logo

Posted:    loveprevails

SCAM

Indiana
xoom.com
At first we sent money to the Philippines with Xoom and it was fast. Then we sent money to Canada..$500 & this was sent on Dec. 21, 2009..The amount was taken from our bank in the course of one day..It got to the Canadian bank on Dec. 31, 2009 and it was canceled because they said the account number was wrong or something. Now it's January 5, 2009.. and still NO MONEY BACK. At first their email said 1-3 days..(sent on Dec. 31.) then they sent another email saying 3-7 days(sent Dec. 31)! Then we called again and it was the center in the Philippines and they said they can't do ANYTHING, because the only ones who can do anything about it is the customer service in California. What kind of company promises fast, reliable, service? It has been WEEKS. We called them several times.. the people keep saying they'll do something.. BUT NOTHING. I hate xoom. They're a bunch of scammers.

Oh and we asked for LEGAL documents that the bank sent them but all they did was send an explanation. We asked again for the second time.. and still no proof. I really wish that they really are not scammers and just have too much transactions going on.. but 3 weeks.. and the money is still not refunded? C'mon.

Comments United States Inheritance Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jul, 2011 by   Mario, California, San Diego 0 Votes
XOOM IS GARBAGE!

At first, with all of the fancy web page design, I took a chance with this service to send some urgently needed money to my wife in Mexico. After a few days delay in receiving my confirmation that the money had been received, I was told that my transaction was "CANCELED" due to incorrect information submitted. Now, I have been on the phone with their customer service for the past few hours, only for them to tell me that the matter is "Out of Their Hands"! Now, I have to wait 5 - 10 DAYS!!! for my money to be returned to me. This is a total MICKEY MOUSE company. They weren't able to answer any of my questions or give me any further information, other than, the wire was sent using 2 sur-names and they needed a third. Now, if my wife only has a first and last name, WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?????

This is a total SCAM! STAY AWAY AND DEAL WITH A REPUTABLE MONEY WIRE TRANSFER COMPANY.

LIKE WESTERN UNION.