logo

Cylimited S
Trial offer scam
2. (13 mins ago)
P C Richard & Son
chasing customer throughout parking lot,why you are not buying
3. (15 mins ago)
ComputerShare
Seems like a scam
4. (18 mins ago)
dutch glow.com
cruel and inhuman service
5. (23 mins ago)
pavescapesinc.com
Bad services and really slow and lazy workers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

www.HelpMeDownload.com, Pentwater, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Will not refund!

www.HelpMeDownload.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Amanda

Will not refund!

522 e concord
Pentwater, Michigan
Phone: 231.794.9737
www.HelpMeDownload.com
I tried to set up an account though this website and was informed that my credit card had been denied. The next day I come to find that I had been charged. I tried using their program to download stuff and I was not able to use it due to my firewalls. I decided that I'd rather not mess around with my firewalls and that I would call the number that was listed on my account that was charged, after all there was a 7 day trial period. When I called the customer representative "JAMES" told me that he had no information on my account through them. I then took it up with the bank who took the charge off my account. Now, a couple days later, it has been charged again to my account. How can they recharge account when they previously had NO information about me.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Mar, 2008 by   Geraldine Battersby 0 Votes
I also have had charges from this company
HelpMeDownload which I had understood to be free the charge was $50.00 USD and today I find they have again charged my card for a further $10.00 AUSD - It appears I am unable to contact this company and will approach my bank tomorrow to hopefully prevent them taking any further amounts from my account.
 20th of Mar, 2008 by   Jack Wiegman 0 Votes
Thanks for making this Website available.

I received an e-mail from "helpmedownload" related to "mp3helpdesk." The e-mail alleges to know my credit card number and proposes to bill me. I certainly do not order music over the Internet and any other product I might order is one for which I would remember the name.

I checked the Websites for each of these companies. Although attractive, they clearly were designed by the same person. Neither shows any suggestion of what product might be billed for.

When I called, the person answering could give no explanation and demanded my e-mail address. (I refused to give it.)

Looks like a very serious scam to me!
 23rd of Mar, 2008 by   Bruce Russell 0 Votes
I recently noticed that I have been charged $9.88 twice on my Visa card about a month apart. According to the Visa statement this is HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM at 18667300934. I do not know what this is for. A Google search on the phone number indicates this number connects to an MP3 download site which appears to be a SCAM. I do not download music. I seem to remember downloading a trial version of a Marine Aquarium Screensaver about a month ago. Maybe that was the culprit. I did not keep the screensaver.

I really do not know what generated the monthly SCAM charge. I suspect it is similar to the scheme now exposed with fraudulent billing for ring tones, but I do not know.

Monday I will go to the bank and have the charges investigated and hopefully reversed. If I have a problem with them I will cancel the Visa account...
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   Wendy Caruso 0 Votes
I too was charged by Helpmedownload.com. I had never purchased or downloaded anything from them . When I called the company they asked me for every email address in my home. They couldn't find any information on any of us. After that step they asked me to give them my credit card number so they could check their records. When I told them "absolutely not" they told me that because I wouldn't give them my credit card number they couldn't help me. I contacted the bank immediately. 2 weeks after my initial phone call my bank froze my ATM card because Helpmedownload.com was attempting to take money out of my account again. How can so many people be taken advantage of, give notice to banks and deny charges and this is still going on?
 7th of May, 2008 by   Jack Wiegman 0 Votes
Well. The jerks at HelpMeDownload got me. In fact, I discovered that the firm has billed me twice and I simply had not noticed the entry when I paid my bill first time.

Here is what I have done: I called the credit card company and am being issued a new credit card number. The credit card company simply does not care about stopping these scams but the kid I talked with suggested contacting my state attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau and the US Federal Trade Commission. I am going to do all of these things.

Note that HelpMeDownload only bills reasonably small amounts. That means that large-scale court cases against the company are unlikely... unless a bunch of victims gets together for a serious punitive action. That will be difficult as these scoundrels work out of London, England. It is probably a bogus office and merely a telephone node with a few sacrificial employees.

I am too poor and elderly to serve as a chairman of any activity against HelpMeDownload but would love to hear from anyone organizing against these criminals. Call (406) 493-0903.
 24th of May, 2008 by   Elisabet Hutchinson 0 Votes
I had the same problem where they were taking $10.27 every month and it kept coming up on my statements as Helpmedownload.com (18667300934) I finally got an e-mail address ceo@mp3helpdesk.com I wrote an e-mail asking them to cancel my suposed account with them other wise i would be forced to cancel my credit card. About 2 hours later I got an e-mail from them saying that it had been cancelled and they gave me a reference No. for future reference. I may not get my money back but at least i have a copy of the e-mail that I can take to my bank and stop them from ever doing it again. Good luck to you all and I hope I helped.
 24th of May, 2008 by   ginnawarra 0 Votes
The best thing everyone could do is inform the general public of the scammer and do it through the web. I'm not computer savey, but I'm sure there is a site or somewhere you can go on the net to educate the public of these type of scammers, especially www.HelpMeDownload. We've done all of the above suggestions, changed cards, notified the bank etc, but I would love to see someone beat this guy at his own game.
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   Elisabet Hutchinson 0 Votes
Well I went to my bank yesterday and they are going to send me another card. They said that they are going to dispute it and try to get my money back . I hope that some one gets this scammers.
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   anonymous 0 Votes
We too have been scammed by Helpmedownload. We have never bought digital music in our life and something needs to be done to prevent these scammers from stealing everyone's money!!
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   Clyde KIng 0 Votes
I, too, contacten helpmedownload and was told that I signed up for a lot of things that I did not remember. When I asked for a refund I was told that it was past the seven day cancelletion period. I was not billed until30 days later so I could not respond during the seven days. I believe that there is a scam in this area.
Thank you.
 17th of Aug, 2008 by   ger 0 Votes
I believe this is a scam also i did not sign up for this and €12.63 have been debited from my account since February this year. I tried to contact them by phone no answer. I also sent an email to ceo@helpmedownload.com no answer from her either. So I have contacted my bank and canceled my card.
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   Tom Estep 0 Votes
I was watching the news and they recommended a virus software site so it being thanksgiving day and i was in a hurry i ran across helpmedownload.com.. it was saying i could sign up for like 12 dollars a year i did it.. so went to my e-mail and found they charged me $81.58 now noticing what i had done i got on the phone to dispute the charges because
#1 the charges were not even close to what they had claimed
#2 it wasn't even what i was looking for
the rep said no problem i will refund it it will take 5 to 45 days to refund the money!! I was still feeling uncomfortable about it!! I called the card company and canceled my card... i will take action in the morning to dispute the charges with my bank i will keep everyone informed on this site to what happens this has ruined my Thanksgivings i signed up for a 12 dollar charge and got a 82 dollar hit!!! for being in a hurry I will not let them get away with this!!!
People please dont sign up for ANYTHING being in a hurry it will only cost you in the long run look over the fine print!!! today was to be spent with my grandkids and insted im being pissed off about some Ahole scammer!!!
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   john Cartledge 0 Votes
I am not very bright on computers so when my computer kept doing odd things with icons popping up suggesting I needed to increase my visual memory I called on a mature computer man to help me.This free offer popped up as he was browsing to deal with the job in hand from helpmedownload.com
I have just had57 pounds 70 pence taken from my account and contacted my bank to inform them of a fraud before finding this web site.

To add to my previous email I forgot to mention when I phoned their London office [ I live in the UK] I was rerouted to a office in the Phillipines and the lady answering could speak little English
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   hogaily 0 Votes
I had the same problem where they were taking Australian Dollar$15.27 every month and it kept coming up on my statements as Helpmedownload.com (18009787657)!
 8th of Feb, 2009 by   Nedra 0 Votes
this company is a (dirty word) ripoff
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   matt leonard 0 Votes
Yup...I just got charged 51.00 Dollars on my crediy card! 2/21/2009
 8th of Mar, 2009 by   Tony.V 0 Votes
I have had £14.97 deducted from my credit card and I cannot contact helpmedownload.com. While I have purchased items online, I had not seen this website untill looking at my statements. My bank is on the case, however I feel I may have to close my credit card if the replacement is not enough for these fraudsters to still debit from my account. Tony from London, UK.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Hart2 0 Votes
i purchased nero for a year for 31.99 and now after 2 weeks it is saying that it is expired what to I need to do???? PLEASE EMAIL ME AT WWW.JAREDSGYRL@HOTMAIL.COM...THANKS CAROLYN
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Hart2 0 Votes
I purchased nero for a year for 31.99 and now after two weeks it is saying that it has been expired...what is wrong and what do i need to do?
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   bigden 0 Votes