logo

Park Resorts
Stay far away from Park Resorts
2. (38 mins ago)
VVM Attorneys
I paid off the account, but are still pestered
3. (59 mins ago)
BAYPORT CELLULAR
phone not working
4. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
DPL FLORA FARMS NOIDA
ELEVATIONS AND CREATIONS is a group of street smart fraud boys
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
GHD MIDNIGHT DELUXE SET
EPAY95 COMPLAINT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Xoom.com, San Francisco, California Complaints & Reviews - I should've used Western Union

Xoom.com Contacts & Informations

301 Brannan St # 5
San Francisco, California
Phone: (415) 777-4800
www.xoom.com
I used this company since i wanted to send money to my family in the Philippines for their new year celebration. This company promised a fast, reliable, and smart way to send money so i tried them out, now, i realize i should have just used western union. Here's the problem: dec. 29 we used their website to send $250 to the Philippines (= to php 10,043). The following day, my sister texted us that they (banco de oro - xoom's releasing affiliate) only gave her php 6,300. Our credit card has already been charged the $250 + $14 transaction fee + $8 finance charge, and still, my family has yet to receive the full amount up to now, and it's already jan. 2 in the Philippines. I called their customer service and they said it would take 3 business days to clear this, which is bullcrap because they already have my money and that money was meant for my family to celebrate the holidays. I asked to talk to a supervisor but the agent said he/she was out of the building.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jan, 2008 by   Matthew Mucci 0 Votes
I wanted to post here because I was searching for xoom complaints on the net. I had been using xoom for a year now to send my fiance now wife and her family money because its sender fee is less money. Sometimes delivery took 3 days but all was ok, up till just now I saw a negative in my checking account and there was a charge for 409.99 from Xoom which I never authorized. I immediately called Xoom and reported it I also saw two other transactions that I did not authorize all made on the same day and the funds were supposed to be sent to her mother, but I know my wife nor I did this nor anyone in her family. I deleted all my bank info out of xoom. I am so upset because I think if the amount is so high from what I normally send they should have verified it with me via phone call or email before allowing it. Their site is not secure enough.

I called Xoom and they said they would send it to the fraud department, someone from Xoom called me later that same day to confirm it and he said they would do their best to try to stop the other two transaction and these were for 610.99 and 810.99. The transactions didnt stop they still came thru my bank, I reported this to my bank also so I can get these charges reversed. I submitted disputes thru my bank and Xoom told me on their end it could take 5-8 days for the process to complete. Grrrrrrrr so basically Xoom is not so good to me now and I will not use their service again.
 5th of Mar, 2008 by   Michael Pangilinan 0 Votes
Xoom is deteriorating in service. Normally I would get my remittance in a couple of hours which was cool. But today, the very same clients who send me money via xoom were put on hold. They were saying something like echecks clearing. But get this... the payments were made by credit card which Xoom, as usual, cannot answer.

I complained to them and say my piece. They answer me recurringly that of clearing. I explained again and guess what? They send me the exact original message with nothing to explain. Looks like Xoom is a scam!

The worst part of it is that they have the sender's money. So talk about bad service, XOOM is robbing people right now!
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   Ival 0 Votes
Yeah i agree, i think xoom is doing something with the funds. I was having the same problems with them whenever i get transactions from my buyers or my senders. They would report the transaction as COMPLETE but the funds were never even deposited into my bank account. And when i did some complaining, they keep saying the same thing over and over again... that my profile did not match the recipients. What the fuck! How did they even decided to make the transaction complete when they themselves have said that my profile did not match the recipients? Guess what, i checked my profile and bank details in my xoom account and there was nothing wrong with it. I suggest we do something about this, maybe make a full report that xoom is doing something fishy with their clients funds. They have to be stopped.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Dave 0 Votes
Xoom is charging to transfer the funds and it seems they are then holding the funds to get interest on them. I recommend that anyone looking to transfer money rapidly consider using Western Union instead.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   scott -1 Votes
I sent two transactions of 2500usd each a day apart for deposit on house. Canceled them about 4 days later because funds had not been released. Now it has been over 8 days Im waiting for my 5000usd to be put back in my bank account.
I sent the deposit via Western Union to and it was available literally that day for pickup in USD. My wife and I have been using Western Union for about 8 years and decided to try XOOM for their less rates. I say to all of you do not use XOOM. They are a rip-off and you will be very disappointed.

