123fundsfraud

I responded to an internet ad that stated that the Presidents stimulus plan included grants. It stated that there were grants for school, starting a business and even paying your bills. All they asked for this information was a shipping charge for the CD. I have been ripped off before by Credit Card USA, so I read the ad very carefully and searched for any small print. There were no written strings attached, only the $2.79 for shipping. Now, some two weeks later, some company by the name of 123 funds is debiting my checking acct for $79.95. At this time, that is one third of my monthly income!! I want to file each and every complaint available to me in this situation. These people rob me not only of my money, but of my ability to interact on the internet. I cannot trust that even one ad is on the level. They committed fraud against the government, insinuating that these grants were available as part of the stimulus package. Please, if anyone knows where I can report this please post the information. I can only hope that I can threaten this ### company into giving me my money back.

• 1d
    [email protected] Mar 31, 2009

Update. When you call the number they give the bank you reach operators in the Phillipines. They recite the membership agreement to you. The agreement that is written in small print on the bottom of the web page that you never see because the link to step one is on the top of the page. If you are rude enough they cancel your membership. If you are a b#$%^ they tell you your money will be refunded in 10 days. They may also give you a name and address, EZ grants source, 51 west center, orem, ut 84057. This is a Mailboxes, Etc. location. If you trace back to the original web site you get contact info for Las vegas and the United Kingdom. I will have to file a complaint with my bank, but I'm not optomistic. Their atittude is that I gave them my banking info. I did, but not to take a third of my disability income! I'm not finished with these vultures. They never charge you the $2.79, they never send the CD. They just wait out the trail period and charge the monthly membership fee. Who, in this economy, would agree to an $79.95 monthly membership !