logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
flippiness.com
This company wants only your money
2. (7 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
clothing-dropship.com
They stated that no payment was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Wyndham Vacation Resorts / Timeshares Complaints & Reviews - Scam promise!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts / Timeshares Contacts & Informations

Wyndham Vacation Resorts / Timeshares

Posted:    WyndhamVacationResortsScamInformant

Scam promise!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts
I am completely appalled by what I am about to tell you. Purchased a timeshare from Fairfield Fairshare Plus Resorts currently doing business as Wyndham Vacation Resorts, RCI, Cendant Inc (parent company). Being skeptical about the ease and worry free vacation promise, they promised big vacation savings, convenience, flexibility, and great customer service. All false. My main contention for buying this timeshare was my inability to use it yearly and lengthy advance reservations. “No problem, you can bank up to 4 years of unused timeshare, ” They preached. I have called several times and have not had any unused timeshare banked because I called to early, too late, on time and they still miss handled it. They told me if I ever need to stay in a hotel call one off the list and use my vacation points to get a room. That sounded good, so I tried that by calling their hotel number for a reservation 16 days in advance. They mail a certificate to use in about 14 days. I left and the certificate never arrived, how convenient is that, shouldn’t it be click, click and in the mail? I asked to have it emailed and I will print it out, or let me right down the numbers needed to check in. What a hassle. I had to pay for hotel, and never got reimbursed by Fairfield. As it turns out, they embellished, lied about the ease of getting a hotel if I am traveling by car and need to stop and get a room.

As a bonus for being a new wonderfully appreciated customer (sucker) I received a free vacation week. I found out 2 years later by a Fairfield sales person, that Fairfield was charging me maintenance assessment fees for the free vacation time. According to a Fairfield sales person, and a Fairfield customer service representative, that should not happen. Not resolved.
Fairfield’s timeshare costs about $600 per year in maintenance fees for a week vacation. And in addition, a $5 monthly service fee for mailing a monthly bill. Fairfield’s scam begins by calling me to give them a credit card number for an automatic maintenance fee withdrawal to eliminate the $5 per month service fee for mailing the monthly maintenance assessment fee. I refused twice, and gave them my credit card number for the automatic withdrawal the third time they called.

The scam continues with a letter saying my maintenance fee is two months over due. I called customer service several times over several months. Their responses were first, you’re all set up and we have been making withdrawals, we’ll research this and get back to you. Second, they said we’ll remove this, it may take a month. Two months later I call customer service after receiving another late payment letter, and explain my previous calls, to resolve this mistake. Now customer service tells me to disregard future letters, we have your information, we will take care of this. Now a collection letter arrives. I call and explain previous conversation and also request an audit of my maintenance billing including the over charge of maintenance fees. I demanded to find out where my payments were going in a detailed monthly, itemized break down. Then in a later phone conversation they tell me I must pay a fee to get that information. I told them this is your mistake, I want to know where my money has been going, and I am not going to give them any money till they send me my requested audit in writing.

Wyndham, formerly Fairfield, then send collection letters from their Assessment Recovery Group, with mounting monthly fees. In 14 plus phone conversations with these people, they refuse to send me any information in writing. They tell me they want payment, but refuse to put it in writing. They refuse to direct me to anyone else. They refuse to send me a written letter detailing why this is happening. I have written two letters getting no response. In one conversation an ARG representative told me what was on their computer screen, I asked to print that out and mail or email me. They refused. I commented to the Wyndham customer service rep. that it sounds busy there; do you have to call a lot of people? Their response was, Thousands. That sounds like a scam to me when the incentive is to avoid resolution for greater monetary gain.
I am appalled at Wyndham’s lack of effort and avoidance of a detailed and written explanation why this has happened. As it turns out, Wyndham manufactures high revenue from me and apparently thousands of others. I would like to hear from the thousands of others that are on Wyndham Assessment Recovery Group’s call list, if their situations were created by Fairfield/Wyndham for profit. What do I do next?
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Wyndham Vacation Resorts / Timeshares complaints
Wyndham Vacation Resorts / Timeshares - Deviant Sales Practices

