logo

Terrible Business

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Yard works riding lawn tractor, Vegreville, Alberta Complaints & Reviews - tractor is garbage!!!

Yard works riding lawn tractor Contacts & Informations

Yard works riding lawn tractor

Posted:    d sydora

tractor is garbage!!!

canadian tire
Vegreville, Alberta
Canada
I purchased this yardworks tractor in June of 2004, with the 4 year extended warranty. At the time I was told that this was one of the best riding lawnmowers available at canadian tire. I paid $1799.00 plus GST for it.In September of 2004, the transmission blew on the tractor. It was under warranty, so it was replaced at the time the tractor had only 25 hours on it. I had to argue with the service team, they made me wait 3 weeks for an answer and a month to repair it. The following year, july of 2005 the second transmission blew on the tractor, the tractor had 60 hours on it at this time. I had to argue, and explain that the tractor is under warranty I waited 3 weeks for an answer and it took them another 3 weeks to put in the 2nd transmission. I also asked if they could replace the lawn mower because it was only a year old and this was the second transmission put into it, maybe it was a faulty machine. They refused. When I got the tractor back, the service team at Canadian Tire blamed me for the transmissions going for misuse of the tractor. (I only ever used the tractor to cut grass and nothing else) The tractor has never ran the same since, nothing but problems...belts breaking, not cutting properly...For the last two years I have fought with Canadian tire over this tractor, they say there is nothing they can do. We have had new owners in and out of the store almost rapidly and they always tell me there is nothing they can do about or blame the old owners and say I have to clear it up with them. Or I have been told to phone yard works and I have and yard works tells me to call Canadian tire!! Just one big run around game. The day that my warranty ran out the third transmission blew.(the tractor only has 200 hours on it!! In my personal opinion do not ever buy any kind of riding lawnmower through Canadian Tire unless you want to buy garbage and have a permanant and very expensive lawn ornament in your yard.
Comments Canada Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jul, 2008 by   Ron MacKinnon 0 Votes
For the life of me I cannot understand why Canadian Tire would not replace the tractor that had all the problems outlined in the complaint rather than get this kind of publicity. I have a Yardworks lawn tractor a year old and as of yet I have had no problems, but reading this complaint I may think twice before buying another one at Canadian Tire.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   Rymel 0 Votes
I too bought a yardworks tractor in 2004 with a 4 year warranty and have had nothing but problems. I can't keep belts on it, everything rattles untill it falls off and then I have to put things back on with nuts and bolts instead of the cheap little screws they used. Both guards on the deck that cover the pulleys have vibrated until they snapped off. The front grill over the muffler is ready to snap off any time now. After taking it back on warranty 3 times Canadian tire would still do nothing about it. The service repair shop claims there is nothing wrong with the tractor to make all the things fall off. I guess I will spend more money and get a John Deere or Kabota mext time.
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   David Piercey 0 Votes
Also i have trouble with the battery.I can never keep it charged.Any reasons why or how to repair it?
 27th of Mar, 2011 by   bRUINS57 0 Votes
I have a 2009 and everytime I put the deck down to cut it blows black smoke
 19th of May, 2011 by   Donald Klyne 0 Votes
I bought a Yardworks tractor June 2009, since day one it has burnt oil! When I first took it back the contractor for warranty repairs said that was because I used regular gas in it, so he cleaned the carb and put premium gas in it, when I got it home, same problem, only I noticed that the spark plug was stripped!! The contractor went under so that when I took it back again, Briggs and Stratton, the engine mfg said the warranty was voided because I stripped the spark plug!! I'm still fighting with them!!!
 25th of May, 2011 by   mikstik 0 Votes
I have had a yardworks tractor that I purchased in 2004 as well with the snowblower attachment. well to start I am not sure that the problems are with the tractor as with CTC and the way they assemble it. I started with going over the whole machine not even a week after purchase becaue it was falling apart after going over every nut and bolt ia has been running fine but I do find that the service which does not exist at CTC for the tractor is ridiculous they have given me names of service shops that supposedly service these things but forget it and I have been trying now for 2 years to get new blades for my deck still unlucky. I will definately not be buying another riding mower at CTC or anything that requires service ever again .
 25th of Sep, 2011 by   vesa 0 Votes
I bought a yardworks lawn tractor after our house fire since day 1 I have had nothing but problems its blows big clouds of black smoke, everything rattles, won't cut the grass proper, very hard to get started, now it just won't start it is only a year old.I will never purchase another yardworks again.I am very unhappy with this tractor.
 27th of Jun, 2013 by   Shaun.M 0 Votes
Canadian tire can't even find me a replacement drive belt for mine. Tryed 4 different belts none fit. So there it sits in the back yard and we r useing our little push mower for an acre of grass.I suggest never to buy one of these garbage mowers.
 2nd of Oct, 2013 by   ill-treated 0 Votes
Yardworks and the new style Briggs and Stratton OHV engines are garbage! My tractor is less than 4 years old and it uses almost as much oil as it does gas. Belts break -things fall off and it blows noxious smoke all over the neighborhood B and S engines used to be bulletproof but no more. Can Tire need to find a new supplier for ride-on mowers or quit selling their junk mowers alltogether. Yardworks and Briggs and Stratton
NEVER AGAIN !!!

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups