74 South AutoScam and cheating

J

I purchased a car from 74 South Auto. I have had the car less then a month an the engine has gone bad when I asked the dealer to fix the engine the owner said he will not fix it. When I asked about trading the car in he said he is willing to do that.

I went to 74 south auto today and spoke with the owner (Les) I ask3ed how much he would give me for a trade in on another car he told me he can give me $700.00. That is less then half of what I paid for the car. I told him I have only had the car for less then a month an he (les) the owner an his mechanic both overly assured me there weren't any major problems with the car.

Now after 3 weeks an less then 300 miles the engine needs to be replaced an he is refusing to replace it or give me a fair trade in on the vehicle. When I told the owner(Les) he was being unfair an ripping me off he said there was nothing more he can do for me an the vehicle unless I wanted to purchase another vehicle but hes still charging me full price for another car.

So I warn everyone in the York Redlion area don't purchase a vehicle from 74 South Auto your going to get scammed an ripped off then he will try to take more money from you.

• Xx
    xxBadGirlxx29 Sep 01, 2010

I'm commenting on this because I know this business very well. Les is a mechanic there and sells the cars. Judy is the owner who sits in the front office. I agree with what you have said and I would try going to the BBB with your complaint and tell them exactly what happened and what was told to you. Although you were offered $700 for it and it was probably an AS IS car, the BBB isn't going to do much if anything because 74 South Auto Sales covered their rear end by offering the $700. Did you ask them what all was wrong with it when you bought it?

• Pe
    PeachesNCream Nov 21, 2010

I can agree with Jo, he tells you the price will be such and such and then when you go to get your car it's a couple hundred more than what he first told you, this business needs to be shut down

• Ba
    babygirl13 Oct 22, 2011

Um I disagree with you there I have been going to him for years and alsp bought his grandmas Buick off of him and I had no problem and when he sells a car he does tell you if there is anything he had fixed on the car and what was wrong with it when he got the car!!!He has taken care of my cars since my first one and as long as I'm in this area I will always keep going back!!!

• Ki
    kieb Apr 11, 2012

I have bought a couple cars from here over the years. I have never had a problem with them. I asked questions and even had my own mechanic check them out before-hand. So, if you went in there and blindly bought a car without having it checked out first, mistake 1. If you went in there and just took a 5 minute test drive, and bought the car based solely on the way the car looks or because you heard good things about that type of car, mistake 2. You asked for no warranty on an "AS IS" car, mistake 3. You are lucky they even offered you $700 back for the car, he had every right to tell you that it's your problem as all the cars there, unless otherwise discussed are "AS IS" So the mistakes are your's and so is the car with the blown motor.
    Bottom line: Do your research, ask questions, listen when the man talks (because he does).