logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (25 mins ago)
Sheridan Labs
Charging my Debit CArd without Auth.
5. (33 mins ago)

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Contacts & Informations

Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Posted: 2011-08-12 by    latosh

Misrepresentation, Scammers

I've been a owner at Wyndham since 2004 on our recent vacation to the Skyline Tower in Atlantic City my husband and I went to a Owners update that ended up being a scam and now we may be in a position to have to foreclose on the property. We were lied to by the sales person saying that are maintenance fees are going to increase by $200 dollars and in order for us to stabilize the fees we should join the Wyndham Access program. We thought that was the right choice at the time until we started receiving inflated bills over $300 more than i had to pay. I contacted the sells rep and she said it was a problem with the paperwork and she would correct it and for me to give her a call back. Needless to say she avoided all my calls and didn't respond to any of my emails. Owner Services was NO help either. Its a tag team situation. I did contact the better business bureau and im waiting to see if this matter could be resolved. I wish i would have taken advantage of the internet because now i see that im not alone in the web of lies and decent on part of Wyndham. People please don't attend any Owners Updates it just another scam.
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Nov, 2011 by   pasif 0 Votes
Was the salesperson Kathleen Kennedy-Cook? I had a similar issue where we were told that our MF were going to be "annualized" and we would save money. She showed us a bunch of figures and it made sense. That all changed after the first bill came rolling in...
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   JCarol 0 Votes
My husband and I went to what we thought was a way to get our questions answered. Well, instead we were hard-selled into the points system and not only that, "they got us on the VIP" program. All to find out at the last minute, it was twice the price they first said. Then they acted like we should be so thrilled, etc. etc, and we have such good credit rating. Well, that's not the case any more and we've wasted more than $2k trying to dump the thing.
 1st of Aug, 2012 by   tntea12 0 Votes
July 15 we arrived at Ocean Walk and Wyndham. I had made reservations the week before on the phone and was told we would have ocean/front condo. I was told a lady name Chris would check us in and meet us when we arrived with our room keys, bands, and parking permit. She did. When we got to our room, we found our balcony overlooking the Hilton’s swimming pool. I called Chris and she referred
me to Vickie the lady I made reservations with. First she told me to up grade to another room would be an extra $300. When I told her I would pay it, she said it would be an extra $800. I wanted to cancel the room but she told me I was already charged through my credit card. We went to welcome center to receive our bands. (Chris didn’t have those!) The lady there said she would give me $100 AmEX card and a free vacation to attend the presentation. I told her I would think about it. She offered the same deal to my sister who was staying with us in the Condo. When I realized I had no internet in the condo, I called the service desk and they informed me that I wasn’t even checked in the room. Chris was. Chris had checked in under her name. That was why they didn’t want me to check out on Thursday of that week. Chris would handle it. They said I must be using Chris’s points. Anyway I agreed to attend the presentation to let others know how I was being treated. The girl who set the appointment left notice at our door saying I would receive $50 AmEX and a vacation and my sister would receive $50 Am/Ex and a vacation. My sister said she wouldn’t sit through it for $50 since she was promised $100. That morning of presentation, July 16th, the lady called to remind us of the presentation. I asked about the Am/EX amount. She said she could only give $100 per condo. My sister decided to hit the beach and my husband and I went.
They wanted to see a credit card with our driver’s license. I told them they could look but no one was getting the numbers.
We were promised breakfast and ended up with only water and coffee. We were starving before the presentation was over. Our sales rep’s manager came to our table and wanted us to fill out some paper work to speed things up after the tour. I told her I didn’t want our credit checked until we decided If this was for us. I knew it wasn’t. She promised that nothing would be done until we signed up.
A week later we received notice that we were approved for the timeshare. They had checked our credit without our permission. I have tried to contact the people at Ocean Walk about this. I have been getting a run around.
I will continue to do my part to education people about these scams with Wyndham. It is so sad to read these other complaints. Please help me stop these people from preying on others.

When we disagreed with the manager about this being a great deal. She got frustrated. I had asked her if we bought the vacation pack would we have to use Ocean Walk everytime we went to Daytona. She said, "Yes, dont you like it here?" I told her I didn't want to be limited to where I stay when I went to Daytona and I like the Holiday Inn Express better. She got mad and left the table. So childish.

Where Should You Put Your Money?

Latest Groups