logo

M&A Windows
everything
2. (1 mins ago)
3zoom.com
Yup they are a scam company
3. (2 mins ago)
Bankers Life and Casualty
It’s true they are crooks
4. (6 mins ago)
saleholy.com
Scam
5. (15 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Cannot cancel trial subscription - can't log on to their web site to do that

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and lies

Wyndham Resorts
wyndham.com
I have owned points with Fairfield Resorts since 2004. They were joined with Wyndham about a year ago. Since then, no one there can help you. Here are some of the things that have happened to me:

1. July 2005, we wanted our maintenance fees changed to not be direct debited from our account, just bill us by mail. I contacted them 2 times a week for 6 months before they stopped the debts (still never seen a paper bill and it is Oct 2008).

2. My husband and I both loss our jobs at the same time (worked at same place) in Jan 2006. We called Fairfield and they said they would mail us a "Deed in Leu" in 3 months & all we have to do is sign & mail back. We did get the papers in Feb 2006 & signed, got notarized, and mailed back in the postage paid envelope they sent with the papers. We even faxed a copy of what we were mailing to them. In April 2006, we called to see what the progress was, they told us that they never mailed anything & the person I talked to did not exist & that I was a liar! They claimed I made everything up. I drove to Star Island Resort and handed them a copy of what I sent & told them what was said in the phone call. I was told everything would be taken care of. Three weeks later, I received another copy of the deed in Leu to sign/notarize/mail back. I just did everything again & mailed a copy of the 1st one & the original of the 2nd one. June 2006, I received a 3rd copy of the same papers & this is still going on & on (it is now Oct 2008). They still tell me everytime that I am a liar & these people that I have called (& seen in person) do not exist!

3. Since July 2005, I have called the help desk a minimum of 2 times a week, ask the same questions everytime, and no one has yet given me the same answer twice. It has been more than three years, I just want to get rid of this headache!

I have a million more stories and problems with this company. I advise no one to buy any points with them.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   John Smith 0 Votes
You need to talk to the Owner's Advocate Group. TheOwnersAdvocate.com
 9th of Jan, 2009 by   Unhappy VIP Owner 0 Votes
Check out the following video from another unhappy owner. Watch out for this corrupt company, before they completely steal everything from each of their 500, 000 owners!!!

22nd of May, 2009 by   P Thomas 0 Votes
I totally agree with you. I have been with fairfield for about 5 years now and never missed a payment, even upgraded about a year and a half ago. Now that my pay has been cut by the current economy I can't afford it anymore but wyndam doesn't care. They will sure sell you an upgrade but they won't let you downgrade! And they never mention that in any presentation. I have tried to talk with them many times on trying to get a smaller amount of points that I can afford but thats against their policy. So they would rather report me to collection agency than keep a good owner with a smaller property.
All they are after is the sell. The point value for maintenance fees, cruises, or any other service is a joke which I have recently found out.
They give all kinds of excuses or policies that only work in their favor
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   Mantie 0 Votes
I too have had the same scam with Wyndham. I have tried for two months to get my original debit bank switched to a different bank. I faxed all the paperwork and followed up with a call. I was told everything was in order. Well Wyndham deducted the money from the old account anyway which I was closing. I got a $30 charge from the bank and another for LATE fee from Wyndham. The last person I spoke with told me there was no call logged in about my confirming!! I have faxed four times, left messages twice and have emailed twice as well all asking for verification of my payment and NOBODY has responded. Also I sent a certified letter to the Las Vegas PO Box and NOBODY has picked up the mail from the box in 5 days!!!
Wyndham is a total scam. I only have $1000 left to pay and then I'm donating it if possible just to get rid of this horrible company.
They have NO customer service what so ever and they back up each others lies.
 6th of Feb, 2011 by   Querta Miller 0 Votes
Same way here, but we need take the control, we need said NO, No more, more people they need complain with this company, we need call fraud. I am very strong person, I said no, tell me what part the contract said that, I am not pay any extra money for this company if they wanted send my to the court I going, because we need stop take money away from our credit card This a horrible company...

Corporate Tax Scams