40/40 clubThey robbing people

J

I hope someone lets Jay Z read his comments about his club. I went to the 40/40 club on 4/11/09 in Atlantic City for my 24th birthday with 20 of my friends and the bouncers were RUDE. First off, they took 7 of my friends cover charge and didn’t let us in the club because 1 of my friends had on all black sneakers. Other people were coming up on the line with white skippy sneakers and were getting let into the club.

One of your lady bouncers came out and said if we want to get in pay me $260. So we told them to at least put the $70 cover charge we just paid towards the $260, the lady said “no, why am i even talking to you’ll?” and she walked away.

Not only did we not go in the club, but they didn’t give us our money back that my friends paid. I am outraged that they pick and chose what type of sneakers they were letting in the club.

This is straight from your website:
There is never a cover charge at the 40/40 Club

From a real business aspect, if you calculate how much they would have made from us going inside the club from the 20 people just paying $10 each for cover charge thats $200 right there and even if we just bought 1 drink each inside the club, they would have made more money off of us.
The $260 was going inside their pockets, they wasn’t thinking about the money we were going to spend inside the club because that would have been Jay Z’s money.

We came there in a stretch limo navigator and I was planning on buying bottles in the club, but just because 1, I repeat 1 of my guests out of 20 guests had on a pair of shoes that wasn’t up to their standards, we did not get let in.

I felt like i was robbed by the 40/40 club. They made us pay cover charge and knew they weren’t going to let us in the club. I am extremely upset and will not let this go unheard. I want Jay Z to be made aware of how his workers are treating his fans out there. I would never go to any 40/40 club a day in my life and will tell everybody I know and post this on every review about the 40/40 club because they are robbing people there.

• Mi
    Mikaj5 May 05, 2012

I plann on going to 40/40 club in June for boyfriend birthday...I keep hearing bad reviews. Should I still go. Or don't waste my money