Comments

17th of Aug, 2008 by   Judith T. Bukowski +1 Votes
I have been dealing with Wyndham over a problem since Oct., 2007. I get 2 or more phone calls a day from 3 different Wyndham departments; I have written and faxed numerous letters; everything I get back never refers to any correspondence I have sent, making it look like I am not doing anything to solve the problem. Looks like, I, like thousands, am being financially ruined by a greedy company. My credit is flawless, except for Wyndham's postings. What can any of us do to fight this mega company???
 8th of Sep, 2008 by   Tracy Raines +1 Votes
Wow! we bought the discovery vacation you know, just to try it out! We went on vacation once and that was it. By the time we were ready to use our last 76k points for a weekend getaway, BAM! Too late, Don't have anything available and guess what! You have until February to use your points or they will expire!
We ar 6mo later still paying on this package that we cannot even use. I wish I knew how to stop them from drafting anymore of MY money! When I complained to the person on the phone they put me in touch with another salesman that was willing to MAKE ME A DEAL!!! Trade up and use our 76K points as payment!!! No freakkkin way will I ever!!! I could not live with myself knowing that I was had every intention of taking people for their hard earned money! I almost want to go back to one of these presentations, pretend to be interested, and when I get into the room with the other unsuspecting souls, just lay it out for them! Tell them to turn away and shame on them for sonsidering such a scam! They pocketed a few k from me!!!
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   Sucka +1 Votes
Just Say No. Take their hundred dollar gift and walk.
 24th of Sep, 2008 by   STEVE WILLIAMS +1 Votes
WYNDHAM IS A COMPLETE SCAM, SIGN NOTHING AND DO-NOT GET INVOLVED. IT WILL COST YOU MONEY AND TIME THEY LIE, LIE LIE! I WAS A REP FOR THEM AND COULD NOT CONTINUE FOLLOWING MY TRAINING WHICH WAS BASICALLY SHOWINING WHAT A RIP OFF THE WHOLE GIG IS.
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   adfhh +1 Votes
Solution! Solution!! Solution!!! Someone please talk about solution. I desperately want to know the solution to this. How do we get out of it?
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   Denzi +1 Votes
I've just been called by them and took down all their info for a presentation in a few days (first I thought my husband had won a prize as both of us do online surveys and are entered into competitions etc.), apparently I will be getting free electronics just for going with no obligation to sign up, however I have heard that these types of presentations are extremely pushy and let's face it, they wouldn't be giving stuff away if they weren't getting there money back. How easy is it to show up, sit through presentation and just piss off afterwards with the giveaway? I like free stuff but I can only take so much badgering, wouldn't mind hearing from those who have gone.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   P. Harris +1 Votes
You all are right. I have never been so disappointed with the whole mess. I will never use the dam thing and have tried to sell it thru many timeshare sellers and they are as big of liars as the Wydham is. They have to have money up front for advertising for you, and then they just disappear. You call and maybe they will call you back, or we haven't had any calls, I'm sorry. It is th ebiggest scam and I hope people who are interesd in a time share are really smart before they get themselves into something they may really regret, like me. I have tried to get in touch with the people who take care of the maintenece fee which is taken out of my credit card monthly, and lo
and behold no # on the statement to call. Those peole are just plain crooks, but they are still selling to suckers like us. Why can't they be stopped.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   Mimi 0 Votes
To the person that said they were a rep for Wyndham and that it was a scam...You didn't even finish the week of training? And now you are the expert on Wyndham. This is an awesome product. Going to a presentation during my honeymoon, I could't believe that this opportunity was out there. You mean I could travel on today's prices at 5 star resorts anywhere anytime for the rest of my life and when I am done I can pass it down to my children and their children. And as far as the maint. fee...I send my friends and family to Wyndham for free trips and things and they get to listen to this fantastic opportunity and it PAYS FOR MY ASSESMENT FEE!!!Wyndham is the #1 Timeshare Co. in the world and I am glad to be a part of it and I am also glad to know that there are very few of you who don't appreciate the value of owning your vacations through Wyndham.
 11th of Nov, 2008 by   raebee +2 Votes
Biggest scam ever. Sales people are very rude and pushy...although it was quite funny because they tried the good old good cop bad cop trick. DO NOT GO UNLESS YOU CAN STICK UP FOR YOURSELVES.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   beth +1 Votes
i'm a wyndham employee. i have worked for wyndham for 5 months now. i am the one who calls you to offer you a 4 day/ 3 night getaway. i just want all of you to know we are very honest in what we do. if we as sales people tell you something wrong they have to go over it the right way in the quality assurance recording that they do at the end of every call. we actually have people that sit there and check to see if we are saying accurate information. we do call thousands of people. all of the numbers we have are numbers that people leave at our hotel group. i would be happy to help any of you all out. my parents own with wyndham and they love it. i have all of the customer service info.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Kari McCune +1 Votes
My husband and I traded a week from our RCI Account for a week at a Wyndom in Williamsburg Virginia. When the reservation was confirmed a disclaimer popped up on the bottom which said

