logo

2. (10 mins ago)
www.cheaplunarglide4.com
Fraud.
3. (14 mins ago)
Bata India (Hush Puppies)
Sole Torn apart (from centre) of newly purchased shoes
4. (28 mins ago)
Days Buying Trade CO., LTD
Days Buying Trade CO., LTD Fake
5. (34 mins ago)
Rachel Seenie Talent Agency
photoshoots!Unprofessional & A WAste of MOney!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Xbids.com Complaints & Reviews - scam

Xbids.com Contacts & Informations

Xbids.com

Posted:    dumbfunded

scam

I can't believe I fell for this. I am usually savvy about shady things. I thought that this was an Ebay type of thing and I could check it out before doing anything but it's NOT. I registered to be able to read more about the site and see how it worked. to my horror I received a message telling me I just purchased $75 worth of bids. of course I didn't and nowhere does it even give you an option of purchasing any package. this is hidden somewhere in default and you can't see it. I have sent them e-mails to get my money back. they sent me 1 e-mail saying they would call me to resolve this and they never did. I am going to start to threat them maybe that will work. I am unemployed and I don't have $75 to throw in the trash. DO NOT USE XBIDS.COM SITE IT IS A SCAM THAT WILL COST YOU $75 AT A MINIMUM
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Nov, 2010 by   mygenericemail2010 0 Votes
DONT threaten this company, file a scam complaint with the FBI.
Go to www.fbi.gov and file an internet fraud complaint about this company.
Ive had to do this with 2 scams on ebay in the past.
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   golfgal 0 Votes
I fell for the same scam. I read what I figure now is a phony news article from some phony newspaper, on-line, and clicked on the site. I then registered and stupidly gave my credit card number, thinking I was simply registering for the site. Suddenly, I am re-directed to my account status and now see that I've been charged $75.00. This was suppose to be a Black Friday deal...scam! I got the same email saying someone would call me and not to send anymore emails. NO call so far. I have watched the auctions and it would take all day sitting in front of my computer to even sniff out a deal. Someone is sitting back laughing all the way to the bank. Please keep us posted if you get any resolution from these scam artists!
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   annamae 0 Votes
I just did the same thing they promised they would call. never agreed to purchase anything they charged me the 75.00 to, i have contacted my credit card company just as soon as i realized what they were doing . Now i have to wait for the charge to go through before it can be disputed. I also received several emails asking me not to keep sending emails said they would call shortly never did. I never placed any bid just canceled the transaction. Once you go to this site they ask you for information to look at this site before you know it they want your credit info to check the site out dummy me trusted this now i am fighting for my money back.
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   Suttondl 0 Votes
I myself, fell for this scam and again my complaint, inquiry was there was nothing written anywhere stating that there was going to be a charge to register which claims it is a free registration. When I went to submit my free registration, I was then given a transaction number stating that I have purchased 150 bids for $75.00. I called my bank and of course they could do nothing because it was debit transaction and not a credit card transaction. I did e-mail Xbids and received a confirmation of my inquiry. If there are any other legal action that comes from these complaints, count me in. I want to be notified and I am going to complain to the BBB and consumer protection agency along with the FBI. This is another underhanded way of getting money out of people and calling it a legitimate business. I watched the bidding process and everytime a bid came in the time started all over again never ending at the time the clock was suppose to run out. Someone definately needs to look into this business. I know there are others out there as well.
 27th of Nov, 2010 by   mygenericemail2010 0 Votes
I went to Xbids.com and yes, it does state how the site works, and that you have to buy bids. But the people involved are complaining about AUTOMATICALLY having this processed when they have registered.
Apparently the site does NOT give you the option of buying whatever package deal you want, they AUTOMATICALLY charge you for one...which IS NOT LISTED ANYWHERE.

As I would also tend to agree this is on the "scam" side of things, it is definately unethical business practice NOT to tell people who want to register that they are FORCED to purchase a package deal with thier registration.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   bidsmart +1 Votes
I read and understood exactly what the site was offering. The complaints made by some of you should have a reality check. If you don't understand that putting your CC # in a field, online, in your computer, on a website, that you are not going to be charged????? Really?? If you are not educated enough to understand that, I suggest you stick to emails from your friends and family and not venture out of those parameters. Purchasing on Xbids is definitely a learning and not for the sheep, but if you learn the psychology of the bidder and the variables (i.e. limited amount of bids, time and value) you can be quite successful. They actually on limit you to 10 -12 won bids, I'm sure for good business reason. I recently won a bid for a $1800 MAC pro series, 15', 24Ghz for $180 bid price and $75 in bids. Total cost $255. Sold for $800. Profit 545$. Not a bad day in shopping for 3 hours tops. Patience and intellect is your only true cost other than the $255.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   sporty1 -1 Votes
XBids is not a scam. They are even listed with the BBB with an 800 number, address and more info on the company.

I feel that most people complaining are ones that did indeed know what they were doing, but when they didn't win any auctions, and had no more bids left, they felt burned. It is clear as day what you are getting when you register, and you even put in your CC infor on the package selection page, with the $75 package being the default one. I for one registered, paid them the $75 for the bids, and have since that time won my limit of auctions for 28 days. I won an ipod shuffle 2gb for $.80 and 5 bids. That is a nice deal if you ask me. And that is one of 10 items I have won and have either received or they are otw to me.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   chescat -2 Votes
Hey Sporty1- I am educated . If there is an 800# I sure would like you to post it so the ones that got ripped off could at least try to get it resolved. Personaly I think you work for xbids trying to do damage control!
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   heythatsmymoney 0 Votes
XBIDS is a rip off and a scam. You go to the site and think you are filling out a new member ID verification and are suddenly charged 75 dollars to your credit card. There is NO AUTHORIZATION process - Beware.

For 75 dollars you are given 135 bids. Each Bid costs 60 cents. These are not like Ebay where they send you to the next page to confirm. The second you click on anything, you are charged. Since I was stuck with 135 bids, I tried to use them. What a joke. Their timers are a work of trickery - If you think it is the last 15 seconds of the auction, it is not. These timers are reset under 15 seconds for any bid at all. So imagine how long that lasts. Much longer than the last two minutes of a football game, that is for sure.

So if you bid 10 times on an auction ( you aren't going to win) you are charged six dollars. When you are done, and you lose the auction, say for a 100 dollar gift card, you are A) Either out the cash or B) able to purchase the item for the VALUE fee. Well, their Value fees are retail - meaning whatever the actual store charges. So you can buy the 100 dollar gift card for 94 dollars or throw your six dollars out the window. It is complete bull.

Be warned that this site has links that look and seem legit. Why our customers love us, etc. What they made here, is a fraudulent site with fake Channel 9 News reporters with the same name as CNN reporters. You think you are on a news site, and click on the links, say to sports, politics, etc. You are immediately sent to XBIDS. It is a COMPLETE and TOTAL SCAM.

They are making thousands of dollars a minute on these items! If a gift card that you can purchase for 100 dollars goes well over 30 dollars at penny intervals, those gift card bids earned over 1800 dollars for the people in charge of the site.

I would immediately contact your bank if you fell for this, change your credit card number and never fall for this type of scam again. I'll stick with Ebay and Amazon for my deals.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   helpingeachother +1 Votes
All I've lost so far is the $75. I got onto the site and saw how it worked, how much bids would cost, how time consuming it is when there have been people bidding on the same item (in 12 second increments) for 3 hours now and it still hasn't been won by anyone. Ugh! I decided to cancel my membership but couldn't find their address or 800# to contact them. I went immediately to the BBB. They ARE NOT affiliated with the BBB at all. The only history they have with the BBB are numerous complaints filed. Here is some of what I learned about this xBids.com from the BBB: 4 refund complaints filed, 4 exchange complaints filed, 2 sales practice issues, all closed complaints due to no response. The BBB has a rating on businesses weather they are affiliated with the BBB or not and the rating goes from A-F like ones grades would if your in school. The BBB reported xBids.com with an "F" rating. I'm going to file a internet fraud complaint with the FBI (www.fbi.gov). For anyone above still needing info on xBids.com, here is the information I got from the BBB: Phone: 888-649-2437. Address (physical) X.BIDS.COM One Market Street Spear Tower, 35th Floor San Francisco, California 94105. EMAIL: almedin@xbids.com or support@xbids.com. I hope my comments helped some of you out :) Everyone gets scammed at least once in a lifetime and there is no need for anyone on here to make one feel worse than they already do for not seeing this company as it really is. Good luck to all of you!!! Renee
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   Shiverina +1 Votes
Never used Xbids. Looking over the site and reading comments tells me that there was a gap in expectations versus delivery of the service. Here's how it works:

1. Sign up on Xbids - use a CC (required), charged $75.
That $75 is translated into a # of bids. Think tickets at an amusement park - ride XYZ costs 10 tickets.
2. Start bidding. Each bid you make costs you "tickets" from your pool that you spent $75 on.
3. You can be outbid - you lose money and spend more tickets to continue bidding on an item.
4. You may not win. Spent tickets are a sunk cost.
5. If you win, your total cost was $75 (for the bids) + the winning amount, hopefully a fraction of the real retail value of the item.

How to beat the system:
1. Get your expectations in check.
2. Don't get on there to buy 1 item.
3. The larger the retail value of the item, hopefully the fewer people bidding, + the greater potential to purchase for less than retail value.
4. Don't see your initial $75 buy in as part of your "purchase price". That money is required # of "tickets" that you have to buy. Just see it as pre-paid bids.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   gmm200 0 Votes
I was also mislead by XBIDS and got charged $75 . But when I disputed that charge with my CC company, my charges were reversed by my credit card company. The investigative department of my credit card company told me that they have received many complaints about XBIDs. This was 7 weeks ago and Xbids has not tried to rebill me again.
I have written to the AG of California about XBIDS being a ponzie scheme and need to be procecuted and shut down.
I am enclosing a copy of my complaint to AG in this message. Any body who has been scammed by XBIDS and paid by CC can get their charges reversed if you dispute this charge with your CC company. The more people complain to AG the more there is chance that AG will take legal action against this ponzie scheme.
Here is the copy of my complaint to AG and I hope every body sends this to AG.

