concerning: XYZ Survey Service, LTD
If you are now working with XYZ Surveying or are contemplating working with them in any capacity it would be in your best interest to be aware of the following:
· The current owner, Melva Williams, claims to own the company when in fact she has not resolved payment issues with the two previous owners: Millie Slagle (widow of Mr. David Slagle) & John Hutchinson. Checking with either of them will confirm this. She basically has not paid in full for XYZ and it’s been 2.5 years.
· Melva Williams is in a serious financial crisis herself. More than likely every penny of profit is not reinvested but used for personal reasons (huge debt load). This is evident upon examining payroll problems – one of which is the fact that employees get paid once a month and often late at that. Another is that she still owes former employee’s $ for work performed. Other former employees have had to take her to small claims court to get their back pay and she has numerous incidents of bounced checks.
· Serious breaches of ethical conduct: Has had (if not still) numerous employee’s being paid “under the table”. Once “stopped payment” on a salaried employees’ child support check and used the money to pay another employee “under the table”!!?? Also, has misrepresented a sub-contractor as being a “Staff Surveyor” and has bid large projects (for Surveying Services) without consulting with a staff surveyor. The State Board of Professional Engineers and Surveyors has received complaints (recently) from numerous parties regarding her “professional” conduct in these matters and others.
· As you can imagine there has been a very high employee turnover rate. In fact, since Mr. David Slagel (P.S.) passed away she has had 5 Professional Surveyors in the 2.5 years of owning the company! This does not include whoever is currently being represented as her “Staff Surveyor”. There have been 18+ Field and office employees – and this is a very small company!
· XYZ has numerous “issues” with unresolved work.
· XYZ has had more than one Eviction Notice served at the current rented location.