Im still waiting as of today, April 12th 2008 for my 5000 to be credited back. Now I can only pray its returned sometime next week. I need this money its my money but XOOM is playing dumb about it.

Consumers please beware of this outfit and use the trusted and proven W. Union or your own bank.

Scott
Captain Major US Air Carrier
Boeing 767, 757, 737
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   Jose Perfecto Salazar 0 Votes
I was surprised that there were many complains against xoom. I have been a xoom user and I had problem once with them but I ignore it and I opted to continue transacting with them. But now, I feel so helpless. I sent money through xoom (April 5) because they have partnership with my bank in the Philippines; they have this offer that your transaction will take hours and not days but it has been more than a week now and my money is not yet deposited to my account. I am so upset because this money is intended to buy medicine. I tried several times to contact xoom. Last Wednesday when I first called xoom (April 9), the customer representative told me that my money will deposited to BPI account Friday morning but until it is now Monday afternoon the money is not deposited. When I asked why it is taking so long, he told me that was because I used my checking account. Of course it was not true; if you look at the web site, "the hours not days" promo is for all kinds of payment mode. Out of frustrations with the untrained customer representative, I even tried to email several times.

Last Saturday (April 12), I contacted xoom again, they said that my issue will be handled as a high priority issue and that they will contact me immediately as soon as possible; but until now I get no email or call from xoom.

Not only that the transaction is taking so long, xoom has very poor customer service obviously; it was very hard to deal with untrained customer representatives. Customer representatives do not even know how to treat customers; giving wrong information and not doing the promise to the customer.

I do not know if it will help, I feel so helpless I even submitted a complain to the Better Business Bureau. What protection can you get from this kind of company.
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   BCM 0 Votes
Send your Money through XOOM loose your peace of mind KABOOM.
BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE extremely poor service.
money sent is money went - no one has a straight answer in Xoom
 4th of May, 2008 by   dairis 0 Votes
Wow. thanks to all of you for taking the time to post all these comments about this company. You all save me a great deal of "hell to come my way". I was seriously considering sending money to my native country, Dominican Republic, but it looks that I'll be facing the same problems as you are. I'm very sorry this has happened to you. We all work very hard for our money to have a multi-million company rob us of this. Good looking out guys; and yes, I will go w//western Union. Thanks a Million!!!
 5th of May, 2008 by   Rey Alpuerto 0 Votes
I agree with all the warning against this company -Xoom.com. I sent money to the philippines last April 15 and unfortunately my girlfriend became so busy and wasnt able to pick up the money right away. April 27, my girlfriend alerted me that somebody else picked up the money. I called xoom to notify them regarding this incident but their customer relations agent just dont have any idea on how to handle the situation. They keep assuring me that they are actively investigating my case and that the specialist will handle everything. its been a week and i'm not close to resolving my case. Aside from the automated reply that i get from them. The most they could provide me is the the proof of payment which is nothing but a paper that indicates that the money was disbursed to the wrong person. On the paper the signature was definitely not my girlfriends signature. Right now Xoom is practically ignoring my communication with them. This company is not a secure way for money transfer. With my case, even the secret word that i provided was determined by the person who stole my money. I have a strong feeling that this is an inside job because this info is only known to me and my girlfriend and people who works for xoom. Since I paid a fee to ensure a secure way to send my money i think xoom has the obligation to deliver the service they claim on their website ... and that means to disburse the money to the right recipient and not to any recipient. I dont know how i could retrieve the money that i lost and I dont feel xoom is committed to resolving my case. If anybody knows any other way to channel my complaint, it would be greatly appreciated. What I can say from this is XOOM IS DEFINITELY A SCAM/ FRAUD. So beware!!!
 7th of May, 2008 by   Ranesh 0 Votes
Wow! Thank God I found this site. I needed to do a Direct Deposit transfer of $3000 to the U.S but I thought I should check on xoom's reputation. I have used them once about 6 weeks ago to transfer $100 to a merchant in the U.S. After a few days their status indicated that the transaction was complete. Then about a day or two after that I received an email from Xoom saying the receving Bank had rejected the transaction saying that it was an invalid account, although according to my Merchant the account details were correct. But fortunately for me, Xoom refunded the money back to my Paypal account.

After reading all these complaints, I will NOT be using Xoom to transfer money. Now I need to find another reliable way to transfer funds via Direct Deposit.
 12th of May, 2008 by   Rodrigo 0 Votes
I am really disappointed with Xoom, I thought it was a good service but meh...
I wanted to transfer $150 to my bank account in Brazil and, unfortunately, that didn't work, the status said 'Canceled', didn't show what went wrong, nothing.
I contacted xoom's support service asking them what happened and to refund my money (I paid through PayPal), they didn't say anything about what went wrong with my transaction and said they've already refunded my money. Same thing in 3 emails and so far no refund!
I really don't know what to do, I guess I'll keep mailing them until I get my refund back.

Don't use Xoom, waste of time and money.
 13th of May, 2008 by   Maria 0 Votes
DO NOT USE XOOM! I completely agree, very poor customer service. Call reps do not know what they're saying, cannot express in english very effectively, they say something where they're supposed to mean somethingelse.

Well what do you expect? They are Filipinos who doesn't speak english in their everyday life. Conversational english is different and way different when you work a job where you know policies by heart, not telling customers over and over again the same thing out of a script. So you ask them something they read it from a script, over and over again, and end up giving wrong information. CRAP!

I have been using xoom for almost a year now with e-check to send money to my mom who has my two little girls in Cebu, Philippines. So far with my previous transactions I did not have any problem, until last Thursday May 9, 2008. Since me and my bf were coordinating our finances and I had to send money to Cebu that day, knowing that Xoom as it promises, fast and reliable service right? Yeah right. We decided to use his checking account. Indeed, I entered his checking account bank and routing numbers, and after clicking authorization I realized they did not ask for his name. The xoom account was under my name, so we thought how can they collect money from Bank of America saying a Maria this and that has done a xoom transaction, they did not even call my bf to ask if indeed he authorized that transaction. So because of fear that it would be rejected anyways, we called xoom to ask. No call rep was able to give us a good answer, gave us wrong information, so we had the impression that if we cancel it and make another transaction through my debit account, the first transaction won't be collected.

I continually asked to talk to a manager but the call rep made an obvious excuse the manager is in a conference. Like I believed her. I told her, if you collect that first transaction by Monday, am gonna call u and cuss you out again. I was really pissed.

Come Monday, they collected the money from Bank of America, we did not even send the tracking account for that transaction and my mom of course did not collect it. We had cancellation confirmation but now WE KNOW, there is no cancellation on xoom's vocabulary. Even if you cancel your transaction? They are not ending the transaction there, they let it complete, collect money from your bank AND refund you after 5-10 days after they did something to your money right?

DO NOT CANCEL your transaction, there is no cancellation EVER. They still collect your money.

We are going to send a complaint to The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland. We all should do this.
 13th of May, 2008 by   Rodrigo 0 Votes
Guess what?
Their e-mail to receive paypal payments does not exist!
My paypal account shows that the payment was sent to customersupport@xoom.com. I've sent an e-mail to that address talking about the problem I had using their service and few minutes later I got this message back:
---
Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc2-s37.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY132-DS3
Arrival-Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:26:04 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;customersupport@xoom.com
Action: failed
Status: 5.7.1
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 User unknown customersupport@xoom.com
---
After that, I've sent another message through their website and I said that this (wrong address to receive paypal payments) could be the problem and asked them what they could do to help me end this issue‏. They replied saying that I've violated their T.O.S. (Yeah right)
I Again, sent another e-mail, I was surprised with that, and asked what happened and why they didn't answer my last question. After that they only replied with the same e-mail over and over.
I guess I can only count with PayPal to end this issue.

Resuming:
They don't know that they deal with PEOPLE and not with machine as they think.
It's a waste of time to use that POOR, WEAK, HORRIBLE service.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND XOOM

I'd definitely send a complaint if I were in USA.

I am VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED with that CRAP!
 14th of May, 2008 by   brian 0 Votes
I also have a story to share about Xoom, Last Year Dec 26, 07. Somebody used my xoom account and send a money to a certain:
Name: Jacquelyn Anne Franco
Address 1: 1913 Jose Abad Santos St.
City: Sta Mesa
State: Manila
Postal Code: 1016

In which i have not know the person or anybody in manila. Then I have emmidiately cancel the said transaction and email xoom back and fort and finally it all cleared and immidiately cancel my account with them... It is pretty scary when I only use 1 computer to do my transaction with xoom and its in my room and nobody use it except me...So I conclude ITS AN INSIDE JOB!!!
 23rd of May, 2008 by   ivalnaz 0 Votes
Their contact numbers are fake! Obviously they don't want client to contact them whenever there are complaints. That is one Big factor for SCAM Company! No way to contact them directly. E-mails are useless, their customer service are intentionally saying bull craps to their clients to delay delivery of funds. I don't know to some people but i think they are keeping the funds for themselves now.

I would like to take them out of business so they cannot scam more people and rob them of their hard earned monies. Can anyone make any suggestions how we are going to do this?
 26th of May, 2008 by   Tina 0 Votes
XOOM IS SUCK!!!

I sent money to my family in Vietnam and it took 13 days for them to get the money!!! I asked and asked and asked their customer services BUT and their responses did not answer my questions. There was a typo mistake regarding to the recipient telephone number and I corrected immediately with the confirmation from XOOM. Turned out that they DID NOT update this change on their system and when the recipient got money after waiting 13 days, the telephone number still wrong. This irresponsible is NOT accepted.

You should NEVER use this service. I got a lesson
 13th of Jun, 2008 by   jeelee 0 Votes
XOOM's SERVICE IS BULLCRAP!

I sent the money wedenesday morning up until sunday no wire has been done to my family. I called and asked for my options. They said I can cancel. But heres the catch. If Ic ancel, they will refund my money in TEN DAYS! What kind of bullshit is that??!! Their commercials say its minutes to receive it. Its all Lies! And whenever you call their customer service, it would take you AT LEAST 30 minutes to be assisted with. Worse customer service. Dont even try them. Not unless you want to be scammed. Consider this as a warning.
 18th of Jun, 2008 by   Eden Waldhauer 0 Votes
I sent money to the Philippines ($2, 000) plus $60 charge on May 12, 2008. The money did not get there as advertised, their reason, technical problem and could not locate the tracking number and could not get hold of the specialist. I canceled my transaction on May 23, 2008 and asked for a refund and I was promised to have the money back within ten working days, as of this time, the money is nowhere to be found. I called numerous times, sent e-mails, faxed and sent letters but still to no avail. XOOMA (PRONOUNCED AS ZUMA) YOU ARE THE ANACONDA! THE DUMBEST WAY TO SEND MONEY! WESTERN UNION - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
 30th of Jun, 2008 by   Gail 0 Votes
I have the same problem I wished I have read all these complaints before I sent $2000. The first 2 times I sent small ($600) money with them it was deposited right away. Another problem with this people is the exchange rate was so low.
Now, this is ridiculous as I was given some reason "clearing like a check through the Federal Reserve" when it was a bank transfer, not a check was the reason that its taking longer. It already cleared my bank accountwithin 5 minutes of my online transfer. I will now go to our Attorney General to complaint about their lies and scam. Then they offer refund, I said NO deposit it to the account in the Philippines. If I asked for refund, it will take years definitely.

This company should be shut down. I agree we should all go to our Attorney General, and I will complete the form right now. Also, filed a complaint from Better Business Bureau today, there are so many complaints in BBB website about them too. I will follow-up my case with BBB to ensure Xoom don't try to scam anyone of us again.
I will definitely change the service provider.
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   N 0 Votes
I sent money to a bank in philippines through paypal. Paypal confirmed the payment is complete and my credit card has been dedeucted. But according to xoom, the disbursement failed. I have emailed them but have not got a response. They did not explain why disbursement failed. So where did my money go to? Im very angry. Their service is so lousy. I think they stole my money or something.

Is Work at Home Scam or Real Deal?

Latest Groups