1Stop Bedroomszero communication, false statements from support; fake online reviews

R

Despite being happy with the sofa quality and an OK price (thus the extra star), the company promised 6-8 weeks delivery and it arrived in 11 weeks.

ZERO communication (other than we were charged immediately) regarding shipping status or delivery. We called the 800 number (several emails went unanswered) and were put on hold 10-30 minutes each time. They must have one person in Support, as I got the same person each time. Each call resulted in unfulfilled promises- outright lies! Add weeks to whatever is said. One call finally resulted in the discovery that it was finally at the delivery company, days later. That company did not call us and we had to have a 3-way call to arrange for delivery. The call would not have happened had we not be proactive in tracking it, probably resulting in OUR default and a 30% restocking fee.

Fortunately the sofa arrived eventually and there was nothing wrong with it. I cannot imagine if something had been wrong and dealing with Support.

After all of this we discovered the price had fallen several hundred dollars in the interim. We asked for a discount due to the pain and the answer was "I'll look into it"... nothing. Zero response.

We unfortunately ordered the wrong facing chaise and ordered a new one (granted our mistake). They offered a slight discount (it was the price when offered as part of the set - woohoo) due our troubles and then promised it would be delivered in 1 week. It's been 10days and counting... zero communication, another 15 minute call hold, and a promise made of a few more days. Not holding my breath on the new date and I'm sure I'll have to call them to arrange delivery again.

Terrible experience and you are throwing the dice with this company. BTW, I cannot see how the reviews here are accurate.

• Th
    The worst ever 1,000,000 Nov 21, 2017

1STOPBEDROOMS is the worst. Jeffery G is so rude and will not provide us with a number to his supervisor or manager. He is very unethical and his customer service is so bad. If the owners only knew the business they are losing the way this loser is handling there business. They have our 2, 700 dollars of hard earned money and we do not have any furniture. We have gone to the BBB and filed a complaint and next I’m going to my financial Institution. They said furniture would arrive in 2-4 weeks and it’s week 9 1/2 they tried to deliver this damaged scratched up stuff. But the movers loaded it back on the truck. And that was at week 6. We want our money back. Please please read all of the horrible reviews. There not lying when they say 30 min wait times on the phone. Same rude child woman answering there phone. Damaged scratched furniture. They don’t care they have your money. Someone with authority should do something about these people.

Cheryl Crooms Jan 21, 2020

@The worst ever 1,000,000 Jeffery G is "supposedly" the CEO! Disgusting!!!

• Gr
    GRDancison Aug 21, 2018

This place is scam. We placed our order on Dec 10, 2017. We have yet to received the items we ordered. After many attempts to talk to someone in customer service, Audrey Lampert, who claims to be the CEO, responded to me in an email that I would receive my order by Jan 18, 2018. Still waiting...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM!

• Jj
    jjjjohnson77766 Aug 21, 2018

Refused to respond to MANY emails…
    Refused to respond to MANY emails regarding a item that was delivered damage. Delivery service does not know how to assemble furniture and left another item seriously unstable and a hazard. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

• As
    Ashlon Nov 12, 2019

The absolute worst company on the planet. Takes advantage of you. I bought an entire bedroom suite in July- it’s now November and I still don’t have a refund or furniture that i ordered. I did open a claim with my bank who helped me for about two months by giving me money but they said I had to deal directly with the company and took that money back. I’ve tried numerous times with phone calls and emails to get a refund. They said they can’t give me furniture or a refund because I have a claim open. This is not true. The claim closed back in October and I even sent proof of that letter to this company.

So here I am posting my experience and hoping one day I can get that money back. I’ve let them know ahead of time I will post one bad review for them a week until I see a partial refund... because that’s all they will give me. They gouge you with ridiculous fees to keep most of your money. I’m still mad that they are keeping over HALF of my hard earned money. But eventually I will get a refund if I have to post a review every week for the rest of my life. I will.

I’m warning others. Do not even go on their websites. They will take all your money and give you nothing in return. I tried to get people to help me and they just hang up on me over the phone.

