800 608 0575Overcharging for phone call

While using my visa check card to make a phone call that lasted about 5 minutes, I was charged a month later approximately 70 US Dollars. This is unacceptable.

• Di
    diegop Oct 03, 2011

I got charged 11 US$ for a 2 min local call from Herning st, DK. I used my VISA and I even remember the display on the phone saying max charge = 75DKK. Anyways a scam that teaches me not to use my credit card on a public phone in Europe.

• Investigative guy Aug 31, 2011

John Mattes here with Investigative guy
    Yes you summed it up correctly.It is time to stand up to the scam
    Let us fight for you and refunds for all those scammed by BBG Write giving us details of how they scammed you. Send to [email protected]
    See all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

Comments

• Mo
    Moonie1 Jul 11, 2011

I recently had to make an emergency call on my Visa card while at Schiphol Airport and got my bank statement that showed "Holland Telecom" had patched me through to this company and I made a call to a U.S. cell number for $42 for leaving a message in under a minute. This is telecom "highway robbery" in the grandest scale. Put these thieves out of business!

Marc-Andre Nadeau Mar 14, 2011

Hello,

I got scammed as well...41.95 for a call that lasted less than a minute, they say the minimal fee is 15$ for the connexion and 5.38$ a minute but they charge 5 minutes minimum on any given call. But i never talked for a minute, I got my friends answering machine and hung up...time of call, max...40 seconds!!

I was staying in Frankfurt Hotel (the NH) and the number of this Telecom company was writen on the phone, my bad for not asking the rate, but it seemed like a ligitimate company and it was on my hotel's phone number.
    After talking with them, they refunded 16.70$.

I will be emailing you John very shortly.
    Cheers!

• Investigative guy Sep 27, 2010

The BBG/ Faircall/ International Satellite Communications scam must be stopped
    John Mattes here at Investigativeguy.com .We are talking to consumers around the globe and asking for details of how they got scammed by BBG./ International SatelliteCommunications / faircall ... so we can take action. The scam has gone on for at least 5 years at hotels and pay phones all over the world.If enough consumers stand up we can end the scam .Write giving us details of how they scammed you. Send to [email protected]
    See all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

• Wo
    WorldTravelerSince91 Sep 23, 2010

I just got charged $41+ by `call from Holland`(which uses this same 800 number) for a 2-minute call from a hotel in Holland - once I found this out, I used the hotel`s switchboard and was charged a mere $4 for the same number and same timing.

Unfortunately, I had used this service twice (for a total of $82+ for a whopping 4 minutes) before the charges appeared on my statement. I had no luck finding any contact information for them in Europe at all.

Now back in the USA, I have tried to call the company or (now I have internet again) to find any information for them, and it`s hopeless - now I`ve found out they are trying to tack on additional charges of about $1 per call under the name `call from val`.

I`m having to fight with my bank over this, because of course this company provided no receipts, and the hotel manager - who told me it shouldn`t cost more than about 10 euros ($13 those days) when I asked about this service, which the NH hotels advertise in their rooms! - is refusing to make any written statement for me. Apparently the NH policy is not to make statements about `third party disputes`like this. Super.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS use the hotel switchboard, that way you can argue the charges directly with the hotel.

• Su
    suefly Jan 02, 2010

I placed a long distance call from a pay phone at a train station in Bregenz, Austria to US cell number of a colleague (who was about 4 blocks away in Austria) to find out how to meet him. I was on the phone less than a minute and was charged $24.31 on my Visa bill listed as "Call from Austr Jul [protected]". Also was charged a $0.95 "call from val fee [protected]" and then credited the same $0.95 charge on the same Visa bill. I have recently discovered a web site http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-608-0575/4#pQPmsCn_76ADbkgjMWdutGw that indicates this company is a scam operation that overcharges for calls, and has refunded half or all of the charges for other callers.

• Au
    Aurora Bordealis Sep 19, 2009

I made a <5 min call from Frankfurt, Germany (airport) to Seattle and was billed $62.00 on my Visa credit card. None of the rates were published on the phone and I don't recall accepting anything. Anyone had success getting their money back?

• Da
    Dana Apr 03, 2009

I used a pay phone at the airpoort and was charged $22.00 for a call that lasted approx. 10 SECONDS! What recourse is there to take with this company?