logo

no dsl here

windstream
slate lick road
London, Kentucky
i have windstream phone service here, but the funny thing about it is i have called them out to my home 6 times in 3 weeks for a very poor team of repair people who don't know crap or do anything here to fix problems on my phone line period . Static and clicking noises on 2 seperate phones i pay for, and funny thing i cannot get highspeed here period internet with them, but everyone else but us few on our road get highspeed here . I have called them they do nothing but tell u crap 100 different stories oh maybe in 2 years, but we don't know . The most craziest company and worst i have seen in my 42 years of life !!! They are worthless to me . Don't ever get this company period to have anything for you !!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Horrible Customer Service

Windstream is impossible to get rid of, I cancelled service more than 3 months ago and am still getting bills. I've called in more than 10 times and you get passed around to at least 10 people before they find one that can help you, making each call at least half an hour long. You then are assured the problem is fixed only to receieve yet another bill a few weeks later. TERRRRIBLE SERVICE!!!
 16th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
See my post about Winstream, same deal.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

WindStream - paying 230 a month for services that dont work
windstream
753 seattle dr
Lexington
Kentucky
Phone: 859-277-1168

Yea so im gonna start selling internet and tv myself and just put a cardboard box in everyones house and while im at it why not charge i dont know 200 dollars cause the cardboard box is made of the finest cardboard in the south. Im paying back bills for service that never worked. So how about this fuck you talk to the lawyer.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EDT. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com.
 26th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
they suck!!
 6th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
oh you can call that number good luck try the FCC my modem they said because its WHITE IT IS $1oo.oo not the $49.99 as on tv. wellI told them I could paint it green pink etc. The 49.99 turned out to be $223.00 I called over 80 times for internet help (have photos and video tapes) that windstream internet service was having problems. Well they did knock the bill down to $120.00 and today 11-16-2009 and was told that if I do NOT receive the $50.00 in 8 weeks to call them. I said well you can deduct it from my bill then.
 13th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Costly
Pennsylvania

Windstream's $59.95 specail pricing is aactually much more per month. They didn't mention taxes and fees add add another 45% to the bill, bringing it closer to $88.00. Also Windtreams Internet service is extremely slow compared to cable internet, there excuse " well we ssated in the small print up to such and such speed". Often it is only 5% of the up to speed. Terrible, very misleading as to service level and actual costs.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
What company quotes taxes? windstream doesn't, nor does any other telco, charge you taxes, the government does. If you don't want to pay high taxes on your phone/internet service, write a letter to your governor. And as for the internet speed, Windstream provides faster service than most of the other telcos, IE Verizon and AT&T. They offer 24mbps in some areas through regular dsl lines. AT&T tops out at 6mbps.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Porting of Service
Windstream

Windstream purchased D&E Communications in PA. We have been trying to get a port date to change our phone service to another provider for over 60 days and Windstream is uncommunicative and rejects every attempt for one reason or another.
I have filed a complaint with the FCC and PA State Attorney General's Office because we can get no results from Windstream. We have no point of contact or way to resolve this issue.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Were you able to resolve this? We are trying to switch but keep the same # as we are a small construction company. Comcast keeps being told by WS the acct isn't valid. I've spoken with WS and confirmed acct # (reading it right off the bill), they say yes its correct. Back and forth for 2 days now.
Thanks for any help/insight!
 17th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Poor DSL
2048 SW 72nd Rd
Clatonia
Nebraska
Phone: 402-560-4714

I have had Windstream DSL for almost three years. I pay for a 1.5meg service but I only get 200K download on a good day. I've talked to them over and over again and they refuse to fix the problem. This is the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with, they totally stonewall the customer. If there is a class action (and there should be), I want to be at the front of the line. I HATE this company!
 21st of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your Broadband service. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com
 26th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

WindStream - slow internet for 3 weeks now
Georgia

Jimmy)winstream customer service) indicates that there is a "slow service issue" in my area of Georgia. This is the response I have been getting for 3 weeks now. I contracted with Windstream for 3 Mbps and am getting .2 to 1.2 Mbps download. What is going on slowstream?
 26th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
e are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at wincanhelp@windstream.com
 30th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
We have been dealing with latency outage in Kopperl, Texas for almost 5 weeks. Windstream has the most horrible customer service I've ever encountered. They do not provide the 12mbs to us that they advertise and they don't appear to care about fixing it timely. Too bad rural residents don't have any other providers to choose from. Windstream takes our money but doesn't deliver.
 24th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Thieves
Windstream

Windstream communications has been double billing my two companies for over 3 years and we did not see that they had been charging for both places on both bills. Now they claim that we had to dispute the bills within 30 days and will no offer any restitution. It took 4 months of calling managers for them to finally say they would not do anything. AT&T was bad but not like these thieves.
 29th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Not so happy
Windstream

I have delt with windstream for a few months about my bil & had to call them to fix our internet. We were paying for service for almost a month and didn't have service. Because the wires were messed up. Now I been paying between $90.00 and $110.00 dollars for internet/phone when it was suppose to be $50. So I not very happy about this.
 12th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Phone book
Edgrens heating and cooling
Albia
Iowa

after spending alot of money over the last year for Business Phone service, I was not even listed this year in the phone book under Heating or air conditioning. I called and they said sorry. I just hope my new business can make it one more year with NO phone book listings I think i should get a discount for there Boo Boo, but nope they DONT CARE!!!
 20th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with the directory. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com
 25th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

WindStream - Terrible Service!
Windstream

Windstream really does not care. My mother has had nothing but problems and they will not fix it. Today a Windstream truck drove by the house not stopping and reported no one was home... there were two cars in the drive way and three people were outside when the truck drove by. Terrible company which should not be allow to operate !

Social Security Identity Theft