logo

Rooms Furniture & Accessories
Rooms Furniture & Accessories
3. (8 mins ago)
EZ Body Slimmer
Need to bring back the original ingredients!!!!
4. (13 mins ago)
Charges after the cancellation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware PC Health Advisor Complaints & Reviews - I did not authorize this membership

XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware PC Health Advisor Contacts & Informations

XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware PC Health Advisor

Posted: 2011-12-12 by    cherylannm56

I did not authorize this membership

PC Health Advisor
paretologic.com
On November 6, 2011 I purchased Paretologic's PCHealth Advisor and the XoftSpySE Anti-spyware through Safecart.com using Paypal.com for the amount of $39.94. This amount was $29.97 for the PC Health Advisor and $9.97 for the XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware. This was represented as a purchase of a program.
On November 3, 2011 my Paypal account was set up with a recurring annual charge of $29.97 for the PCHealth Advisor and $9.97 for the XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware.
At no time did I authorize this recurring payment. If an annual membership fee was required for the program, it was not indicated any where in the websites. And to automatically set up a payment schedule without any notice or authorization is illegal isn't it?
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Dec, 2011 by   Pareto Rep 0 Votes
Hi Cheryl,

The ParetoLogic automatic renewal service is offered on the original product purchase page, where it can be included or removed from the overall purchase. I regret to hear about this misunderstanding.

You can cancel automatic renewals at any time, and I’ve included instructions below.

(“SafeCart” is ParetoLogic’s payment processor, which is why their website is used for account setup, and appears in the instructions below.)

1) Go to https://www.safecart.com/new-login/
2) Fill out the form with the details from your original ParetoLogic purchase
3) Make a secure password
4) Enter your password again in the "confirm password" box
5) Click "Create Account"

Now that you have a SafeCart account, you can log in and cancel automatic renewals by following these steps:

1) Go to https://www.safecart.com/login/ and log in using the password you just made
2) Click "Edit" next to the name of the ParetoLogic program you want to cancel
3) Click "Unsubscribe" directly above "Product Names"
4) When the "Are you sure?" warning appears, click “OK”

Automatic renewal is now cancelled.

Of course, ParetoLogic support is also always available to assist in any way:

Thanks very much!
 6th of Jan, 2012 by   roruna 0 Votes
I have just had a similar experience with this company - I'm a UK user. If there was agreement with the original purchase, I failed to see it, so must have been very well hidden. Sneaky!
I paid the original subscription (and the recent one, which I feel is unauthorised) via Paypal, and have left this matter in their hands for the time being.
Buyer beware!!!
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   Egalitarian 0 Votes
Exactly what has just happened to me. I purchased a Pareto logic program to recover data. It didn't succeed in recovering the data and I bought another program to do the job. Then a year later, Paypal hit me with two charges for 2 Pareto Logic programs. I did not set up a recurring charge, as I had no need to. The software was needed for a one-off job.
There are two things here: Paypal should confirm by e-mail that you intend to set up a recurring charge, and Pareto should advise that the software will be automatically renewed, prior to charging my account.
It has a rather nasty flavour to it, and if it's not intentional (and therefore warrants the title of scam) then it's a short-term way of doing business. I now have less trust in Pareto and less trust in PayPal.

Last Minute School Shopping