The lady I’ve been emailing insist she can’t do anything until a claim is closed... they are just trying to keep my money and so hope forget about bothering them.

Who’s with me out there? Y’all want to go leave bad reviews on my behalf until I see my money back?

Cheryl Crooms Jan 21, 2020

@Ashlon They want me to donate a broken table they sent me before I can get my full refund! I told them I do not donate broken items. I agree with you. File a police report and file a complaint with BBB and FCR. I'm with you, I will not stop until I get my money back from these creeps!

• Ca
    Candy1957 Nov 24, 2019

Order #8373399 placed on 11/10/2018.
    Larkinhurst Earth Sofa - $567.00.
    Notified on 11/24/18 that sofa was damaged.
    I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau on 1/20/2019.
    ID#[protected].

One year later and I still do not have a sofa!

I would like a refund of $567.00.

Candace Ree
    425 St. Francis Court
    Anoka, MN 55303
    763.227.3334

Comments

Cheryl Crooms Feb 02, 2020

They are scammers! They are NOT even located at that address because I drove there and there is NO 1stopbedroom!!! Cowards show your faces! We ought to start a class act lawsuit against these thieves. And Jeffery the so called CEO and his cohorts should all be arrested for robbery!!!

• Ga
    Gabriela N. Anderson Jul 10, 2020

I suggest a class action ASAP. I believed the online reviews and ordered a bed+accessories (mattresses) at $2321.16. I called and spoke with a rep first to ensure they did have the item I wanted, a bed, and he confirmed 100%. After charging my card the full amount, 3 days later they informed by email that they don't have the bed but will deliver the accessories. I do not want accessories absent the bed, but it's impossible to get anyone on the phone. This is DTPA:
    1. false advertizing and charging funds for a product they don't have.
    2. avoidance of client (hoaxers' style)
    3. misrepresentation - the client would not have bought if the merchant had not lied
    I see this is a pattern, BBB warns of it, the fake reviews can be proven perhaps -- I trust a CLASS ACTION is due. Please contact me if interested: [email protected]

• Di
    Diane c. Miller Jul 28, 2020

Still waiting on furniture offered on 4/9/2020...2 delivery dates and always.. doesn't pass quality. Im obtaining an attorney.. if anyone would like to start a class action suit with me.. please send your info to [email protected]

• Ki
    King V Aug 01, 2020

Man. I wish i had read this before i clicked submit. On 7/18/ 2020 i purchased a 3 Piece Gail Sectional By meridian for $1916 with Free Delivery through Affirm. I paid $1166 to affirm and affirm paid 1stop the $1916. On 7/21/2020 1stop sent me a email stating my order was getting ready ti ship. However the time frame was 21 days to 4 weeks. It was at that moment i became so concerned. Later in the same day 1stop sent me an email stating "please call to verify billing and shipping". I felt it was odd because i gave the shipping info at check out. Once i got them on the phone which was challenging. I was told that my home was 600 miles away from their white glove facility an that they needed $399 for delivery. I declined, i was then asked to pay half, i declined. I was then asked to pay the taxes. I declined and told the rep the agreement was for free delivery. I asked that it be cancelled he stated he had to send it to a customer relations specialist. I felt that was odd because thats how loop holes are created. I gave them the benefit of doubt. The very next day, i received a shipping confirmation email. It was at this point i became incredibly scared. I contacted 1stop and was told my order was shipping. I asked the rep what happened to the $399. They pretended the convo or the request to cancel never happened. I was told again that they would follow the process and call me back. It was at this point things went down hill tremendously. I was never able to get anyone else on the phone. I called 5xs a day during my shift at work and left on hold 45 mins each an when someone came on they would hang up. It wasnt until 7/30/2020 after many attempts while trying to be at work, i finally got a woman on the phone who was the worst. I mean it was like talking to a trained criminal. You could tell that she was privy to the antics but unaffected and totally insane. Total disrespect foe my time, money and me as a person. Once i communicated the debacle that is this situation she agreed to escalate to a manager, but under no circumstances would i be able to speak with one that day. 2 days later i received a email stating i owed them $708 in shipping costs. Never mind the fact that i have email proof that they stopped shipping and contacted me and asked me for money to ship. Going against the entire agreement of free shipping. Lied about cancelling it and buried me in bureaucracy in a effort to defraud me. I have recorded phone conversations and email proof. I had to do a charge back to Affirm whom i haven't been convinced isn't a unwilling participant in this scam. Chargebacks are not permanent. Its possible these people can tell more lies and make me responsible for fees THEY WERE NOT ACCESSED by the mere fact they they never shipped anything!!!. Its totally disgusting. I have banked with Bank Of America since 1997 when they were Nations Bank. The fact that i may have to close my account to keep these people from dipping into my account is unheard of. I will continue this fight for as long as it takes. I will never give up.

