135 AntiquesFraud and scam

I rented a space at the antique mall in Irving, Texas at 135 Antiques, Etc. for 6 months. I received monthly sales reports of what was sold in my space and I paid $245 rent each month and nothing was taken out of my sales except the credit card percentages if my items were purchased with a credit card. The mall was having a large grand opening celebration in March 2008 and many more people came than in past months. I sold quite a lot of merchandise and it was more than my rent and then I owed $180 for T-shirts that were printed that I purchased for advertisement purposes.

I spoke with Jim at the mall and he told me not to pay these as they could be deducted from my sales because I had sold much more than the total of these - $425. I never got a sales report for March of 2008 despite repeated requests for same and then the 6 months was up and I did not renew my lease, but I left the mall and took all of my merchandise that was not sold with me.

I still have to this day more than 7 months after March never received the sales report and the excuse given was their computer was down. In 7 months a whole new computer could have been built!

I want a sales report for my space under my dealer number 3467 and payment of monies owed to me over the $425 that I owed for rent for March and the T-shirts.

• Ka
    Kay Apr 05, 2009

I have rented multiple spaces from the 135 Antiques since they first opened shop on Main Street in downtown Irving over three years ago. Receipts for my sales have always been paid on time and my accompanying reports in perfect order. I have never known the owners to be anything but amiable to work with and extremely sensitive to the welfare of their dealers.

I ran across this complaint while pulling up the antique mall's website in order to link it to my own. I think the writer should remember that the mall is the result of the collective efforts of all the dealers, not the sole attribute of the single owner so remarks of this nature can have a derogatory effect on many innocent people. That said, I suggest that since the writer did not think of that at the onset of this public complaint he might well have overlooked facets of his situation that, if in fact there is one, may well be due to his own neglect and irresponsiblity. There is always the other side of the story.

• Co
    coryparis Sep 17, 2011

The owners were very rude and made the visit unpleasant. The other dealers were nice but the owner has to know before you talk to any of them. They complicated the visit due to theyre greed. The owners of this antique mall are greedy snobs that are rude.