logo

Deceitful Processes of Purchase

www.lazada.com.ph
Philippines
lazada.com.ph
I saw a Nikon D90 Body at Lazada.com.ph while browsing the web. For a month now, I was really planning to upgrade my entry level DSLR to something more challenging and compensating camera body. Since I already have few lenses and arsenals for this hobby, I scouted for a brand new D90 Body at the lowest price possible hence the find at www.lazada.com.ph

So, enticed with the price, I check LAZADA's background (since they seemed new in the web) and found out that they are operating in Malaysia and somewhere in Middle East. The latter operation changed to Mizado after they were mocked for cloning AMAZON. They seemed to me to be legit and so I was convinced to pursue my planned purchase. I called up their hotline and placed an order of my longed DSLR D90 body. It was as smooth as silk. They told me to deposit the total quote in a Bank Account as I opted to use the Bank Transfer payment option. I deposited on Arpil 24, 2012 right after the bank open (at about 8:30). I called up their hotline again to confirm the receipt of my payment and they acknowledged it so. The representative who accommodated me assured that they will be able to process my order on the 25th since they will have some processing of my payment.

I called up their hotline again morning of 25th to follow-up the status of my order. I clearly explained to the representative that I don't mind the 5-10 days policy of delivery because I can fairly live with it. What I emphasized was that I want to know when the item will be leaving from their end for me to know when it will arrive here in Iloilo. I was just trying to establish it because I want to pre-plan my trip on the next days (since my job involves traveling) and be able to receive the merchandise personally to check defects, should there be any, incurred by freight handling. LAZADA told me tha "Don't worry sir, we will call you as soon as our partner courier will be shipping your item". They told me further that the item IS ALREADY WITH THEM and they are processing it. I waited the call they promised for the whole day. Nobody from LAZADA called.

Today, I was complacent that a call may be made by them by morning or noon after they fail to do so as promised in the previous day. When the clock hits 2:00pm, I remembered my purchase and wondered why such a delay. I called up their hotline again and since I was traveling, I used my phone (yes, it was indeed expensive).

A certain KRIS told me that they are processing my order and it is already forwarded in their logistics department. I explained again why I was making follow-ups despite the advice that it is already on process. My call was interrupted maybe due to signal problem so I called up again and the same agent (KRIS) told me she will follow-up their logistics department about the shipment of my purchase. The call was interrupted again so to establish a commitment, I called up again and a certain CHARM answered me. I asked her for KRIS but she said she had several inbound calls. I asked CHARM to relay to KRIS that I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF SHE CAN FOLLOW-UP WHEN THEIR LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT will ship my item - CHARM yielded and a little of redundant explanation was made when I brought up my concern again. I wasn't pissed then because THEY COMMITTED on shipping it.

A few minutes from the time of this post, a representative from LAZADA phoned me and informed me that the item I purchased is already out of stock. I felt like my hypertension's going to hit me. I suspected then that I was SCAMMED by LAZADA. I withheld my rage, although nagged the agent why it TOOK THEM 3-DAYS TO KNOW THEY ARE ALREADY OUT OF STOCK of that merchandise. The rep told me because there were lots of orders for that merchandise. Well, they could have known that ON THE DAY I PLACED MY ORDER. It was indeed deceitful and it so appear they're fooling their customers. The rep told me that they will have my money reimbursed with an INCONVENIENCE COMPENSATION of Php 500 on top of the sum I deposited. I told to just deposit my money immediately and she yielded. It seemed suspicious though because the rep did not even take my account number where they will deposit my money.

As of this time, the item I want to purchase is still displayed in their website and shows proudly as "IN STOCK". Absurd and at the same time deceitful.

Do not buy at LAZADA, they may be legitimate but their abusive and if you're easy, they may have your money and time taken.
Comments Philippines Digital Cameras
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More www.lazada.com.ph complaints
www.lazada.com.ph - ITEMS IS DEFECTIVE

Comments

26th of Apr, 2012 by   Hulk22 +1 Votes
WOW... I've ordered a portable DVD player last Wednesday (04/18/2012) on Lazada and I've called on Friday if when will I get the item. The CSR says that the item is already with them and should I wait 2-5 business days for the item to be delivered after the date of purchase. And I almost forgot about the item because of my busy sched. Until today(4/27/2012), I've called again and this Kris also answered the phone and says the item is already with them and ready for the delivery. The connection then suddenly lost. I've called again and same Kris answered, apologize for the connection loss and promised to email me a tracking number and the website from which the tracking number would use. I don't feel good after the call so I've search for lazada on the net and I found your complain. Did you get your money back? I think wanted to get my money back also.
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   Miguel0482 0 Votes
Hi Hulk... I'm sorry if I get you worried with this post. But don't worry, Lazada is very legitimate and I guess they are a good online shopping store. What I've written there was full of emotions when Lazada failed to handle my isolated matter correctly. If Lazada can't get back on you in few hours, they could have shipped your item already.

I already got my money deposited back in my account. I won't say I faulted on posting this review. I explained to Lazada that they should view my complaint and review positively to improve their system. I'd appreciate it if you get back on this thread if you have your purchase already.
 1st of May, 2012 by   royax 0 Votes
isolated? they let me wait for 15 days and until now (almost a month) i am not sure if they'll give my money back.
 2nd of May, 2012 by   basti_boy 0 Votes
Apparently, everybody is having the same feelings with this site. I ordered an item also on April 24th and received a few calls from them, but all the CSRs (Kris, Jonathan, etc.) I have spoken to gave me no peace of mind. The last time that they called me up (April 30), Jonathan told me to wait for the tracker number, but up to now, May 3rd, I am not receiving any email from them... And yes, I agree that calling them is expensive. You cannot get through the landline, as well, but for some reason, using a mobile phone can connect you faster. I'm contemplating on cancelling my order if I do not get it by next week, hopefully, they get to cancel the credit card transaction ASAP if I do so. I'm into so much stress right now, as the item I ordered (or purchased already, since they already charged the amount in my credit card) is not a small amount of money. I just hope they are not fooling the customers. I regret ordering from them.
 4th of May, 2012 by   Lazada Customer Service 0 Votes
Hi,
this is Mattia from Lazada Customer Service.
First of all I do apologize for the bad experience you had. It was our fault not to serve you with the usual quality. As you might know we are a start up in the Philippine and we faced some problems due to the high numbers of orders. Now all the issues are fixed ! We get complete responsibility of your situation, therefore I would invite you to call our customer service (for the 8th times unfortunately) in order to get a 1.000 PHP voucher as our compensation. I am aware this is not what you expected from our website, but still I hope that will help.
Please, re-consider purchasing from our website and we will not disappoint you anymore !! Guaranteed !!

Thank you for being patient.

Mattia - Lazada Philippines
 6th of May, 2012 by   royax 0 Votes
Hi, I ordered & paid April 10 until now wala pa. I tried to contact you but failed via phone & email. I want a refund asap.
 6th of May, 2012 by   Rhea N. 0 Votes
Hello Royax,

We really do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Do you happen to have the order number so that we can assist you further?
Please accept our sincerest apologies for this occurrence. Please give us another chance to serve you better.
You can communicate with us by sending us an email at customer@lazada.com.ph or by calling our Customer Service Team at (02) 858-0760.

Best regards,
Rhea
The Lazada Customer Service Team
Email: Customer@lazada.com.ph
Hotline: (02) 858 - 0760
 17th of May, 2012 by   Shopper101.4 0 Votes
Thanks for those who found time to write their complaints. Good thing I did my research first about Lazada, I was planning to buy a costly item due to their cheaper prices, but if the cheaper prices means getting all the stress you can dealing with the online shop, I rather buy the item in a much higher price elsewhere without the stress and paranoia of whether I will be receiving the item bought or not at all.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   Hulk22 0 Votes
Hi,
Sorry for so late posting. I already get my item. Actually Lazada is a legitimate online store, its just that they have poor customer service. Good thing their shipping partner Xend, assist me well on how would they locate my house in order to deliver the product.

Lazada need lots of working out to do. Still, good luck to Lazada.
 6th of Jun, 2012 by   flipmark 0 Votes
I am planning to purchase from Lazada since I reckon its more convenient to do so. But after reading all these, I'm really having second thoughts.
 23rd of Jun, 2012 by   royax 0 Votes
they gave me back my money, so it means they're sincere. hope in the future they would come up with a better way in dealing online clients. am still looking to it. thanks.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by   Lara12 0 Votes
Hello,

If there's a Lazada Customer Service Representative there, please read my post, I am very pissed off with your costumer services.
I ordered 3 items and paid it in full via Visa card at your online store Last June 18.
After 5 working days, they delivered it but unfortunately i only got the two products, locking 1 the Kyowa coffee maker.

I immediately emailed them about the problem but there's no call or even a reply of my email. I tried to call but it always get busy and my emails they seems useless.
Lazada, If you can't deliver the item please give me the refund asap.

By pissed off consumer
Lara
 10th of Jul, 2012 by   Reian 0 Votes
Hi there, I just wan't to know the locations of other complainants, one is from ILOILO. It is quite far
Because I wan't to purchase also in Lazada. Can you post it, even the province only.
Thank you. I'm from Lucena City, Quezon only, easy to deliver, right?
 19th of Aug, 2012 by   uweprevot 0 Votes
Hi
I'm an expat living in Boracay and have the same problems with Lazada. I ordered 5 items for all in all 11000.-Php and got send the very cheap items of less then 1500.-php only.
Since O N E M O N T H we exchange emails and phonecalls . With no result. The warehouse is not answering their emails or reqests. They say !!!
 29th of Aug, 2012 by   Toni Lazo 0 Votes
I should have research before I order now I am a victim of Lazada too. This is the first time I ever encountered problem with online shopping. 18 days of waiting, more than 2 weeks of bullsh*t. I would not recommend people using Lazada PH service.

Toni Lazo
 30th of Aug, 2012 by   ahnntz 0 Votes
getting bad and good reviews everywhere about lazada.. im thinking of getting tablet for my daughter.. but i guess despite of the delays and not satisfied customer they are legit-- im hoping maging okay na ung customer service nila para lahat happy-- Ahnntz
 4th of Sep, 2012 by   denshei 0 Votes
i want to AGAIN follow up my following request
hello, I have
received my orders september 1. but I have a problem. I have ordered and paid 2
flashdrives but u only delivered here are my proofs of purchase:
my orders are as follows:
PNY Bubble Attache 16GB Flash Drive (orange) 479.00
PNY Sponge Attache 4GB Flash Drive (Blue) 219.00
Coby CV-E207 Digital Stereo Neckband Headphones (Grey/Silver) 175
I have received only the headphone and the 4gig usb flashdrive
I already need the 16gig for my thesis..
pls respond quickly as before.
I have paid thru BPI express over the counter deposit
my details are as follows:
maria sheila s. puno
100 dolores st. virgen delos remedios angeles city pampanga
 4th of Sep, 2012 by   denshei 0 Votes
to lazada philippines
DO U HAVE ANY PLANS OF DELIVERING MY FLASH DRIVE USB? I HAVE PAID AND U DID NOT INCLUDE IT IN UR DELIVERY! YOU ALWAYS MENTION U WANT TO GIVE THE BEST SERVICE TO UR CLIENTS. i AM PISSED OFF!
IF U DO NOT WANT TO DELIVER MY ITEM THEN GIVE MY MONEY BACK

I am so disappointed with u. I have even recommended ur site to my co employees and even my boss!
 4th of Sep, 2012 by   elen18 0 Votes
Hello Lazada

ng order po ako last august 27 till now no news po ako sa inorder ko!, .binigyan nila ako ng tracking # pero ng subukan kung itrack NOT AVAILABLE po siya!, ..gusto ko lng po sana malaman if madeliver ba ung order ko within this week?, .kasi ngaung week ko na sana kailangan un, .pls reply this message coz if youre not going to deliver it this week im going to cancel it and buy to another shop!

waiting for your response!

elene
 12th of Sep, 2012 by   ihartyoumua 0 Votes
Hi there, I have ordered two pieces of SD memory card. ( aug 15), but then, It's almost a month since they delivered only one item. I email them so that I could immediately get the remaining SD card that I've order, but still, they didn't took an action for this. They always saying that sorry for the inconvenience, and they will took an action for this. having deliver it for 5-10 days for outsider but until now, no items was on ship.

ID Theft at ATM's