logo

fakeidking.com
SCAM
3. (15 mins ago)
icelticrings.com
Seller simply doesn’t deliver orders
4. (15 mins ago)
John Kenney is a CONFIRMED SCAMMER

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

work out world GYM, East Brunswick, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - contract cancellation

work out world GYM Contacts & Informations

work out world GYM

Posted:    Pat Murphy

contract cancellation

work out world
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Phone: 732-390-7390
workoutworld.com
I am trying to cancell my contract as my one year is up and i dont want to subscribe to this any more, yet where i signed up they refuse to cancell my contract and tell me i have to fill out paperwork and mail it certified mail in order to cancell.The only way to get the cancellation forms is to get them on line and print them, great and i dont have a printer and their answer was sorry cant help you on that matter nor can they print me a cancellation form, what a scam they have just to keep taking my money
Comments United States Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Aug, 2008 by   ralph 0 Votes
you need to get a doctors note saying you are permamntly disabled...they have to exuse you. I just hope you know a good doc to do this for you..
Ralph
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   william Karsh 0 Votes
This place needs to be investigated by the attorney generals office. They are perpertrating frauds on many innocent consumers. In my daughters case sh cancelled the same day that she signed up. Unfortunately, they processed her montly dues for 5 months even though their systems show that she cancelled. They say they sent check to the gym for a refund. No response no manager has called and when she went by they looked at her like she was crazy. Her girl friend tried to cancel after a year and they refuse to cancel her too. This place is bad news and the sales pressue tactics reminds me of the old boiler room operations on Wallstreet. Boiler room tactics at a gym these guys need to be closed down!
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   william Karsh 0 Votes
Cancellation Instructions
Important
All cancellation requests are subject to review & approval by a WoW Contract
Administrator. By supplying your email address below, you will receive an email update
regarding the status of your cancellation approval.
Why Registered or Certified Mail
For your own personal protection & tracking, the only way to apply for membership
cancellation is by sending it Registered or Certified US Mail to:
WoW! Work Out World
Attn: Membership Cancellation
781 Brick Blvd
Brick, NJ 08723
Cancellation Policy
The terms & conditions of your Membership Contract must be fulfilled and your account
must be in good standing in order for your cancellation to be approved.
You must give WoW fuIl notice of you request to cancel, known as your Cancellation
Notification Period. You are responsible for paying your monthly dues and any late fees
during your Cancellation Notification Period.
You must fulfill the Contract Term of your membership in order for your cancellation to
be approved. Any months during your Contract Term that you placed your membership
on “Freeze” do not count towards fulfilling your Contract Term.
Personal Information
Phone _____________________ Dues Amount _____________________
Email Address ________________________________________________________
Reason for Cancellation Request ________________________________________
Please Read and Sign & Date
I understand that the terms & conditions of my original Membership Agreement must be
fulfilled in order to be eligible for cancellation and that this form must be reviewed &
approved by a WoW Contract Administrator. If approved, I understand that my
Cancellation Notification Period will start on the 1st of the month following the date my
request to cancel was received via Registered or Certified US Mail by WoW.
Signature_____________________________________ Date _____/_____/_____
Signing of this document does not confirm your cancellation
until approved by a WoW Contract Administrator.

Just put this on a blank piece of paper and send it in
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   Lynn 0 Votes
I just would like to know what the process is for cancelling a contract. They talked us into this promo deal and now we realize it's not worth the money, especially with the economic crisis. Can someone please write me back and let me know what the penalty/policy is for cancelling.

I will wait for a reply.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   talentedinlife 0 Votes
You must fullfill your financial obligations before you can send your form in by Certified Mail. In my case I owe two months plus their senseless annual Maintenance Fee of $35.00. Then I should be able to mail in my form and for approval before cancellation.
I spoke to a Representative at the North Brunswick location where I signed up. She tried to talk me into waiting until next month to cancel by lying that I can't do it until then. The contract clearly states I only need to pay what they were expecting from me to cancel. It says nothing about a certain amount of time I must be a member. Already they are trying to give me a hard time.
Their website clearly states that you should be able to get a cancellation form from the front desk at the gym! Its unbelievable that this place is still in business.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   wowneedstobestopped 0 Votes
I am putting together a class action lawsuit against Work Out World. Because of the over billing and business tactics WOW practices I am launching a lawsuit to help all those who have been troubled by their WOW experience. The WOW Company has lied to me and treated me unfairly for over a year now. I do not believe in frivolous lawsuits but this company needs to be stopped. They need to learn fair business practices. If you have a (or have had a) legitimate problem with the gym company known as WOW in the state of NJ and may be interested in joining my class action lawsuit please contact me at "wow.needs.to.be.stopped@gmail.com". I look forward to teaching this company a lesson for their unfair practices to there members.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   paul_kumar 0 Votes
I had surgery in March and I had informed the staff at work out world, nashua, nh through a written letter from my surgeon that I will be undergoing surgery on my knee. Not even a month after my my surgery, collections calls me about me owing money to WOW because of my absence. I talked to the manager Nicole recently over the phone and she felt very sorry about the whole thing and very sweetly asked me to come down so she could sort things out. When I got there she asked me to pay a first and last month fee, a reinstating fee, an annual maintenance fee and a four month frozen account. fee. When i mentioned to her about the conversation about her sorting things out for me over the phone, she told me that she IMPLIED I needed to pay the forementioned amount to get back to working out there. She said I should have submitted a letter in writing from the doctor about my medical condition. When i told her I did that, she tried to come up with another excuse for me to pay the money. I could tell she was outrightly lying. She then tore up pieces of paper lying on the desk right in front of us because me talking the truth to her was hurting her.. I feel ripped off.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   MAD_CUSTOMER 0 Votes
I JUST CALLED WORK OUT WORLD IN MENLO PARK MALL EDISON NJ TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PAY MY DUES IN ORDER TO CANCELL MY ACCOUNT IN WHICH I HAVE COMPLETED A YEAR WITH THEM AND NOLONGER WISH TO COMTINUE BUSINESS WITH THEM.NOW TODAY 01/26/10 I RECEIVED FIRST CLASS MAIL FROM THEM STATING I OWE THEM $108.88.SO I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER ON DUTY AT THIS LOCATION AND SHE TOLD ME HOW MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SENT TO COLLECTIONS AND IN ORDER FOR ME TO CANCELL MY ACCOUNT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THEM A TOTAL OF $308.00.I TOLD HER WELL IF THATS THE CASE WHY WOULD YOU GUYS SEND ME THIS BILL THRU THE MAIL TELLING ME AS OF JANUARY 21, 2010 I OWE YOU $108.88, I ALSO TOLD HER THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIEVED ANY LETTER FROM ANY COLLECTION AGENCY AT ALL...SHE SAID WELL YOU WOULD HAVE TO CALL TOMORROW BECUASE OUR ADMINISTRATION OFFICE IS NOW CLOSE..

HOW CAN THEY HVE A MANAGER ON DUTY THAT CAN NOT HELP YOU AT ALL?
WHY WOULD THEY SEND ME THIS BILL WHEN MY ACCOUNT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN COLLECTION?
WHY WOULD I HAVE TO PAY COLLECTION $308.00 WHEN I ONLY OWE THEM $108.00?

I THINK THIS IS CRAZY AND WORK OUT WORLD SHOULD NOLONGER BE ALLOWED IN BUSNIESS, WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR WORK OUT WORLD ADMINISTRATION TO LOOK OVER OUR CANCELLATION APPLICATION TO "APPROVE IT" IN ORDER FOR ANY OF US TO CANCELL AN ACCOUNT WE NOLONGER WANT AND NEED.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Jacklyn.hartsgrove 0 Votes
WOW is a scam!!! I have semd the letters and email them. I have went there in person and they are still charging me for my dues. I meet the terms of my condition for my memebership in 2009 and i have been trying to get out of this since then.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   scammedbywow 0 Votes
Does misery love company? I too am one of WOW's miserable victims. Long story short, I never stepped foot in any WOW location!!! My sister was a member & in 2/20009 they were running a promotion for family members, so I gave my sister the membership fee of $150 to sign me up & was never able to use the gym as I suffered a knee injury. I notified WOW immediately thinking this would not be a problem. After numerous phone calls, emails, even a letter to Steve Roma which was never answered they continue to harrass me with Collection Agency letters & calls for $215.25. One of WOW's employee's even FORGED my signature on the Membership Agreement. How do they continue to get away with this kind of business practices?
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Patricia Ryan Solop 0 Votes
I fell in February and my torn ACL has not improved. For 4 months I just kept paying my dues with the intent to to return to WOW. Now I have a doctors note saying I cannot use the gym for 12 months after my surgery in August. This gives me 4 months left on my contract. I will not be returning and they will not let me settle and leave WOW. Please help. I am 57. What am I going to do there after 20 months, I have already been to physical therapy for 2 months. Please help it is not fair. You have to be Permanently Disabled and then they will let you buy out of your contract. There are many injured people that cannot use the gym and not be PD. Yes I agree they need to be sued. I will help.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Tamarajoan 0 Votes
I cancelled my membership in 2009, I just recieved a call from a collections agency saying I owe $540.00. WOW never called me saying that I owed them money or that my cancelation didn't go through. These people are crooks, now I have to figure out how to get out of paying this agency, ideas anyone?
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   jackmartin +1 Votes
I totally disagree with these statement. I think those who are unable to achieve their fitness goal due to their own laziness makes this kind of statement. I have been at this place from last 8 months and I have made a lot of improvement in myself.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   alanstyne 0 Votes
I am surprised that you withdrawn your subscription!! I am a member of WOW for one year and I am totally satisfied with their services. The thing I like most about WOW is their counseling and training.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   joseph1smith 0 Votes
No, I don't think it is true and I am totally disagree with this. I also used the service of WOW and I found it very good and useful for me. I learned lots of body building techniques here and so thanks to WOW.
 9th of Sep, 2012 by   rachinesafire -1 Votes
Everyone have their own views. I think it's not that hard to cancel your membership. I don't know about two years back processor but now you can cancel it with ease. You can even cancel it online.
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   JoeF1 0 Votes
I guess the last 4 comments above are posted by an employee of WOW itself - probably the same person with different IDs :-)

I recently went to WOW East Brunswick. The place looks pretty good - I was quite keen on joining. What was not good though was the attitude of the sales and front desk staff (I interacted with a couple of trainers and they looked to be very friendly and nice). After coming away with such a negative impression about the sales staff I did some research on the web and came across a lot of negative feedback, especially regarding the sales and front desk staff. I did go through the cancellation process -- and it looks like it is going to be very difficult to get out indeed.

I am not so sure I want to join this place now.
 30th of Apr, 2013 by   stbarbwire 0 Votes
Leaving Work Out World, WOW, is very similar to having a relationship that ends very badly because you have to pay on your way out. It's fine if you want to stay at the gym for life, be a VIP member and have the money and blindly let them bill you credit card for the all eternity, if you use the facilities or not. But the contract that you sign by a person in the office has nothing to do with the collections and cancelling the gym for any reason. There is no negotiation or discount on your way out. After hurricane Sandy I needed to work out and could only afford $20.00 a month. But when I got there, realized I needed the VIP membership which I needed in order to use different facilities, one near work and one near my home which I was currently out of. So I told the person signing me up my intention of staying for 3 months only for the VIP membership since I cannot afford $30.00 a month and the yearly membership fee as well (I also have friends who pay 20 and less per month). She said no problem and explained the very detailed cancellation process. And when the time came, I followed what I thought was the proper cancellation policy filled out the form online, sent it in Certified mail ($6). Unfortunately, I it must be over 30 days and that I would have to pay for the current month, and month 4 along with the $58 dollars yearly membership fee. I explained my financial hardship to the person in collections and requested a $20.0 a month membership fee, but was refused and just quoted from my contract via e-mail. I was happy to stay for a reduced rate. Not wanting to go to collections I paid in cash (since cancelled credit cards, they tried to bill even after processing my cancellation letter) the 4th month and my yearly fee. That week I got a call from the original sales manager regarding a special offer of $20 a month VIP membership. I asked then do I have to pay the yearly membership again, YES was the answer. While I know $298 or even $418 a year for a gym membership is not bad, and did enjoy the class at WOW plus working out has really helped the stress of Hurricane Sandy; I’m upset with the petty disrespect of it all. $10 for a towel for core class and just things here and there, rip-off contract, bait and switch advertising of rates...

Ebay Scams