A Better Tomorrow Logo

A Better Tomorrow

Having problems with A Better Tomorrow?

A Better Tomorrow reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 25, 2012. The latest review fraud was posted on Feb 25, 2012. A Better Tomorrow has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1 reviews. A Better Tomorrow has resolved 0 complaints.

A Better Tomorrow Customer Service Contacts

Please note that the company has gone ouf of business.
We cannot guarantee that complaints submitted against A Better Tomorrow will be seen, responded to and resolved.

A Better Tomorrow Complaints & Reviews

abttc.netfraud

Bait and Switch, they tell you what a nice facility your loved one is going to and they end up at a half way house in the middle of drug town. This place needs to be honest and up front with people. They play with your emotions when you are trying to help your loved one. Complete fraud going on here

• So
      socal88 Jun 10, 2015

I was a former patient at ABTT in Murietta. I decided to go here based on the promises of helping me detox and keeping me sober for 28 days before id be transferred to an outpatient facility closer to home. Worst mistake of my life. The house I stayed at was on Pebley Ct. In Winchester. After being stripped of my belongings upon arrival I was forced to sign on the dotted lines and forced to change my health insurance benificary information to go directly to ABT. I was detoxing off only alcohol ( I've never used drugs) when the house manager and his higher up told me I'd be on a light medication for sleep and one for nauseau. I'm talking benadryl and peptol bismol light. After going 2 days in their "detox" I began to get really sick and eventually had a number of seizures. The managers refused to call the paramedics. It wasn't until a patient ran out of the house and banged on the neighbors door for them to call an ambulance for me. I was told had I not been on serious anti seizure medication by that night I would have died. Upon realizing i wasnt safe going back to their detox house, the doctor demanded that they bring my belongings to the hospital so I could get a hold of a family member to take me to another rehab facility. This pissed them off so much that they decided to put my belongings in the mail and ship them to my house(600 miles away) needless to say the doctor and the hospital i was at (rancho springs) was livid at them but there was nothing they could do. They kept me for a couple more days under observation and properly medicated before i was able to get a ride home. Trust me when i say this...These people are in no way shape or form qualified to handle your loved ones detoxification or sobriety. Please if you read this avoid this place at all costs. This company literally put my life in jeopardy for my money. It took me months to fix what they did with my insurance information, not to mention getting over the frequent nightmares. I'm now 2 years sober thanks to a non profit treatment facility I found upon returning back home. I truly believe had I stayed there I would be one of the MANY people who have died there. I hope this facility is shut down for good.

• Ri
      ripedie Nov 22, 2012

RESPONDING to the first TWO COMMENTS.

FIRST OF ALL, JUST AS I DID MYSELF WHEN I TRIED TO CHECK OUT THE PROGRAM A BETTER TOMORROW I TYPED IN THE LETTERS AS THE FIRST PERSON IN COMMENT 1 ABTT WEB SITE AND SOME ADULT MOVIE ADD POPPED UP . I HAVE TO TELL YOU I PANICED ! MY SON WAS ON A FLIGHT TO L.A. TO BE PICKED UP BY SOMEONE FROM A BETTER TOMORROW ALSO ON E. ST. IN SAN DEIGO. IT DIDN'T TAKE ME TO LONG TO FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT AND WHERE THEY WERE TAKING MY SON FOR TREATMENT BECAUSE I PROVIDED HIM WITH A CELL PHONE AND MINUTE BY MINUTE HE TOLD ME EXACTLY WHERE THEY WERE AND WHERE THEY WERE TAKING HIM.
      AS FAR AS TRYING TO CHECK OUT THERE WEB SITE YOU LIKE MYSELF TYPED THE INCORRECT LETTERS TO FIND THE COMPANY. YOU WROTE YOU TYPED IN THE LETTERS ABTT IN SAN DEIGO. THE CORRECT LETTERS ARE abttc.net or forterus.com. this will take you to their correct web site.

SO AS FAR AS BOTH LISTED COMMENTS ABOVE I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES SO FAR WITH ABTTC. AND I AM A BIT CONFUSED TO YOUR CLAIMS OF THE TREATMENT YOU SO FAR EXPERIENCED WITH BOTH ABTTC AT 2456 E. st. SAN DIEGO, AND YOUR CLAIMS OF THE BETTER TOMORROW IN MURIETA AS BEING REVOKED.
      ( HERE'S WHY )

TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AGO WHEN I PUT MY SON ON A PLANE FROM SAC. CALIF. TO GO TO A BETTER TOMORROW, I FREAKED OUT AT FIRST WHEN I TYPED IN THE WRONG LETTERS TO THEIR WEB SITE, BUT BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO KEEP CONSTANT CONTACT WITH MY SON ALL THE THE TIME WHILE DRIVING WITH A DRIVER FOR A BETTER TOMORROW WHO PICKS UP CLIENTS FROM AIR PORTS I NEW WHEN HE ARRIVED A 2456 E. ST. THAT EVERYTHING WAS JUST AS THEY HAD PROMISED TO ME IT WOULD BE ON THE PHONE BEFORE I CHOOSE TO SEND HIM THERE.
      ANYWAY MY SON SPENT 54 DAYS AT 2456 E. ST IN SAN DIEGO SEPT.2012 OCT 2012. AND I SPOKE TO HIM ALMOST EVERY DAY AND MY SON THRIVED AND WAS VERY HAPPY WITH HIS TREATMENT, AND SAID IT WAS EVERYTHING AND MORE THAN WE HAD EXPECTED. SO WHAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING SURE DOSE NOT SOUND LIKE THE SAME PLACE DON'T UNDERSTAND . I'M CONFUSED! ANYWAY AFTER MY SON WAS RELEASED HE WENT INTO A SOBER LIVING HOME CALLED A SECOND CHANCE ALSO IN SAN DIEGO HE DID PRETTY GOOD FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS THEN HE BEGAN TO RELAPSE .
      THAT'S WHEN I BEGAN THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN. CALLING THE SAME NUMBER I CALLED THE FIRST TIME WHEN HE CHECKED INTO ABTTC AT 2456 SAN DIEGO. I EXPLAINED TO THEM THAT BECAUSE MY SON HAD DRANK AND WASN'T FOLLOWING THE HOUSE RULES AT THE SECOND CHANCE SOBER LIVING HOME, THE HOUSE MANAGER KICKED HIM OUT AND GAVE HIM A HALF HOUR TO GET OUT OR THEY WOULD CALL THE POLICE. MY SON SLEPT ON THE GROUND LAST THURS. NIGHT NOV 15TH. WHEN HE CALLED ME AT MIDNIGHT HE TOLD ME HE WAS FREEZING COULD I PLEASE CALL SOMEONE AT THE LAST PROGRAM THAT HE WAS AT ON E. ST. I TOLD HIM AT MIDNIGHT NO ONE WOULD ANSWER SO I TOOK A CHANCE AND CALLED ABTTC THE 800 NUMBER JUST LIKE THE ONE I CALLED THE VERY FIRST TIME I WAS SEARCHING FOR A REHAB FOR MY SON. AT MID NIGHT I DID GET AN ANSWER FROM A LADY NAMED LORILIE TURNED OUT TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME LADY WHOM I SPOKE TO ON THE PHONE WHEN MY SON WAS ON PLANE TOWARDS L.A. THE SAME LADY THAT I FREAKED OUT ON BECAUSE WHEN I TYPED IN THE WEB SITE FOR ABTTC. I TYPED IT IN WRONG AND WHAT POPPED UP ON MY COMPUTER WAS ADULT KOREAN MOVE WEB PAGE. THIS WAS ALL WHILE MY SON WAS ABOUT TO GET OFF THE PLANE AN LOOK FOR SOMEONE HOLDING UP A PAPER WITH HIS NAME ON IT AT THE LUGGAGE STATION. ANYWAY BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO KEEP CONSTANT TABS ON HIM BY PHONE EVERYTHING TURNED OUT JUST AS I WAS TOLD IT WOULD.
      SO I TOLD LORILIE WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO MY SON AND WHERE HE GOT KICKED OUT FROM AND WHERE HE HAD JUST GRADUATED FROM AT ABTTC ON E. ST. GAVE HER HIS CELL PHONE NUM. AND ASKED IF THERE WAS ANY WAY THEY COULD GET HIM BACK INTO A PROGRAM THIS TIME FOR LONG TERM BECAUSE HE WAS SURE NOT TO MAKE IT ON HIS OWN YET. I KNEW HE NEEDED MUCH LONGER CARE. SHE SAID SHE WOULD GO HOME AND START ON GETTING HIS RETURN APPROVED. LORILIE GOT HIM APPROVED IN LESS THAN 24 HR. AND SHE ALSO KEPT IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH MY SON TO ADVISE HIM ON WAYS TO STAY WARM UNTIL SOMEONE COULD PICK HIM UP IF HE WAS APPROVED AGAIN.
      SO AS OF TODAY NOV21ST. 2012 MY SON IS LIVING AT THE ABTTC LOCATED IN MURRIETA CALIF THE SAME ONE THAT THE SECOND PERSON WRITES TO SAY THAT THE LANE HOUSE IN MURRETA IS REVOKED! UNLESS THERE ARE TWO HOMES OR MORE IN MURRIETA. I CAN ASURE YOU THAT IT IS IN FACT NOT REVOKED . I WAS ALLOWED TO SPEAK TO MY SON ONE TIME BEFORE HIS 7 DAY BLACK OUT STARTED AND TRUST ME HE TOLD ME IT WAS THE NICEST PLACE TO LIVE CLEAN WONDERFUL STAFF, NICE COMFY BEDS COMFORTERS DOWN AND 2 DOWN PILLOWS ON EACH BED ALL THE FOOD ONE COULD EVER NEED BEAUTIFUL WORK OUT GYM. HE HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THE HOUSE IN MURRETA SO WHAT YOU TWO PEOPLE ARE DECRIBING TO ME SURE DOES'NT FIT THE DISCRIPTION THAT I AM GETTING. AND MY INFORMATION IS COMMING STRAIGHT FROM THE PLACES YOU BOTH DESCRIBE AS REVOKED OR HORRABLE. MY SON HAS LIVED INSIDE BOTH LOCATIONS AND HE SAYS EVERYTHING IS ON THE UP & UP JUST AS WE WERE PROMISED. AND AS FAR AS CHECKING OUT THEIR LICENSING AND BEING A LADGET PROGRAM I HAVE CHECKED THEM OUT MYSELF AND FOUND THAT THEY ARE AND MY SONS PROBATION OFFICER AND THE COUNTY COURTS HAVE CHECKED AS WELL AND HAVE FOUND THEM TO BE IN THE TOP 3rd. BEST IN THE WORLD !IN FACT THE COURT AND PROBATION OFFICER REQUIRES A STEADY PROGRESS ON HIS WELL BEING AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. SO STOP SWEATING I'M SORRY ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE YOUR SON HAD AND ANY OTHER PROBLEMS YOU MAY HAVE EXPERENCED WITH ABTTC I'M NOT TRYING TO
      DOWN PLAY WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT THEM I'M JUST SAYING I KNOW FOR A FACT THE PROGRAM DOES EXIST AND FROM MY INSIDE INFORMATION, THE PLACE IS A BEAUTIFUL AND WARM PLACE TO GO AND RECEIVE THE HELP YOU NEED TO GET YOUR LIFE BACK ON TRACK.