Urgent Information
RESORT HAS 3 LEVELS AND DOES NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR. FAIRFIELD OFFERS A HELP LINE FOR SPECIAL ACCOMODATION REQUESTS TO ALL OF IT'S PROPERTIES AT: 1-800-251-8736. RESORT IS UNABLE TO HONOR UNIT UPGRADE OR CHANGE REQUESTS. CREDIT CARD IMPRINT REQUIRED AT CHECK IN AS SECURITY DEPOSITMINUMUM AGE FOR CHECK IN IS 21 YRS. OLD. 1 BDRM UNITS 04/04 B UNITS IN 33 AND 34 ONLY HAVE MINI KITCHENS, DESCRIPTION IN SYSTEM INCORRECT. A $5 PER UNIT PER DAY MANDATORY AMENITIES FEE WILL BE CHARGEUPON CHECK-IN. AS COURTESY TO OUR NON-SMOKING GUEST. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY OF THE UNITS OR ACTIVITY BUILDINGS.

After injuring my back several weeks ago I called the #800 number given above to find out if they had any rooms with newer mattresses. Soft mattress just kills me. Anyway, the woman I talked to from Wyndham was so rude to me. She informed me that since I was not a Wynham Time Share Owner that she could not help me. I read her the statement from their advertisement on RCI and she said she didn't care what it said could not/would not help me. So I clarified " You are saying that you will not help a guest of the Wyndham who has a medical neccessity? She said that's right. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said NO, can you believe that? I own my own company and I was dumbfounded by the terrible customer service. And now reading these posts I am doubly shocked, they all sound terrible. I can't believe in todays economic climate a business can survive treating people the way they do.

If anyone know's of any other sites where I can give Wyndham a bad rating, please let me know. Hope everyone gets their issues solved.
 22nd of Dec, 2008 by   wyndhamtimeshare +1 Votes
I cannot agree more with those of you who express your frustrations about dealings with Wyndham. Mimi questions the rep who, in her opinion, should not be considered an expert on Wyndham. Apparently, she is no expert on Wyndham. If she were she would know about the many underhanded things that are being done by this self-serving, greedy, corporate giant.

All should listen to an owner who DOES know about Wyndham by going to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qELwa0Ius

Also read the press release at http://www.prlog.org/10157831-wyndham-timeshare-owners-outraged.html
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by   BIGJOHN -1 Votes
i've never heard such complaining from a bunch of BROKE DICKS! I work for Wyndham and all you people who bought or didn't, had to be bribed with HUGE gifts to even show up and now your all butt-hurt because they "pushed" me around a little...give me a break. Name 1 thing in this world that gives you something "just for showing up" because you were the nicest moron on the planet and you really deserved it because you work harder than anyone else??
A lot of whining from a bunch of freeloaders...Wyndham works, plane and simple. You just have to be smart enough to know how to use it, which apparently everyone here is not. Although, you were smart enough to write a check and join, but didn't take time to understand what you just bought...YOUR FAULT.

Get a freakin life...
 26th of Dec, 2008 by   pastrychef +1 Votes
Worldmark and Wyndham is so called committed to customer satisfaction (purely lip service).
Join the multiple lawsuits.
note the response by the employee using abusive language. this is part of the intimidation/pressure.

Start by addressing your concerns to:
Peggy Frye
VP, Owner Services
Worldmark by Wyndham
9805 Willows Road
Redmond WA 98052
ask for an immediate reply

followup by cc to your Senator re this bait and switch schemes, dozens of dozens of unwanted telemarkting calls. Worldmark has not heard of the DO NOT CALL law.