Please investigate xbids.com a penny auction site. They are running a ponzie scheme.
This business has no physical address and has only a virtual office address without any employees. No body can find out who is the owner or CEO of this company. The website is registered by proxy to hide the identity of the owner of this company.
The telephone number they list on the customer's monthly card statement is a computer generated answering service informing the customer that no body can get in touch with them on that telephone number.
Although they advertise that one can win a product at huge discount they do not have any product to ship or a warehouse from where to ship. They charge $75 to join the bidding but then interfere with the time clock in the last 15 seconds again and again to mislead the bidder.
Although the bidding price is shown to go up by one cent at a time the owner of this website actually collects 60 cents per bid.
Example I won $100 walmart gift card for $40. This means there were 4000 bids at one cents each which equals ( 4000 x 60 cents=$2400) which the owner of this website pockets and the only thing he does for that $2400 is order $100 gift card from walmart and tell walmart to ship it directly to the winner. So Xbids collects $2400 for one phone call to walmart. And every body has to put up $75 to join this ponzie scheme and only person who always wins is the owner of this ponzie scheme.
This is a pure and simple ponzie scheme run by owners of xbids.In the last few months they must have made millions by this ponzie scheme.
No physical address, no telephone number and no goods to deliver. False and misleading advertisement. It seems like one smart scam artist with one computer in his garage running this whole ponzie scheme and scamming millions of dollars from unsuspecting public.
Please see BBB investigative report on XBIDS and also hundreds of complaints about xbids on goole complaint site.
Please shut this pnzie sceme down and take the owners of this site ( if you can find them) to court.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   bsrawhide 0 Votes
Yes big rip off and scam, and good luck on getting a refund. Their customer service rep stated " that Our Terms of Service states that once a user cancels an account he/she agrees to forfeit all unused bids or auction items yet to be claimed. The user is no longer able to re-register using the same email address for a period of two months. According to the information we have on file your account has been canceled. When you canceled your account you checked a box stating you agreed with our Terms of Service and you were warned of the consequences of canceling an account. " There is NOTHING in their Terms of Service (http://www.xbids.com/support/terms-of-service.html) stating anything about canceling and no refunds. I have copied all my emails to the fbi, BBB, and Ca AG.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   mickeytnyc 0 Votes
My complaint is different. I purchased quite a few bid packs and WON several items total over $1, 300. Their policy states that they deliver items within 2-14 days. It has been nearly 5 WEEKS and nothing has been shipped. I seriously am doubting if they even have the product. There IS NO Telephone contact info and I have generally received a computer generated response, saying that they are behind in shipping items due to Holidays and backorders... IT all smells like FRAUD to me. I will be filing complaints with the Dept. of Justice in California and all other appropriate Agencies if items not shipped this week.

In all fairness, if I do receive items, I will try to post that on here as well...but am not holding my breath.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   mickeytnyc 0 Votes
WON ITEMS totaling $1, 300 and it has been 5 weeks with NOTHING delivered (website says 2 -14days). Mostly computer generated responses or someone with the same name over and over again saying they are behind in shipping, items will be sent "next week." This response started appx. 3 weeks ago and still NOTHING.

I seriously question whether they have items an dwill be filing a complaint with the Calif Dept. of Justice, etc if they do not ship this week. In all fairness, I will try to post and let all know if they DO ship, but not holding my breath.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   SueEF 0 Votes
I too did not read all the (fine) print and registered and got $75 in bids. So I e-mailed them in Nov. and they told me I would get a refund... Well people if this is such a company that does legal dealings then where is my refund ...it does not take 3 months for a refund. I want my money back . My next step is too call 7 can help...I also tryed the telephone number and it tells u to go to the website this is a scam...
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   Chrisianna 0 Votes
I purchased a $100 Walmart card on December 15th, now it is January 28th, no card. Emails state they are backlogged due to the holiday. I would stay FAR FAR away from this site. I put in a case with my credit card company to cancel the charges but very frustrated at this point. I understand the penny auctions NOW...would never ever go near this or any other site again.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   SunshineMN +1 Votes
I am not getting a good feeling about this site either.
I do agree that once you do the sign up the next thing you know you paid $75.00. I thought I would try it. I have won 2 auctions.
Now on to another issue that I didnt see anyone comment on. I have been waiting since early Dec to get my bought & paid for items. I have sent emails to get staus & they told me sorry. They should ship soon and we will give you a few free bids for your troubles. No bids showed up & neither have my itmes. I sent another email & still not word back.
Very disappointed! So much for my good deal Christmas present that is going on 2 months late.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   saraelizabeth +1 Votes
I have not received any of the 5 items I won between Dec. 7 and Dec. 13, 2010. I am continually being told that the items are back ordered. How can they continually auction off these items when they don't have them in stock. I too believe this is a total scam and will never see the items. I just contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges. We will see what happens. If I receive the items, I will gladly end the dispute.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   junkyarddog +1 Votes
This Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think we ALL know why that is :)

Bartender Scams