logo

Wont give me my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

YRC, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - Scheduling, shipping, and rude drivers!

YRC Contacts & Informations

YRC

Posted:    DK Layne

Scheduling, shipping, and rude drivers!

YRC
Kentucky
I am currently in the midst of dealing with my shipping woes from YRC. I placed an order several weeks ago which was shipped through them. No problem.

I downloaded and printed out my bill of lading and tracked the order. Again, no problem.

I was informed that I had to schedule a delivery time. Fine and dandy, did and done.

I scheduled the delivery for today (3/2) between noon and 2 pm and scheduled the time off work to be there to take the delivery. No problem, I thought.

Then, later yesterday afternoon (3/1) as I'm getting ready to step into a meeting, I get a call from the YRC driver, wanting me to meet him at my house right that moment. Obviously, I could not. After repeated sighs and huffs and puffs (on his part) and me telling him what time I was due off work and the earliest I could possibly be home, he informs me that, well, he's heading back to their warehouse and doesn't know if I'd be able to get my delivery today.

I responded that I had scheduled a specific time today at THEIR request and expected that my items would be delivered at that time, as I had already arranged time away from work, etc. in order to take the delivery. After getting off the phone with the driver, I immediately contacted the local warehouse and was told that yes, my delivery was still scheduled for the same time today and would be delivered as scheduled.

Today, I made certain I was home by the appointed time, and after sitting there, staring at the clock for an hour and a half, I called to see if perhaps he was running late, just in case I needed to do some last-minute schedule rearranging for the afternoon. Upon calling the warehouse, however, I was informed that my package had been taken off the truck this morning and was sitting there, more than an hour's drive from here, and that the soonest I could possibly expect it is "sometime tomorrow."

Needless to say, I'm rather infuriated at the moment. Not only has this company cost me however much they charged to ship my item, they have also cost me not one afternoon, but at least two, of work, a lot of headache medication, and an irritated supervisor. And, of course, I'm wondering if I'll get my shipment tomorrow or sometime by the end of this week.

