logo

Concord Law school
Unjust JD program
3. (2 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.
4. (19 mins ago)

Toronto, Ontario
Canada
canadiantire.ca
RE: THE INVISIBLE COMPANY: Yardworks
Mr. Kuntze made the statement that "the Yardworks company seems to like being invisible". If you do a little digging you will discover that in the Trade Marks Journal of the Government of Canada, volume 47, number 2401 dated November 1st, 2000, the trade-mark "Yardworks Canada" was registered (registration number 873, 954) to the Canadian Tire Corporation Limited, 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4P 2V8. Interestingly enough, the trademark application was made on April 1, 1998. April Fool's, anyone?
Comments Canada Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2009 by   Donnna +1 Votes
I purchased a ratchet pruner 2004, with a LifeTime warranty written on the packaging, and had kept the bill, had problem with it, brought it back to Canadian Tire,
they said as of last yr. they do not have that style of ratchet, and do not cover the warranty, even thou they still carry Yard Works Ratchets, and said to call
Yard Works, about it ... yah right there is no phone number for them. Very disappointed in the product. does anyone have any suggestions for me.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   Mudd +1 Votes
Donna,

I found a phone number for Yardworks Canada, the toll free number is 1 866 523-5218. I have yet to call them to see how the service will be...(yes...it does seem like a ghost corporation Mac. People should be made known that this is infact just a fancy title for Canadian Tire's own brand and not another company. I nice way to distance themselves it would seem.)
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   Paine +1 Votes
Thank you for that number. It worked. I was having a heck of a time finding contact information for Yardworks. I guess you can order lawn mower parts from 1-877-888-3872 as well.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Sardis Cheryl +1 Votes
Yeah I too have gotten poor quality goods from Yardworks soil soaker hoses with a 4 year warranty ..LOL what a joke all 5 died after one year ..never again nor will anyone I know
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   Noel Mack +1 Votes
I purchased a 20" Electric Snow thrower from Canadian Tire on December 04, 2007. The first piece of ice I encountered, when the machine was 13 months old, broke the plastic impeller. The machine was taken to the local warranty repair centre, B B Service & Repair in Ottawa, for it to be replaced. Almost 1 year to the day I hit another piece of ice and the impeller broke again in the same place. I contacted Yardworks and the answer I got was, tough, the impeller is only warranted for 90 days so you will have to buy a new one yourself. They have absolutely no goodwill policy for recurring failures to inferior parts like this. I will never purchase another Yardworks product again.
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   SRE +1 Votes
I purchased a Yardworks Garden Card way back in fall of 2007, after I assembled it spending fours hours - one of the tires did not inflate. It yardworks customer support (1866-523-5218) atleast 5 times and they kept saying that they will send it for 2-1/2 years now and now they say they can't support it...sigh! I should never step into Canadian Tire if I value my money.
 7th of May, 2010 by   Mroots +1 Votes
I purchased a Yardworks 24V Cordless Lawnmower in 2007. I just tried charging it for 3 days now and nothing...no joy. I called the 1866-523-5218 number and was told (after being on hold for 20+ minutes) to contact the service shop in my area. After doing so I was smartly infomed that I would need a new charger as well as 2 new batteries. That's 75 bucks for each battery and 25 for the charger...total $175. Also, I was told that I could expect to pay that every 2 years. I paid $300 for it new from Canadian Trash. My wife and I bought it because we wanted to become eco-friendly with our lawn gear. I have had gas mowers last me 10 years plus. This cordless one from Yardworks barely lasted 2 1/2 summers. We are being ripped by companies who guilt you into buying "Green" product only to find that it will hit the landfill long before the old reliable gas operated gear. Yardworks will never see my money again.
 18th of May, 2010 by   SARSS +1 Votes
We bought a Yard Works lawn mower from Canadain tire which said on the box to buy the rear bag grass collector separately. We tried to find it on store and there was none in the store or even within the city (Calgary). The persons who are supposed to ass-ist you are so inconsiderate that they will not even stand near you to answer your questions or help you out. Hope I will get the "rear-bag" soon.
 18th of May, 2010 by   Grye +1 Votes
I agree with Mroots. The EXACT same thing happen to me. Bought in 2007 / hold for 20 mins and they recommended service shops. Service shops have replacement batteries - but NEW ones cost almost as much as the mower and only have a 30 day warranty b/c they don't come with the entire unit. This has to be one of the worst companies ever and is, in my opion, in no way a 'green' alternative.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   irfan ahmed +1 Votes
All of u guys r right about yardworks. i just bought a lawn mower and after my first run its ruin my lawn and with my little yard its stop 5 time so i have to reset it and try againg and again but its seem its not cutting the grass rather its pressing the grass to the ground and when i move the wheel up or down same thing happening. i take it to return but they says that after first use they cannot return it i try to get a bigger one which have power in it but they refuse to do so and its only 4 or 5 days. i never ever go to canadian tire again even it the thing i want is free there. they r steeling from canadian.
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   tom peddle +1 Votes
Bought a 14 in. yardworks electric chainsaw 10 months ago the gaurd broke off (cheap plastic) call looking for a new one was told that this saw was a tool that they didn't make parts for . what a bunch of crooks C T are they will not replace the saw .
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   Donald E Smith +1 Votes
I BROUGHT A YARDWORKS ELECTIC LAWN MOWER FROM CANADIAN TIRE . THE FIRST ONE A 19" SELF PROPELLED TOOK OF LIKE A JET WHEN IT WAS PUT IN GEAR . MANAGED TO RETURN IT AT A GREAT DISCOUNT AND GOT A 14" NOT SELF PROPELLED. WHICH I PAYED ANOTHER MORE MONEY FOR BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ON SALE. I CUT MY SMALL LAWN ONCE AND PUT MOWER AWAY WITH CHARGER ON IT .WHEN I WENT TO USE IT AGAIN IT DID NOT WORK.CALLED YARDWORKS AND WAS TOLD TO TAKE IT TO SERVICE SHOP .IT HAS BEEN THERE OVER A WEEK THEY TELL ME THEY ARE WAITING FOR PARTS .CANADIAN TIRE SAYS IT IS NOT THER PROBLEM.LESSON LEARNED NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROME CANADIAN TIRE THE STUFF MAY BE CHEAP BUT IT IS GARBAGE. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Don Smith Penticton B.C.
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   Artie15 0 Votes
Bought Yardworks Maul...Used it to cut one cord of wood..then the plastic core that holds the head on - fell out...the maul is now useless and there does not seem to be any way to repair it...the maul worked great until the plastic fell out...they could have spent 50 cents more and made a useful tool...cheap product...the old axes I have are still working after 50 years...crappy tire is the old slogan - i guess it still is...
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   wldwst +1 Votes
Bought a 20V (6Ah) Lithium -Ion Yardworks Cordless lawn Trimmer/Edger. Lasted two Summers then the motor burned out. Light use. Won't go back to Canadian Tire. No Goodwill or help. Save your money. It's JUNK.
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   Luc Thibault +1 Votes
I bought a self-propelled mower in 2007 at Canadian Tire. Last year the transmission belt broke and I also had to find a replacement part, a spring that ensures tension on the belt, a 5$ part. What a nightmare! Those machines are really made of parts from a company called MTD that compose many other popular brands (Sears Yard Man, etc.). On MTD web site, no way to find information using my machine model number and serial number...my local shop has a hard time getting that part as well.

