logo
search

Whitepages.com Complaints & Reviews - WhitePages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their business listings

Whitepages.com Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2012-07-26 by

whitepages.com
WhitePages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their business listings. For seven months, we have tried to get them to remove two listings for our business that have completely outdated information and to correct one listing that lists a phone number that is no longer in service. Their response every time has been that they simply republish information supplied by their information providers and that we need to contact the original sources of the information, which in our case are CityGrid and ExpressUpdate. In fact, we have contacted these information providers. They have been extremely cooperative and have been disseminating the correct data for months, yet WhitePages refuses to clean up the data on its own site, even though we have sent them the specific URLs of the incorrect listings. This is a serious problem because WhitePages is a major source of information to Google. We believe they may be the reason Google continues to publish an outdated phone number that is available almost nowhere else on the Internet. This has confused current and potential customers, and has done untold damage to our business. We have spent months trying to clean up the mess. Unless WhitePages starts taking responsibility for the false data they are propagating, they are exposing themselves to potential legal action. We recommend that you boycott WhitePages.com and use a more responsible online directory.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Whitepages.com - This website said "free", but they would not give the information unless I paid for one of their plans
whitepages.com

I just needed a phone number of a friend. I googled in phone book for the city I needed. This website said "free", but they would not give the information unless I paid for one of their plans!
 20th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

Whitepages.com - What used to be free is now a monthly paid for option
whitepages.com

What used to be free is now a monthly paid for option. Maybe not too bad if you have to look up a lot of people. BUT, the results they are now coming back with now are far from accurate - and it is public information, so it is not like they shouldn't be able to find it.

I have switched to anywho.com/whitepage, free and accurate.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

Whitepages.com - That it is a total waste of your time
whitepages.com

White pages suck every time I want a local phone number for a person they want me to do a back ground check and charge me! I just want a phone number if they don't have it leave it at that it is a total waste of your time.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree and it never used to be that way.
 12th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
My dad passed away more than eight years ago. Just today I found his first name with my middle initial and an age that belongs to neither of us with my address. Obviously, there is no attempt to purge obsolete or incorrect entries. Even when you report the errors, they won't delete or change the incorrect entries.

The Mother of all Foreclosure Mistakes