
    SHARON OWENS
    [email protected]
    WHAT A FOOL I WAS!!!

Ok, , , so i just ordered the acai burn, , , and unfortunately i just read the complaints after ordering, , , i want to cancel so they dont bill me inapropriately, , , does anyone know what i can do???
    -Sarah B
    WI

• Cl

Acai burn - Canceling the order
    Alabama

Do not order acai burn! It doesn't work and you get charged with all a lot of products that you don't need and more than likely didn't ask for. The free trial is a scam. If you get the product, it says after you RECEIVE the product then you have two weeks to try it out AND then 60 day FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Well... that is not true. I've had mine since 1/26/09 (which is when I actually received the product to my house) and called to cancel it today (2-2-09) and was not allowed. They said that I will still be charged $59.95 for this first shipment, which I was under the impression that it was a FREE trial; clearly not. I have to ship the product back (under my expense) as soon as possible in order to get the money back minus the shipping and handling I have already paid for in the beginning. So my advice to you all is to DEFINITELY DO NOT buy this product. I hope this helps and will be happy to answer any questions regarding the return process and canceling the rest of the subscriptions!

[email protected] if you want to email me about the process or about the product.

• Sy

I just got off the phone with Customer service for ACAI BURN. I had the same exact thing happen to me. They are a complete rip off. I was going to cancel my trial because there wasn't anything but the pills in the package. No information or numbers. I received 4 call before I received it and that made me a little weary. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

• Ta

Acai burn - Dosn't work
    California

This product doesn't work. The only part of there duel combo Acai Burn and colon cleanser that really works is the colon cleanser. Take the Acai Burn by it self and you lose nothing not even one pound. But if you take the colon cleanser alone you can lose 20 to 30 pounds. 80.00 for Acai they say 3 months 240.00 yea right. Colon cleanser another 80.00 amonth 3 months 240.00 plus 5.00 shipping for each product that 30.00 more for a total of 510.00 If you take the colon cleanser for one month and lose 20 to 30 pounds for 80.00 your winning

Acai IS A BIG RIP OFF!!!

• Sh

I had the same thing happen - I've placed a complaint with BBB.

• 0 Votes

Just received trial package for $4.95. Called company same day. Told that they would cancel my membership and I would be billed $59.95 for the FREE Trial!!! I disputed this and was referred to the terms and conditions. I disputed what I was being told and quoted THEM. I also told them I would be contacting the Better Business Bureaua dn Federal Govt to have the company investigated. I was told I would NOT be charged the $59.95. The package is being returned today. I was given a return authorization number which was the same as the order number by the way. I will be watching my credit card statement. I have been charged the $4.95 which I have paid. I will be placing a complaint with the BBB and notifying the Feds.

• 0 Votes

I just got charged for the 2nd time for $59.95 (in 10 days)... and can't even find a customer service number to cancel the "Free Trial"!!
    Has anyone been able to cancel the continued orders?
    Does anyone have the Customer Service number?