logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
2. (1 mins ago)
Carlo Mitchell
I donated money, but they started to take more money from me
3. (6 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (15 mins ago)
LightInTheBox
Do not use this company!
5. (35 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-02-16 by    Arenade

What a waste and a pain

Whatscheaper.com
whatscheaper.com
Even though I had never heard of them, I found a cheap flight on their site and thought I'd give it a shot. What a waste and a pain. They sent me a confirmation number and everything and then at the bottom (thank goodness I checked) there was a note saying that it did not go through, that they were "having trouble with that airline getting correct flight information." Horrible HORRIBLE horrible. Don't use that site ever.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2011 by   badcompanies 0 Votes
I booked a flight on 11/08/11 with this company and didn't receive a confirmation email until 11/10/11 and called to change my departure date. The number that I called for this horrible scam company had me leave a message to receive a call back. When called back the customer service agent was the worst person I've dealt with in a long time. She got angry and told me that I would have to pay a large switch fee and continued to pretty much yell at me. I told her to please calm down and she stated that she was not yelling at me. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me she would have her call me and hung up.

Upon receiving the call from a supervisor, she told me that my ticket could not be changed due to the airline and their change fees which whatscheaper.com doesn't make a penny on booking trips (how do they make money then)? She stated she was leaving the office so I left her a voicemail to call me (which she hasn't). I think this company is a scam so I have contacted my credit card company to file a dispute of charge.

Lesson learned: DON'T use this service to book your trip. Use a reputable service like the airlines direct or another online booking company like Expedia.com.
 7th of Mar, 2013 by   MsKDB 0 Votes
***SCAM COMPANY*** My husband and I booked a round trip flight and had to cancel due to an illness in the family. When I called to cancel or switch the flight to a different date they said I couldn't get my money back because I had a package deal (flight and car rental). I had flight insurance, so thought it wouldn't be a problem. When flight insurance was called, they said someone from this site had CANCELLED the insurance and the insurance company even gave me the policy numbers. DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY TO BOOK ANYTHING!! My credit card company is disputing the charges. BEWARE!
 18th of Mar, 2013 by   Rachael.S 0 Votes
I bought a ticket with them last month to travel to Miami. My credit card was originally declined (I had entered the wrong expiration date). They sent me an email about the problem, and also called me. I gave them the correct expiration date and the booking was confirmed. I had received an acknowledgement email originally when I booked the ticket. Then after I gave them the correct expiration date I received a confirmation email. The company was professional, and the only problem was the one that I caused by entering the wrong expiration date. The flight worked out great for me. The price I paid was fair and I had absolutely no problems. I will definitely book with them again. I am a little in shocked reading that anyone had problems with them as I experienced no problems what so ever! I would definitely recommend them!
 24th of Aug, 2013 by   Loren G. 0 Votes
On August 23, 2013 I used this airline service and I'd like to write a positive review. When I read negative reviews online I wasn't sure I made the right decision. I was afraid it was a scam. I worried until I actually received my ticket at the airport. I don't want that to happen to other people reading negative reviews. The service worked for me and I want to share with others to ease their concerns. I look forward to using them again. Thank you.
Loren G.