logo

INF*Peoplesmart
Unauthorized charge
4. (24 mins ago)
Carolina Carports
non delivery of a carport
5. (37 mins ago)
Bear411.com
I'm trying to delete my account, and the site will not allow it

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-01-27 by    mlcj

Poor Service

World of Watches
Florida
I purchased an Omega Seamaster from World of Watches.com several years ago under the belief it was a legitimate Omega. After sending the watch to Omega for the 5 year service and to replace a crown, I was informed that the watch's serial number had been removed and therefore Omega would not work on the watch. I contacted World of Watches and they told me that I would have to send it to them for the repair, which I did. Within months of receiving the watch back, the crown once again was stripped and I returned the watch. Five months later, they still have my $2000 watch, claiming that they errored and put the wrong crown on it and that they would repair it, stating, as if I should be happy, that because it was within a year, the repair was free (even though they admitted to putting on the wrong part anyway and charged me $200 for!) I am still waiting on my watch and only just got told that they sent the watch to someone else (who they won't name) for the repair. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $400-500 and buy from a legitimate dealer.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jun, 2012 by   ronbrack 0 Votes
My wife bought me a Reserve 0984 25 jewel watch at World of watches for $950.00 they talk service and warranty BUT that is it just talk. Very Nice looking watch, but it keeps stopping it is a self winding watch, I was told to buy a Self winder. Instead of helping me I was told to spend more money to fix my problem. You would think wearing your watch 12-16 hours a day 7 days a week it would not stop. Do Not buy a Invicta Watch, way too costly for the Quality and Customer Service.
 24th of Jul, 2012 by   poplou 0 Votes
Bought a red line alarm watch. does not keep correct time loses 5 minutes a day. Can't send it back because the little plastic tag was removed. I think that they just put returned watches back in stock and hope that the next fool that gets it won't complain. I sent a note to "CUSTOMER SERVICE" and I have been waiting, I think in vain, for a reply. Do yourself a favor and go to a jeweler close to home for any watches that you might like to own If you can find one that stocks some of the crap they sell!!
 17th of Oct, 2012 by   Ron Mills 0 Votes
You people need to change up the SFP...same watches every day ...it was fine for the first few months, but after many purchases I just got tired of the usual suspects. I probably purchased 30 or so watches, but no more til you change it up. Several months ago you had SFP special and included Invicta. I bought, because Invicta is a product I can totally depend on; the Swiss Legend is okay, but on several occasions I had to take the watch to my watch repair guy to get battery or insert the movement properly...poor workmanship. I would send the watches back, but I do take responsibility and don't want to go through the B.S. of shipping...so I absorb the loss.
 12th of Jan, 2013 by   Mr.Roy 0 Votes
I purchased and Karamica watch because my wife loved it and the price was right.
150 dollars. Three days after I gave it to her the crown and stem came out. Its broken.
My inquiries to World Of Watches have been replied to once when a person responded that he would look into a bar code to send the watch in, if he were allowed to do so from the management. A week later I have not heard anything. I gave my address and email and phone.
I give World of Watches a thumbs down for the headache they cause.
The problem is they use the word "Guaranteed" on their site.
They should use the words "Purchase at your own risk"
 16th of Mar, 2013 by   Ruler 0 Votes
On two occasions I purchased watches from World of watches and on both occasions paid for expedited shipping and on one occasion paid for next day air. Well what they don't tell you is that the so called expedited shipping only applies to whenever they actually "process" the order. Meaning that if you do an online order today bright and early, and pay for next day air, that "next day" is the actual day after they process your order which may not be for 3 or 4 days. In my case I bought the watch on a Monday and didn't receive it until the following week Tuesday. This in my opinion is false advertising and totally unacceptable.
 24th of Jan, 2014 by   peanut450 0 Votes
purchased two watches from them. swiss legend and invicta. I wear the swiss often and it works fine. the invicta i havent worn but the glass started to fog for no reason. i called them and the lady said its a manufacture defect. so send it back. but she emailed me the wrong info then hung up on me before i can tell her it didnt have the mailing address that i needed. I read online we still have to pay them $10 for shipping the item back. and i read that it can take months! what !!? i guess i can just pay a jeweler to clean it and have it done in days instead of months. someone said on this blog they still havent recieved their watch back! horrible i hope i didnt get suckered into a knock off!

Tan Man Fraud Report