logo

Cheating

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Young Again Products, Wilmington, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Rude Email Support

Young Again Products Contacts & Informations

310 N. Front St. #150
Wilmington, North Carolina
Phone: Fax: (910) 371-2702
youngagain.com
Beware of Young Again Products! You wouldn't believe the rudeness of Roger Mason, a so-called "natural health researcher." He has no proof of being a Medical Doctor in Nutrition, nor the license to prescribe natural supplements whatsoever. Their is also NO PHONE NUMBER for this company, so where's the proof it's legitimate?

After I visited www.youngagain.com and read Roger's many articles on nutrition, making claims that are so far fetched it's unbelievable, I sent an email to info@youngagain.com. WATCH OUT FOR SOME ANGER if you send him an email, people! I could not believe how rude and mean this man was. He said things like, "You're an arrogant moron, " and, "we don't want your business, " and other very crude things. WOW! All I did was ask some basic questions on the legitimacy of his claims, and he blows up on me like a hot-air balloon!

I'm glad I did my research on Young Again and Roger Mason before purchasing any of his "supplements!" If I did, I would probably be dealing with a lot of hassle right now in regards to order status, payment type and so on. SO PLEASE, do your research before dealing with any company, because you never know if they could be PHONIES AND SCAMS!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2010 by   Korgy 0 Votes
I agree that Roger Mason does seem somewhat quirky, but when he makes statements about certain products and their effectiveness or ineffectiveness, I go away and do my own research. I've found that all of what he says seems legitimate, although I think he's just a lot more animated than most. Consequently, I've been purchasing a number of his products and find that they really a great products. The prices are also very low, unless you take advantage of Walgreens' and CVS' buy one get one free offers. I stock up on CoQ10 when they have these offers, since it's hard to beat. Rite Aid also does the same.

As for Roger being rude, I haven't experienced that, but I haven't actually gone so far as to question his statements, since I prefer to do my own research to see if there are proper scientific studies that back up what he's saying. I usually find supporting evidence to his claims from reputable institutions, but again, he is quite colorful statements may make one suspicious. My advice to anyone is to always do your own research, since you cannot blindly trust what anyone says online, and look for scientific published research.

So, in short, it's been a couple of years now that I've purchased products from Young Again. I have no allegiance to Young Again, so if I find something that I think is better, I'll certainly move in. I just haven't so far, but would love to hear from others.
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   1socrates 0 Votes
I don't know about how good or bad Roger's supplements are. I do know that his politics are beyond right wing and racist. And that is what bothers me. How can I support someone who spouts the crap he spouts?
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   robtb +2 Votes
Please note that the above complaint is posted ANONYMOUSLY! Give me a break. It is ok to complain, but grow a set. State your name and speak your peace.

For the record. I first heard Roger Mason on the radio while on a road trip to meet my brother (circa 1900-2000) in the vicinity of the Salton Sea in Imperial County, California, where we were to spend the weekend photographing this subject rich area. I became interested in his approach to one's personal responsibility in health matters. In my research into his business, I do not ever recall that Roger Mason claimed to be anything other than a research chemist. He always seemed to stress that he is not an M.D. He footnotes every claim in his discussions of the various abstracts. If everyone would be so transparent!

I believe that Roger Mason is sincerely interested in the subjects about which he writes. Why would I think this?

# 1-One evening in 2003~2003 I was working later than usual in my So Cal. office. I didn't completely grasp something Roger Mason had written and was perplexed about it. I goggled his name and found a web page with his bio, his picture and a phone number. I called the phone number, expecting to reach his corporate headquarters and leave a message on the answering machine, hoping someone in the organization would respond. Instead, after a few rings, the phone is answered with a "Hello, this is Roger." Taken aback, I told him my name and said that I expected to reach an answering device. Further, I offered to hang up, call back to leave a message, if he would let my call ring through to his answer machine. He wouldn't hear of it. I asked my question and we spoke for a very long time (30-40 minutes). Before ending the conversation I asked where he was located. "North Carolina" he replied. So this "angry and rude" guy, Roger Mason, took a call from a complete stranger at 11:30 PM (his time) and gave 30~40 minutes of his time to this complete stranger and discussed something of interest, not to him, but the complete stranger. What a jerk!