THANK YOU LORILIE AT ABTTC. FOR ALL YOUR FAST ACTING RESPONSE
      INTO SAVING MY SON ONCE AGAIN!! I'LL BE PRAYING AS ALWAYS.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AT ABTTC. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!

LOVING CARING MOM IN TWAIN HARTE

• Su
      SueSLW Mar 25, 2012

I wrote previously but have additional info on this company...A Better Tomorrow abttc.net BUYER BEWARE read their website carefully. You will find every bit of information very abstract with nothing definative.They are not BBB members for a reason. The San Diego address they post on their website is a carpet cleaning business! ABTT is owned by Forterus and is also assiciated with Healthcare Services. Read up on Forterus...scary..you won't find much at all. Yet the "salesman" who sold this program to us will also be your contact person. If you ask to speak with someone above him you are supposed to email [email protected] Still after over a week I have yet to hear back from them.Each recovery house is supposed to be licensed and certified thru the state. I have to ck on the particular house on Monday withwww.adp.cahwnet.gov I do know that their Irongate Lane house in Murrieta has been revoked for some reason.Of course you can not check on the particulat rehab facility because they will not give you the address until he is placed!! Kinda too late to check on lic. and certs! Please do your homework as we wished we knew then that we do now!

• Su
      SueSLW Mar 25, 2012

We are in the middle of a real mess with these people as well. First, they placed our son into an unknown to us detox facility, part of ChapmanHouse that was a dive with not enough beds so people werre sleeping on sofas. At night with over 25 patients only one (6months clean) attendant to oversee them. A person was having a seizure with olny drug addicts to help him. No one could find the attendant. My son lay choking on his vomit for 20 minutes and ended up getting help from another resident! So, then they move himto an undisclosed to us facility and the only info we have is from the website for ABTT in sanDiego which is listed as a capet cleaning business.
      He sat at this place for a day and a half before he talked with his counselor. the first day there he saw a dr who wrote him a scrip for seraquel and trazadone (that which had helped him on his prior attempts). He goes for meds that night to find the dr had cancelled the order. My son was in there for dual diagnosis for anger and anxiety. this situation was now amplified. The only reason I was able to talk with his newly assigned counselor was because they were attempting to get him to sign intake papers (now at day 3). He would not as they were not giving him anything he needed and no promises of that. After all the problems we were experiencing with this company and my son's relay of his situation, I was in panic mode. Like someone else said they started to have phone problems I got disconnected and finally got thru to a voicemail and have yet to hear back from her. They gave him his phone, the $75 cash and placed his belongings outside. So he was just ripe to go use [email protected]! This particular house is at 2456 E. St San diego. I am in the process coming tomorrow to check with on their acccrediatation with www.adp.cahwnet.gov. They are not BBB members. BEWARE!