71769unwantedtext messaging on my phone fraudulantdownloading of ringtones scam

D

i was offered a free ringtone for my wireless phone i submitted my information to find out that my phoine wasnt compatiable with this company so then i recieved a joke on my phone in the form of a text message and was told that i would be charged $9.99 per month for the use....i never signed up for this and i dont know what to do about it ... if you can help me get these people please do !!!!!

• To
    Tommy Chang Feb 24, 2010

This is really true. They are really robbers. Who can stop it? This is urgent and necessary.

• Eu
    Eugene2 Sep 09, 2009

I got an unauthorized $9.99 monthly charge on my cell phone bill. I called Funmobile's customer service line and talked to a man in India. He argued that I indeed authorized the charge. Then he lied about the name of the company and insisted that Funmobile did not even have a phone number at all. That Funmobile did not even have a phone.

Funmobile Games, Inc.
    Boston, MA
    617.722.4125

CARLS0225 Aug 21, 2009

i called that day and spoken to one of the customer service from the company and his name is caleb, he was very rude to me and the line was also being cut off. i try call back and another guy pick up the call, his name is chris and i told him i was being charge for 49.97 as inform by verizon wireless, the charge is not authorised by me, they are scam. i request to speak to the manager and a guy name charles answered the call and told me he is the team leader of the call centre and he is not helpful at all, this company is scamming my money. and they told me thier call centre at sydney australia, but they don sound like australian and i remember they are chinese and they are from malaysia as what the 1st guy who name caleb told me. totally scam. when i deal with charles, when inform me that his manager name kenneth lim. Lim is a chinese ppl surname. all of them are ### idiot ###er. ###. useless and no contribution to the world.

• Ka
    kato223 Jan 02, 2009

I was getting the texts, but to cancel them, and it states it on their website, send "STOP" to 71769.

Casey Lipok Nov 10, 2008

My wife has been getting charged an average of $10.39 per month since April 08 for something we didn't authorize. The CSN [protected] is a dead end. So far I have found info that the company is based out of the UK. I called my cell phone company and had the subscription blocked and should see those charges stop. I will keep digging to see if I can find a valid contact number.

Andre Dickson Jul 03, 2008

This number got me to a call center who takes calls for ringtonetimes.com. The business is located in Boston under the name Funmobile Games Inc. Their Address is 197 Portland St. Boston, MA 02114. I don't know how to use this information against these ### but i'd love to hear if someone does.

• 57
    57551 Apr 23, 2008

Call this number to stop these jokes [protected] please let me know if this works for you.

• 57
    57551 Apr 23, 2008

how do you get this off my phone? I don't have texting on my phone so how do i text them to stop?

Carrie Mar 11, 2008

I'm dealing with the same problem and have been charged $23.96 on my cell phone for something that I did not sign up for and it is really stupid. This is a SCAM and someone needs to do something about this.