I really miss my previous Mower, a Lawn Boy. Much less complicated to shop for parts!
 24th of Jul, 2011 by   vicboy +1 Votes
bought a yardworks cordless trimmer/edger (60-2273-4) in april 2010; with light use, it's burned out as of july 2011. shamefully poor product.
 31st of Jul, 2011 by   I HATE CHINA +1 Votes
Live in Ohio - Just bought a Yardworks 14' Tree Pruner w/Limb Saw #265-6010... from Menards - YES, Made in CHINA>. Pkg says "Filetime Warranty" but NO Phone Number, Address, or Website on Pkg. Pruner would NOT operate properly when first opened. Hinge Bolt for cutting blade was Way Too Tight. Got my tools out, losened Bolt and Oiled all moving parts. Hinge mechanism ( Rope & 2 CHEAP plastic pulleys ) still BINDS after pulling rope, and seldom retracts to Start position after cutting a small branch. After 4th small branch, the Hinge SPRING came OUT of the pin on the lever. Back to the tools to Disassemble, put spring back where it belongs and Reassemble. Guess WHY the Spring came out of it's Pin. The manufacturer Cut one leg of the Spring TOO SHORT - it comes OUT Very Easily - AGAIN.
I'm taking this back to Menards today, and if they won't REFUND my money, I'll NEVER shop there again.
 22nd of Aug, 2011 by   3wells +1 Votes
Lachute, Qc. I have a Yardworks 6.5 tonne electric splitter (060-3824-8). Purchased at Canadian Tire . This is my second one, the first broke after one use. Yardworks instructed me to go to a repair depot in my area "DIXIE TOOLS', they were unable to repair it, as the defective switch is no longer available. Yardworks provided me with a return number to bring to Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire replaced the machine immediately. One year later, the same problem! This time, Yardworks said there is nothing that can be done, as I am now outside the warantee period. This a Yardworks problem, the switch is defective at time of purchase, they will not accept responsibility.Although the splitter is only one year old. They will not consider the NEW out of the box machine as being new. I now have a 600$ piece of junk. What would be a recourse for me? ross2287@hotmail.com
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   Sabbas +1 Votes
Last fall I purchased a Yardworks Cordless Compact Lawn Mower and turned it on and it worked for about one minute. I charged it and it has not worked since. It has never gotten a charge of more than two green lights.
I have called your company on numerous occasions over the past several months 905-829-3563. I even took the lawn mower to your Oakville location, 2512 Bristol Circle, only to find the site closed.
Over the phone I was told to have the battery checked at Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire did a voltage test on the charger and found the charger doesn’t work. I don’t know about the battery but enclosed is my receipt and the report from Canadian Tire which I had them printout showing that the charger does not work.
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   Sabbas +1 Votes
Does anyone know the yardworks email address or fax number?

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees