logo

Posted:    shazbot

Mr. Michael Washington & Others

Lotto Net International Limited
Jamaica
Letter sent saying I have won $2, 500, 000.00 in a drawing out of Las Vegas Nevada, but I need to send $480.00 by western union to Jamacia. Then call them back @ 1-876-293-6517 with the reciept number, and they will realease the funds to me.
The Bank of America cashiers check has a signature from a Selma Ward. Account numbers on the bottom are 0347927 114000019 001641003755 Drawn from the Bank of America, San Antonio, Texas.
Comments Jamaica Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Nov, 2009 by   sikorski +1 Votes
i received a call today on friday from mr .washington saying that i won money and i have to send over $300, but i dold him i wanted his number and he gave me 1-876-881-5883 and 1-876-864-4247, i also in the backfround was a little kid but he is at work ??? what a joke. these people think we are stupid, they are . so please lock them up for once and for all.they are scams to get your money.this number is from a cell number saying cell phone and it is from jm? is that washington??? lock them up
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   noeasycon +1 Votes
Hi i recieved a call from same Mr? Washinton telling me the same thing he kept calling . I also Q.ed the obvious kids in the background, he said first his wife the lawer could not pick him up from daycare then on the second call he denied the obvious screaming child. He became quite beligerent when i explained nicely that you dont pay to win a prize! He even demanded that i prove my belief in GOD by sending the money .
HE got pretty rude when i refused and told him how many scams he was involved in THE NEW PHONE IS 1-876-418-3279!!! He went as far as cussing me out for refusing HIS 1.8 Mill. and free BMW even said the money was to cover Geicco insurrence for 3yrs, then it was legal fees, then travel expenses.HUNG UP WHEN HE KEPT CALLING ME OUT OF MY NAME DEMANDING I SEND HIS MONEY
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   Maniguis +1 Votes
Unfortunatelly in my case I got caught up a bit more on this...surprisingly enough...I wont provide how but let me say that in my cas there is a cashiers check, also from Bank of America and guess what...same routing and account number as 0347927 114000019 001641003755 with Mr. Michael Washington and others complaint. Only that in this case the amount is for $463.000 I wish I could post the image of that cashiers check here so everyone can see it! Anyone has any details as to how to file this complaint in a much bigger way? Fortunatelly I didnt get to give any money...like I have it what a joke. But the person is a con artists and the stories that he uses, if you are a single woman, watch out.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Beastmaster +1 Votes
I came across the same check. The amount and payee are different. I would love to get in contact with the other individuals who have come across this check.
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   Christyk03 +1 Votes
We have gotten calls from this individual for about 2 wks and I finally listened to him today. He only asked for $90 for our "winnings" of $850k. It was for shipping and handling, so he said. I was all set to go to Western Union, where he convinced me nobody would have access to my $$ until I provided the numbers to them. He wanted me to make it out to "Jessica Brown - Jamaica WI". I asked why it was to a person and not a company and he tried to explain that this was b/c she was the accountant. He even had me call Western Union twice to see if the money was transferred there. He provided a checking account number for me to verify. The funds were not there both times and he told me his manager pulled it out of Western Union b/c they were close to my house and were going to deliver the Mercedes and cash together. He asked if we wanted our winnings to be on TV, Radio or the newspaper or if we wanted to have them be private. (insert eye-roll here) The only reason I was going to go to Western Union was b/c it was only for $90 and b/c he assured me nobody would have access to the money until I provided the reference number to the people delivering my car. He even went as far as to say the FBI was going to come with them to deliver to show there was no fraud. He got very angry at me when I finally told him I wasn't going to Western Union and my phone is currently off the hook b/c he has called back 7 times, one right after another. I tried to have his number blocked, but apparently, numbers from outside the country cannot be blocked. We're lucky we didn't lose any money, but watch out for this guy - ignore the call as soon at it arrives!! He said his name was Johnny Walker. - lol.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   Mulenga +1 Votes
I also got some guy calling himslef Galleon Datson, saying he is a Canadian Lotto Agent and that I have won some money I needed to claim from Bank of America through a Branch Manager by the name of Mr. Mike Thimsen, which could have been abreviation for Mr. Micheal Thimsen of Bank of America who is also a Branch Manager. Mr. thimsen's details were given as follows: Mr. Mike Thimsen, Branch Manager, Bank of America, Registered Office: Peachtree Center 231 Peachtree St, Atlanta GA 30303, International Official Number +1 888-862-8492 Ext2 to connect Branch, Manager, Fax 1-770-234-6772 and his email address was given as follows: foriegn@bofameca.com. Is this a scam? Can some at Bank of America please say something.
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Scammer Slammer +1 Votes
Same thing here, same numbers on Bank of America cashier's check. I attempted to help a friend stop their calls so I talked with them and called them out on the scam. They gave the name Andre King and the phone number of 1-876-299-4917.
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   scammenot +2 Votes
They are still at it, however the approach to me was a little different. I was on Match.com in early April, 2011, and was contacted by an individual showing interest in me. We communicated by e-mail and IM for about 2.5 weeks and the "relationship" appeared to be moving along at an acceptable pace (still only through e-mails and IM). But then a problem arose for this guy. He was "in Nigeria on business" and had been given a cashier's check in the amount of $750k for his work there, but he could not cash the check in Lagos. He needed to borrow $700. so he could purchase a airline ticket to travel to the capital of Nigeria where he could cash the check. Of course he told me thatI was the only person he had to ask to do this! He said he had no cash on him and he needed to pay a number of people that helped him while he was working in Lagos. Another week of his BEGGING, and my continued saying NO, and I finally said; If you can prove to me that you are who you claim to be and send me a picture of your passport (including the photograph) and the "check" and maybe, just maybe we could work this out. The check I saw was signed by "Selma Ward" and the account numbers are exactly as described by others. The passport had the correct picture but there was other information on the passport that did not look right. I questioned everything about this Nigerian onlinedating scam, and I am so glad I did. Thank you for this information
 9th of May, 2011 by   twanbc85 0 Votes
About mid March, i was on tagged.com and i initiated contact with a woman who was originally from the United States, but was over in Lagos visiting her sick grandmother and was on a modelling contract with a Nigerian company by the name of Silverbird Entertainment. We talked for a little while and hit it off. Her grandmother got sick and needed some money for medication via western union so i sent some money to her modelling coordinator because she didnt have a nigerian ID, but he did. Soon she received her check for her modelling contract and she needed to have a Chase Bank Account in ordthe money er for her to receive her payment. She didnt have a Chase account so she wanted to know if i could use my account to receive the check. She asked her "modelling agency" to make a cashiers check using the bank that I use (Bank of America). Her modelling agency made a cashiers check in the amount of $216k, which she imaged and sent via email. The check had my name on it. After researching this for about a month, i couldnt find anything, until i came across this website. So i pulled up the imaged check and behold, it had the same routing number (which does pull up Bank of America in San Antonio) but they account number was the exactly the same as it was above and was signed by Selma Ward. The girl i met on tagged was astonished to find out when i told her that her check was fake. She is talking with her modelling agency to get to the bottom of it, but needless to say, no more money will be sent to Nigeria by me and hopefully not by you, the reader. Pass along so this can stop.
 10th of May, 2011 by   scammenot +1 Votes
Bank of America asked me to FILE A REPORT about the fradulent checks with the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION because they are investigating all of these complaints. The FTC phone number is 877-382-4357.
 10th of May, 2011 by   Patrick T 0 Votes
They are still at. Just got a call and googled it while on phone. Asked abou these issues here and he gave me address o 203 cardin st, Las Vegas and 8756-295-5855 as phone number. As soon as I said my wife worked for Homeland Security and I would cal back tomorrow with my WU receipt, after she checked them out, He hung up. Hoep others do same and check google also using 876-375-4195. Stay away. I would bet they are not in the USA, just using a local USA number.

