A and O Hostelskopenhagen dk-k1-7761 (ticket: ao-2602697)

N

your site crashes if too much information

to me

dear mr fraser,

thank you for your massage.

i confirm everything.

fon +[protected]
fax +[protected]
[protected]@aohostels.com
www.aohostels.com

_ it's not a hotel - it's a state of mind! — original message: — hi kira,

thank you very much for taking this seriously. it has not been easy. i explained to you that:

i arrived may 14th 2017

i explained that alex was on site and ws very good. he placed me in room 42 after seeing my loyalty card. everything was fine.

i was then moved to room 44. a polish girl moved in started screaming because there were boys in the room, i helped move her to a female dorm, and an african gentleman arrived at 5am walking me. i simplely went to the bathroom and he started threatening me, making racist comments and at 7:30am i went to reception. they were scared and dint know what to do telling me to wait till 10am until martin arrives. a male student asked me to escort him to my room. again it kicked off. the receptionist said he would be removed immediately. i had to grab what i could and left for 4 days. i arrived back and the gentleman was still in room 44 and threatening me again. staff wasnt sure wha to do and i was moved tp room 39 at 1am. the room was oppucied and everyone was woken up. i didnt get any sleep, missed my appointments, busted my ankle with all the chaos. the student never recored the event. i spoke to martin and florian, nothing happened. i asked if i could email alex and was told no.

my phone went missing, my laptop work charger, medication just gone. i went to resceptio and asked to use the phone which i was denied. another receptionist dealt with it and gave me his phone.

my key card has never worked since i got here with florian not aware of my my card never works.

i have spent a serious amount of money at a and o both in germany and denmark.

today the same guy who would not let me use the phone refused gto help with a broken card reader on the washing machine. after putting in 25 dkk and would not accept the other 10 dkk the receptionist stated i stole the money because the machine always dispenses. after asking reception for 10 minutes to call martin. martin arrived.

i explained to martin that the receptionist was shouting across the room stating i alwsys cause him a problem and the staff hate me. to then be called a thief is ridiculous and highly offensive. martin agreed.

at no point has anyone called me, spoke to me, apologised absolutely nothing. kira was the only one who took on board what i was stating was horrendous behaviour. she kindly acted on it after speaking with me today. i have now had expense that wasnt need, was seriously threatened with grievious bodly harm, had my phone stolen, my ankle is now busted. i ask reception for ice every day. when i get my passports back i think its a good idea i leave. i most definately need to be compensated for this.

*kira can you write back just confirming that you stated you wrote everything down.*

thank you very much kira.

senior it manager

on tue, jun 13, 2017 at 7:33 pm, a&o hotels and hostels wrote:
dear mr fraser,

i have just spoken again with my boss about what happened in our a&o hostel in copenhagen to you.

he told me that he wrote directly after your call an email to our feedback team and one to the manager of the a&o hostel.

project manager

attachmentsjun 14 (8 days ago)

a and o hostel,

firstly i am a loyality card member. i have sent thousands in a and o across europe.

i was promied a call back today from complaints department which has not replied for over a week. aftr explaining to kira what has transpred here she said 'i would be going crazy if that hppened to me a and o has to do something'.

i called on sunday and spoke to feedback who said yes that is horrendous complaints have to do something. no call back.

i arrived may 14. day one card never worked even today. please see updated broken card form

ale was my go to guy when he was here. he was engaging and polite. once the other staff took over i have been treated like a dog. there are a few staff in particular tht have made it very clear they dont like me some refusing to talk to me which appears to also include the manaer florian behnke. why he has a problem with me im not sure but considering whats going on here walks past me like im a ghost. no apology nothing. some of the staff ive seen sniggering at my situation, refusing to serve me at reception.

since i arrived in a and o hostel may 14 2017 for rest and recouperation:

a polish girl placed in my room screaming. i fix the situation by organising a female dorm. african gentleman threatened to kill me for going to the bathroom, screaming and shouting for two hours. a and o staff refused to deal with it because they were students then put my back in the same dangerous situation. i then had to leave the building because it became very dangerous. a member of a and o staff promised he would be escorted off the premise. my phone went missing, medication, money, creams, laptop cables.

one staff member said 'thank god he is gone'.

