logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
2. (9 mins ago)
Dillards
Mistreatment of employees
3. (20 mins ago)
TroysFlorist.com
They have never made a delivery
4. (20 mins ago)
Indeed.com
This website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website
5. (23 mins ago)
Windsor Blue Superkings
now only 19 cigaretts in a pack instead of 20 why?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Your American Standard, District of Columbia Complaints & Reviews - Housing Scam

Your American Standard Contacts & Informations

Your American Standard

Posted:    Mrs. Mary Mack

Housing Scam

American Standard
District of Columbia
A scam. They want $199 for internet access to "pre-foreclosed" homes. Many of the homes they list are not even for sale! The prices are completely wrong, and you will not be able to get your money back. They don't do anything for you. They are a scam. Do not give them your money!
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Oct, 2010 by   nocturnal434 +1 Votes
Any one who asks for ANY Monetary Commitment in advance with out sending you literature, references, and / or credentials is a SCAMMER.
DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFO OR MONEY!
 16th of Oct, 2010 by   Keigh +1 Votes
Your American Standard, if they aren't a scam I'll be surprised!

When calling the company:

* They don't immediately identify the company or organization you're calling, but will ask you to put down $199

* Don't provide references, bank affiliations, or qualifications to be interfacing with banks and buyers

* Customer service is rude and when you ask for a manager they either hang up on you, or transfer you to another agent. There is no voicemail where you can leave a complaint for a manager either.

* Don't identify what company you're calling or give any sort of business name on Craigslist ads and give you an (866) number... but tell you you can rent to own a house for under market rates.

* Have several different 866 numbers listed in different Craigslist ads that you can call, in case you have a bad experience with one number, apparently..

* When calling a different number from a different ad, the customer service agent gave a false name "Greg" and when we got to the point where I might need to call him back, gave me a different name.

* If you state that you need to talk to your husband before putting down almost $200 on a service you haven't been able to check out, they pressure you (stating they'll refund your money if it doesn't work out in 90 days) and ask you to put them on the phone instead. If you say they're not there they ask you where they are. Is that ANY of their business??

* If you DO get a website and business name out of them, and Google search them.. the only listings that come up are the website, and this complaint board!

STAY AWAY from these guys! Bad news here!
 17th of Oct, 2010 by   Bree007 +1 Votes
I WAS SCAMMED ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO TRIED TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND THEY KEPT HANGING UP ON ME AND THEN TOLD ME I HAVE TO GET 5 REJECT LETTERS FROM PEOPLE I SENT LETTERS TO TO GET MY MONEY IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS BIG TIME I CHECKED THE ADDRESS AND IT TO UPS POSTAL BOX THEY HAVE NO PHYSICAL ADDRESS .DONT MAKE THAT $199 MISTAKE I DID. I CONTACT ATTORNEY GENERAL IN CA THEY WERENT MUCH HELP.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   don Reagal -3 Votes
You guys are lazy idiots!!! i am a real estate investor that has aquirred 6 homes from American Standard!!! These are distressed properties that you have access to by paying 199.00 and they even do a title search on the home !!! which takes a lot of time. It jsut takes time and effort and you can obtain a property for under fair market value to either flip and make a profit or own the home to rent out or live in a nice piece of property. Problem is that half of you that call are lazy americans you want everything handed to for no effort at all. You make me Sick!!! but not sick enough to not profit from these homes that they have listed.
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by   lazy american -2 Votes
this Don Regal guy...is not an American...who refers to Americans the way he does? dude...we don't say "you people are lazy Americans" when referring to "ourselves", unless you are not an American. i was real close to investing until i read this guys comments about "lazy Americans" before i realised it was a scam and he more than likely works for American standard and is trying to put a good word in for his company>>>lol>>>real tacky. thanks to all the "lazy Americans" who warned me into not being scammed>>>>