Patrick
 10th of May, 2011 by   Patrick T 0 Votes
Same Scam now using 876-295-5855 and 876-375-4195 and stating they are wrking out of 203 Cardin St, Laas Vegas NV.

Ran away when I asked more ? than he nd said my wife worked for HS.
 10th of May, 2011 by   scammenot 0 Votes
YES, they are still at it. Today, since about 12:30pm I counted 29 phone calls from 876-277-4642, to my home number, and I had deleted a couple before I counted. The person calling is a male, with a very strong Jamaican accent and when asked his name, he said his name was John James. I asked him if he was calling from Jamaica and he said yes he was calling from Jamaica. I knew what he wanted so I sped the conversation along by asking him how much I needed to send him for "processing" the $1, 250, 000 he was sending me (lol). I was told I only needed to send $250. in US dollars. I told him over and over again that I was not sending him or anyone else money and he needed to stop calling this number because I was not going to get scammed by Jamaicans or Nigerians. And that anything that sounded too good to be true probably was!!! He got very nasty and put his "supervisor" on the line and I told her the same thing. Then I hung up. The calls kept coming so I started blowing a whistle into the phone every time they called back for the next few times, and finally the calls have stopped for a while now. I have reported this annoying situation to the local police but they can't really do much. The officer took an electronic report and the he was going to try to call the number, so I told him the call would probably not go through because it originated from a foreign country and that I had tried with no success. Oh well, just another thief trying to get our money (if we are dumb enough to send it)!!! DON'T FALL FOR ANY OF THIS FOLKS!!!
 10th of May, 2011 by   scammenot 0 Votes
Good idea Patrick. Next time I get a call I am telling them my husband works for Homeland Security and I will get back to them after he checks them out. Thanks for the tip!!!
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   SCAM GETTER 0 Votes
WOW- THIS IS AMAZING. MY MOM WAS ACTUALLY A VICTIM TO THIS SCAM FROM NIGERIA. A GUY, MICHAEL BILL, WITH A DAUGHTER, FROM L.A., CALI. IN NIGERIA ON BUSINESS. MY MOM IS DISABLED THINKING SHE HAD FINALLY MET THE MAN OF HER DREAMS SENT THIS GUY OVER $900 TO HELP HIM GET "HOME" SO HE COULD COME MEET HER AND THEY COULD GET MARRIED. THIS WAS OVER A 4 MONTH PERIOD OF PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. THANKFULLY, I GOT A GUT FEELING AS YOU ALL DID AND DID SOME RESEARCH TO FIND THIS GUY IS A HUGE SCAM. FOUND THE PICTURES HE WAS USING UNDER SEVERAL DIFFERENT NAMES ALL RELATED TO NIGERIAN SCAMMERS. HE ALSO SENT MOM THIS CHECK WITH SAME EXACT CHECK #, ROUTING NUMBER AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS SIGNED BY SELMA WARD. FOR $300, 000.00. I HAVE SINCE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI AND AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE BEST WAY OF REPORTING THIS FRAUDULANT CASHIER'S CHECK. PLEASE BEWARE PEOPLE...MY MOM WASNT UNFORTUNATELY AND NOW WE ARE PAYING!! THANKS FOR ALL WHO HAVE POSTED!
 15th of Mar, 2012 by   Hionia 0 Votes
Called me today very early in the morning. Telling me to pay $850.00 dollars for to get my $850, 000.00. Same number on the check. No. 0347927 account 001641003755. what a scam. Thanks everyone.
 31st of Dec, 2012 by   Biene 0 Votes
Here I want to share from Germany: by scanning message will transfer 500 euros, which I did not of course: Bankd of America, no-check: 0347927, TX Banking Center hypermarket; 0, 004, 979 00, 013 0, 347, 927; Payment for Contract executat, The Order : Brain Hamlin; signature: Selma Ward, Bank of America, San Antonio, Texas, $ 550;
I will pay basically nothing. Already not to, I meet on the Internet. I was told that extra account set up for me. Money is sent. Then something terrible had happened, the money is gone, need more, I want to transfer. I did not of course. Also had to request my account number not out. No phone number. Basically, I'm doing something wrong!
The only thing that is real is probably who wanted the money. Both name wrong, and photo. The photos of the person, as well as the check-scan I saved with me.
 3rd of Apr, 2013 by   jmarcs 0 Votes
Jessica Chloe t, jessica chloe, chloe Jessica! The latest scam names. Meet her on zoosk.com and facebook. She said she lives in Mississippi but is in nigeria for overseas work. A few weeks go by talking to her and now she needs money to get back to the states. Sends me a picture of het $150000 check needs me to deposit it in my account then wire her $2000 immediately. The check is the same as above comments. Bank of america check signed by a selma ward. Acct. Number and routing number same as above but the check said it was paid by bausch and lomb. It says payable to miss chloe jessica. Dont let this scammer fool you!

Wi-Fi Scam