logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Geoholiday Starpoint Geo Holiday
Timeshare Fraud
2. (13 mins ago)
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
Illegal construction

Latest Questions

your profit gateway, Salt Lake City, Utah Complaints & Reviews - scam

your profit gateway Contacts & Informations

your profit gateway

Posted:    blue in the face

scam

internet home biz
230 w 400 S-Suite 100
Salt Lake City, Utah
Phone: 1 800 497 4988
yourprofitgateway.com
off er business from home, one off set up fee $1.97. once thru' everything hits you with 7 day trial monthly charges of @ $80 & phone to cancel on the number others on your complaints board say continually busy.
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2009 by   edaea -1 Votes
it's true i had to cancel my debit card.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   scam123 0 Votes
Did I just get scammed too?

Just ordered the Google Fortune kit and business kit... it looks very legitimate as they appear to be using Google's logo with endorsements from ABC, CNN, CNBC, etc... shame on Google for not proactively shuting these guys down. I know, buyer beware, yet they are using their name on both the site and picture of a check.

Here's what I got via email after signing up... I'm cancelling my order (good luck) and debit card now, just to be safe!

1. Google Fortune
"You have been provided with a username and password below to log into yourprofitgateway.com, your ultimate resource for building your online business. Please make note of this informartion as it will be used to access the site in the future".

2. Your Profit gateway (BizKit)
You will receive an email shortly with your order details and account login information. If you do not receive the email, first check your JUNK folder. If you still don't see the email within 24 hrs, please call customer service. Your product will be shipped to you within 24 hours. Please allow 4-6 days for shipping & handling. For your convenience, charges will appear on your credit card statement as
" MYBENEFICIALINCOME.COM ". If you have questions please call our customer service number, 1-877-361-8622.
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   goldlink -1 Votes
I just ordered Online Cash Success Kit for $1 then ordered from Your Profit Gateway for $1.97 and here pops up the page saying just log in..but at the bottom of the page there it is...they are going to charge $79.90 a month...Now I don't know if I should press the log on button. I called the number 877-484-8016 and it went to a message office hours are 10am - 8pm Eastern Time. Guess I missed the 8pm close time by 5 minutes :(
Do you think I really need to cancel my debit card???? I hate for them to know I fell for a scam..
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   CB86 0 Votes
I was not sure that I was REALLY scammed until I read this, They would not give me back my money and like others, I only authorized
a $1.97 and knew NOTHING about the $79.90, when I called they ARGUED with me AGAIN and Again...I got no where, I called my bank and I am filing an affidavidt of fraud and the bank will try to get my money back.
This is a HORRIBLE UNETHICAL way to do business.
I understand that they need to make money but tranparency is important!!!
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   OnlineGenius 0 Votes
Read the terms on their website! Why doesn't any body fucking read anymore? It says right in the firs fucking page you will be billed 79.95 after 7 days! Plus if you care about $70 go get a job you will never make it in business! READ EVERYTHING thats why they teach you to read in school MORONS! NO wonder you're broke!
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   TheScientist +1 Votes
Jesus 'OnlineGenius' do you work for them? What an arsehole you are!!
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   kennyttt +1 Votes
Also fell for scam as the monthly charge is only advised on registration at bottom of page.
Have received refund back and reported site as scam to mastercard.
There is no need to be abusive to persons that fall for this, but to feel sympathy and avice.

Call card company advise on theft - obtain refund and get NEW CARD
Alert phone company to avoid scam texts