perhaps inquiry by a congressional office will get action.
 29th of Dec, 2008 by   SandraD +1 Votes
We were scammed by Wyndham! We stayed at a Wyndham in Florida because it was part of a free week we had through our regular timeshare with RCI. They took us on a tour of one of their new hotels which was very nice but we could not afford since we already owned another timeshare in Mexico. After hours of declining the timeshare, they brought out a man who stated that he had a 'special offer' for us. He stated that we would pay $600 over six months and recieve 308000 points to try out some of their other hotels. If we decided to keep paying after six months then it would be concidered a down payment on the timeshare of their new hotel. If we wanted to cancel within six months then we still pay the $600 (total) and we get to keep the 308000 pionts. Well six months came and we called to cancel. They stated that we actually only had a few days to cancel after we signed the contract - not six months like we had been told. We now had to pay a total of $2900 (including interest). I could not believe it. I asked for a copy of my contract and sure enough - there it was in the fine print. I suppose it is my fault for not reading the fine print but the guy absolutely and 100% lied to us. Furthermore, we only had till June to use the points or we loose them all.
We decided to try and make the best of it and use the points but everything is always booked!
Please never use Wyndham - they are the biggest scam of all! I have a timeshare through RCI and they are great but Wyndham is a scam and they should be shut down!
 17th of Jan, 2009 by   stonecold +1 Votes
I totally agree with it being a scam.My problem with it is what you pay in maintence fees alone each year you can walk up and rent a room for a whole lot less.I pay $250 a month in maintence fees alone not to include what the monthly payments for purchase price, and im at the bottom for points i just wanted it every year.To be able to take vacation during a busy part i'd have to double my points which would be an additional $24, 000 and another $250 a month, for $6000 a year i can rent a 3bedroom in daytona bike week and still have money left over to party with.What there doing is shock and awe salesmanship.The scam is there telling us to buy it and we will be able to save money on our vacations in the long run which is a total LIE.I can get a week on the strip at a 4 star casino for around $600-$800 a week.At the grand sierra in Las Vegas you'd have to use a whole years worth of points to take a comparable vacation, So you just spent $6000 dollars to take a week vacation at what is at best a 3 star resort more than a block off the strip.The only way i can imagine it being worthwhile is if you large family vacation, 3-4 bedrooms but you would have to go in slow season to make it worth while but that'll still cost you almost a years worth of points and probly on a higher level which would be $9000-$12, 000 of maintence fees to pay for them points.They use the points system to though you off so you dont realize how much this is truly costing you.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   sad sucker +1 Votes
we also purchased a Discovery package and the salesman and his supervisor lied to us. When I called to complain I was told, there is nothing that can be done about that. Our salesman promised us we would get all of our money back if we decided we did not want the package, that is NOT TRUE. He also said we could give the points to anyone without a guest fee. That was another lie! if you really want to own with Wyndham, go to Ebay and purchase a resale package. You can buy for about 1o percent of what Wyndham wants to charge you.
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   misled +1 Votes
To BigJohn, have you ever heard of the term MISREPRESENTATION? It means to give a false or misleading representation. And that is exactly what happens at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Timeshare presentations. The sales pitch tells you all about the 5-Star luxuries you get with timeshare ownership. You watch a video of people telling you how much they and their families enjoy vacations all over the U.S. and all over the world with RCI. BUT AT THE PRESENTATION YOU'RE NEVER TOLD ABOUT ALL THE FEES THAT COME WITH OWNERSHIP OR THE PROBLEMS BOOKING A RESERVATION. AND YOU'RE NEVER TOLD THAT THE FEES GO UP WITHOUT A NOTICE TO ANYONE. THEY JUST GO UP. You're never told that in addition to your monthly mortgage you have to pay a fee to book a vacation, you have to pay a fee to get airplane tickets, you have to pay a billing fee to process your monthly maintenance fee if the bill comes to you in the mail. If you don't plan your vacation at least 10 months in advance, especially around Christmas, you may not get the dates you want, maybe a day here or two days there, but not 4 days or a week at a time. I've had far less problems and headaches making hotel reservations without all this red tape. AND GETTING A GOOD PRICE ON 3 TO 5-Star luxuries. Also BigJohn, MISREPRESENTATION is a legal term too. Buyer beware.
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   misled +1 Votes
To SandraD and BigJohn, people buy Wyndham timeshares based on the presentation, not the fine print, regardless of it being all there in black and white. It's the sales pitch that reels them in. You know that BigJohn, if you're really an employee. People like me sign the contract because of the sales pitch and ease of using Wyndham in the trial membership Discovery, not the fine print. We take you at your word only to find out the sales presentation MISREPRESENTED Wyndam Vacation Ownership.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   scorpio25 +1 Votes
I went to Las Vegas in 2005. Went to rent a car got approached by a sales lady named Miss Kitty. I went to the sales presentation & stayed all day & signed up. It has been problems since then. If you put your points in RCI they charge you to put the points in & to book a reservation. They also charge to reserve a car & the taxes are not included. I lost alot of points last year because we upgraded & nobody told us the points would expire in Sept. I tried 2 different Timeshare places to sell this & not once have I been contacted. When we first signed up we were told we would have a 4 night stay in Hawaii. It was not on their site & it was horrible. Do not sign up for this no matter what they have to offer. You could spend your money for any star hotel or suite & it would come out cheaper.

New Cedit Card Scam