v/s
lazy american...
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   fefe1 +1 Votes
Thanks very much to those of you who have taken the time to write your reviews on this company. You have certainly helped a lot of people. Again, we are reminded, do not give out money to any one you can't see in person.
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   house hunter 0 Votes
Thank you for all your info. We thought it was "to good to be true" & also found out their mailing address is a UPS store in a strip mall. Had to remind myself "you get what you pay for" & "you do not get anything for free now days" Thanks again for the warnings & saving us $200
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   jay855 0 Votes
Thanks for the heads up just got off the phone with them when they said money i told him i would call back thank you thank you!!!
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   J Rocketz 0 Votes
Wow! I literally just got off of the phone with this American Standard company.. I was asked for my credit card information almost immediately.. I asked can i take a look at their website first to make sure it is something i want to do before just handing over 200 bucks. He quickly stated that there is a 90% success rate and a money back guarantee in 90 days if we are nt in a home by then and moved right back to the payment information. I didnt like the fact that i wasnt gien a site to look at and further more being rushed into giving up my money with no guarantee in writing... I hung up the phone. Its Murphys law guys... Be careful!
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   steelhorse 0 Votes
this is funny because i use to sell realastate in ct when i asked rhonda a few simple questions she had to think of anwers now anyone that worked with me had the anwers rite then and there its real shadie to me
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   Raimax69 0 Votes
WOW, I can't believe the comments i'm reading! I almost gave in and gave them the money, but it sounded to good to be true. I asked them for a website to check out first and they gave me the website that brought me here, thanks American Standard for the heads up!
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   akaia47cash 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with the company . I told them I was scammed and they recomended this site ...lmao
thanks to everyone even the lazy repersentive.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   Quada41 0 Votes
i am thanking God right now that these reviews are on here it just seemed to good to be true so i kept asking i have to pay 199 before i get the listing or view a home and he kept explaining why so i said well just let me give you a call back when i decide what im going to do and i did a search on the company and this is what i found Thank God for all of the True Americans on this site it saved me a single mother of three from losing something i so desperately need im living with family and have saved enough to move but my credit isnt good at all so this is why i was so tempted but God is good i wont be making this mistake
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   O.G.Eric.B 0 Votes
If you've made it this far down this long list of confirmed smams, realize, as i did, IT'S WITHOUT A DOUBT A SCAM. Remember, a scam shows it's disgusting face right off the bat then tries to hide behind the smell-good scent of a lie. Thing is, a scam is so pitifully disgusting that you can always smell it's presence. Thus, if it SMELLS like a scam, it most likely IS a scam.

Shame on you, Your American Standards Online

O.G. Eric B
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   THANK GOD IM EDUCATED!!! 0 Votes
THANK GOD I LOOK FURTHER INTO THIS COMPANY...YES AFTER READING THESE COMMENTS IT'S EVIDENT THAT THESE PERSONS ARE NOT OF AMERICAN DESCENT...AND MAY VERY WELL BE PLANNING TO SCAM AMERICANS AND RETURN TO THIER MOTHER LAND WERE EVER THAT MAY BE...THANK GOODNESS AMERICANS ARE EDUCATED TO SOME DEGREE AND COMPUTERS ARE A COMMON ASPECT IN OUR DAILY LIFE STYLES IN MANY AMERICAN HOMES...EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE CAUGHT...AND REGRET THIS GREEDY TRUMPH YOU HAVE CREATED...INCRIMADATING EVIDENCE TAKES A MINUTE TO PUT IN PLACE AND IM SURE THIER CREATING A AIR TIGHT CASE AGAINST YOU...WITH ALL SAID...SEEK GOD!!!
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   hatescammers123 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with them too and they hung up on me when I said I needed to know the name of their company and I needed something for my $199. They hung up on me. I thought maybe it was a mistake so I called back and got a lady and she hung up on me when I started asking about the company, said either I paid the money or not because she was real busy. Can you imagine that!
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   memyselfandi234 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with these guys, the idiot gave me a personal phone to call when I decided. The number is to some elderly woman's house and she had no idea what I was talking about. The guy kept on the pressure about giving my credit card info to him but I told him I had to talk to my wife. He kept asking "where is she? when is she coming back? I need a committment by the close of business today". I asked for something in writing and he hung up. What a douche!
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   wpresb1 0 Votes
LOL this is too funny and really not funny at all! I just got off the phone with this pretend company and this guy did the same spill about three times. He went on and on about how these houses were not available to the public and i was getting first dibs! He told me his name and ID number repeatedly, and he even rambled off about fifteen houses with street names only and said he would get fired if he told me their exact locations. What got me was when he said "you got over 800 houses in your zip code alone"! I guess that was the "Juicy" part that should have had me reaching for my credit card. As soon as he said he needed it for the $199.00 I said "Oh no I can't give you anything until I can properly investigate your website and business, he then asked me "why did you call for a house if you weren't serious!?" I said I am but I'm not giving you anything right now, I haven't even seen any of these houses. However when I took a look at some of the street names I had written down during the conversation they were some of the same names I had aquired during all of my web browsing for homes. This fraud of a company has no more information than what we can find ourselves by just surfing the web.
 27th of Mar, 2011 by   Conscientious Customer 0 Votes

Just go to the above link and check out the Better Bsiness Bureau Rating for Your American Standards Online and then decide how you want to invest your 199.00
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   pkat 0 Votes
I thank God for just giving me common sense. I was always told that if it sounds to good to be true most likely it is. I just got off the phone with this guy and he began telling me of all the benefits of using their service. He told me the same things that I have read in the previous post. He also began to tell me that the properties that were available for my area were due for viewing in a couple of weeks. I was interested until he said that he needed the $199 to get the complete listing of their homes. I immediately asked him his name and for him to state the company (that wasn't identified upon answering the phone) he worked for. He belted out "American Standard", I then told him that I'd just give him a call back. I googled the name and this is what I found. Its a shame that people be allowed to try and scam honest hard working citizens, something must be done!

Tips How to Avoid and Report Consumer Fraud