had to send a day in hospital regarding my ankle. dr hamad najmaddin said i have injured my ankle and need rest or see a specialist at besogssammendrag.

four days later i come back. put in the same room with the african guy, wants to fight again, now my ankle is really busted. a and o refuse to do anything. put in room 39 everyone angry because everyone woken up. no apology nothing. told i should be happy i have a new room. no sorry, no refund, staff wont speak to me.

then i spoke to an asian gentleman and told him what happened. his allet was also stolen.

i have used the washer and dryer over 5 times. the machine does work sometimes. staff refused to help me laughing and sniggering, then florian a student staff member lied about how the machine operated, called me a theif stealing 25 dkk, martin is aware of all of this, nothing happens, the same member of staff starts shouting at me in reception sying none of the staff like you. i asked martin to have thihs behaviour stopped. time after time martin agree the behaviour is outragous and nothing happens.

again last night around 10:30 while i am trying to relax a staff member brings a complaining asian lady in the room. asian lady screaming that the other gentleman in the room is a drunk. the member of staff turns to me and said he is a long term person at a and o and he is normal?! really!!! its absolutely outrageous. this goes on for twenty minutes to the point i told the staff member its massively inappropriate behaviour. its like i am not a paying guess but someone you can say anything too. its become very bad.

i get my passports back that were taken on friday. i would like to be fully compensated for this. i understand its not the hilton but this now appears to be targeting me.

again today, like every other day my key card does not work. florian the house manager just refuses to talk to me. i told kira twice what happened and she was absolutely shocked the way i have been treated. i spoke to the boss of bookings who advised me to book a single room which is not really the point.

kira informed me:

she gave franziska dessaules and johanna teufl all the information. she promised the manager of booking has all the information and has emailed a and o copenhagen and the complaints managers, kira confirmed all of the above it is now 14:26pm the day after and i await the call. i confirm with martin he received the complaint and florian the house manager walked past me with his headphones and didnt say a word. not even acknowlegement..

would like an explanation why i am being treated like this and a refund.

senior it manager

project manager

attachmentsjun 16 (6 days ago)

to feedback

dear a and o

this has still not been resolved properly. i have told a couple of guests what has been going on and they were shocked. i ot martin to attach his version of events. i have no idea what it states because its in german.

i also spoke to the security guard who is the only one who has dealt with this professionally.

the security guard confirmed:

if someone threates to kill you it has to be logged and reported to the police. it wasnt.

the security guard cofirmed his boss has been notified and a report was logged stating i was threatened and had my belongings stolen. he said all a and o staff were notified about this gentleman which martin confirmed.

the security guard stted this needs to be dealt with correctly because it was very dangerous and because it was not it has escalated into a mess where i have staff shouting at me 'non of the staff like you'. everything is logged in the security report written on 5.6.17 at 5am. please request a copy of this report. it is a and o's legal obligation to do so.

i have been told several times i will get a call back from feed back and nothing happens. i called your call centre yesterday and the frau looked at my account and stated she has no idea whats going on with my account non of it makes sense.

please deal with this correctly.

to a&o, feedback

i do find it totally incredible. a gentleman arrived. had alchohol. a litte different but no big deal. an asian lady cutsomer who just arrived was brought into my room while i am trying to work and trying to get me to say the guy is a drunk because it makes her unconfortable. she made one complaint after meeting this guy once wanted wanted him kicked out then wanted me to verify her story. i asked the staff member and asian lady to not have this discussion in front of me or get me involved. so i have my phone stolen, guy threatened to kill me, racial slurs, busted ankle, loyalty member, moved room in the night, called a thief by staff over 25 dkk and a lady makes a complaint about nothing and staff are running eerywhere. really unbelievable.

on fri, jun 16, 2017 at 8:30 pm, project manager wrote:

dear mr winters,

firstly, i would like to apologise for having to contact the ceo of a hostel chain but i feel i have no choice.

i am an it manager who is off sick at the moment hense i travelled to copenhagen to rest. i have stayed in other a and o hostelsgermany with no problem. i was advised there is a new hostel opening in copenhagen so i travelled north to relax.

