logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Massey Services
2. (12 mins ago)
Forest Wind Siberians
Bad company, don’t buy from them
3. (42 mins ago)

BILLING

390 Park Avenue
Hazard, Kentucky
Phone: 606-436-5246
I called windstream billing because for the 2nd month in a row they did not give me my lifeline discount when I called I found out they claim I have a past due amount which is totally incorrect. The "past due " amount was a $50.00 rebate on the modem that I purchased. This is the most screwed up company!!! But Hazard KY has no other internet provider. It is a necessitity for me because I am mute.
I use it to talk and make phone calls and what was to have been a $49.99 bill has ended up a 90.00 bill. It seems there is no integerty in business.
A lousy company no wonder they will not allow any other company accross their lines if they were a good company they would not be afraid of competition.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jul, 2008 by   vic 0 Votes
they forget to tell u about the rebate and that your bill will be over 200.00 the first month, i dont understand why they have a program now that if u get broadband and sign up for cable you get it for 19.99 and if u have cable already it is 29.99 for broadband
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   cornelia, georgia 0 Votes
I received a bill for 70 something dollars on my greenstreak and phone bill, usually it is around $40 of so. I call windstream and waited for about 15 minutes for someone to help me on my bill. When she finally answered I told her why was I beening charge for $30 more. She had stated that I had requested a new service (which ment that I had called to add greenstreak back in june 2008). I told her that I had never called them and that I should already have this service from last year when I opened my account in june 2007. She told me that I was being billed a month in advance and a month before. She stated that somehow I was not being billed correct . I guess they wanted to get the money they had lost. I told her that I would pay only $50 this month and I would divide the other $20 in 3 different payments. She said it would be best if I pay $14 within the next 3 days and if I did that I could setup my payment of $23 plus my orginial monthly bill which is about $4?.00. She advised me that if I did not pay my payment setup exactly on the due dates that my services would be terminated. I told that I was going to look for another company with better services. Instead for making it easier they want to make it more complicated & make threats. I think thses people starting for the headquarter office are very stupid!
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   Dinkey 0 Votes
Well, this is the second time Windstream has f***** us over. The first time it was because we had sent the payment in and they cashed the check--the money had come out of the bank account, and they were going to disconnect our service and we had to fight with them for over 4 months and send them a copy of the debit information from our bank.

This time though, they had received the payment, posted it to the payment history on our account, with a confirmation number, and still turned off our dish network service. Because I called at 6:55PM CST and talked to the dish network technician who said they couldn't do anything because Windstream billing handles that...

Needless to say I called Windstream back and their billing department was already closed. They close at 8PM EST, so I missed it by like 5 minutes. Literally. Now, I can't do anything until tomorrow morning, and my broadband service might be terminated too! All because they already received payment for their crappy service. Windstream sucks. If we could switch to another carrier we would, however, our town won't allow any other carriers...guess it's going to be cell phones only. I refuse to use them any more and I will tell everyone I know to get cell phones if you live in Broken Arrow.
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Dinkey 0 Votes
Oh and after talking to the Dish network people on the phone our bill is supposed to be 42.99, but on our Windstream bill it is 47.99 before any taxes, AND we have been being charged for an unlisted number for almost a year at 5.00 a month even though we have told them several times to go ahead and make it published because our name and number were showing up on peoples caller ID even though it was supposed to be private.

Also we had signed up for the first 10 months at 10.00 off the normal price, it was never reflected on our bill either. It's horrible what they're doing.. so as I see it, they owe us well over 100.00, so they can go ahead and give us our last month of service free.
 19th of May, 2010 by   Rich Rinschen 0 Votes
I received my recent bill from Windstream and questioned why they are charging me $5.55 a month for long distance which includes taxes. The customer representative said they started charging me for this service in September of 2003. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said it is up to the customer to notice and question these charges when the bill is received. The supervisor offered to issue a credit for 18 months of the $5.55 charge. I told the supervisor I want credited for each and every month they have been charging me. The supervisor said they will call me tomorrow, 5/20/2010. You would be real smart to look at your bill from Windstream and see if you are being charged for services you have not agreed to.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Windstream Customer Service 0 Votes
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   Penguins63 0 Votes
I am VERY UPSET WITH WINDSTREAM!!! They claim I have an unpaid balance!!! Which is incorrect!!!The amount they claim I owe is the amount of the rebate they GAVE ME on my modem and they have not been giving me my lifeline discount. I live in a nursing home and have very little money. This company gives a bad name to the telecommunications industry. They also have the only access in this area. ALWAYS BE SUSPICOUS
OF MONOPOLIES!!!
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   Windstream Customer Service 0 Votes
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at wincanhelp@windstream.com

Health Insurance for College Grads