#2 Over the next few years, my sister, who I had introduced to Roger Mason's writings, communicated with him via email regarding her daughter, who had issues with Crohn's disease. They traded emails over several days, with my sister thinking the subject had been fairly discussed. Imagine her surprise when she received an email from Roger Mason, a few days after receiving his last email, that read, "Karen, I've been thinking about your daughter and had another thought." He went on to pursue this new line of thought with her in a second email conversation. My primary care medical doctor cannot remember why I am in his office for a follow up 4 days after the initial visit. when was the last time your doctor called or emailed you to say, "Hey, I've been thinking about your situation in my spare time and I've got something I want to share with you!" If only!

As for the attitude, perhaps it is that "equal and opposite reaction" Sir Isaac Newton famously described. Some people do not suffer fools very well. Roger may well be one.

As for his products, I have bought many over the years and have been satisfied. I am a value shopper and will buy the best price for comparable quality, and sometimes it is with another provider. I will say that his products are reasonably priced and the quality is quite good. If you can find better, cheaper, then go for it. I do. If I didn't have to watch every penny, though, I would order everything from Young Again Products, without hesitation.

Robert Smith
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   gettingwell 0 Votes
Thanks Robert for giving what appears to be a straight forward opinion of Roger Mason. I found the Young Again site for the first time today and was impressed with his products and articles, but was really put off by his abrasive slamming of others. I consider myself a mature adults and it was just plain childish to blast others using the words he did. So my position is I'm going to give his products a try because I've done a lot of research on my own and know what I'm looking for and his company has it at a good price. I only wish he would realize that he is his own worst enemy and comes off like he has a screw loose. No company should have someone at the helm like that.

April
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   Larryjoy +2 Votes
I first began my journey through Roger's articles in 2007. I find him to be very passionate and down to earth about his beliefs. He is also very unrelenting towards those he considers charlatans and misinformed in the health industry.

Through personal research I have found the overwhelming majority of his claims scientifically accurate. Whether you like his approach or not, you gotta love his passion for the truth. He is the health evangelist of our time.

Great products at a great price!

Joy & Larry Gibson
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   H and L Kerr ( Canada) +1 Votes
We have been using Young Again products for years and have had terrific srvice and no doubts about quality. We have also telephoned and emailed Roger Mason for advice ...his answers are always direct and"passionate" which may surprise some people!

Roger NEVER claims to be an MD and has no time for MD's who do not believe in nutrition, vitamins, minerals and hormone balancing...the main planks in Roger's health palatform.

H and L Kerr (Canada)
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   Susan R.D. +2 Votes
I have been a customer of Young Again Products for many years. The prices & quality are excellent, and the shipping is fast. Roger has made some recommendations that I've followed with great results. He does not claim to be an MD nor does he need to be one in order to dispense research results. I have e-mailed him from time to time and have never experienced any rudeness. -Susan D.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Arlynn B. +2 Votes
I started occasionally purchasing products from Young Again about 6 years ago. I had been vegan for a few years and was interested in a variety of takes on the vegan diet (McDougall, Barnard, etc). Recently I began having some trouble (knee and joint pain) on my vegan diet and revisited Roger's site. A few months ago I did cut out all nightshade veggies, took the medical tests he recommends and purchased his products. Maybe it's coincidence, but my knee pain has just about vanished. If I've ever emailed Roger, which I have, he has responded quickly. Although I know his products are not all vegan (he uses gelatin capsules), I've made this an exception. I'm a pragmatist, and feel the proof is in the pudding...or in this case, the whole grain brown rice.

Arlynn B.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   Dennis A. +2 Votes
Roger is direct, but that's just the way he is and I can live with that. He backs what he says with reputable medical studies which anyone can check out anytime. Last year I emailed him and ordered some products from Young Again.He gave me a 50% discount, since I couldn't afford the all products I needed. You can tell he's not in it for the money. He's number one in my book.
Finally, what he preaches actually works. I know it and several persons who had one foot in the grave can also testify to that. Just read Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy, My Beautiful Life, or Recovery From Cancer.

Dennis A. (Canada)
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   Anonymous28282828 0 Votes
Roger Mason is a rude and incompetent person. He is a customer for a company I work for and he cannot understand simple concepts of how our "products" work together. Not only that, but when you try and explain something simple to him, he refuses to listen, continues to insist that things are the way HE thinks they are and then hangs up on you. I would never buy products from a man who is so obviously self-obsessed, impolite and inept.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   Soozie P Melbourne Australia +1 Votes
I live in Australia and I have purchased many products from Roger Mason over the past few years and I have always been more than satisfied about the quality of the products, the swiftness of the delivery and the decency of Roger Mason to answer my questions via email. Roger has personally footed the bill for postage when I have not paid enough while ordering and he has done this out of his very generous nature. This man wants us all to be healthy end of story. He is not trying to make a fast buck he sells his product so cheaply in order for all to be able to purchase nutritional support and to stay healthy.He says it as it is and does not dress up his statements to win people over: personally I like this he is what he is and honesty is his policy this is a wonderful quality for a human being to have. Don't take advantage of his products if you don't like what he says. Go get ripped off by some of the big money making companies I'm sure they will relieve you of your hard earned cash and never return a call. His books and information is based on well researched medical facts, he has nothing to gain by providing a free library for all to access. I will always by from Roger Mason I know the quality of his products and information.
Soozie P Melbourne Australia
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   Lori - Cleveland ohio +2 Votes
I love Roger Mason. I embrace his monthly health newsletters and forward them to my friends. He's been keeping me healthy for over 10 years. He doesn't mince words. I think he is very honest, but in a harsh way -okay with me. I trust the guy. I've read all his books. He supplements are reasonably priced compared to my research -- I don't think he is a millionaire from selling his supplements. Customer service is not necessary for me. I use my Debit card and get my supplements very quickly. No need for customer service.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   dogzone 0 Votes
Anyone that is so right wing and believes all those conspiracy theories rings alarm bells with me. Try explaining to Roger that you cannot eat most whole grains and await your reply. Mine was 'You will die get cancer and die young' plus a lot of rude invective. That didn't strike me as quite balanced. There is a lot of non evidence based stuff too. Where is the scientific evidence about nightshade foods like tomaotoes and peppers being bad for you?
Some common sense for sure but beware anyone that is so fixed in their beliefs. Ask akward questions and he will not answer apart from slagging you off. Some peoples would have died from starvation had they not been able to eat dairy foods ( camel milk, cheeses kefir etc.) and how about the inuit...no whole grains there Roger and perfectly healthy until they lost their lands and took to alcohol!Altogether too simplified a view ! Plenty of tribes have very little or no grains and live healthily on mainly meat. Diet is a lot more complicated than Roger would have you believe. Undoubtedly highly processed, refined 'Foods' ( use the term loosely ) do nothing for your health. Fresh, home prepared foods are the best and grass reared organic meat, poultry eggs will not harm you. More and more research is showing that the saturated fat, cholesterol theory regarding heart disease etc. does not hold water. What does are the dangers of manufactured trans fats etc. combined with refined grains, sugars and calorie dense nutrient poor foodstuffs.

Beware gurus with fixed mind sets!!!
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   freadandlaurie +1 Votes
I found Roger Eons ago from a radio show, then I found his products, newsletters and his rant on politics. I often get a good laugh at his style of writing, no matter the topics are always serious and you can tell he takes them seriously. I've bought products from Roger and also received FAST and SUPER helpful prompt replies to personal emails. I like a person with a sense of humor no matter the serious nature of the discussion. No complaints here!
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   WallyK 0 Votes
I found his website a few months back. The fact that he sells products...I don't relly care and has nothing to do with the man's philosophy. Products are products. Prices, shipping...who cares. What I do care about is the information that I get. I started reading some of the articles and for the most part they were making sense. THEN I read his political rant. That is pure dribble and nonsense...but he's entitled to his viewpoint. However, it woke me up and I started to read his other articles more closely. What I find is that he is extreme...and not necessarily in a good way. Actually, I think he's a bit of a quack. In fact, not just a bit of a quack...maybe a lot of quack. It's not the only website I visit (yes I even read on HSI although not a member and they are way overpriced).