Best of luck
Kenny
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   tannerbug +1 Votes
i tried this, then looked back at the page that says you will be charged 1.97, at the bottom of the page there is the mention of that 79.90 after 7 days. i could not get onto the web site...www.yourprofitgateway.com. I tried to call the phone number 1-800-497-4988. The hours of business for customer service were 10 am eastern standard time. so I waited til 10:02 am. I called, waited on the line for 12 minutes while listening to music. Finally a representative came on the line (a foreign person...you could tell by the broken accent). But she cancelled the membership, and I also asked for the 1.97 to be credited back due to the fact that i could not get on the site. She said she would do so. I have a confirmation number for everything of the transaction. she also said the site was having technical difficulties. I just didn't want to bother waiting or risk the uncertain. So if you can't get through, let me assure you that there is someone at the number. just be patient with it. (If the transaction doesnt get recredited to my account, I will be back to leave that comment as well)...look for it in about 7 to 10 days...from clymer pennsylvania.(that is how I will start it)
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   Shenny +1 Votes
It is 10:46 AM in California (PACIFIC TIME) and the recorded telephone message I called to cancel this transaction stated . . ."You've reached us after hours, call back between 10 am and 8 pm eastern time"! Calls in the middle of their work day will not be answered when they know you want to cancel or need customer support as it is the same number the website provides for both (877 484 8016). Does anyone have a fax number or email address for this company? I want to cancel them NOW! Thanks
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   shell r +1 Votes
cancel your card shenny and report it to your card company as theft, just done the same thing my self there is no way you can contact this company i'v tried. good luck
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   tallula +1 Votes
Just fell for this scam myself & didnt read the $79.00 charges until the very last page after card details given. Luckly used a prepaid mastercard so cant be stung for more money!!! Feel pretty stupid but site does look genuine. Tried phoning number given for cancellations but surprise, surprise answering machine. Also no email address given for contact...will live & learn!!
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   Niki_kenley +1 Votes
I got scammed and I'm pursuing them for 2 charges of $79.90, I didn't even know they were charging anything other that the $1.97 until my bank called me about an overdraft charge. I don't use this account and only had $5 in it so I don't know why they authorized the transaction. I will use prepaid cards from now on online. THis is some BS.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   djc8 +1 Votes
I agree that we should all read the fine print! I fell for it too. I was charged the $79.90 but they said they could not refund it because of the 7 days, however they did agree to cxl any further transactions. There are people out there that are just plain rude and will say whatever they feel like, no matter how stupid it makes them look!!!
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   Debbienixon 0 Votes
Samething happened to me. Now I'm trying to get my money back. I mean my bank has put it back for now, but I still have to
file pape work out. I remember calling those people twice when I saw the $79.90 come up on my bank statement on line. This was
the first time I really lost my temper. They told me there was no way they could reverse the charge. I told them to let me talk to
a supervisor. Oh! he was on the line...
Now when you go to write your bank claim; they ask for the merchant's address and more. Well we don't have that and we can't
get it. If any of you have it please help. I don't even have the phone number anymore.
Talk about a poor way of making money...
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   Chuck Turner +1 Votes
It's part of Pacific Webworks scam.

More about this company:

Chesapeake Group
Kevin Holmes, 410-825-3930
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   donny d 0 Votes
Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly

didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way.  Our goal is not to

inconvenience our customers .The terms and conditions of our

offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the

order page where you confirm your order, located directly to the

top of where your credit card information was entered. There is

also a link at the top of the home page that opens up the terms

and conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our

number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with

all of our customers. Of course, mistakes can be made; and if

you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site.

You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our

U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the

week to respond to any questions you may have both before and

after your order. Simply call us at 866-481-8192 and we will be

happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

Your satisfaction is our number one concern,

Thanks,
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   Janet from Lexington +1 Votes
I contacted this company's customer service number and was sent in a whole bunch of circles of giving them new information. They wanted me to give them the credit card information again when my husband signed up for the Business Kit Service. I didn't do it!

Good advise: Call them and ask for a refund. They won't give it to you. Then call your bank and request a reverse of charges. (You've needed to try to resolve it yourself first.) Then the bank will do it in a heart beat! I got my money back in 24 hours! Yahoo! (a yell of happiness, not affiliated with Yahoo.com)

Janet from Lexington, Kentucky
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   RESHMAYAAN -1 Votes
i have ordered the kit in this link it said a url will be sent to your mail but i didnt get any email i have paid 4369 rupees by credit card. what should i do now and where i have to go pls help me

reshma
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   RESHMAYAAN 0 Votes
this is again reshma pls help me... what should i do now or give me your customer service number pls its very urgent
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   RESHMAYAAN 0 Votes
pls refund my money pls help...

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide