Abe's of Maineterrible customer service

On 17 October 08 I ordered a Denon receiver from Abe's of Maine. One acknowledgment email and nothing further.

By late Monday, 20 October, I checked the Abe's of Maine web site and found no progress on the order. Moreover, the transaction had not been charged to my credit card. I checked the web and found lots of complaints about Abe's of Maine concerning calls to sell more stuff and charges for shipping. I decided to cancel the order.

I sent many emails stating the order was canceled; no response to any. Also made calls to Customer Service, which were put on hold.

Yesterday I discovered the transaction had been charged to my card; I immediately canceled the transaction and sent more emails to Abe's of Maine. Again, no response whatsoever.

Fortunately I specified on the original order that shipment must be made with Signature Required. I will refuse any attept to deliver. The run around and total lack of communication is a huge annoyance and certainly the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

On Wednesday 22 October I discovered a box on the front porch here in PA. A UPS delivery with the Abe's of Maine return address. No one knocked or required a signature. It's pretty beat up, slit open on one side with peanuts escaping. I have now sent emails to Abe's of Maine that they own a box on my porch and have 48 hours to have it removed. They are in NJ; I have a second home there so taking them to court may be my next step.

I will never, never shop at Abe's of Maine again.

• Al
    altina Gomes Jan 17, 2010

This just happened to me! these guys should be out of buisness...now idk what to do ? what should i do and what did you do?

• Ju
    justbuy Apr 08, 2010

I am with you, dont use this site. The worse customer support!!!

• Br
    brian123456 Jun 29, 2011

I have been shopping for TV and decided on giving Abes of Maine as they had what I wanted at a good price. After I place the order on-line I got a call from the store to "verify my order". After we reviewed the order and agreed it was correct the hard sell to upgrade my shipping and my mount for the TV started. After telling the sales guy "no thanks" 5 times he still kept going on until I told him that I wanted to cancel the order. He advised he could not help me with that and transferred me to customer service. I sat on hold for over 20 minutes until I was finally helped. When I did talk to someone in customer service and told them that I wanted to cancel my order they asked if I was given the upgraded shipping and mount that the sales guy was badgering me about would I keep the order placed. I agreed to keep the order placed and was told a follow up email would be sent confirming the upgrades. No email ever showed up, the order when reviewed was canceled and when I sent an email seeking clarification on the status it went unanswered.
    While the low price was attractive, the overly aggressive sales tactics and poor customer service more then ruin any savings you can get. Don't walk away, RUN AWAY from this company and find a more reputable company to do business with

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices