2000 Chevy MalibuTerrible experience!

I have had my 2000 malibu for four years now. Since I bought my malibu I have had nothing, but problems with it. Two days after I took it home it was back in the dealership getting the breaks looked at because the ABS light kept coming on. The car went in about 4 more times after that until they found the problem. (Velocity Joint) Then right after this was all fixed I thought I was in the clear of problems. For the last 3 1/2 years now my anti-theft system light will come on and my car will not start right away, i will have to wait 10-15 minutes for the light to shut off to start, then sometimes it will happen more then once at one time. I'm just wondering if you know of a solution or did chevy just make a ### product and doesn't want to hold themselves accountable for it.

• Ba
    Barbara Yhip Sep 09, 2008

Having the same problem with my 99 Malibu. It is arealy pain and Chevy won't do a recall to fix this problem and dealers keep getting rich doing diagonostic tests for hundreds of dollars.

• Ka
    Karen Marquardt Oct 23, 2008

It is time to take action for these ### Chevys! Anyone who is interested in being a part of making the manufacturer of such a death trap account for this evil vehicle can contact me. Especially if your AntiTheft light comes on while driving! The Greed of expensive and useless repairs stop here! Please email me with your stories if you have a problem with the Anti Theft Light, Engine Dies, especially while in motion, or Locked up Steering problems with the 2000 Cheve Malibu LS series.
    Thank you, your time will be well worth it.
    Sincerely,
    Karen A Marquardt
    Greenville, SC

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices