logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
CROYDON DENTAL
The rep was rude and refused to make the appointment
2. (16 mins ago)
West Coast Metal Buildings INC.
Poor quality construction
5. (37 mins ago)
Camlounge
Impossible to delete my account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Dixon

Awful fraud

WorldWinner
worldwinner.com
I know part of this is my fault for being so stupid but I lost a total of $43, 141.00 in money last year. The worst part is I have to claim $21, 697.00 in other income because they file a 1099 Misc income form to the IRS. This site is a total rip-off. It should be classified as gambling. When you lose they are so quick to send you an email or something else on your page and say something to the effect 'sorry you didn't win but get back in there and try again.' I could go for several days and do nothing but win, win, win. Then when they have you hooked for a bit you start going for the bigger prizes and sure enough you lose all of it. Then you try to regain some of your losses only to repeat the cycle over and over. I could go on and on but you get the point I'm sure.
Comments United States Gambling Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Apr, 2010 by   Mr.sin187 0 Votes
ok, i have been playing these games for a while. i too started out playing for fun, free games i kicked ass in, catch 21, and 8 ball pool. i would do really good in free mode.so i thought i could do good in a cash game too.so i gave it a try.won a couple games. ha ha ha the damn basterds got me, hook, line, and sinker. then after like the first day nothing but losses...ok, how in the hell. lost 10$ then another 10$ then another and another..
then i win a game wow, so i try some more ? what is really going on here? you can win five games and loose five games, BUT YOU STILL LOOSE>they charge for each game... I feel the same as the majority of the ppl on this site...WW is a scam...i think the cheaters work for WW. Another fishy thing is, i don't have any money on my pre paid visa, yet WW still recieves a payment through my paypal. i spent 200 dollars i don't even have there last night. why is that no other site would let me purchase any thing unless the money was on my card. i would just be declined? DON'T TRUST WORLD WINNER...
 27th of May, 2010 by   magnuswagnus 0 Votes
Have you seen this blog? Writer starts with looking at tax issue and goes on to whether Worldwinner is a gambling site. Apparently there is more to come? http://notgamebutgamble.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/purpose-and-background/
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Shannon36535 -1 Votes
I love the site and havent had a problem . Ive been playing for 4 years. I Would gladly recommend.!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   vbsamta -1 Votes
I have been a member of WorldWinner since 2005/2006 when they first started up ... Over the years I have been paying taxes on "net winnings" but was recently audited for not paying enough taxes. The problem I have with this "skilled gaming" is that it is not categorized as a gambling company. The 1099 is MISC, not 1099G which would allow you to deduct your losses against your winnings. I have filed a complaint with the IRS regarding this matter, trying to prove my point that even though my net winnings were say 15, 000 that I never physically held 15, 000 and it obviously went right back into entering more tournaments and then some!

I'm all for skilled gaming when it's fair, but their fair gaming system is flawed and have seen this over the years. WW is always lobbying Congress and is not out of the water as far as being able to continue to be a "skilled gaming" corporation verses a gambling one. Gaming should just be for fun, because let's face it ... There's a price for everything and the US and state you live in is again making money off of something that they shouldn't!!!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   magnuswagnus 0 Votes
Does the IRS say without a 1099G you can't deduct? How do you go about filing a complaint because I am in the same boat with you.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   vbsamta -1 Votes
The IRS continues to work on my case, so once I receive more correspondence regarding what's right, what's not I will post! I have an accounting degree, so I am familiar with taxes ... I live in Massachusetts and on a state and local tax level, you cannot claim a gambling deduction, so that I am fine with.

As far as federal goes, I think that the only time you can deduct losses from gambling is when you have a 1099G for gambling winnings to accompany that loss; then you are allowed to deduct up to the amount that was won and claimed on that 1099G.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   magnuswagnus 0 Votes
I've wondered that since we don't get the 1099G if it would be possible to declare income as coming from a hobby and taking deductions that way. What do you think?
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   themarcy36 0 Votes
I just got a notice from the IRS that says I owe 497 dollars because of my so called winnings from worldwinner in 2008. I of course do not believe this should be just and am filing an appeal of them saying I owe this money. Good luck to any of you and if you had played at Worldwinner in the past, expect a letter from the IRS.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   clarissa252010 +1 Votes
everything online is a scam so ppl stop falling for the scammers. You lose and they win. They're laughin at you right now as we speak.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   magnuswagnus +1 Votes
Those of you who are filing IRS complaints, please let the rest of us know what happens or how to go about it, if you would be so kind. Thanks!
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   nymetsno1 +1 Votes
There are so many people out there all having the same complaints about WorldWinner. Why aren't we doing anything? We all need to get together and start a class-action lawsuit.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   lastdomain +1 Votes
Worldwinner is a scammer. I lost $70 and my account has been closed without notices?
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   anony moose +1 Votes
Lastdomain is telling the truth.

Just recently they had a promotion of $20 free game credits. It is true the games get harder and harder as your skill improves to match other players within your same skill level. But the real scam is when you try to claim money that you rightfully win, They accuse you of fraud and close your account, but this shows that they are fraudulent and not to be trusted. They take your money that you deposit to play and keep it for themselves. I feel there needs to be a legal investigation here, and all players that have been treated this way should stand up and go through anything you can to have this site investigated and if necessary shut down.

Download Ringoftrust addon for your internet browser. It is a websites rating tool that many people use to see if a site is safe or not for any reason. Worldwinner may have been a good site in the past but something fishy is going on, and people need to help others by voting the site as fraudulent.

I attach a photo to show what they send when you try to withdraw any real money winnings. Inboxdollars is a different company, which is very trustworthy so far. I have requested a check and received money from them with no hassle. Do not associate them with what world winner has done, Their logo is showing ONLY because I signed up from there.

The links mentioned in the photo are inactive and the customer service no longer exists.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   cbourquin 0 Votes
i'll go into a lawsuit against WW, i utmost agree about the very high scores. Take for example, iwas playing their "freeplay" of plants vs. zombies i scored about 10, 223 when i figured you can "send the next wave" that gave you extra points.I think the highest was about 10668 or higher, but when you hit " send the next wave" the weapons you have DO NOT load fast enough to beat them.I've been a member for about a year and a half and i can't believe the money i spent and lost " i lost more than i won". ANd not to mention the other games i've played,
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   meganm +2 Votes
Hi everyone. I'd like to start by saying I wish I had found this before I opened an account, luckily they screwed me quick so it was a lot less painful than for some of you. I signed up through Gamesville, I didn't think much of it when I started playing the free games...but I was WINNING, and not by a little...by a LOT for example, in Big Money I would score 42, 000 they would score 12, 000. In Luxor I would score 157, 000 they would score 28, 000. In dynomite I would score 62, 000 they would score 38, 000 and in mohjongg I would score 1, 400, 000 and they would score 126, 000. To say the least I was excited!! I made a deposit $25.00 and got an equal match in game credits (thank god I was smart enough to withdraw my real money) I played with their money and won $26.00 (just over the original amount I was given), But...my scores were no where near what they had been when I was playing their free games. it wasn't that my opponent was beating me...I just wasn't playing as well? My withdrawal of $51.00 came in about 6 days. I wasn't sure if it was worth it to go back ( I was afraid I could lose a LOT of money, I really like to play online games) But then I received an email. "One time offer" 50% deposit match if done in the next 24 hours...o.k...lets give this one more try, I deposited $50.00 into my W.W. account and received a $25.00 credit, I again withdrew my real money and played with theirs I again won $26.00 and withdrew it, But, I was hooked I made another deposit about 3 hours later for $10.00, I won some, I lost some, I won, Some, when I got back to my original deposit of $10.00 I said to myself "That's enough" don't need to lose my money playing games and I withdrew my $10.00. I received an email the next day "Your withdrawal of $86.00 is on it's way" ($60.00 of which is MY money) two days go by and I received another email informing me that "it has been detected that you have opened multiple account which violated our 'fairness' policy, your account has been closed and your winnings have been confiscated" W H A T?????????? I can't f-ing believe this! They stole my money! I won $26.00 they are keeping $60.00...so I paid $34.00 to play their games for about 6 hours, not to mention the money they made from entry fees in the tournaments I played in RIDICULES!!!I responded with an email to player services "respectfully" requesting they returned my deposits of I was contacting my attorney. I also disputed my deposits in my paypal account, As an item significantly not as described case. W.W. is fine if you just want to play some fun games...word to the wise DON'T LET THEM NEAR YOUR MONEY!!!
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   meganm +1 Votes
I'd like to start by saying I wish I had found this site before I made my deposits. WHAT A RIP OFF...o.k...I signed up with World Winner (W.W.) through Gamesville. I played several games ( the only ones I could using Firefox) and my scores/ were unbelievable!!! In Luxor I would score 157, 000 my opponent 26, 000, Mohjongg 1, 400, 000 my opponent 126, 000, Big Money 42, 000 my opponent 24, 000, Dynomite 57, 000 my opponent 38, 000 to say the least I was EXCITED. I made my first deposit $25.00 and received an equal match in 'game credits' THANK GOD I withdrew my real money and played with their games credits. I won $26.00 just over what they gave me to play with...but my scores had dropped significantly!!! maybe...I just wasn't playing as well???? Well, my withdrawal came in 6 days $51.00. I didn't think given my winning ratio after becoming a 'cash' player that it was worth depositing any more money. Then, I got an email..."one time offer. 50% match on your deposit for the next 24 hours" so what did I do? I deposited $50.00 into my account and again withdrew my real money. I again won $26.00 when my game credits were gone I withdrew my $26.00 in winnings, but I was hooked. About 3 hour later I deposited $10.00 thinking that I might do better in the games, I won some I lost some I won some...when I got back to my original $10.00 deposit I said O.k. that's enough I'm not going to waist money playing games and I withdrew my $10.00. The next day I received an email saying 'your $86.00 ($60.00 of which is my money) withdrawal is on it's way'! Two days later I received a second email stating "It has come to our attention that you have opened multiple account, your account has been closed and your winning have been confiscated"...WHAT???????????? They stole my money!!! I received $26.00 originally they stole $60.00, so I paid $34, 00 PLUS all the entry fees I paid and others paid to play their games for about 6 HOURS OF GAME PLAY!!! I responded to the email and 'respectfully requested' they return all deposits made to my account or I was going to contact my attorney and disputed the two later transactions with paypal as a significantly not as described case. If deposits are not refunded within the next two days I am going after them and contacting the BBB. world to the wise, if you just want to play some games it's a fun site, but don't let them ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR MONEY!!!
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   Shannon36535 0 Votes
Ive paid worldwinner for years and sorry megan the scores you are stating are on the low side~ I usually score over 200, 000 in luxor so Im not surprised you didnt win every game you played. Ive never had any problems cashing out or making deposits. They have a 1-888 number for any problems plus live chat via internet and email. I usually get a response within 48 hours. FYI-You can play on the site for free on every game, money is not required..
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   bombers +2 Votes
Worldwinner is a rip-off and a scam.

The only "FAIR" games are the ones between 2 players on a head to head basis.

The tournaments are all won by the same players.

Worldwinner steals cash and replaces it with CREDITS!!!

WorldWinner is a scam. At least when a person GAMBLES, they have a chance of winning. Don't waste your time or money.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   bombers +1 Votes
Report WorldWinner fraud to the Massachusette's Attorney General and all applicable Attorney's General in the states in which WorldWinner does business.

3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Malick123 +1 Votes
Worldwinner s a SCAM in disguise

Beware: Five New Scams!