on arrival:
alex greeted me, fixed my accomodation and placed me in an 8 bed dorm even though i have a loyality card. no problem.
then i was asked to move to room 44 which is a 6 bed dorm. i said ok no problem. a polish girl was sent to my room who was screaming because there was gentlemen in to room and she asked for a female dorm. i fixed it. i ussually try and help other guests.
that night a large african gentleman came in the room at 5am, moving everything so i woke up. i went to the bathroom, he started shouting at me. i asked him to stop. he didnt. it got worse saying i kill you white man, it got worse and worse at 7:30am i went to reception. both a male and female were working. both becme very stressed and asked me to go to the room with them which placed me back in a bad situation. i had to grab what i could and get out of the room. i have a bad left ankle and i damaged it again. the receptionist said he would have the gentleman escorted off the premises. i said i would leave for a few days because i dont want any trouble.
realising half my things are missing i go back to room 44 where the gentleman in question is still there at 1am 4 days later. again more threats.in a panic the reception put me in room 39, everyone got woke up, not happy, no one could sleep, i missed my appointments and the atmosphere towards me went very sour. the next day i explained to guests what happened and they were shocked. i was told both managers were informed but when i spoke to them they said they knew nothing about it.
no apology from staff, no acknowledement nothing. told to contact feedback which i have now done several times over a long period of time. i also called and spoke to kira at the booking office who said she 'would have gone crazy if treated like this'. she noted everything down and sent an email confirming.
feedback point black refuse to call me. just refuse to call. i called again yesterday and the girl said there are strange notes on my account, she could see i have sent thousands of euros at a and o and could not understand the booking information or why i was being treated like this.
thereafter, trying to make a legitimate complaint, staff started treating me very badly. if i ask for a coffee it was now put in a paper cup. if i use the washer and dryer and it wont accept my dkk a staff member acussed me of robbing the coin machine for the washer and dryer. just unbelievable. i asked to speak to martin (front desk manager) for ten minutes while staff think it hillarious, florian shouts across the reception from the bar 'none of the staff like you, why dont you leave'. regularly ignored by staff at reception or refuse to hep. i looked at him in dismay, martin arrived and said that behaviour is unacceptable and florian came running over to martin and apologised to him not me.
the security guard and female reception checked the records and nothing was logged, no one was told, no one knew. the security guard immediately took a full description of events, officially logged it, told his supervisor at his security office and told me they are independant of a and o hostels. he said staff is aware and all a and o staff were informed about the assult.
no one said anything to me. all i was told: i have a new room whats the problem.
since the incident with the african gentleman my card never works. every morning when i go out and come back its blocked. i did buy a lot of pizza and beer here and after what transpired i refuse to do that now.
a couple of days ago a harmless austrian guy came in room 39. no problem. after everything, a staff member brought a screaming asian women into my room at 10pm and both were trying to convince me that he was a drunk and should get kicked out. i said i am a guest please take this outside as i am trying to work. this went on for 10 minutes. it has been confirmed to me that staff members have a problem with me.

in summary:
i was attacked.
i had money, phone and charger taken.
a and o staff logged nothing which is against the law.
i left on my on accord even though i was still paying to calm the situation.
i was promised he would be escorted off the premise which he was not and allowed to stay at my expense.
caused me massive stress, several missed days, appointments, busted my left ankle, medicl bills, had to get a bandage.
no apology from staff. certain staff now refuse to talk to me.
accused of stealling 25dkk from a metal box drying machine.
student staff member shout across reception that non of the staff like me and leave.
staff engaging me in arguments with other customers regarding other customer behaviour. just bad. really bad.
feedback refuse to call me. i have written several emails. i received one email from feedback that made no sense, factually incorrect and did not answer any of my questions.
i spke to security again who stated this really needs to be dealt with because it was officially logged by him and a and o staff copenhagen knew yet did nothing.
the amount of money i have spent never mind lost has been huge nevermind the affects to my health.
i have had no issues like this with a and o and i am supposed to be a loyality member.

oliver as a ceo please treat this with the seniority that it deserves. i dont deserve to be treated like this as a loyality memeber never mind a regular paying guest.

i have now booked other accomodation and will leave on tuesday. i have informed the front desk manager and i need to be reimbursed properly for what happened. it was shocking. there is a trail of these emails dating for weeks. no response.

i have cc'd tpg as they are the american owner of a and o hostels.

it manager

they will definitely call you back tomorrow!

the guy you spoken with is: manfred görns.

thank you for your patience.

best regards