1st National Merchant ServicesUnauthorized billing

P

Be careful of anyone telling you they represent Wells Fargo bank and that they can cut your credit card fees by switching credit card processors and what ever you do don't turn loose of your existing terminal to them!

This scam started with the salesman telling me that he can save me money because my bank and my credit card processor were all charging me a fee on my credit card settlements and that all credit cards are run through Wells Fargo anyway and by using him (Wells Fargo) I was essentially cutting out these other fees.

Thats what I was told and after the salesman reprogramed my terminal the problems started right away, my paper feed button and several other functions I was familiar with quit doing what they were supposed to.

The salesman was hinting around while he reprogrammed my terminal that it was old and didn't have enough memory and leaving the impression that I may need a new terminal to get things to work right again. (I wasn't buying into that since it was working just fine before so I kept it)

I received my first months bill from them and there was this $45 charge with no explanation and a week later another bill came and it had a $9.95 charge which apparently was the normal monthly charge which was just one of many things I was not made aware of when I signed up fact he conveniently didn't point out any of the fees in small print on the contract which would have been deal breakers right then.

We called the salesman about the $45 charge and he said they had made a mistake and we would get that credited back he also said the $9.95 charge is normal and most people are paying more than that even though he never mentioned it before when he was telling me how much money I was going to save.

I was unable to get the salesman to give me a straight answer after many phone calls after a few weeks of trying and I had even left messages as to what or when something could or would be done about it so I informed him I was canceling their service due to poor quality customer service.

I called the main office in Calabasas California after 1 month to inform them I was not using their service anymore and was calling them myself because I was positive the salesman wasn't going to do it himself.

This is where I found out about the $350 early cancel fee and that that was because it was a 3 year contract (another fact left out of the deal) and they had to submit my request to their cancel department which mat take up to 30 days and no guarantee they would even honor my request.

I was also informed by this person that if I went over her head and didn't wait for the process to complete as scheduled that 'they' apparently meaning the cancel dept would go ahead and slap me with the $350 fee and even an act of congress wouldn't change their minds.

I had no choice but to change all my bank account numbers and inform my banks to be watching for any fees these people would no doubt be attempting to charge back my bank accounts. I am not paying any such fee not a chance.

This is in itself a costly ordeal because of the business checks are bought by the thousand and so on now are useless and need replaced with the new numbers and the time spent here trying to get the message out so someone else thats smarter than me and does a search ahead of getting scammed may get the info they need from me to avoid this scam.

• Ru
    Russ Hill Jul 24, 2009

My only comment is stupid is as stupid does. Anyone who would sign any agreement with nay money involved without reading and understanding the agreement deserves whatever happens to them. That is why contracts are written! If you believe you were ripped off, the contract will prove your point or will prove you didn't read it.

You probably shouldn't even be in business if you can't even read a contract before signing it.

Russ Hill
    Business Consultant - Tierra Verde, FL

• Un
    unglaublich Jun 04, 2009

I can only agree with you. This company is a bigtime ripoff!!!

I have been using them for about three years and have had nothing else than problems. They keep charging you fees for all kinds of stuff. Once they charged you a bogus fee, it takes forever to get it credited back. You have to fight hard and be persistent to get back, what you never should have been charged in the first place. Everytime single time someone else made the mistake. It is really a time consuming and annoying process.

I have been thinking of cancelling this service but hesitated so far because of the trouble associated and always believe in the good and think it will get better and does not happen again.
    NO! NO! NO! They keep charging you unjustified fees hoping you will not realize.

The unproffesional customer service really sucks. Whenever you call you will get bounced around. They provided me constantly with inconsistent information and transfer me to voice mails and my calls get never ever returned.

I finally took the initive and cancelled the service. Needless to say, that after about three weeks (calling on a daily basis) noone responses to me with a confirmation of my account being closed.
    And today I just saw another extra fee being charged to may bank account. At this point I do not know what that is for because I have to wait for my bogus statement.