logo

H&r Block
emerald advance
2. (27 mins ago)
californianscent.com
I heard only promises, but this scammer didn’t provide my order
3. (32 mins ago)

Zoosk
475 Sansome Street
San Francisco, California
zoosk.com
Zoosk engages in shady and false advertising. They tell you that there is no charge to sign up for their site, build a profile, or search for dates. They tell you that you must be a paid member to send messages. What they do NOT tell you is that 80% of the people who show up in your search results are not paid members, and thus can't reply to messages. If you send a message to a person who is not a paid member, that person will not be able to read the message, but instead will get a prompt from Zoosk to sign up for the paid service in order to read the message that you sent. This is blatant false advertising, because a large percentage of the people who get that notice that they must pay in order to read your message are simply going to say the hell with it. Zoosk falsely claims "Here are thousands of women whom you can contact" but does not tell you that the majority of them can't reply. They have refused to refund my money, so I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and alerting everyone within earshot about their thievery. What a scam!
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2011 by   theDrew 0 Votes
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   ndngrma 0 Votes
I agree with what Drew said. I signed up and when I found out what it was like tried to get my money back. they made me pay for one month of free service and to start out at all I had to pay for 6 months. what a rip off.
 27th of Feb, 2012 by   BaronDerKilt 0 Votes
BBB is a good idea. But the Attorney General is where the action is. Probably also within jouridiction of FCC, and also FBI since this is interstate commerce.
 9th of Sep, 2012 by   Bruno Domingues 0 Votes
I agree, they should be banned from being in Facebook at all.

I saw at first the advertising saying my friends use it then tried it out and sent 2 or 3 messages only to find out that to chat, send another message/reply or do anything at all I was then required to be a "Subscriber".

Basically I'm not able to send messages, chat or reply to messages without being a "Subscriber" which is paid.

The funny part is that Zoosk did not mention at any point that to be able to do these things I would have to be a paying member. Only after I wasted a ton of time making up a profile then I find out I have to pay to use the basic functionalities.

Totally a scam! I'm going to report it to Facebook for fraud/scam.
 16th of Apr, 2014 by   Kent_in_texas 0 Votes
Joined thinking I would meet someone and after subscribing for $ 74.95 for 6 months, you have to buy additional coins to meet someone interested in you. What a rip-off! I sent an email complaining about this and requested a refund which I doubt I will get. Many fake profiles and the company will not answer emails regarding this matter. I intend to log a BBB complaints against them as well. You would be better off meeting someone in the laundry mat!

College Education for $1,000 a Year Only