MADCustomer40 Sep 02, 2020

Ordered furniture May 28th, 2020 on their website and says the furniture will be delivered by July 7th. While processing the order online on May 28th, i completed my payment and then on the receipt it had my address incorrect! So I have to call them and it takes a ton repeated attempts of holding for over a hour to finally get someone on the phone 4 or 5 hours after placing my order and they say they can correct my address but then they mention I didn't purchase bed rails for my bed. There was ZERO mention of them not being included & there was not even an option to purchase them when I was completing my order online! So they charge me another $150 which now makes the price of the bed to be equal to another competitor I was going to order from but I also chose 1stopbedrooms because they said the delivery would be within 4-6 weeks (and this was accounting for all the expected delays with Covid-19). So after finally getting my address corrected and paying the $150, they bring up the fact that i need to pay $50 for a set of stairs!!! ZERO mention of this online either!!! I totally think they are a TOTAL SCAM!!! The furniture i ordered was on backorder with EVERY other site almost but somehow they can get me the furniture 4-6 weeks and they are cheaper so this is why i even chose them in the first place. Also I think they intentionally get your address wrong so you have to call to add the rails etc to you so you end up spending more than the total price shows online!!
    So now I keep checking my online account almost every day because the status says AWAITING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & so I call about a week into my order and the rep tells me that the manufacturer hasn't acknowledged my order yet. So I keep on checking and it stays in Awaiting Acknowledgement for weeks and the delivery date is come and gone and its now July 27th over 20 days later and says its now SEPTEMBER 2ND!!! NO PHONE CALL OR NO EMAIL TO LET ME KNOW OF THE DELAY! BUT STILL SAYS AWAITING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!! So I basically believe they are SCAMMERS & this furniture has been backordered the entire time with ZERO Intention of delivering anyone any furniture ever!! July 27th I call and call to cancel the furniture because my daughter HAS no furniture in her bedroom apartment & NO ONE can tell us when it's coming but would be at least middle of September now!!! Marie calls back after we left an option to be called back and it was at almost 9 pm!! Says she will email a confirmation of the cancelation AND NEVER MENTIONED ANY CANCELLATION FEE OR RESTOCKING FEE!! She said it would like several days to see the refund!!! THIS FURNITURE NEVER OBVIOUSLY LEFT THE ASHLEY MANUFACTURING PLANT!! How can they charge you a dime if you can't even give me a expected date of delivery because obviously it's backordered!!! and it was NOT backordered when we purchased!!! So nothing online account shows the order was cancelled so we keep calling back and they keep saying it takes several days to process!! So i didn't trust anything they were saying to me so i contact PayPal Credit to tell them of my entire issue with the HORRIBLE company and they start an investigating to refund my money for products never received! So now FIVE weeks finally since any contact with 1stopbedrooms, and FINALLY received a cancellation request confirmation and telling me to give it 48 hours to be confirmed!!! What the heck have they been doing this entire time??? WHAT a joke!! and within a hour they send a cancelled email saying i am ONLY get a REFUND of $226.29!!! My entire order was $1, 274.46 and they are saying they are only refunding me $226.29!! Their should be NO restocking fee of any furniture that was backordered or cancelled when the dates of delivery kept changing without ZERO communication from them to ask me if this is ok for me still! Who can operate a business this way and stay in business?????? PayPal credit has credited my account for the total purchase price but they say that 1stopbedrooms has up to 2 billing cycles to rebut my claim.