I am Canadian. That means that we get free healthcare. Cancer therapy is free...including chemotherapy drugs. Why do I menthion this. Because a good many of the so-called conspiracy theories are based on the premise that docters are out to make a "big buck" at the expense of patient care. I even read on another site (HSI) thewy accuse oncologists of selling chemotherapy drugs and a profit and that's why patients are "sold". That might make sense, except for countries like Canada, France, England, etc, etc with Free healthcare (and a longer lifespan). The docters in those countries follow the same treatment protocls (onclogists, cardiologists, etc) but they don't make any extra cah...no incentive except to see the well-being of the patient. How do the conspiracy advocates explain that one?

When you read info on websites like Young Again, HSI, etc you need to be selective and understanding. You can't just be another Oprah cultist following a blind path. There is some good stuff and there's some extreme stuff.

I believe that a good healthy living is all about moderation. Keep the food fresh and unprocessed. Enjoy a steak but not a 24oz porterhouse. A 6oz striploin is plenty. Tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, romaine, these are all God's gifts. My wife and I dine in a restaurant once a week. Get good excercise 45 minutes a day. Work on strength and conditioning 3 times a week.
Live well!
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   Ranger2 +1 Votes
Roger is a narcissist. His chemist education was born of illicit drug formulation and distribution, for which he served time in the pen. He uses the people around him and the millions he makes to slam those who don't tow his line, and if that isn't enough he will go after their family members, be they young or old.
His "wisdom" is available elsewhere, as are the supplements he sells on his "not for profit" website.
As a supplement user, I prefer to deal with a business and persons who are working for good - or, minimally, just working. Not trying to prove you wrong and do you in, in their quest to prove themselves the best.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   freadandlaurie 0 Votes
Roger offers EXTREME opinions, which I take as OPINIONS, and I enjoy his outrageous rants. I hope they are proven wrong someday, but his delivery is a good laugh, and he's been very helpful with questions about silver, and he responds IN PERSON in a timely manner. I find it very sad that people go online to badmouth people when they would never do the same in person! Hope nobody does that to you, Ranger2. It's not fun, whether true or not.
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   brose_1 0 Votes
I just had the most rude and unprofessional experience emailing Roger today. I emailed him to ask a simple and legitimate question and from his first reply, he was rude, obnoxious and unprofessional. He called my question ridiculous and stupid and told me to stop emailing him. I replied back that I did not appreciate his tone with me and that I would not be using his website anymore. He apparently does not need this business to live off of because he told me to not come back. I have never in my life had such an unprofessional and rude experience like this. If there was a way to file a complaint on the better business bureau I would. I will definately tell every person I know to never buy from his website again. I was simply a customer trying to get an answer to a question. In no way, shape or form did I deserve that kind of treatment from another human being.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   brose_1 0 Votes
Roger just admitted to me that he retired rich years ago and only does the website for fun and could care less what people say about him. Still a lousy way to do business to abuse people in email and call them stupid and tear them down for no reason other than you're a grumpy old man who can say what he wants behind the safety of a computer. People on this website say people shouldn't say bad things about Roger that they wouldn't say in person. I highly doubt Roger would be as mean and cruel to someone's face. Being behind a computer lets people be as mean and abusive as they want without having to face consequences. Well, what goes around comes around. He just lost a customer. I'll never purchase on that website again.
 19th of Feb, 2012 by   Bob Whitaker 0 Votes
I have had no personal dealings with Roger but have read many of his articles and am buying products from him.So far the products, prices and service has been great.I don't know as much as Roger seems to know about all the subjects he writes about. One I do know a bit about is Hormone Replacement Therapy.His book Testosterone is your friend is spot on.I wish everyone would read it! When you say the word testosterone everyone thinks of sex and it's way more than that. The fact that Roger is openly unappreciative of most of the medical profession does not offend me. Maybe he's a little abrasive in order to get people's attention. I agree, you are in charge of your body.I myself would welcome a conversation with him.If what he says about Chondroitin and MSM are true, then I'm wasting my money.Roger if you read any of this feel free to contact me, the fact that you feel strongly about your opinions does not scare me.Im at screaminmimi123@aol.com It's not a crime to be passionate about something, your Health is everything!

2011 Forecast: Stocks, Housing and Oil