This company isn't only a headache to those who ship through them. They're also a headache to the people awaiting shipments from them, and in my humble opinion, they make the companies who choose to ship through them look inefficient and incapable from the customer's point of view. If you are a company wishing to send freight to customers, I would advise you choose another carrier. If you are a customer awaiting shipment, I would advise you stock up on Excedrin.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Apr, 2010 by   douglasg -1 Votes
yrc does not give a 2 hour window for deliveries, never has. we do try to honor the shipper request though. a point i would like to make, when making a home delivery and the customer says they have help, and 99.7 percent of the time they don't and expect the driver to all the work . i will bust my ass to make the customer happy, so they'll come back. it sometimes does happen when a shipment does get loaded ahead of time, so we call and see if the customer may like there freight early. i do apologize for our driver all he had to do was tell you sorry and we'll see you tomorrow. i do hope you continue to use us.
 27th of May, 2010 by   kelejs 0 Votes
i just dealt with them today... it was awful! they told me between 10-4 no problem, but i needed an hours notice to get my employees out there to get the stuff off the truck, they never called just showed up then told me they would be back in an hour when my guys got there...uh yeah never happened, couldn't get a hold of the driver and the people in the office were crappy trying to blame me for not having my guys there to begin with, now it's going to be another 2 hours before they get there all in the mean time i'm paying my employees to sit around...
 22nd of Jul, 2010 by   citizen freight 0 Votes
YRC is the worst, they booked two appointments, made me take multiple afternoons off of work, never called to warn me they weren't going to show up. It's like dealing with a communist country who doesn't understand the concept of customer service or rectifying their own errors. hopefully bankruptcy will shake some sense in to them
 13th of Oct, 2010 by   Frustrated 2 0 Votes
Here I sit waiting for a part that was supposed to be delivered yesterday and don't know that I will have it to fix a machine that is supposed to go out on rent tomorrow. I was informed that the local depot was 20 trucks behind in unloading and they don't know when it would be unloaded for me to even pick up. Frustrated!!!
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   queenofthezulus 0 Votes
i disagree with all the comments being made about yrc drivers. my husband has been a driver of theirs for the last 13 years.. he is the same way at the workplace that he is at home...considerate and thoughtful of other peoples feelings and always puts other people first.. he will do everything he can to make the customer happy because he values his job and believes when you make a promise you dont renege on it..but sometimes things happen that are out of our control..so please be patient!! there are bad employees at any job but please dont lump ALL yrc drivers into one bunch! thanks!!
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   Lana21 0 Votes
YRC is the absolute worst. Beware of what YRC customer service advises. The call centers have no idea what is going on with the freight (since after hours calls are outsourced-I think I was speaking with someone in India who told me one thing when I asked where my shipment was, then I corrected him when he gave me another day for delivery and he said "did I say that? I think I lost myself.") and there are instances where they actually lose your shipment. Not only that, since the combining of the two companies; Yellow/Roadway there are many terminals that shut down leaving YRC to contract a Third Party to move the goods to your location, so who knows who has your stuff and how it's being handled. There are some good people there, but the majority could care less. Do a job, half a**ed and collect a paycheck. I have other carriers I will use, thank you very much!
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   CharlestonWork 0 Votes
Wow, I looked up reviews when having exactly the same issues, and it was interesting to see that the awful runaround I have been getting seems to be almost universal. I've already lost more in LWOP to meet these people than a delivery from a reputable company would have cost. Needless to say, I will definitely avoid ordering materials from companies that utilize YRC. Thumbs up to the driver's wife, though! I have to respect you standing up for your husband, and it is true, even the worst organizations have some good people trying to make a positive change.
 10th of Jul, 2012 by   love4dante 0 Votes
This YRC freight company is freaking piece of crap, and their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered with. Good luck to people who are trying to contact them, they are either put you on hold for a long period of time or transferring you around like an idiot. Purchased my order through ebay, the seller shipped the item at the same day that I made my payment. Expecting to get the item soon since the quick shipped from the seller, but no to the Hell. Here all the fun parts begin, YRC called and scheduled for delivery appointment (at first, I thought wow what a good company with excellent service) totally wrong. Scheduled for Friday around 1-5P.M, passed 5:30P.M, I called and report about the incident, they said and apologized because "due to the holiday, we are unable to delivery for you today, would you like to reschedule for another appt?" Sure, rescheduled for Monday, same thing happened again, no one showed up. Same old crap, apologized and asked to reschedule for Tuesday (at this moment, I totally see how bullshit this company is). Fine, reschedule for Tuesday, NO f***ING ANYONE came, called customer service to make complain, the supervisor aint helpful and couldnt do anything. And here I am Wednesday, dont even know if the damn item will ever come. One word, f*** this company.
 19th of Jul, 2012 by   whitebarsman 0 Votes
This is a shity company. NEVER deal with them, NEVER!!!
 Always late
 Got my stuff damaged
 Had to deal with them 3 f*ing times
 Rude drivers
AVOID them!!!
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   Al_F 0 Votes
The Brooklyn terminal is the worst. I had the exact same experience as the original poster. Scheduled delivery. No one showed up. Showed up 5 hours later when no one was home and expected us to be there. Said they'd reschedule for the following day. Following day, I call them and they tell me they have no appointment for that day. Unfreakinbelievable. My contractors are sitting on their hands waiting for this shipment.
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   Woogadie 0 Votes
Not sure what to think about these guys really. Just started the bidding process to do loads with our small co. and was hoping this is a situation that is in the past and not so current, or perhaps isolated. Anyone know a way to really see the facts about a co. like this?
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   Bob1982 0 Votes
I was hired to work on the Docks with YRC and these gentlemen seem to care more about their Union than the company that helps them put food on the table. They complain about having to take a 15% pay cut to keep their jobs, take extended breaks, stab each other in the back to avoid accountability of their discrepancies then drag their feet through the work day. They talk more than they work, all the equipment is run-down and faulty and their safety policies are to do whatever but just don't get hurt. These guys are incompetent, dishonorable, lazy and arrogant. The words "fragile" and "be careful with that" just don't go together in the same sentence. They'll crush or cram anything in a trailer to save money. There's day-laborers and illegal immigrants right down the street who would outperform them and work for a fraction of what these teamsters make. I just quit this place after three of the worst weeks of my life and got a better job. Thank God.
 7th of Sep, 2013 by   melinda73 0 Votes
Yrc has very rude and disrespectful drivers. I had to call them to schedule delivery instead of the other wsy around. Very unprofessional group of workers.
 4th of Oct, 2013 by   norwal 0 Votes
HaHa I like the anonymous negative post from FedEx and CCX sales reps. What a cheap shot !
 25th of Oct, 2013 by   pissed off Boston 0 Votes
yrc is shitty. I was supposed to get my stuff delivered today between the hrs of 8-12. I called twice (once on tues and once on thurs to confirm the time) and both times they informed me that my stuff would be here today. My partner waited for them from 745a to 1230p and no one showed up. I called and was told that "there was no delivery scheduled for today " and asked who I spoke to. WTF how the hell i'm supposed to know I have to get the shithead's name when I called. I called the sender. He called and found out that the truck got to Boston late so delivery won't be until Monday. The supervisor never told me this crap when I called, instead he made it seem like it was my fault for misunderstanding the customer serv rep and not taking down her name. Good luck to everyone.
PS: On the website it even listed the delivery date as TODAY. F them
 3rd of Jan, 2014 by   JerryMD 0 Votes
Although we complain a lot but nobody can change the attitude of the company workers. My story is the worst. I ordered an instrument over 100, 000 USD for the research and we waited for 3 month since the manufacture need to make as what we required, and then the manufacture chose YRC to ship the instrument to us, then the horrible dream started. YRC used one week to ship the instrument from California to PA terminal, and the terminal start to delay the delivery date day after day. When I notice this, I contacted the customer service, their tracking result indicated that the package is missing, it is not on the trailer where the shipping paperwork on, it means that the package is on the original terminal, when I tried to call the original terminal, nobody pickup the phone (I called millions of times and left million of messages), no response. Tried everything we can use, but no response. The only thing I can do is call their customer service, but they can not do anything. My instrument disappear for no reason, and nobody claim the responsibility and nobody start to investigate, 20 days past, they did not find it and they didn't give any useful update about the claim except "we are investigating and we didn't find it yet".

DO NOT USE YRC, it is controlled by UNION, it will be bankruptcy soon.
 6th of Mar, 2014 by   LnatC 0 Votes
WORST COMPANY EVER!!! ALWAYS LATE AND THEY DONT CARE - CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR THEM GO OUT OF BUSINESS SOON...

AVOID THEM...
 8th of Aug, 2014 by   aktchiu 0 Votes
DO NOT USE YRC. We were expecting a shipment to be delivered by YRC. We called their office for 2-3 days and nobody bother calling us back to make shipping arrangements. Finally we got a hold of someone and explained that we have been waiting for this shipment urgently and nobody has called us back. YRC said they would deliver the shipment the next day from 9-12pm. Now we are stuck with a bill for making an appointment. First of all, the shipment was delayed and I did not make the appointment. After we received the bill, we called them to explain the situation, they are denying the conversation and sticking with the appointment charge. It's not the amount of the invoice but the principle of the whole situation. We are now forced to pay the bill. Terrible customer service and I guess they are looking for ways to make more money out of customers!

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups