1StopBedroomsordered a couch

YOU GUYS CAN FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION CONSUMER AFFAIRS. I HAVE ALREADY FILED A COMPLAINT BUT MORE HAVE TO FILE IF THEY HAVENT ALREADY. ALSO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL HAVE A CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPT AND THE COMPLAINTS SHOULD GO TO THE STATE THIS COMPANY IS LOCATED IN.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION SAYS WITH THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT INTERNET ORDERS HAVE TO BE DELIVERED WITHIN 30 DAYS OR CUSTOMER HAS A RIGHT TO CANCEL FOR A FULL REFUND! PLUS THERE SHOULD BE A COOLING OFF PERIOD FOR LARGE PURCHASES AND NOT JUST 24 HOURS. IT ALSO SAYS YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO REFUSE DELIVER OF BROKEN ITEMS BUT 1STOP IS TELLING PEOPLE THEY HAVE TO ACCEPT DELIVER AND THEY WILL "REPAIR OR REPLACE."

I ordered a couch on Sept 8. As soon as I placed the order I get some kind of estimated shipping dates (several dates like 3 days for this, one week for that, 2-5 weeks for that) but no exact date. I call right away and say if my couch is going to take that long please cancel. The guy in the phone says no just wait 24 hours for company to acknowledge your order and then you'll get your expected delivery date. He also said the furniture usually comes within 2 weeks and no later than 4 weeks. Then if it's too long I can cancel then. Well that's crazy because now they are saying you can't cancel after 24 hours unless I send them a copy of my drivers license AND agree to pay them over $1000 for a $1500 purchase restocking fee. What is there to restock after 24 hours and a simple acknowledgment?
Regardless, I get a delivery date that is just a few weeks so I wait. Fast forward to a month later and still had heard nothing from the company. I call them and they say oh your order is at the white glove delivery company and they tried to call you this morning to set up a delivery date. No one called but so I call the number they gave me for the white glove company. White glove place says they have been calling, texting, and emailing for a week, no true. Then they say they can deliver on Oct 17th. I asked if they could come sometime after 12 they said no, could be any time that day would have to wait all day or be liable for a restocking fee (a huge one) if I missed. I said what other days do you have, they said nothing. Said they only ship one day every two weeks and they don't know what the next date, but they could call me when they find out.
I call the company 1stop and said just cancel, not waiting another month or two. They said can't cancel without my drivers license and promise to pay over $1000. Then they call deliveright on 3 way and now deliveright has NO delivery dates for whole month of October and don't know when they can deliver. Said they filled up while we were on the phone. They both say they will call me back next day, a week later I got no call but then get an email saying I accepted a delivery date for Oct 24th and if I don't cancel that date there is a fee for not being there but they added that the fee to cancel my order is greater. 😡 The place is crazy and has to be a scam. No one should be treated like this, I'm so stressed out about AND have no furniture. When I tried to call the delivery company about the 24th I got no answer and no way to leave a message. I did email them saying I can't do the 24th, that's a month away and I don't know how that date got confirmed. The last I heard they were full on that day. The email was ignored cause it still says delivery scheduled on the 24th and if they don't answer the phone for people to cancel how can they charge you for a missed delivery? By looking at the reviews I don't think they actually have furniture or they are sending the ones who actually do decide to wait months broken crap! With these wait times and the fees they want it's either that or they are selling knock offs from out of the country!

Oct 10, 2019